Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Article: The Best Exercise for a Smaller Waist

How to train tva:

Sit up straight,
Stand tall,
Lift and breath properly. Exhale hard on muscle contraction.

Exhale hard especially hard when contracting. abdominals during core work.

The only way you contract your tva is when you exhale.
 
I quit doing and long ago. It just makes your waist larger. I use vacuum techniques while doing cardio....like holding in a vacuum state for 45 min or more. Soon your doing everything like this and engaging your abs like never before. I get less tweaks and injuries and all my lifts have increased.
 
Assuming you're lean, waist size isn't going to get smaller... It's almost as dumb as saying you're going to make your hands smaller by constantly making a fist.

In other words, your waist size is determined by your genetics (pelvis bone, anyone?).. You can work with the muscle you have there, but saying "smaller waist" is a misnomer and grossly misleading.

AM forums = good

AM articles = flacid penis
 
No, it's common knowledge to anyone who's studied anatomy and physiology to know you can shorten, or tighten up any muscle in the body just as you can stretch out, loosen them.

This is actually contraindicated for runners or other endurance athletes as they won't be able to expand their diaphragm enough to get proper oxygen intake which can impair performance.
 
Ugh..

You can't change the size of your pelvis, so assuming you're already lean, your waist isn't going to get any smaller. Morons, feel free to disagree.

The picture that I'm using in my profile was taken about 5 years ago. My physique is somewhat better than it was back then. Alas, my waist size has NEVER gotten any smaller.

But I'm obviously pretty out of shape so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.
 
Wtf does the pelvis have to do with your transverse abdominus? Completely different areas of the body. Waist and hips are different. Someone didn't pay attention or take human anatomy and physiology.

Here's a pic distinguishing the tva and pelvis


Invalid Link Removed
 
Ugh..

You can't change the size of your pelvis, so assuming you're already lean, your waist isn't going to get any smaller. Morons, feel free to disagree.

The picture that I'm using in my profile was taken about 5 years ago. My physique is somewhat better than it was back then. Alas, my waist size has NEVER gotten any smaller.

But I'm obviously pretty out of shape so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Being in shape or out of it has nothing to do with being able to pick up a book and read.
 
You can shorten, or tighten up any muscle in the body just as you can stretch out, loosen them.

.... Again, ugh. Stop presenting **** information.

Tell you what, Mr. A & P, give me a legitimate source of your information and I'll submit. I mean, you read it in a book, correct? Any legit source will do. Shouldn't take you more than 5 min using Google.... I'm going to go ahead and bet you will fail to find anything backing up your dumb ass.


I don't mind being wrong because that leads to an opportunity to learn and become correct. But not this time, sorry!
 
Invalid Link Removed
.
.


Invalid Link Removed
.
.
.
Invalid Link Removed

Stretching a muscle, because when a muscle is in a shorted position for long periods of time, it shortens and becomes tighter.

Invalid Link Removed
.
.
Invalid Link Removed
.
.

.
Invalid Link Removed
 
I read the abstracts and they don't correlate with your premise.

Your premise is that you can basically self-adjust the tightness/loosening of any muscle, which is a ridiculous statement.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20141013_163656.png
    ForumRunner_20141013_163656.png
    353.7 KB · Views: 62
Ugh..

You can't change the size of your pelvis, so assuming you're already lean, your waist isn't going to get any smaller. Morons, feel free to disagree.

The picture that I'm using in my profile was taken about 5 years ago. My physique is somewhat better than it was back then. Alas, my waist size has NEVER gotten any smaller.

But I'm obviously pretty out of shape so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.


TIL Type O Hero doesn't know where his waist is....
 
Back
Top