Banaba Powder (20% Corosolic Acid)!!!

Mars1107

You have to give loyalty to a supplier and not jump suppliers because it is a few dollars cheaper.

Good people in china but a lot of middlemen and con men.
Your father did business with china, he respected china, but your father never trusted china.

an adapted quote from what movie?guess

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea exactly why it was included, bingo. PSLIN corosolic is between 10-12 percent.
MMMmmmmmm redwood colored bowels. :684:

Actually i meant do you have something that shows a higher TA content in PSLIN than any other banaba product?

Mars1107

well i ordered some np banaba, i was tempted to just get another bulk p-slin, at the 20 really cheap price, i paid 30 bucks for my last two bottle. But i wanted to see the difference, will let u guy no how it goes, i actually still have half a bulk p-slin left thought, so i could probally do some interesting testing.:)

MHA

Awards
  • Established
I think its the same, I tryed both. But I did not get the super pumps but that don't mean it don't work at force feedin muscles carbs.

I use it with yellow gold (25-35g banaba+150g yello gold mix=homemade AP 00 cap before a meal), a must for cutting

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
Just giving the Banaba a bump. It was highly requested, and has been slipping a bit in sales and I don't want people to forget about it and have it discontinued :(
just for that now im buying some on my next order. i would hate to see it discontinued when its such a good product

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
So good but not to much talk about it....

So its basically bulk AP?

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Yellow Gold is similar to the P-Insulin component of Anabolic Pump, which also contains some additional tannins . Bulk Banaba Powder is stronger and is great before larg carb meals, esp. Pre-WO.
Additional tannins in yellowgold, can you explain the purpose?

Banaba is more related to (whats the other supp like ap, p-slin?) whatever the other one is?

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Additional tannins in yellowgold, can you explain the purpose?

Banaba is more related to (whats the other supp like ap, p-slin?) whatever the other one is?
I think he meant AP contains the additional tannins..

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Yea I was thinking the same thing after I posted that and looked at AP ingredients.

So...the only time I'm really blasting carbs is on a re-feed day. I'm going to stop taking AP on my norm diet days with lower carbs because some insulin sensitivity is needed and I feel the AP may be stalling my progress a bit (low 6% bf right now).

I don't want to get into the Banaba since the price for the amount is not needed, but am interested a bit in the yellow gold as its cheaper since sold in smaller jugs. For the reason that if I chose to use it on my lower carb days I could (even though I could just dose the Banaba really low), but also combine it with the AP on my re-feed days for the higher carb meals that Banaba is known better for.

Thoughts on combining AP and YellowGold? Also AP possibly stalling progress at some point when bf% and carb levels get low enough? Been taking it for some time so maybe a little break is needed either way.

micro2000

Awards
From reading the studies, corosolic acid is acting as an inhibitor of carbohydrases (alpha-amylase, sucrase, etc.). The up-regulation of GLUT4 is likely a secondary effect of this, as studies on acarbose show a similar effect.

Any notice of diarrhea from this product?

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
From reading the studies, corosolic acid is acting as an inhibitor of carbohydrases (alpha-amylase, sucrase, etc.). The up-regulation of GLUT4 is likely a secondary effect of this, as studies on acarbose show a similar effect.

No bathrooms issues at all for me and have been using AP for about 2months now. Can't comment on Banaba or YellowGold yet.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

No bathrooms issues at all for me and have been using AP for about 2months now. Can't comment on Banaba or YellowGold yet.
It is very infrequent, but there have been anecdotes of some people having changes in bowel movements upon starting AP or YG, which subsided after a few days.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
So...the only time I'm really blasting carbs is on a re-feed day. I'm going to stop taking AP on my norm diet days with lower carbs because some insulin sensitivity is needed and I feel the AP may be stalling my progress a bit (low 6% bf right now).

I don't want to get into the Banaba since the price for the amount is not needed, but am interested a bit in the yellow gold as its cheaper since sold in smaller jugs. For the reason that if I chose to use it on my lower carb days I could (even though I could just dose the Banaba really low), but also combine it with the AP on my re-feed days for the higher carb meals that Banaba is known better for.

Thoughts on combining AP and YellowGold? Also AP possibly stalling progress at some point when bf% and carb levels get low enough? Been taking it for some time so maybe a little break is needed either way.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Yellow Gold is similar to the P-Insulin component of Anabolic Pump, which also contains some additional tannins . Bulk Banaba Powder is stronger and is great before larg carb meals, esp. Pre-WO.
I rarely eat carbs pre-workouts, but are you advocating it to be used in this manner because of the increased pump, blood flow, nutrient assimilation, creatine utilization and uptake - or because after the approximitely 1hr workout the compounds will all be at peak levels and the post-workout carbohydrates will all be shuttled into the muscle cells?

Also, what would be the best option for use in conjunction with a re-feed day (high carb day to me) or a cheat meal in order to ensure the aversion of lipo accumulation and increase the amount of glycogen stored in lean tissues with the remainder disposed off? Thank you!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I rarely eat carbs pre-workouts, but are you advocating it to be used in this manner because of the increased pump, blood flow, nutrient assimilation, creatine utilization and uptake - or because after the approximitely 1hr workout the compounds will all be at peak levels and the post-workout carbohydrates will all be shuttled into the muscle cells?

Also, what would be the best option for use in conjunction with a re-feed day (high carb day to me) or a cheat meal in order to ensure the aversion of lipo accumulation and increase the amount of glycogen stored in lean tissues with the remainder disposed off? Thank you!
I usually suggest taking Banaba with a large meal PreWO. Taken 30 mins pre-meal is quite sufficient. YG is more with normal sized meals throughout the day. If you want it PWO, you can just take it 15-30 mins before the PWO meal although your muscles are already primed from working out.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Can one combine AP and x dosage of YellowGold to accommodate the larger carb meal?

