arachidonic acid

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
ive seen a study where they found that the group that took arachidonic acid significantly increased strength and muscle mass over the placebo group. Anyone have any input or experience/feed back about this? Sounds interesting

DennisC1986

Awards
I'm using it right now in pct. Hard to say whether strength is from that or the cycle

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
I'm using it right now in pct. Hard to say whether strength is from that or the cycle
But your strength is continuing to increase in PCT? What about pumps and soreness? Is either increased?

DennisC1986

Awards
Hard to say about the pumps but I'd say soreness definitely increased. I feel like there was a sip when I got off that my strength dropped but now two weeks I to pct seems to be going back up

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
Hard to say about the pumps but I'd say soreness definitely increased. I feel like there was a sip when I got off that my strength dropped but now two weeks I to pct seems to be going back up
Sounds good then actually, I might have to try it out. What brand do you have out of curiousity?

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I've done a few ARA runs and it is definitely worth it if you have the budget for it.
Increased Pumps
Increased Muscle Fullness
Increased DOMS
Over Average Strength Gains

MN Or SNS. Both brands use ARASYN standardized Arachidonic Acid

Alistair_

Awards
You’re putting your body in a chronic inflammatory state with AA so beware. Not worth it IMO

DennisC1986

Awards
Interesting. Could you elaborate a little bit?

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
That is the whole purpose of it though. Omega 3 reduces inflammation and omega 6 cause inflammation, but that's what you want. When you lift it causes acute inflammation to the muscle you are working. I've heard that taking omega 3 or eating foods with good healthy fats will help to reduce the inflammation in your body while still getting a somewhat localized inflammation

DennisC1986

Awards
Yeah I mean I know it causes inflammation but that's the point right?

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Put this in the supplement section and dont buy that element crap off amazon. X factor, EA, or x gels

Alistair_

Awards
Inflammation in the muscle but not your entire body. Inflammation is the F’n root of all disease

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You’re putting your body in a chronic inflammatory state with AA so beware. Not worth it IMO
There are some studies that link high levels of arachidonic acid to many diseases. I understand that people will justify the use of it and find studies to support why it may or may not be safe. I however just can’t wrap my head around ingesting large amounts of a PRO inflammatory. Better hope you don’t have an underlying disease that’s not yet symptomatic because ARA could bring it out.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
There are some studies that link high levels of arachidonic acid to many diseases. I understand that people will justify the use of it and find studies to support why it may or may not be safe. I however just can’t wrap my head around ingesting large amounts of a PRO inflammatory. Better hope you don’t have an underlying disease that’s not yet symptomatic because ARA could bring it out.
You realize just about every source of meat contains ARA, don’t you?

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You realize just about every source of meat contains ARA, don’t you?
Yes in very small amounts. Naturally occurring in foods is quite different than isolating ARA itself and consuming in large amounts. Again, I don’t know if it’s good for you or not. I really don’t. But I’ve heard of guys using it and getting crippling joint pain? I don’t like the sound of that

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Yes in very small amounts. Naturally occurring in foods is quite different than isolating ARA itself and consuming in large amounts. Again, I don’t know if it’s good for you or not. I really don’t. But I’ve heard of guys using it and getting crippling joint pain? I don’t like the sound of that
A serving of chicken is shown to contain .350 mg and salmon to contain .291 mg of ARA. Recomended BB supplementation is suggested at 1000 mg.... eat chicken 3 times a day and you have the same amount of ARA in your system as those who supplement with it....

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A serving of chicken is shown to contain .350 mg and salmon to contain .291 mg of ARA. Recomended BB supplementation is suggested at 1000 mg.... eat chicken 3 times a day and you have the same amount of ARA in your system as those who supplement with it....
My point is with people who have pre existing inflammatory conditions that remain dormant and have not yet become symptomatic. ARA could potentially bring an underlying disease to the surface. 1-1.5 grams ARA is safe for healthy people with no pre existing conditions. Also with today’s modern diet people normally consume 100-200 mg of ARA per day not 1000. Those dots before the numbers are representing a fraction of 1 mg . .350 mg is not 350 mg it is roughly 1/3 of 1 mg

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
My point is with people who have pre existing inflammatory conditions that remain dormant and have not yet become symptomatic. ARA could potentially bring an underlying disease to the surface. 1-1.5 grams ARA is safe for healthy people with no pre existing conditions. Also with today’s modern diet people normally consume 100-200 mg of ARA per day not 1000. Those dots before the numbers are representing a fraction of 1 mg . .350 mg is not 350 mg it is roughly 1/3 of 1 mg
But i do agree with what you are saying. In theory a disease that thrives off inflamation, you should stay far away from something that promotes it. Same thing could be said about NSAIDs and a disease/ heart condition that thrives off an anti inflammatory response.

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
Maybe that's the reason for cycling it? I don't know too much about it, but it doesn't seem very dangerous from the small amount of research I've done. Although, I do agree with you. I wonder how it affects joints? Bursitis per say is inflammation of the bursa so would it be increased by ara?

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive seen a study where they found that the group that took arachidonic acid significantly increased strength and muscle mass over the placebo group. Anyone have any input or experience/feed back about this? Sounds interesting
ArA has a lot of studies behind it. It is awesome for muscle fullness, pumps, and strength. I would definitely use it during PCT. SNS X-Gels would be my go to. Use it for 50 workout days, 1 gram 45 minutes pre workout. After a week, try 1.5 grams. Also, make sure you're using the necessary supplements to emulsify it; LCLT, ALCAR, or GMS.

Here is one article about it.

