are baked beans bad for a lean bulk

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
i guess lean bulk would be the term used for what im trying to do. ahh well i was jw if baked beans are bad for a lean look bc ive been eating a load of them lately

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Try black beans instead. Less sugar, more protein and fiber, and higher in antioxidants. I love baked beans too but it's not like black beans are disgusting by any means. Throw some tabasco and onions and chicken in there, I could eat that almost every day.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
same here minus the tabasco, not a sauce fan but sure ill go find a good brand of black beans and switch it up

UKStrength

They're not bad, but often the sauce they come in is loaded with additional sugar. I'd say keep it to a minimum and don't use it as a main source of protein by any stretch.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
i didnt even look at the protein or any nutrition facts on the cans i just love that stuff another thing i have to say i love to eat man some nights i cant sleep ill go fix me a tall glass of milk with 2 or 3 scoops of ice cream break up some oreos in that mug add a little cereal and bammm

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
i guess lean bulk would be the term used for what im trying to do. ahh well i was jw if baked beans are bad for a lean look bc ive been eating a load of them lately
beans are a source of fiber , and can make you feel fuller for longer .Gas is also associated with baked beans.
there are better sources of protein .

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
im not eating the beans for a source of protein i just like eating beans, my question was if it would effect my process ?

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure they will help you gain weight...but a larger percentage will probably be fat. I wouldn't worry about it though. If anything just do 1/2 & 1/2. Put a can of baked beans in a bowl with a can of black beans and presto. You have the best of both worlds!!!!

crush22

Awards
They're medium glycemic. And the GL isn't terrible as long as you watch the portion size. But I would only eat them at specific times of the day.

smoothballer

Awards
Black beans are much better. Especially than the ones coated in the sugary syrup. I try to keep my carbs to sweet potatoes, wheat breads, and brown rice while on a lean bulk.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure they will help you gain weight...but a larger percentage will probably be fat. I wouldn't worry about it though. If anything just do 1/2 & 1/2. Put a can of baked beans in a bowl with a can of black beans and presto. You have the best of both worlds!!!!
not quite sure how baked beans will make you fat as its mainly a source of fiber Fiber ensures everything keeps moving so that you keep regular going to the toilet.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
red kidney beans i think i have a ton of that stuff in the cabinet from a can drive i never attended. hmmmmm
how about that stocking up for my log without even realizing it, hey hey

WILL DA BEAST

WILL DA BEAST

Awards
  • Established
not quite sure how baked beans will make you fat as its mainly a source of fiber Fiber ensures everything keeps moving so that you keep regular going to the toilet.
I never said they would "make" you fat, and yes they do help with the :dump:. But since BAKED BEANS have 3-4x the sugar of REGULAR BEANS they will cause more of an insulin spike which can lead to more fat storage. In moderation they aren't bad at all, but 10bathrooms sounds like he's eating a pretty good bit. It's the same reason most of us on here eat wheat bread over white bread. Both have roughly the same amount of carbs, but white causes a larger insulin spike. Hence...we eat wheat bread and black beans :veryhappy:

dave12

Awards
  • Established
Baked beans are just Navy or Great Northern Beans with 10 lbs of bacon and brown sugar? I vote buy a bag of dried navy beans and put them in everything you eat. 1/2 cup ground turkey 1 cup of navy beans and a tablespoon of BBQ sauce wins the game. (For me anyhow)

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
yeah i am eating a good bit, maybe 4 to 5 big meals a day, thats without lieng about my meal plan and what not, but im not gaining weight so easily anymore, wich is fine because im about to run a log on a fat burning sup so i need to chill with my food intake