Apex alchemy ursa/epi log

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
Figured you guys would like this update a lot.

So I started going back to the gym in December, inconsistently.

Started the reverse diet or bulk or whatever you want to call it about 4-6 weeks before i ordered the apex products.

The picture on the right is December. The picture on the left was today. Keep in mind the lighting is terrible and it's frontal.

Left pic is 12lbs more than the right. Keep that in mind and check out the left pictures love handles compared to the rights.

Left is more weight Keep that in mind. Different boxers but whatever.

If anyone says ursa doesn't work they are fucking brain dead. I'm blown away. It's only been what? Like week 2 and a bit maybe with apex stuff? Fucking crazy lol I love you guys 🤣

Attachments

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
Strength is still shooting up 🤪

Been making prs every single workout lately.

Don't get me wrong I push to absolute failure every single workout and make absolutely sure I force myself to beat last week's workouts; if not by weight, by reps.

Endurance is wicked and pumps are wicked. Used to take Me a bit of sets to get a pump. Now I feel it after my warm ups 😂

Attachments

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
I'm going to do a straight shoulder day today Boyz.

Legs are still fuckered from last week. Might start doing them Sundays lol.

I'll take some before and after workout pics tonight 🤪

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
Gym bathroom lighting that's on point had a light out and pics were **** lol.

But I'll update this log and say that overhead press strength shot up. 85lbs was super light. No shoulder pain. Did 15 reps lol.

3 sets of 95lbs for 12 as well.

Db press for shoulders after overhead press I was throwing around the 60s today fairly easily too 😏

Strength keeps going. Itll be interesting to see scale weight this weekend on check in haha.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gym bathroom lighting that's on point had a light out and pics were **** lol.

But I'll update this log and say that overhead press strength shot up. 85lbs was super light. No shoulder pain. Did 15 reps lol.

3 sets of 95lbs for 12 as well.

Db press for shoulders after overhead press I was throwing around the 60s today fairly easily too 😏

Strength keeps going. Itll be interesting to see scale weight this weekend on check in haha.
Good news. When weights moving easy you know things on going in the right direction!

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
No pics today...... but enjoy my insane strength increase today out of where 🤣

Cals are the same as last week. Weight moved up 0.4lbs, which is minimal, but I'm right under the bellcurve, which is where I want to be.

Once weight drops a bit, ill add more cals in.
Screenshot_20220507-143209_FitNotes.jpg
Screenshot_20220507-143237_FitNotes.jpg

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Don't take pictures every day, you will drive yourself crazy looking for changes. Trust me lol.

If I were you I'd pick one day per week that you step on the scale and take progress pictures so that you don't micromanage day to day.

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
Don't take pictures every day, you will drive yourself crazy looking for changes. Trust me lol.

If I were you I'd pick one day per week that you step on the scale and take progress pictures so that you don't micromanage day to day.
Yea very true. Try to keep a sweater on most workouts as well lately to avoid trying to gauge progress more often lol.

I'm only weighing in on Sat morning before I eat anything.

I was initially going to cut but then I was thinking to be sub 10% bf at my current weight I'd end up being like 150lbs at 6'1" lol.

I'd look like a tard 😂

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yea very true. Try to keep a sweater on most workouts as well lately to avoid trying to gauge progress more often lol.

I'm only weighing in on Sat morning before I eat anything.

I was initially going to cut but then I was thinking to be sub 10% bf at my current weight I'd end up being like 150lbs at 6'1" lol.

I'd look like a tard 😂
I know mentally it would suck, but building muscle is way, way easier if you start a bulk very lean.

I'm normally 200-205 @5'9 and I'm cutting to 178 to make a weight class. Lost a bunch of fat and muscle too, mentally it sucks but I know my rebound bulk will be amazing cus il be starting from Probably 7-8% bf.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

When I first started using myfitness pal I use to take pictures and weigh myself everyday. Now I just step on the scale first thing in the morning but no pictures cause like you said I start to drive myself crazy by over analyzing :LOL:

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
When I first started using myfitness pal I use to take pictures and weigh myself everyday. Now I just step on the scale first thing in the morning but no pictures cause like you said I start to drive myself crazy by over analyzing :LOL:
Another thing I noticed is that when I take pictures too often... You don't make a y noticable changes day to day, but human nature is going to make you look for changes or make you think you see changes that are not there. You will take your photo on a slightly different angle, or take it a step closer to look bigger/or a step away to look smaller. You will find some way to make yourself look different.

If you really wanna know what the difference is you gotta take the same pictures in the same places preferably first thing in the morning so that you don't have different amounts of food in you or any kind of pump from working out.

