Article: How Anabolic Is Leucine?

This graphic at the top is misleading. If you are comparing 100g of ground beef to 100g of lentils, you aren't really comparing apples to oranges. For example, 100g of ground beef (as specified in the example) contains 14.28 grams of protein. 100g of lentils as specified, contains 24.99 grams of protein. Therefore, comparing the ratios of specific amino acids between the two is meaningless unless you account for the difference in total protein content. Just my two cents... I realize that it doesn't make any difference in the actual article content. :yup:
 
Great stuff, Anthony. I note that both of these studies were in non-exercising individuals, unless I am skimming too quickly. Also, I think leucine and the other BCAAs are of most benefit intra-workout. A nice quote from the above link by Prof DrAndro's excellent "Suppversity" blog (can't post links so search for "The Muscle Building Magic of Additional(!) Leucine"): "What Pasiakos et al. found, a +33% greater increase in post-workout muscle protein synthesis, a -13.3% decrease in whole body protein synthesis and roughly -20% less protein breakdown, speaks for the muscle building magic of the primary of the four isomeric amino acids that is so heavily advertised in supplement stores, online shops and muscle magazines, lately."
 
What exactly does "I have never sold a protein powder with or without luecine" mean? How can it be both?Or is it "I have never sold or formulated a protein powder at all"
 
Back
Top