Been awhile, need some pointers!

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
Hey all, a quick background. When i was in my mid 20's i was at 240 @ 6'1. At age 26.5 i was diagnosed sever Psoriatic Arthritis in 90% of my joints. I was dosed up with some serious injections and pills to control it but it only got worse. once the biologicals were prescribed (humira) and the side effects were told to me i freaked out and dropped all meds, changed my diet to strictly Paleo (Proteins, fruits/veg and Nuts). Sugars, grains and dairy gone (F'n hard). that lead me to renewlife.ca (.com for the USA) and i have been using a ton of cleanses and detoxes with GREAT results.

been back at the gym for a year now, lost 20lbs of fat to bring me down to 190 pretty shredded without any dirty carbs.

So here is where i am at today. A lot of reading has got me extremely interested in AN products and I am wanting to do a stack. I am horned up for IGF-2 with drive, FreeTEST, RPM and NeoVar. And have thoughts of 20 weeks. Hoping to start this stack in October, by then I am also hoping that i can reintroduce Whole Grains to my diet (if all goes well with the cleanses).

Thoughts?
Comments?
Pointers?

Thank you Kindly

M420
Canada

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
On humira: if I'm not mistaken my friend takes this for Crohns disease and did pretty well for a while but it backfired. Am I thinking of two different drugs?

On paleo: why does everyone think paleo means no carbs? It simply means nothing processed. Careful the information you find because some sites contradict themselves. I do like your approach for yourself- go through the cleanses and restart the system then reintroduce whole grains.

On the stack: Also a real good plan. The stack itself is a powerhouse full circle and best utilized when carbohydrates exist in the diet to get the most of IGF2 and NeoVar. Plus the cleansing will allow greater response to the compounding effects of RPM and Drive.

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
Thanks for the reply. As for Humira, I have taken a huge leap in my health without prescriptions. I was wheel chair bound winter 08 on loads of subq injections, steroids, pain pills, heart burn and depression pills. Humria is a biological with more cons than pros. I know more people with negative results than positive.

As for paleo. It means eating cave man or hunter gather. ie meat, fish, poultry, fruits and veg and nuts&seeds. The veg and nut intake has been carb enough to get through work and workouts. Rice is not included in true paleo, but I can eat with no reaction, I have just chosen to limit while healing internally. Red Potatoes I can load up on in the future as well.

Sugar is my main cause of inflammation. 2 hrs after intake I am swollen in all active joints. Thankfully over 60% have gone into remssion since paleo. And maryJ helps quiet abit with the pain and allows me to workout comfortably.

Pin pointing the reason why has been my goal since June 12. I believe I found the cause. And am hoping once done these herbal cleanses. Grains and sugar will be no problem again. If not. I will moderate intake of whole grains and keep sugars strictly limited.

As for this stack. I am excited as H. What will be the best way to start/take each?!? And other tips appreciated! I will be training light weight 25-30 reps. And sauna after every workout for 20. If all goes well with AN supplements I will be doing cardio(never have enough in the tank normally)

Thanks again

Cheers
M420

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
If youre well with Drive - you will be fueled for cardio. Dont worry. Drive is in there for the long haul on workouts.

So what's your daily routine like? When do you lift? Drive and RPM are pretty consistent in dosing times. IGF-2 and NeoVar you can play around with. Now, I lift around 1900 and eat between 1700 and 2300.

Upon awakening = FreeTest (all 4), Drive (2)
12 hours later = Drive (2)
PreWorkout = RPM(4), IGF-2(4), NeoVar (4)
Post Workout = NeoVar(4)
Pre-Bed = IGF-2(4)

On non training days Neovar with my first meal and prebed. If you eat like normal people, which I assume, take the first dose of NeoVar with your largest carb meal and then immediately post workout.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey all, a quick background. When i was in my mid 20's i was at 240 @ 6'1. At age 27 i was diagnosed sever Psoriatic Arthritis in 90% of my joints. I was dosed up with some serious injections and pills to control it but it only got worse. once the biologicals were prescribed (humira) and the side effects were told to me i freaked out and dropped all meds, changed my diet to strictly Paleo (Proteins, fruits/veg and Nuts). Sugars, grains and dairy gone (F'n hard). that lead me to renewlife.ca (.com for the USA) and i have been using a ton of cleanses and detoxes with GREAT results.

been back at the gym for a year now, lost 20lbs of fat to bring me down to 190 pretty shredded without any dirty carbs.
great to hear bud!

IMO dietary intervention should be the first step and bravo and going that route and it is great to hear that was successful for you. That said, not all medications are evil and some are very very effective but as for humira I honestly cant say much about that one specifically.

So here is where i am at today. A lot of reading has got me extremely interested in AN products and I am wanting to do a stack. I am horned up for IGF-2 with drive, FreeTEST, RPM and NeoVar. And have thoughts of 20 weeks.
nice stack! Next time shoot me a PM for a little discount on your order ;)

Hoping to start this stack in October, by then I am also hoping that i can reintroduce Whole Grains to my diet (if all goes well with the cleanses).
Why reintroduce them? You have already done the hardest part (eliminating grains) so why take a step backwards? Especially since your progress with you health sounds like it has been stellar.

