Are supplements that activates ampk good ?

dr gisante

Awards
Are supplements that activates ampk good because it supress mTOR ?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Before answering I guess we'd need to hear your goal.

Is this a burner? ampk is a target for a few

Generally on this board suppressing mTOR is not wanted, ever lol.

Some of the general health crowd I know wants to stop almost all forms of growth because other rates (like tumour growth) tend to increase as well (if systemic)

dr gisante

Awards
so if I am bulking and train in the morning . Would it be ok to take for exampel berberine (or other ampk activators) at night ?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yes I think the window of action on these pathways are short lived.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Before your largest meal(s) that are away from your lift should be a great time

I'd save it for a cut though, overall

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Before your largest meal(s) that are away from your lift should be a great time

I'd save it for a cut though, overall
I'd do the same. It goes better with a cut.

dr gisante

Awards
so nutrition partioners arent good in a bulk ?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends, as I believe that there are some partioners that don't work through ampk. I could be wrong on that though. I'll let the smarter people chime in, on that tho.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It's become a touchy topic because many ingredients can also slow lean mass growth.

There are more "blockers" than Partitioners on the market.

GLUT-4 targeting are probably the most overall beneficial to a BB/physique guy

Stoke up the path we know leads to LBM gain and shuttling to muscle tissue.

On a cut, you'll likely have fat loss as priority and ampk may help you drop weight faster. I would not say this weight loss is favourably fat

(I don't see any partitioning edge from it, I lose the same fat/LBM ratio as I would on any cut)

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Im bulking using a nutrient partioner with berberine and also anabeta elite with forskolin. Id rather use the anabeta during the day with meals and if it so works out that I have a meal at least 4 hours after my last dose of ABE ill use the product with berberine but somedays I only have a window to use ABE as I see more benefit to that product while bulking. In the end ill just have more of the berberine product to use some other time while im fully dosing ABE every day

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
It's become a touchy topic because many ingredients can also slow lean mass growth.

There are more "blockers" than Partitioners on the market.

GLUT-4 targeting are probably the most overall beneficial to a BB/physique guy

Stoke up the path we know leads to LBM gain and shuttling to muscle tissue.

On a cut, you'll likely have fat loss as priority and ampk may help you drop weight faster. I would not say this weight loss is favourably fat

(I don't see any partitioning edge from it, I lose the same fat/LBM ratio as I would on any cut)
and why exactly would the weight loss while taking an ampk simulator not favor fat? this is in the context, that that the body prefers to burn glucose->fat->muscle (no?) it sounds like what youre saying is that it changes that preference.

although i wouldnt specifically go out of my way to take something that doesnt specifically amplify what my goal is (gaining lbm in this case), unless there were other benefits i wanted/needed to adress then, i probably wouldnt lose sleep over it as i doubt it really has that drastic of an affect in real world application (e.g, for other needs: berberine and glucose control, which is outside the spectrum of this conversation).

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Placebo being dieting without a supplement, it would not burn fat preferentially in comparison.

Order stays the same for substrate use.

In no way am I saying it changes preference, quite the opposite.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Placebo being dieting without a supplement, it would not burn fat preferentially in comparison.

For some reason I'm not understanding what your saying. Can you rephrase please?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
That substrate use order/priority will not change.

Correcting this assumption:
and why exactly would the weight loss while taking an ampk simulator not favor fat? this is in the context, that that the body prefers to burn glucose->fat->muscle (no?) it sounds like what youre saying is that it changes that preference.
As a "GDA" or "partitioner" I would not bother with this.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established

gotcha, i see where you were going with that, and to be fair i did say "it sounds like.." rather than meaning to come off argumentative.

although thats a pretty generalized statement, there is data on ampk boosters and fat loss, dont think that should be dismissed vs other alternative natural pathways that arnt all that subjectively impressive either. increased insulin sensitivity and other mechanisms are a viable argument. ampk goes beyond gdas/partitioners obviously, not that you were saying otherwise.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It could accelerate fat loss, but as I was trying to say initially that would be from overall faster weight loss.

It is a pathway a number of burners aim to hit, which is fine.

I just wouldn't consider it as valuable in a partitioner.
For me that reason is solely stemmed on it's opposing action on mTOR which I would want maxed for LBM gain

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
im not sure what your point was in reaffirming the fat vs weight aspect, what else is being dropped? people melting muscle away from taking na-r-ala? is there relevant data in a bodybuilding population where mtor/mps makers are being stimulated the majority of the day. obviously this is getting outside the spectrum of ops question, i just doubt its as big of a concern as noted by some, big picture wise for people seeking health benefits that come with many ingredients having some interaction with it.

if ampk isnt valuable as a partioner then what other popular alternative partioning options are their? agmatine..?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
^All substrates are still being used, of course.

Use it if you want weight loss.

If I wanted a GDA I would grab EvoMuse's Defuse. This would be for cutting or damage control, not partitioning.

Most of what I would consider partitioners are in natural Anabolics, not burners or GDA's.

Creatine, TMG, PA, Anacyclus Pyrethrum, FA, agmatine, Beta-agonists like Ephedrine/clen.

If it promotes LBM over fat mass in humans (by a GLUT-4 or other nutrient pathway) I would include it.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
a lot of scientifically validated ingredients that hit the glut-4 pathway to a relevant degree, also stimulate ampk. just because theres activity in a pathways does not mean its physiologically relevant. but i do get your point youre trying to make none the less.