If so what would the dosing look like?

Also what even is the dosing protocol or YG?

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
bump

YellowGold to carb serving ratio?

Combination of AP and YG to get the little bit extras in AP alongside the YG dosing per amount of carbs?

How to measure yellowgold? I dont get why I can't get any answers here lol

UGGGHHH

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established

it works via the PI3K pathway which enhances glut4 translocation,

the effects it has on adipogenesy has to do with the PPARs.

you cant compare those studies on corosolic acid to the ones on acarbose. the Yellow Gold you can compare to acarbose thoguh.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I am very interested in Corosolic Acid, especially at this high yield extract - I also remember increased creatine uptake and utilization being attributed to it early on when it first began to see market introduction and inclusion in products.

When it comes to accomplishing the end result of more glycogen directed into muscle cells, and less being stored and converted to fat - what is the most effect product, OR, is it a synergistic mixture of a few compounds? In the realm of na-r-ala, corosolic acid, berberine, and bulk powders such as yellow gold or bulk P-slin powder (if/when it gets back in stock) what would be the best (by means of science validated and published peer reviewed literature/studies) method of accomplishing the aforementioned?

micro2000

Awards
it works via the PI3K pathway which enhances glut4 translocation,

the effects it has on adipogenesy has to do with the PPARs.

you cant compare those studies on corosolic acid to the ones on acarbose. the Yellow Gold you can compare to acarbose thoguh.
Corosolic acid has been shown to be an inhibitor of alpha-glucosidase and caused the reduction in the hydrolysis of sucrose in the intestine, which is the same mechanism of acarbose. It may have other properties, and likely the other components of the extract influence the pharmacology, but the fact remains that ONE mechanism of glucose regulation may be carbohydrase inhibition.

A quick search shows that Anabolic Pump has been called "Anabolic Dump" by some who have experienced diarrhea from what may likely have been from the aforementioned property.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Corosolic acid has been shown to be an inhibitor of alpha-glucosidase and caused the reduction in the hydrolysis of sucrose in the intestine, which is the same mechanism of acarbose. It may have other properties, and likely the other components of the extract influence the pharmacology, but the fact remains that ONE mechanism of glucose regulation may be carbohydrase inhibition.

A quick search shows that Anabolic Pump has been called "Anabolic Dump" by some who have experienced diarrhea from what may likely have been from the aforementioned property.

no that aforementioned property is from the berberine acting that way however berberin after getting used to it will actually prevent diareah. More like acarbose then corosolic acid, as well as working via ppara/y agonist antaginistic properties.

Corosolic acid doesnt inhibit it to that degree there for you cannot compare the 2

micro2000

Awards
no that aforementioned property is from the berberine acting that way however berberin after getting used to it will actually prevent diareah. More like acarbose then corosolic acid, as well as working via ppara/y agonist antaginistic properties.

Corosolic acid doesnt inhibit it to that degree there for you cannot compare the 2
The science disagrees with your assertions.

Phytother Res. 2009 May;23(5):614-8.

Triterpene acids isolated from Lagerstroemia speciosa leaves as alpha-glucosidase inhibitors.
Hou W, Li Y, Zhang Q, Wei X, Peng A, Chen L, Wei Y.

State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, and School of Life Science, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China.

Abstract
The potential antidiabetic activity of ethyl acetate extract of the leaves of Lagerstroemia speciosa (LSL) was investigated by alpha-amylase and alpha-glucosidase inhibition assay. Six pentacyclic triterpenes (oleanolic acid, arjunolic acid, asiatic acid, maslinic acid, corosolic acid and 23-hydroxyursolic acid) were isolated from LSL. Their structures were determined by spectroscopic analysis and their alpha-glycosidase and alpha-amylase inhibitory activities were investigated. They exhibited no or weak inhibitory activity against alpha-amylase and middle alpha-glucosidase inhibitory activities. Corosolic acid, which shows best bioactivity against alpha-glucosidase (IC(50) = 3.53 microg/mL), contributes most to the alpha-glucosidase inhibitory activity of EtOAc extract. The kinetics of inhibition of corosolic acid was also discussed. Results from this study might provide the scientific evidence for LSL for the treatment of diabetes in traditional medicine.
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2008 Jun;54(3):266-8.

Effect of corosolic acid on the hydrolysis of disaccharides.
Takagi S, Miura T, Ishibashi C, Kawata T, Ishihara E, Gu Y, Ishida T.

Department of Clinical Nutrition, Suzuka University of Medical Science, Suzuka, Mie, Japan.

Abstract
The banaba leaf (Lagerstroemia speciosa L.) has been used in traditional Oriental medicine to treat diabetes in the Philippines. It contains corosolic acid (CA), a compound which has a hypoglycemic effect. We examined the effect of CA on blood glucose levels and the hydrolysis of disaccharides in the small intestine in mice. CA (10 mg/kg body weight) improved hyperglycemia after an oral administration of sucrose, and significantly reduced the hydrolysis of sucrose in the small intestine. These results suggest that the hypoglycemic activity of CA is derived, at least in part, due to the inhibition of the hydrolysis of sucrose.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Bump - any more feedback, thoughts, or overall input about this extract/leaf?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The science disagrees with your assertions.
stand corrected, but i usually also assess real world situations (diareah ect) to the blocking of those enzymes.

When you can take banaba 20% with no bloat or gas, then it is not very potent, yellow gold/ berberine is a different beast which act on the same level as acarbose.