Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sunday, October 4, 2020

Weight - 200.8

Happy birthday to me, this starts my 32nd year on the earth.

Weight was down 1.8 pounds from the previous week, which explains the increase in hunger. I can't believe how quickly that kicked in. I am going to increase calories by 75 cals each day. I will re-assess from there.

Training

Squat
410x3
365x5,5,5

Hack Squat
230x10 (+10 lbs from last week, same reps)
90x13 (+20 lbs and +3 reps)

Seated Leg Curl
11x11 (+1 plate)
7x11

Lying Leg Curl
8x10 (+2 plates)
5x10

Leg Extension
12x10 (+1 plate)
10x10
7x10

Cybex Leg Press
270x15,13,12

Standing Calf
10x9,8,8

Seated Calf
180x10,9,8

*The seated leg curl, lying leg curl, and leg extension machines at my gym are pin loaded, and the plated are numbered 1-20. I do not know the weight of each weight.

Nutrition

Cals - 4,200
Carbs - 512

Fiber - 40
Protein - 310
Fat - 94

Sat - 25
Poly - 10
Mono - 26

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Happy birthday Ant. Great job on getting in that birthday workout!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys. The wife and I decided to go out next Sunday to celebrate since we both have the Monday after work. Cheat meal will be after leg day next week!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday, October 5, 2020

Great training session and the weights felt pretty light. My program called for a top set of 5 reps on the standing military press. I hate when I can make the weights a nice even amount (25 pound plate instead of 2 10s and a 2.5) so I decided to go up to 185 instead. Because the program works on percentages, this can sometimes be demanding, but it wasn't. I felt like I had another 2, maybe 3 reps in the tank. On the back down sets of 160, I felt like I could have gotten 8-10 reps. After my third exercise, my shoulders were beyond pump. While walking around work today with my lunch bag in my hand, my shoulder was cramping up and I had to switch hands.

While I was warming up yesterday, I had two people behind me. They came up to me and said they could almost every muscle through my shirt. This was while I was doing band pull aparts.

Training

Standing Military Press
185X5
160X6,6,6
(no leg drive)

Seated Side Raise Machine
132X10 (+12 lbs)
108X10,11
(rest pause on the last set with forced reps)

Reverse Pec Deck
144x13 (+12 lbs and 1 rep)
120x10
108x10
(rest pause on the last set with forced reps, the 12 does not include the rest pause)

Hammerstrength Shoulder Press
200x8 (+20 lbs)
75x9 (forced reps and then drop set after the initial 9)

Cable Side Lateral Raise
12.5x12
10.5x13

Reverse Dumbbell Fly
20x10,9,10 (swings after 10 until failure)

Nutrition

Cals - 3,950
Carbs - 383

Fiber - 40
Protein - 334
Fat - 110

Sat - 29
Poly - 7
Mono - 22

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Logs looking great. I tried the old dien diol on a recomp and liked it, been eyeballing the new dienolone for another recomp type run post hunting season and pre honeymoon. Curious what you would have chosen or what anyone else would recommend as a base if not on test?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Very good arm workout. I really focused on getting one hard set per exercise versus straight sets. This is the first time I have done that for arms. My triceps are not overly sore today, which is good. usually they are sore right up til Friday, which makes me think they are not completely recovered for my chest session. I know I worked them, but they feel a little less demolished and more stimulated.

I am off from the gym today, I have an adjustment and massage lined up after work!

Training

Cable Rope Pressdown
32.5x13 (+5 lbs)
27.5x12,12

Straight Bar Pressdown
57.5x12 (+10 lbs)
52.5x12,12

Reverse Single Arm Cable Pressdown
15.5x12 (+3 lbs)
10.5x12,12

Incline Skull Crusher
60x11
20x10,10
(weight does not include bar, only plates and I go behind my head, not to the forehead)

Smith Close Grip Bench Press
180x9 (+40 lbs)
140x13
(Haven't done these in a long time, weight does not include the bar)

Barbell Curl
50x12 (+3 reps)
40x10,10

Incline DB Hammer Curl
30x8 (+10 lbs, I will drop down to 25 next week)
20x8,8

Hammerstrength Preacher Curl
45x9 (+1 rep)
35x9,10

Nutrition

Cals - 3,950
Carbs - 386

Fiber - 40
Protein - 341
Fat - 107

Sat - 26
Poly - 7
Mono - 19

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for not posting for a long time. Last Thursday and Friday, I was going to make that post on Saturday, but I had zero energy.

On Sunday, I was hospitalized. If you look back to the first post of the log, I stated how I felt myself wheezing during squats. This was going on throughout the whole cycle. This past Sunday, I had 495 on the bar and I blacked out. When I woke up, I was coughing up blood. It seems like the wheezing was blood in my lungs as I was training, which explains why I could not breathe while training the past few weeks.

With getting into too much detail, I am going to resume training on Sunday, but a very modified version since it will take time for my body to absorb to blood left in the lungs and since my right lung collapsed during a procedure. With that in mind, it makes zero sense to continue use, however, I am going to grab two bottles from the BOGO sale and once my training is back to where it was, I am going to continue to log.

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Sorry for not posting for a long time. Last Thursday and Friday, I was going to make that post on Saturday, but I had zero energy.

On Sunday, I was hospitalized. If you look back to the first post of the log, I stated how I felt myself wheezing during squats. This was going on throughout the whole cycle. This past Sunday, I had 495 on the bar and I blacked out. When I woke up, I was coughing up blood. It seems like the wheezing was blood in my lungs as I was training, which explains why I could not breathe while training the past few weeks.

With getting into too much detail, I am going to resume training on Sunday, but a very modified version since it will take time for my body to absorb to blood left in the lungs and since my right lung collapsed during a procedure. With that in mind, it makes zero sense to continue use, however, I am going to grab two bottles from the BOGO sale and once my training is back to where it was, I am going to continue to log.
I am extremely sorry that this happened to you my friend. I hope you get better very very soon.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Focus on healing, brother.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone. My lungs feel better today, but I know if I go and squat heavy, I will probably be back a square one. Maybe next week I'll start light and then re-continue the log a week or two after that. Made my purchase, I cannot wait to continue to log. Even with feeling crappy, I was seeing progress for sure.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks everyone. My lungs feel better today, but I know if I go and squat heavy, I will probably be back a square one. Maybe next week I'll start light and then re-continue the log a week or two after that. Made my purchase, I cannot wait to continue to log. Even with feeling crappy, I was seeing progress for sure.

Glad you are recovering and alright. You can make gains with lighter weight! And then come out stronger for it when you refocus on strength.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Holy ish dude, heal up. We're all rooting for ya!