Or, always take your photo in the same spot post workout. You gotta be consistent and space it out far enough to see real changes

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
Yupp dame bathroom, same spot each week. I'll make sure to count the tiles on the ground so I'm in the exact same spot 🤣

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yupp dame bathroom, same spot each week. I'll make sure to count the tiles on the ground so I'm in the exact same spot 🤣
I've got like 30-40 pictures of myself in the same pose, same spot in the bathroom, same time of day tracking the last 16+ weeks I've been dieting. If someone randomly found my phone and look through it they would find it very strange. This guy only has pictures of himself standing in the exact same spot, pictures of the food he eats and pictures of his pets.

What a fukin weirdo lol

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've got like 30-40 pictures of myself in the same pose, same spot in the bathroom, same time of day tracking the last 16+ weeks I've been dieting. If someone randomly found my phone and look through it they would find it very strange. This guy only has pictures of himself standing in the exact same spot, pictures of the food he eats and pictures of his pets.

What a fukin weirdo lol
This is why I don't let anyone touch my phone. Haha they will go to photos take a few scrolls and realize how obsessed I am with eating and lifting :LOL:

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
Alright ladies. Going to update you with progress since April 22 when I started this log.

This is the comparison for back only. As the week progresses I'll add in the progress for various muscle groups.

Back day (currently twice a week);

April 22;
Hammer grip pulldowns - 70x15, 100x11, 115x8, 115x7
Cable Rows Hammer grip - 105x12, 115x10, 115x10, 115x9
Chest Supported Cable pull down (lower lat focused - 1 arm) - 60x12, 80x12, 90x12, 100x9
Cable pullovers - 50x15, 60x12, 60x12, 60x12

May 9;
Hammer grip pulldowns - 100x15, 130x12, 130x9, 130x9, 130x8
Cable Rows Hammer grip - 85x15, 130x10, 130x12, 145x8, 145x8
Chest Supported Cable pull down (lower lat focused - 1 arm) - 80x12, 110x12, 120x10, 120x10
Cable pullovers - 60x15, 70x15, 80x10, 80x10

Clearly strength is shooting up (keep in mind I'm about 400 cals above maintenance through this every week)

The most noticeable thing for me for ursa and epi is the endurance. I don't get tired at the gym lol. I'm generally soaked which I say is the ursa because I don't sweat much unless legs lol.

It's going good boys

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
Got an email saying more epichaos and good old hyperion is out for delivery today 😁

I will log the hyperion+epi for you dudes but in a different log. (I'll be doing epi/hyperion for 8 weeks and see what happens)

Only have about 1 week left of the current epi/ursa I started with this log because I wanted to feel it out haha.

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
Chest day;

April 22;
Bench press - 95x15, 135x12, 150x8, 150x6 150x6
Incline db press (after bench) - 45x12, 50x12, 60x8, 60x8
Cable Flys (high to low) - 12.5x15, 17.5x15, 22.5x12, 22.5x12
Flat db press - 45x12, 55x12, 60x8, 60x8

May 10;
Bench press - 95x15, 135x12, 155x8, 155x8, 155x7
Incline db press (after bench) - 45x12, 60x12, 70x8, 70x8, 70x8
Cable Flys (high to low) - 17.5x12, 22.5x12, 27.5x13, 27.5x12, 27.5x10
Flat db press - 45x12, 60x12, 65x8, 65x8

Strength has been good for this log. Everything on the rise. Real test will be this weekend. I'll take full body measurements and post weight change from April 22 to finish up the log 😁

Also apex showed up today!

Attachments

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
Sorry boys had to do some running around picking up some parts for my racecar after the gym last night lol.

April 22 shoulders (shoulder was still bugging me here);

Overhead press 45x15, 55x12, 65x12, 65x10

Db press 40x12, 45x12, 50x8, 50x8

Cable side raises (wrist height) 5x15, 10x12, 15x8, 15x8

Rear cable delt Flys 2.5x15, 2.5x15, 2.5x15, 2.5x15

Side raises db (Incline bench) 10x15, 12x15, 15x8, 15x8

May 11 shoulders;

Overhead press 65x12, 95x10, 95x10, 95x9, 95x8

Db press 45x12, 55x12, 55x10, 55x9

Cable side raises (wrist height) 10x15, 15x12, 20x10, 20x10

Rear cable delt Flys 2.5x20, 5x20, 5x15, 5x15

Side raises db (Incline bench) 10x20, 12x15, 15x12, 20x12

I've made some good strength gains for this log 😁

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
Itll be interesting to see what the scale says this weekend boys.

Beginning of the log to now. Pics are a bit different it terms of the pose but it's similar enough to see the change.

Left pic was the beginning before starting ursa/epi. Right pics last night.

Left pic is after arms. Right pic is only after doing shoulders and nothing else.