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
ATM I am doing 5 days light weight high rep, abs daily and no cardio. When I am ready to hit the stack I will be on day shift then 4 weeks in Switching to afternoons (as it stands right now).

As for the grains, I understand things a lot more now. A lot of trail and error with eating. After that I wanted to find out why I went from years of being fine with grains and the rest with an auto immune disease. I believe I am in the process of that now. I dont think grains are bad now. I think the effects of eating them when you are sick is bad. Eliminate the cause of the sickness and enjoy again.

I just want healthy grains, oatmeals, cereals and whole grain bread. I miss sandwiches. In moderation I can still stay ripped.

I am not against modern medicine. But remember, a doctor is just "practicing". So I ditched them, and practiced on myself. Dangerous? Maybe. The drugs I was on were trail for them, that seemed more dangerous to me. Violently Throwing up every day after injection. No improvements on joint damage and damage progression. Side effects, cancer! While on a cancer drug! No thanks.

The internet did more for me than the years with them. No drugs just natural. Diet, herbs and a weed!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Sounds great! Im all about integrative medicine. Some other carbohydrate choices you may find interest in are quinoa*, yuca, ñame, yams, oat bran*, barley*

* I starred these as they are grains and some variants, depending on the source, can give rise to a reaction in people with celiacs. Not saying to avoid them entirely but if you do feel negative feedback from eating one brand maybe just try switching brands using different sources.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On paleo: why does everyone think paleo means no carbs?
This is mostly the bodybuilder crowd who think this. Most paleo followers who arent into working out for aesthetics and eat this way for health generally understand it does not equal no carb however to some extent it does equal a low carb diet especially when compared to the standard American diet

It simply means nothing processed.
Not quite true but it is one of the MAJOR pillars of paleo eating. Paleo can also equal no dairy, low fructose, no GMO foods, organic only, all grains are bad, etc.. Their are a couple different views and opinions on the paleo style of eating and as research is done and new evidence is presented ideas change. BIG example is Cordain was against saturated fat and advocated canola oil. Now his beliefs on dietary fats have changed quite a bit.

As for paleo. It means eating cave man or hunter gather. ie meat, fish, poultry, fruits and veg and nuts&seeds. The veg and nut intake has been carb enough to get through work and workouts. Rice is not included in true paleo, but I can eat with no reaction, I have just chosen to limit while healing internally. Red Potatoes I can load up on in the future as well.
For rice I would opt for white rice or jasmione rice and then there is basmati and quiona too. Red potatoes are fine IMO as well as sweet potatoes and also most of the nightshade root veggies

As for this stack. I am excited as H. What will be the best way to start/take each?!? And other tips appreciated! I will be training light weight 25-30 reps. And sauna after every workout for 20. If all goes well with AN supplements I will be doing cardio(never have enough in the tank normally)
First may I ask why light weight and high reps? Second, what size drive do you have? The bigger one?

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
Couple reasons for the weight and reps. 1) I have a couple guys that have persuaded me in to it at my gym that compete 2) my joints (elbows and left wrist, along with both thumbs and index, both knees) can't handle the weight I used to push Maybe in time they will take it better with use.

As for the drive bottle, I have yet to purchase the 5stack combo, I am waiting on a email reply regarding shipping from AN. I am going to be buying the 5 stack once a month for the 4 - 5 months or whatever it works out to be(havent worked it out yet)I will be purchasing The large bottles of each if available. I am a bit OCD when it comes to stock on almost everything I am taking.

I am not looking to compete. I miss the size and shapes and the ability to do it. I feel lucky enough to have that "second chance".

I feel like I am at the beginning again with all the products out there. I have spent the last few weeks looking at different reviews of different companies and found this one to appeal the most. That lead me here, to find more amazing results from more people.

Thanks

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Please be asure to let us know if you decide to post any logs or reviews on your experience. Bast of luck and see you soon.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ATM I am doing 5 days light weight high rep, abs daily and no cardio. When I am ready to hit the stack I will be on day shift then 4 weeks in Switching to afternoons (as it stands right now).

As for the grains, I understand things a lot more now. A lot of trail and error with eating. After that I wanted to find out why I went from years of being fine with grains and the rest with an auto immune disease. I believe I am in the process of that now. I dont think grains are bad now. I think the effects of eating them when you are sick is bad. Eliminate the cause of the sickness and enjoy again.
Curious where you are getting your paleo info from? Do you understand why the paleo philosophy revolves around eliminating wheat from your diet? There is a lot of gray area with paleo and many difference amongst followers but the one thing they all share is "no wheat". Basic quick breakdown is that your immune system starts in your gut and wheat comprises your gut (intestinal permeability)

I just want healthy grains, oatmeals, cereals and whole grain bread. I miss sandwiches. In moderation I can still stay ripped.
What makes grains healthy? The health benefits come from the fiber not the grains themselves and if you compare micro-nutrients of a fibrous pasta to a fibrous green veggie, the green veggie will win every time. There is nothing intrinsically special about wheat.

