Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
75% of the time I do leg curls I get terrible cramps in my hamstrings, however I have notice that is I add BCAA to my pre-workout this does not happen. Is this possible or is it all in my head. All I know is I am about out of BCAA and better order soon. Those cramps are very painful !!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do the bcaas have electrolytes in them as well? When I'm any sort of dehydrated my hammys are the first thing to cramp up

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't think so FinaFlex BCAA SAA

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
75% of the time I do leg curls I get terrible cramps in my hamstrings, however I have notice that is I add BCAA to my pre-workout this does not happen. Is this possible or is it all in my head. All I know is I am about out of BCAA and better order soon. Those cramps are very painful !!
I get them too. I find if i go heavier and rest longer in between sets i may not get them but whenever i work in the 10 plus range and rest around a minute i have to stop after my 2nd or 3rd set because i can feel it coming on. I always use bcaa's during my workouts, maybe its something else in the bcaa's that improves blood flow? Citrulline should in theory help with this issue but i get them regardless

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think so FinaFlex BCAA SAA
That has taurine and I think few other goodies to help with cramping.

Edit. I googled it and it's actually called anti cramping blend lmao.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you mix your BCAAs in water? Possibly the extra hydration itself is helping.
I do but I mix it with my Get Diesel pre-Workout which I always dink, so no extra fluid.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea bcaa's have all kinds of ingredients that will help prevent muscle cramps and of course you're mixing it with water and it's hydrating you.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My problem could be hydration, I do work out first thing in the am and have gone 7 hours (sleeping) with no water, but I always drink a pre-workout with about 10oz of water, so I don not drink more water when I add BCAA to my pre.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Capture2.JPG

Yep, it's the taurine (highlighting done by me).

I use bulk taurine + iForce Compete, personally and the combo of that and the electrolytes is fantastic (I use it during basketball, too, and can play for 2 hours without my calves cramping up on me).

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
View attachment 122688

Yep, it's the taurine (highlighting done by me).

I use bulk taurine + iForce Compete, personally and the combo of that and the electrolytes is fantastic (I use it during basketball, too, and can play for 2 hours without my calves cramping up on me).
Thank you, that help a lot !

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My problem could be hydration, I do work out first thing in the am and have gone 7 hours (sleeping) with no water, but I always drink a pre-workout with about 10oz of water, so I don not drink more water when I add BCAA to my pre.
I drink a liter of water as soon as I wake up before training fasted, seems to help me.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

No you are a sexy man !!! Thanks for your help!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I bought some taurine anyone have any Idea on the how many mg I should take to help prevent muscle cramps?

I was just thinking if I am having a muscle cramping problem, how many others are have the same issue, would it be something that maybe Chuck Diesel and Get Diesel Nutrition should look into, a Anti-Cramping PWO Formula ???

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use 5g but I'd wager you could pretty easily just use 1-3 And be just fine.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer