Apex Alchemy “Helios Plus” beta log (Sponsored)

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not a whole lot to report in here except that this stuff is still kicking a$$. My knees haven’t felt this good since before my Army days, and inflammation seems to be at an all time low. Not sure if I mentioned it or not, but I slam quite a bit of curcumin daily. Some is in my dedicated joint support and some in my multi. I started adding regular Helios to the mix several months ago, but used it as more of a spot treatment for my knees. As @Hyde said above, the positive reaction is undeniable. Helios Plus takes it to a whole new level (apologies for the overused “whole new level” comment, but it’s very fitting here).

On a related note, my wife stole a couple milliliters from the first bottle and used it on her legs where she has terrible circulation. She noted that it seemed to help a little, so I’m going to share the remaining supply with her and have her use it daily to see if it indeed helps. I don’t think Nos or any of the folks who rep for Apex have ever said anything related to Helios and circulation, but I think there might be something there. So, I’m going a little rogue with the log and including my wife’s observations from here until we’re out.
Nice! I just started mine last night (non-plus version) and concentrated the application on my left shoulder. It was feeling just fine before so there wasn’t anything acute to notice for me. I’m just hoping this will get my shoulder up from 90% to 100% in less time in terms of some minor tweaks at this point when doing certain lifts.

The last time I tried an oral curcumin product it was called Qunol, which uses some sort of advanced absorption technology- supposedly. Very unfortunately for everyone in my household, I had the runs (blowouts honestly) for many many months. I decided to cut out that supplement and have been fine ever since. I have been hesitant to buy any oral curcumin extract though since, so this was right up my alley and should be more effective!

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice! I just started mine last night (non-plus version) and concentrated the application on my left shoulder. It was feeling just fine before so there wasn’t anything acute to notice for me. I’m just hoping this will get my shoulder up from 90% to 100% in less time in terms of some minor tweaks at this point when doing certain lifts.

The last time I tried an oral curcumin product it was called Qunol, which uses some sort of advanced absorption technology- supposedly. Very unfortunately for everyone in my household, I had the runs (blowouts honestly) for many many months. I decided to cut out that supplement and have been fine ever since. I have been hesitant to buy any oral curcumin extract though since, so this was right up my alley and should be more effective!
Hmmm, I have very temperamental guts and haven’t had any issues with oral or TD curcumin. Coincidentally, I happen to use that same company’s (Qunol) CoQ10 which also doesn’t mess me up. Although I’m not sure if it has the same advanced absorption jazz going on. Either way, hope the TD treats you well because it’s very effective.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update for the missus:

No surprise, she absolutely loves this product. It seems to be helping a little with circulation in her legs, which is what I expected, and there has been a noticeable reduction in inflammation in her knees as well. Her only “complaint” is she wishes the menthol would stick around all day, but I don’t think that’s possible. I told her to try spacing out applications to introduce the cooling effect throughout the day, but that’s kind of difficult with TDs. Either way, it’s a win for her so far and I’m betting it’ll get even better with continued use, as this was my experience.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
excellent! does she have issues with her knees or do they just feel better overall? I ask because I see this happening with other users where they all the sudden realize hey Im not hurting there all the sudden~

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
excellent! does she have issues with her knees or do they just feel better overall? I ask because I see this happening with other users where they all the sudden realize hey Im not hurting there all the sudden~
She doesn’t have issues with her knees but has noted inflammation recently, which seems to have ceased with Helios. Her joints aren’t as fvcked up as some of us on here lol. I keep telling her to trade with me since she has no desire to squat.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds like I need to give Helios a try !

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another odd update / log close out

I had my surgery consultation the other day and am now just waiting on the VA to approve everything. So surgery will be next year sometime (not really, but it won’t be next week). Ok, so my lack of human physiology is really going to shine here, but the surgeon noticed a cyst on my bicep tendon near the attachment by my ac joint after studying the MRI results more in depth. I’m sure that was mostly hot nonsense, but it’s something like that. Anyway, he might need to relocate the bicep attachment, which would place it lower to avoid having to pass through the ac joint, while also removing the cyst. If this needs to be done, recovery will be around three months instead of four weeks. This is the part that the VA has to approve in case it needs to happen. So who knows when they’ll get it all squared away. I may or may not document recovery in a log, but am considering it as my injury is fairly common in the weight lifting community (Distal Clavicle Osteolysis) and I’ll be throwing a ton at it to help recovery be as smooth as I can.