As for appearance, of course you can look good but looking good does not necessarily equal being healthy. Just because I have a nice chest and a sick pack it doesnt mean I am in good health.

I am not against modern medicine. But remember, a doctor is just "practicing". So I ditched them, and practiced on myself. Dangerous? Maybe. The drugs I was on were trail for them, that seemed more dangerous to me. Violently Throwing up every day after injection. No improvements on joint damage and damage progression. Side effects, cancer! While on a cancer drug! No thanks.

The internet did more for me than the years with them. No drugs just natural. Diet, herbs and a weed!
That is kind of minimizing what they do. It is more than just practicing.. A lot of research and work goes into modern medicine. Problem is it is full of corruption and most doctors loose their ability to diagnose and just treat symptoms. So yes western medicine has its problems and is far from perfect, but it is certainly more involved then just guessing. Also while I will not recommend you self medicate, I do and it can be done but at the same time there is a doctor involved still with what I do.

Anyway not trying to preach so best of luck and any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
I would do the quote thing, but its late and not my thing.

As for my Paleo diet, which I am pretty sure I did more to the script than the Majority, as I followed the Hunter Gather rules more. I know exactly what the beliefs and why they are what they are. After going all in and Paleo saving me I was still Arthritic, still leaking sores in hots spots zones the size of Peach seeds when fully flared up. The Scaly skin and psoriasis under my nails. Sure i was better, but still sick. So it was apparent to me that Wheat was a problem, but not the problem. Same went for Dairy and Sugar. There has to be a reason WHY people go from being able to unable. Be it Lupus, Diabetes, Crohn's, ibs, Cancer, ETC. i am not going to get into what i have concluded here. It is not the place. But I can tell you that what I have found has reduced the Sores, reduced the Skin, the swelling and everything else. Mean while I have had Grains and dairy in the last few weeks (minor) with ZERO reaction. When before, 2 hours after intake and i would be in agony and stiff.

Yes paleo believes that the grains and the intestines is the problem. Well they are half right. But if you remove the "problems" within the intestine, grains, sugars and dairy digest normally. (that is what i have found and am almost complete in removing)

Why can people like my 96 y/o grandmother who eats wheat regularly still live on. AS with my German 90y/o grandmother (mothers side) she bakes like a mad woman. (man i miss those baked goods)

Walk a mile in my shoes friend. You would see things different. I have been though more than most. As for self Medication. I am self medicating my self with Herbs. There is not one side effect that comes from this. People may experience discomfort, nausea, headaches aches and pains, but thats a part of detoxes and pushing out the bad. Again, What i targeted isnt believed by Pharmaceutic Doctors. and Again, i do believe in modern Med to a point. Just not the Doctors that enjoy the 30% for signing that slip each time.

What i have concluded Modern Med. does not recognize. Oriental and Naturopathic does. I will tell you this, doctors put me on Antibiotics for the boils. They got worse. They told me "we dont know what it is, a lot of our patients have these" ( 2008 Dr. D. Gladman Toronto Western RA lead)

I went high does Herbal, and they are almost gone. (again, since June.) and I have had those since age 23. Skin has never looked so good. Bowel Movements are like a slice of heaven. My hyper Hydrosis is controlled.

As i am sure you understand, after years of problems, it may take years to heal each individual symptom. I have photo documentation of skin at the beginning and now. Of the Sores in June and now. And it is from only Renewlife that i give credit to. So maybe in a few more months i will have Zero swelling and maybe my nails will become normal. I am checking things off the list. Slowly, but checking them!

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
I should add.

Along with the cleanses and detoxs. I am take s probiotics and enzymes (50billion). Going to bed on an empty stomach (2hr min) for healing purposes. My intakes are like clock work. I have taken this adventure extremely serious. My amazing wife has been supporting by rolling the diet soon side. She can cheat as long as I am not near :).

Thanks

M420

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
AN replied qucikly, i just forgot to post. Shipping is dirt cheap for the 5 stack to Canada, very appealing. I will be placing my order for mid September, and starting the day after i receive. That will give me over a month to get back into things without injury. Ampped

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Celiacs? Maybe a gluten issue you have?

Awesome that you have good support system and this whole plan works out for you. Ever consider takig Biotin?

Medical420

Medical420

Awards
Celiacs? Maybe a gluten issue you have?

Awesome that you have good support system and this whole plan works out for you. Ever consider takig Biotin?

Similar, but my reactions are in my joints not my stomach, or intestine (IBS), colon (crohn's), diabetes (pankrious/kidney), the list goes on. I have my beliefs that theY all have similar cause, different reaction per individual. I have tried to get heard and gave up, I am not a doctor or professionally in the medical field. I have helped the few that have asked. It's good enough for me.

Biotin has been mentioned before but I don't feel it fits me. I eat a lot of greens and I eat liver 1-2 a month