Best bodybuilding books?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im an effing nerd. i like to read. and im also a gym slut so that makes me a nerdy slut. my point is any of you guys read any good books bodybuilding and such.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
there are tons of great training books..

here is a short list:

Beyond Brawn
Building the Classic Physique: The Natural Way
Unleashing the Wild Physique
Power: A Scientific Approach
The Westside Barbell Book of Methods
Beyond Bodybuilding: Muscle and Strength Training Secrets for The Renaissance Man
Power to the People! : Russian Strength Training Secrets for Every American
Supertraining
Starting Strength
Science and Practice of Strength Training
Practical Programming for Strength Training
Theory and Application of Modern Strength and Power Methods
Functional Training for Sports
Low Back Disorders
5/3/1
The Unnatural Athlete

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lol
you really like your strength training dont you.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
any "get swole" books?

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I love reading. It is surprising that there aren't that many good books on BBing.

I need to go back and read the ones I have again. I ordered Brother Iron, Sister Steel hopefully it will be a good read.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love reading. It is surprising that there aren't that many good books on BBing.

I need to go back and read the ones I have again. I ordered Brother Iron, Sister Steel hopefully it will be a good read.
There probably are a bunch on bodybuilding but I am not really into physique training that much so I tend not to seek out those kinds of books.

aceroni

Awards
Arnold Schwarzenegger's encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding.
Its good ****.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Arnold's book is Ok. Even so, how many times can one read it.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
There probably are a bunch on bodybuilding but I am not really into physique training that much so I tend not to seek out those kinds of books.
I do read strength training books as well. They tend to be more informative than BBing books. Starting Strength 3rd edition was released and thinking of picking it up.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
I love Arnold's encyclopedia. I have the second.d version and I've read it like 20 times over

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
By the way, thanks for recommending Supertraining, it is an excellent book.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Though books are nice to bring along for a bathroom trip, with all the free information that's already on the internet, there's not a ton of value in investing in bodybuilding books. I suppose that's arguable, but at the same time, everything you would ever need to know about it is already on the internet and available for free.

Just my opinion... Also, I was serious about the bathroom thing. I love reading in there!