The primary findings of this study were that eight weeks of ARA supplementation in combination with a resistance training program lead to significantly greater increases in lean body mass, bench press strength, and muscle power output than placebo in young, strength-trained men.
https://examine.com/nutrition/erd-sneakpeek-20-arachidonic-acid/

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
ArA has a lot of studies behind it. It is awesome for muscle fullness, pumps, and strength. I would definitely use it during PCT. SNS X-Gels would be my go to. Use it for 50 workout days, 1 gram 45 minutes pre workout. After a week, try 1.5 grams. Also, make sure you're using the necessary supplements to emulsify it; LCLT, ALCAR, or GMS.

Here is one article about it.

https://examine.com/nutrition/erd-sneakpeek-20-arachidonic-acid/
I'll have to looks up those other supps, I've never heard of them. I'm thinking I'll definitely throw it in pct

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
My personal use of ARA was positive. I had a knee injury that healed quite quickly and to 100% on ARA.

With that said, I've seen many very recent articles saying ARA is crap and probably bad for you.

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
My personal use of ARA was positive. I had a knee injury that healed quite quickly and to 100% on ARA.

With that said, I've seen many very recent articles saying ARA is crap and probably bad for you.
I guess most things are bad in higher doses for prolonged periods of time. That seems to be the case for ara anyways....from what I've read. How were the pumps, doms, etc

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
I guess most things are bad in higher doses for prolonged periods of time. That seems to be the case for ara anyways....from what I've read. How were the pumps, doms, etc
Background: At the time I had a mild LCL tear from stopping too fast laterally in racquetball. I'm no doctor, but it was a grade 1 tear at minimum, possibly grade 2, there was looseness and stability failure in the knee. Can take 2-3 months to heal, I healed fully in 6 weeks. I started taking ARA a week after the injury and noticed increased tenderness in the joint! I continued lifting and DOMs were increased, so it definitely was doing something. I stopped playing but continued lifting as normal and healed after 6 weeks. Interestingly I noticed about 10% gain in my lifts during healing from an injury. I doubt the strength gain was from backing down the sports, I run a pretty consistent schedule.

Take that for what it is, there's probably a fine line between some soreness and inflammation and too much. I thought it worked, recent articles say otherwise. At the very least if you have injury, I would consider ARA.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
ARA I believe is somewhat responsible for chronic inflammation i have. i m now 50 and used ARA when in beta and a number of other times. i recommend staying the **** away from it. Use anti inflammatory natural anabolic like Folidrone 2 and or Vector.

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
ARA I believe is somewhat responsible for chronic inflammation i have. i m now 50 and used ARA when in beta and a number of other times. i recommend staying the **** away from it. Use anti inflammatory natural anabolic like Folidrone 2 and or Vector.
I was 35 at the time I had the knee injury and healed. However, I'm starting to lean towards you, that inflammation being not so good as you get older. At a certain age you probably cross over that risk-reward ratio and I'm starting to see more lasting poor effects from it.

I stand by my claim that it helped my fresh injury heal, and I'd only suggest it as a possible aide on specific injuries, not chronic. Have you ever had your TNF checked bigsmall?

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
I was 35 at the time I had the knee injury and healed. However, I'm starting to lean towards you, that inflammation being not so good as you get older. At a certain age you probably cross over that risk-reward ratio and I'm starting to see more lasting poor effects from it.

I stand by my claim that it helped my fresh injury heal, and I'd only suggest it as a possible aide on specific injuries, not chronic. Have you ever had your TNF checked bigsmall?
Can't say I have or know or have heard of TNF.

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Not advocating this site, link or trying to self diagnose, TNF-a and inflammation can be a complex issue, but here's some random food for thought.

http://www.lifeextension.com/Vitamins-Supplements/itemLC140673/Tumor-Necrosis-Factor-Blood-Test

Vitamin D was recently found to be helpful in reducing the inflammatory response and especially helpful for those with increased markers for higher TNF. It's part of a larger picture of weight-loss, diet, sleep, etc., but something to look into.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Would it be advisable to take omega 3 to counteract the negative potential side effects of ARA *heart disease, cancer, ED etc*.... the ARA guide linked in this forum says to stop taking fish oil all together while on ARA, but if u dose it properly, can you mitigate the negative while also experiencing the positives?

Also not saying the negatives are real, just saying in theory.

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
Would it be advisable to take omega 3 to counteract the negative potential side effects of ARA *heart disease, cancer, ED etc*.... the ARA guide linked in this forum says to stop taking fish oil all together while on ARA, but if u dose it properly, can you mitigate the negative while also experiencing the positives?

Also not saying the negatives are real, just saying in theory.

I have read that getting omega 3s even if it's from olive oil, peanut butter. Avacado. It can help to lower inflammation in the body while getting a localized inflammation from ara. Whether that's true and it works like that, I have no idea

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Omega 3's (reduce inflammation) cancel out Omega 6's (cause inflammation). Don't quote me on this, but there's some magic ratio of having more Omega 3's that work in tandem with Omega 6's for health purposes. Personally I think it's probably a crock so they don't scare people away from fish oil but I digress. Bottom line, you shouldn't take Omega 6's (ARA) with fish oil because of the high Omega 3 content, supposedly reduces any benefit.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Last time I ran Ara my sciatica was killing me. Could the inflammation have caused it? I don't know. So I plan on running it again to see if it turns out different next time. I think some people here tend to run this stuff at excessively hugh doses though. Next time I will stick to standard 4 pills per day.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
I mean im not afraid if taking 1g a day of this stuff because if you have two cup servings of chicken you’re already at about .6 g... so if you eat chicken 3 times a day your already at the same serving as recomended through ARS supplementation. I think the bigger concern is the prolonged use/ bodybuilding diet that promotes eating chicken and eggs non stop.