Apex Alchemy “Helios Plus” beta log (Sponsored)

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello all! As some of you are aware, Apex has a thread going on in their sub forum where they’re asking the group for suggestions regarding supplement ideas. I suggested adding some things to Helios in an effort to make it a dedicated joint supp, which happened to be the same day @nostrum420 was working on doing just that. So, he offered to let me run a couple beta bottles when they were ready. I received two bottles of Helios Plus this afternoon 🤘🤘. As far as I know, @ZOO is the only other person testing these babies out, but someone let me know if anyone else is running this and maybe tag them so we can all compare results.

A big, big thank you to Nos and the folks at Apex (@Renew1 and @xR1pp3Rx) for letting me test these. I’m definitely excited to start this.

A little back story for those who haven’t heard me complain: I’m dealing with a lingering shoulder issue that forced me to cut my last log short (was an Apex Dienogen log). My left AC is pretty butt hurt and my left rotator has some tendinosis. It’s been tough reducing inflammation in the area, even with Voltaren and a steroid shot from the doc. I’ve also had 5 knee surgeries over the years and have pretty bad arthritis on both sides. Due to not being able to train my upper body, I’ve been throttling my legs. This has really pissed off my knees of course, but Helios has been a great addition to the joint support supps I take daily. With that in mind, I am going to substitute Helios with Helios Plus, applying once at night (1 ml) before I hit the sack. I’ll probably get froggy and swap out my dedicated joint supp at some point, but I want to keep things normal to better assess the benefits of Helios Plus. At least for a couple weeks. I’ll update the log a few days per week, but probably won’t provide full workout details since this isn’t a direct performance enhancing supplement. Unless some people want that, but it’s not very exciting at the moment anyway.

But, all are welcome to follow and throw out suggestions for optimizing this trial, and I’ll try my best to accommodate all suggestions.
826B29BF-AD5D-48F3-A80A-E8899EA75EE3.jpeg

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
TLDR:

When it comes out, buy it!

Ok but seriously this is a great product. I knew it was going to be one of those special (to me anyway) products after the first application. The cooling sensation from the added menthol is very nice. Inflammation was at an all time low after about a week of continued use, and I swear it helped me with the injured shoulder. It most certainly won’t fix everyone’s boo boos, but I’m willing to bet it’ll at least take the edge off. This will be added as a staple for me when released.

Last edited:
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm In !

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So this is a "suped up" version of helios?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
First Impressions

I applied 1ml last night before bed. I put 0.5ml on my injured shoulder, and 0.25ml on each knee. This has a different smell compared to other Apex products. Instead of the normal aromatherapy scent, this smells kind of like carrots at first. It’s not stinky, it’s kind of relaxing actually. After a minute or so, the smell transitioned to menthol (one of the added ingredients in Helios Plus). This, I thought, smelled very good and was even more relaxing.

The consistency of Helios Plus is the same as other Apex products. Slight oil, like essential oils, that dissipates within a couple minutes.

As far as results are concerned, I think it was pretty immediate. Shortly after application when the menthol set in, the application sites became very cool and tingly. The menthol sensations lasted at least a half hour (which is the bare minimum time between me getting in bed and falling asleep). This was probably the most relaxed I’ve been in a while. It was just very soothing I guess. Perhaps this was due to one of the other additions that I’ll let Nos divulge when he decides it’s appropriate. Anyway, very impressive after just one application.

Last edited:
Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
This sounds wonderful…..
So far, it very much is wonderful. I hit my knees with a little this afternoon just for sh!ts and giggles. It’s so damn soothing. The menthol adds a different level of pain and inflammation relief.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’m a couple days into swapping out OG Helios for the plus version, and it’s been very nice. All the benefits of curcumin with the added bonus of menthol and the other extras. I’ve found myself applying a little extra throughout the day to places that are taking an added beating, and this seems to really take the edge off of inflammation. I think I see where @nostrum420 is going with this (you brilliant man, you) and I think he nailed it. Really liking it so far.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad it is working well for you!

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’m trying very hard not to blow this up, but hot damn this stuff is great. I’ve been applying at least 2ml per day, but that’s mostly due to the shoulder. I think I’d probably stick with 1ml daily as that’s pretty decent for regular aches and pains, and will likely drop down to that when my shoulder is better.

Regular Helios has a little better efficacy for spot pain/inflammation reduction (for me), but Helios Plus is proving to be very effective for spot treatment. Knees feel better and shoulder feels way better. The only thing I’ve changed to help my shoulder has been this product, and I’ve been able to hit some band work the past couple of days. So there’s already some improvement 👍

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Freakin knees and shoulders…they’re a PIA!

Glad it’s working well. I need to get on the stick and get mine!
They certainly are man. I’d give almost anything for fresh joints. I look back at all the stupid sh!t I did to my body when I was young and wish I could slap the hell out of that kid. Seeing how many hay bails I could jump off of before it hurt, dumb stunts on bikes and skateboards, sports that I hated to begin with, jumping out of helicopters in the Army (ok, I’d still do that), and countless hikes that inevitably resulted in me falling down and busting up my knees. My dad warned me, with his knee replacements and whatnot. I don’t have many regrets, but I do wish I had not been so rough on my joints.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They certainly are man. I’d give almost anything for fresh joints. I look back at all the stupid sh!t I did to my body when I was young and wish I could slap the hell out of that kid. Seeing how many hay bails I could jump off of before it hurt, dumb stunts on bikes and skateboards, sports that I hated to begin with, jumping out of helicopters in the Army (ok, I’d still do that), and countless hikes that inevitably resulted in me falling down and busting up my knees. My dad warned me, with his knee replacements and whatnot. I don’t have many regrets, but I do wish I had not been so rough on my joints.
Well at least yours went down in the blaze of glory! I hurt my shoulder pulling a sheet at work, and my knee by simply warming up the other day on the leg press. Drinking was my sport in high school, so no regrets there..

I actually have a surgery consult scheduled for November 2022. The plan is to permanently remove both my knees and shoulders….even the good ones. I can’t even get in for my consult for 16 months because of how popular the procedures is becoming. Everybody’s doing it,..

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My Knee's and Shoulders are all messed up also.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
My Knee's and Shoulders are all messed up also.
I think it’s just something that’s inevitable, but some have to deal with it earlier than others. For me, it’s no surprise as both my folks have arthritis and garbage joints.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, an odd update I suppose, but I had a follow up appointment with my orthopedic doc this morning. Looks like I’m going to need surgery on the shoulder. Not a big deal but it’s become more arthritic and new X-rays found some calcifications in my rotator. The plan is to scope it and remove the end of my clavicle and another bone that is contacting my rotator too much. Doc is going to pick out the calcifications while he’s in there as well, and poke around the rotator to see if they missed a tear. Expected recovery for this procedure is a whopping 4 weeks, then I should be able to return to bands and build up to weights. No date for surgery yet, but the 4 week recovery sounds awesome.

Doc asked how the pain was and I was honest, saying it really isn’t bad. I told him that I dumped Voltaren and started using Helios Plus, and also provided the ingredient profile. He said that since it’s helping with pain and inflammation this much that I should continue use, which I would have anyway. He also agreed that the profile is excellent for this application.

The takeaway here @nostrum420, is that your product is now doctor recommended. This means we all need more lol.

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So, an odd update I suppose, but I had a follow up appointment with my orthopedic doc this morning. Looks like I’m going to need surgery on the shoulder. Not a big deal but it’s become more arthritic and new X-rays found some calcifications in my rotator. The plan is to scope it and remove the end of my clavicle and another bone that is contacting my rotator too much. Doc is going to pick out the calcifications while he’s in there as well, and poke around the rotator to see if they missed a tear. Expected recovery for this procedure is a whopping 4 weeks, then I should be able to return to bands and build up to weights. No date for surgery yet, but the 4 week recovery sounds awesome.

Doc asked how the pain was and I was honest, saying it really isn’t bad. I told him that I dumped Voltaren and started using Helios Plus, and also provided the ingredient profile. He said that since it’s helping with pain and inflammation this much that I should continue use, which I would have anyway. He also agreed that the profile is excellent for this application.