More vascular on the right than the left and if all went according to plan this log, I should be up weight without much of any fat gain.

Attachments

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
dude your getting jacked !

nice changes~
au naturel 🤪

For now lol.

Been busting my ass for this log. Didn't want to be that dude that grabbed some sups and did a half ass plan and did the typical "**** doesn't work"

**** only works along side the effort you put in lol. Wish more people understood that.

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
Arm log (weekends busy as **** so had to swap my days around this week lol)

April 22;

Barbell curls (weight without bar) - 20x12, 40x9, 40x9, 40x7
Jm tricep press - 20x15, 30x15, 40x12, 40x10, 40x10
Cable preachers - 50x12, 80x12, 90x8, 90x9
Tricep cable extensions - 60x15, 80x12, 90x8, 90x8
Db cross body hammers - 15x15, 20x12, 20x12, 20x10
Tricep extensions cables (hard to explain but like an x pattern ext.) 2.5x12, 5x12, 5x12

May 13;
Barbell curls (Weight without bar) - 20x12, 40x12, 50x9, 50x9, 50x8
Jm press - 20x20, 50x15, 70x15, 80x10, 90x10
Cable preachers - 60x15, 100x9, 100x9, 100x8
Tricep cable ext - 70x15, 100x12, 110x10, 110x10
Cross body hammers - 20x15, 25x15, 30x10, 30x8
Tricep extensions cables (hard to explain but like an x pattern ext.) - 7.5x15, 12.5x12, 12.5x12

I won't be able to log legs until Sunday, but officially done the epi and ursa! Now on to hyperion and ursa. (I'll make a new log next workout for ya guys)

I'll grab some measurements tomorrow, weight tomorrow, and let everyone know how it went stacking ursa with epi and the difference in measurements while being on a calorie surplus 🤪

If all went well and as I think it did; ursa should have kept me from gaining much fat at all and the epi helped me substantially at the gym With endurance and pumps.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
looking forward to your next cycle.. i just finished up two months of Ursa- Hyperion stacked. its vury nice... but yeah Epichaos is fricken nutz
have you got to try our Triton with Ursa yet? Its a shocker.

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
looking forward to your next cycle.. i just finished up two months of Ursa- Hyperion stacked. its vury nice... but yeah Epichaos is fricken nutz
have you got to try our Triton with Ursa yet? Its a shocker.
Haha not yet but I plan to try it all lmao 🤣 at some point or another.

Maybe I'll do a ph stack and add in some apex too after My sisters wedding on May 28th.

Already got the suits rented and I'm up 13 lbs since the day I got fitted so if I start doing something crazy now it'll be bad 😅

I want to at least break the 200s before I do a cut. Bf isn't really a worry right now lol. Lost too much muscle size due to injuries. It's gotta come back first lol.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lost too much muscle size due to injuries
This seems like it always happens to me to. I'll get on a good run and then get an injury and lose all of what I worked up to :(

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
178.4lbs to 185.2lbs
April 22 - may 14 (today)

I'll take measurements Sunday, at the girls all weekend and forgot the tape measure 🤦‍♂️

Measurements will show the real progress.

Barbell curl volume lifted up 780lbs
Jm press volume lifted up 1870lbs

Overhead shoulder press volume lifted up 1680lbs

Hammer grip cable Rows volume lifted up 1660lbs

Incline db press volume lifted up 840lbs

Too lazy to do all the calculations but you can clearly see that I've made some progress 😏

Attachments

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
Alright guys. Time to wrap up this log.

Measurements are in the pics.

So I've been able to put on 6.8lbs in 4 weeks.

Macros constantly around 400 over maintenance. Increased each time weight halted.

All the lifts went up, all the volume went up.

Epichaos really shined in terms of pumps and endurance. Felt like I could do sets forever and the pumps were nuts. I felt pumped after doing one set of whatever. Legs was the craziest. Legs got so pumped it was hard to finish my workouts.

Ursa major - my body temperature is really warm most of the time; however that being said, my body was so warm to the touch constantly for the last 4 weeks. I also was soaked after my workouts and sweat a lot more during the day.

All in all, when I do my cut in a couple months, ursa is being added in as a staple.

Thanks for making awesome products guys.

Attachments

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice final review and sounds like you got what you wanted out of it!

Jessebr0wn

Jessebr0wn

Awards
Nice final review and sounds like you got what you wanted out of it!
Yes sir shits fantastic. Even with the hips up 1", that could just be extra water holding due to increased carbs. My size 32" pants/shorts still fit fine even after being up almost 7lbs so haha.

I'll start a log of epichaos and hyperion shortly. Started that 2 days ago lol.

Then after my sisters wedding probably a ph cycle. That should technically get me to enough weight to start to slim out 😆