BA allergies

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
I figgure if anyone knew, it would be you PA. Is there anyway to diffuse the histamine release of an allergic reaction to BA?

I can inject intramuscular with no problems, but once I apply Abliderate Advanced or inject a peptide subcutaneous I breakout in a line of hives aka contact urticaria.

I have used loads of benadryl, zantac, allegra, the works. I know that activation of beta andrenergic receptors also prevents histamine release. So in theory the use of allegra/zantac (non drowsy) and EC would prevent said allergic reaction, yet it does nothing for it.

I have no problem just discontinuing the use of AA but if I could prevent this reaction, what would assist in this?

Ingredient list : Isopropyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, octyl salicylate, triglyceride complex, water, d-limonene, Omega 3 Complex, 3-acetyl-7-oxo-DHEA, Green Coffee Bean Extract (50% Chlorogenic acid), Resveratrol, carbomer, Nobiletin

edit: I can afford the trial and error I have epi pens laying around the house.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I figgure if anyone knew, it would be you PA. Is there anyway to diffuse the histamine release of an allergic reaction to BA?

I can inject intramuscular with no problems, but once I apply Abliderate Advanced or inject a peptide subcutaneous I breakout in a line of hives aka contact urticaria.

I have used loads of benadryl, zantac, allegra, the works. I know that activation of beta andrenergic receptors also prevents histamine release. So in theory the use of allegra/zantac (non drowsy) and EC would prevent said allergic reaction, yet it does nothing for it.

I have no problem just discontinuing the use of AA but if I could prevent this reaction, what would assist in this?

Ingredient list : Isopropyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, octyl salicylate, triglyceride complex, water, d-limonene, Omega 3 Complex, 3-acetyl-7-oxo-DHEA, Green Coffee Bean Extract (50% Chlorogenic acid), Resveratrol, carbomer, Nobiletin

edit: I can afford the trial and error I have epi pens laying around the house.

did you try the benadryl

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
did you try the benadryl
Haha yeah I have large supplies of essentially every OTC antihistamine lying around due to a very bad reaction to sulfas a while back.Went into anaphylaxis, thank God I'm asthmatic or it would have made me panic haha. I would attempt in making a ketotifen mol(309 )transdermal but finding it without fumarate is a pain in the ass.

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
I also know that you make a 7-keto-DHEA transdermal, I'd assume you use BA as well.

Not to bombard you but maybe you can comment on this study stating 7-Keto Dhea actually lowers hormonal function in males, granted there is evidence for it stimulating thyroid function, this is a big kick to the balls.
:

Dehydroepiandrosterone may influence thyroid function. Its metabolite, 7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone, a precursor of immunomodulatory 7-hydroxylated metabolites and thermogenic agent, belongs to candidates of steroid replacement therapy. The question was addressed whether its application does influence laboratory parameters of thyroid function. 7-Oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone in the form of emulgel, 25 mg/day, was applied transdermally to 21 healthy men for 8 consecutive days. Morning blood was collected before the treatment (Day 0, Stage 1), during treatment (Day 5, Stage 2), on the first day after the last administration (Day 9, Stage 3), one week (Day 16, Stage 4), and 9 weeks (Day 72, Stage 5) after treatment termination. The levels of thyrotropin, free thyroxine and triiodothyronine, dehydroepiandrosterone, its sulfate and its 7-hydroxyepimers were measured. The changes were evaluated by analysis of variance and correlation analysis. During treatment a significant rise of 7beta-hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone was observed, which persisted 1 week after treatment termination. No changes were observed in dehydroepiandrosterone and its sulfate. Though a slight but significant rise of TSH and of both thyroid hormones occurred during treatment, its levels soon returned to the basal values. It was concluded that treatment of 7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone affects the thyroid parameters only temporarily and that it provides a considerable persistent amount of 7beta-hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone.

-
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15857167

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Haha yeah I have large supplies of essentially every OTC antihistamine lying around due to a very bad reaction to sulfas a while back.Went into anaphylaxis, thank God I'm asthmatic or it would have made me panic haha. I would attempt in making a ketotifen mol(309 )transdermal but finding it without fumarate is a pain in the ass.
why the hell do you want to make ketotifen into a transdermal?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I also know that you make a 7-keto-DHEA transdermal, I'd assume you use BA as well.