I’ve said it a bunch, but I swear this would all be significantly more painful/annoying if I wasn’t slamming curcumin all day. I’m taking plenty of other things, but nothing has taken the edge off as well as Helios. More so with Plus. I’ve been blown away by this product since my first application. It’s official, I’m a crack whore for this sh!t. My wife is hooked too (I won’t call her a crack whore though) and looks forward to her daily applications.

Anyway, when this hits the market I won’t apologize for buying ten bottles and potentially taking someone else’s purchase abilities away. That said, if it’s sold out by the time I get there I’ll pay someone extra for a couple bottles haha. It has been a tremendous help and I know it will play a pivotal role in recovery. @nostrum420 am I correct in assuming this is going into full production at some point?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Another odd update / log close out

I had my surgery consultation the other day and am now just waiting on the VA to approve everything. So surgery will be next year sometime (not really, but it won’t be next week). Ok, so my lack of human physiology is really going to shine here, but the surgeon noticed a cyst on my bicep tendon near the attachment by my ac joint after studying the MRI results more in depth. I’m sure that was mostly hot nonsense, but it’s something like that. Anyway, he might need to relocate the bicep attachment, which would place it lower to avoid having to pass through the ac joint, while also removing the cyst. If this needs to be done, recovery will be around three months instead of four weeks. This is the part that the VA has to approve in case it needs to happen. So who knows when they’ll get it all squared away. I may or may not document recovery in a log, but am considering it as my injury is fairly common in the weight lifting community (Distal Clavicle Osteolysis) and I’ll be throwing a ton at it to help recovery be as smooth as I can.

I’ve said it a bunch, but I swear this would all be significantly more painful/annoying if I wasn’t slamming curcumin all day. I’m taking plenty of other things, but nothing has taken the edge off as well as Helios. More so with Plus. I’ve been blown away by this product since my first application. It’s official, I’m a crack whore for this sh!t. My wife is hooked too (I won’t call her a crack whore though) and looks forward to her daily applications.

Anyway, when this hits the market I won’t apologize for buying ten bottles and potentially taking someone else’s purchase abilities away. That said, if it’s sold out by the time I get there I’ll pay someone extra for a couple bottles haha. It has been a tremendous help and I know it will play a pivotal role in recovery. @nostrum420 am I correct in assuming this is going into full production at some point?
Umm, yeah, I think it's probably worthwhile. I am going to come up with a more clever name than "Helios Plus" though... Maybe Stratos... Maybe something else, lol...

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Umm, yeah, I think it's probably worthwhile. I am going to come up with a more clever name than "Helios Plus" though... Maybe Stratos... Maybe something else, lol...
Hell ya man, it’s friggin awesome and anyone with soreness (everyone posting here) will benefit from its use. How about Dynamos since it helps promote dynamism (great energy, force, or power).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Remember to come off curcumin and anything else that thins the blood like fish oil (and gear) before the surgery. I had my distal bicep tendon reattached at my elbow after I tore it off. About 11 weeks before I began light lifting with it after a lot of rehab work daily, 4-5x a day. You just have to be cautious with the repair for a while post op to make sure the anchor stays attached while it grows back onto the bone.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Remember to come off curcumin and anything else that thins the blood like fish oil (and gear) before the surgery. I had my distal bicep tendon reattached at my elbow after I tore it off. About 11 weeks before I began light lifting with it after a lot of rehab work daily, 4-5x a day. You just have to be cautious with the repair for a while post op to make sure the anchor stays attached while it grows back onto the bone.
Appreciate the reminder regarding blood thinning compounds. Like most folks on here I take plenty of things that serve more than one purpose, making it easy to forget other effects sometimes. I’m honestly good with the relocation as it’ll potentially save it from similar issues in the future. That recovery doesn’t sound too bad either, relatively speaking. I’d be good with any type of movement/training with it to be honest as right now it’s all pretty pointless.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wishing you a full, speedy recovery