The takeaway here @nostrum420, is that your product is now doctor recommended. This means we all need more lol.
Surgery at least provides a solution so I’d take that as a win.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well at least yours went down in the blaze of glory! I hurt my shoulder pulling a sheet at work, and my knee by simply warming up the other day on the leg press. Drinking was my sport in high school, so no regrets there..

I actually have a surgery consult scheduled for November 2022. The plan is to permanently remove both my knees and shoulders….even the good ones. I can’t even get in for my consult for 16 months because of how popular the procedures is becoming. Everybody’s doing it,..
Even the good ones?

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK…that’s it! Which one of these people told you I can do that?
I was really confused for a bit here, but then I noticed the comment you posted about removing all your joints haha. Totally missed it for some reason. I’ve been getting intermittent notifications lately. Maybe it’s a sign that I’m posting too much.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is the plus version for sale yet?

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, so I’m done with the first bottle and 1ml into the second. I blazed through the first one pretty fast, using 3ml daily after the first couple days. Kind of abusing this like a crack whore abuses a d!ck for a fix, but it just feels so damn good on my joints. I’m going to drop to 2ml daily for the second bottle to make it last as long as possible; just going to do 1ml in the morning and 1 before bed to take the edge off the shoulder issues.

I wasn’t sure how this would work on the injured shoulder, but it’s been surprisingly awesome. It seems to take a little tightness away and helps reduce that grindy feeling of bone on bone action. I’m not bone on bone there, but it feels that way. Helios Plus has definitely reduced that feeling. When this product is released, I’m stocking up. Hoping it’ll be around for my post-op as I think it’ll be a huge help with recovery.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok, so I’m done with the first bottle and 1ml into the second. I blazed through the first one pretty fast, using 3ml daily after the first couple days. Kind of abusing this like a crack whore abuses a d!ck for a fix, but it just feels so damn good on my joints. I’m going to drop to 2ml daily for the second bottle to make it last as long as possible; just going to do 1ml in the morning and 1 before bed to take the edge off the shoulder issues.

I wasn’t sure how this would work on the injured shoulder, but it’s been surprisingly awesome. It seems to take a little tightness away and helps reduce that grindy feeling of bone on bone action. I’m not bone on bone there, but it feels that way. Helios Plus has definitely reduced that feeling. When this product is released, I’m stocking up. Hoping it’ll be around for my post-op as I think it’ll be a huge help with recovery.
That’s great!

I like the dirty talk too! I respond well to that..

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What are the Ingredient extras in this product ?

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
What are the Ingredient extras in this product ?
It has the regular curcumin plus menthol, myrcene, and a 4th that Nos hasn’t mentioned in any posts yet. I don’t want to steal his thunder so I’ll leave it to him to list the last one. The combo seems very effective, but the menthol is really making it shine as a spot pain/inflammation reducer for me.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds like my knee would enjoy some of this!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like my knee would enjoy some of this!
I definitely intend to grab some for spot treatment for knees, elbows, etc when they growl! That’s how I use Helios now. I use a Curcumin-based pill product daily because I really don’t like messing with transdermals routinely, and I still take the effort to apply Helios as needed to my knees because it makes an undeniable difference when extra relief is necessary.

Scott Mendelson (the greatest 308lb benchpresser ever, raw or geared) showed me the staining yellow curcumin homemade transdermal he uses for joint inflammation several years ago - Apex making Helios available affordably and so clean for everyone is just awesome.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not a whole lot to report in here except that this stuff is still kicking a$$. My knees haven’t felt this good since before my Army days, and inflammation seems to be at an all time low. Not sure if I mentioned it or not, but I slam quite a bit of curcumin daily. Some is in my dedicated joint support and some in my multi. I started adding regular Helios to the mix several months ago, but used it as more of a spot treatment for my knees. As @Hyde said above, the positive reaction is undeniable. Helios Plus takes it to a whole new level (apologies for the overused “whole new level” comment, but it’s very fitting here).

On a related note, my wife stole a couple milliliters from the first bottle and used it on her legs where she has terrible circulation. She noted that it seemed to help a little, so I’m going to share the remaining supply with her and have her use it daily to see if it indeed helps. I don’t think Nos or any of the folks who rep for Apex have ever said anything related to Helios and circulation, but I think there might be something there. So, I’m going a little rogue with the log and including my wife’s observations from here until we’re out.