Not to bombard you but maybe you can comment on this study stating 7-Keto Dhea actually lowers hormonal function in males, granted there is evidence for it stimulating thyroid function, this is a big kick to the balls.
:

Dehydroepiandrosterone may influence thyroid function. Its metabolite, 7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone, a precursor of immunomodulatory 7-hydroxylated metabolites and thermogenic agent, belongs to candidates of steroid replacement therapy. The question was addressed whether its application does influence laboratory parameters of thyroid function. 7-Oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone in the form of emulgel, 25 mg/day, was applied transdermally to 21 healthy men for 8 consecutive days. Morning blood was collected before the treatment (Day 0, Stage 1), during treatment (Day 5, Stage 2), on the first day after the last administration (Day 9, Stage 3), one week (Day 16, Stage 4), and 9 weeks (Day 72, Stage 5) after treatment termination. The levels of thyrotropin, free thyroxine and triiodothyronine, dehydroepiandrosterone, its sulfate and its 7-hydroxyepimers were measured. The changes were evaluated by analysis of variance and correlation analysis. During treatment a significant rise of 7beta-hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone was observed, which persisted 1 week after treatment termination. No changes were observed in dehydroepiandrosterone and its sulfate. Though a slight but significant rise of TSH and of both thyroid hormones occurred during treatment, its levels soon returned to the basal values. It was concluded that treatment of 7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone affects the thyroid parameters only temporarily and that it provides a considerable persistent amount of 7beta-hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone.

-
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15857167

I never used benzyl alcohol in any of my topical products

i dont see what you are referring to in that abstract

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
the metabolism of 7-keto dhea may change the redox status of the liver such that it favors oxidation. that could lower the testosterone / adione ratio

Beta-AET may be expected to have the opposite effect

This is my guess, since neither of these compounds are supposed to have any sex hormone activity

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
why the hell do you want to make ketotifen into a transdermal?
To keep my ass awake during the day hahaha. Considering there is a trans dermal ketotifen fumarate for ocular treatment, I'd assume a topical would do well if applied to the skin directly. Much like a topical benadryl , although without the BA that they contain.

I never used benzyl alcohol in any of my topical products

i dont see what you are referring to in that abstract
My apologies I'm stimmed out I posted the wrong one. I wish the study would provide concrete numbers but here it is.

"Abstract

Twenty-one healthy male volunteers aged 20-70 years were given transdermally 25 mg of 7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone daily in the form of an emulgel for 8 consecutive days. Morning blood was collected as follows: before application, and after the first, fourth and eighth doses (days 0, 2, 5 and 9), and then at different time intervals after termination of the treatment (days 16, 23, 37, 51, 72 and 100). Cortisol, testosterone, epitestosterone, estradiol, dehydroepiandrosterone and its sulfate, 7alpha- and 7beta-hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone, luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone and sex hormone-binding globulin were measured in blood sera. In the course of treatment 7beta-hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone was significantly increased; testosterone and gonadotropins were lowered, but only after the first dose. All other significant changes were observed during the period after termination of the application:7beta-hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone remained increased for 28 days, 7alpha-hydroxy-dehydroepiandrosterone, testosterone, estradiol and sex hormone-binding globulin were decreased as late as day 63 and 91, respectively. On the other hand, epitestosterone was significantly increased between days 23 and 100. The levels of all other parameters studied were not significantly changed. The study points to an immediate as well as delayed effect of the short-term transdermal application of 7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone on relevant hormonal parameters.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15843221

the metabolism of 7-keto dhea may change the redox status of the liver such that it favors oxidation. that could lower the testosterone / adione ratio

Beta-AET may be expected to have the opposite effect

This is my guess, since neither of these compounds are supposed to have any sex hormone activity
Thanks

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
odd that these hormonal changes persisted so long after the gel was discontinued. i have no explanation for that

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
odd that these hormonal changes persisted so long after the gel was discontinued. i have no explanation for that
Yeah confuses the hell out of me, I wonder if a serm like toremfine or even formestane would be beneficial in a "post cycle therapy" for this. If blood work were cheap I'd trial run this haha.