anyong gettng xbox 360?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
No.... Windows will not be F'd in the A. I work in IT and this is one thing I know.

Linux only has a small small percentage on the server market. Desktop... they don't even show up as a blip on the radar.
I dont know why people are so out to hate on Microsoft. For how big of an endeavor creating an OS that can run well on the myriad of different PC configurations is they do a pretty good job.

I work in IT as well, and while I have my gripes I think XP Pro is a nice OS, and it definitely keeps improving with each release.

BV

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm buying one. I have a female friend that works at Best Buy and she will use her store discount to buy me one. :) {I have been a very good boy this year.}

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm buying one. I have a female friend that works at Best Buy and she will use her store discount to buy me one. :) {I have been a very good boy this year.}
Now THAT is a nice hook up. :whip:

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
anyone gonna camp out at best-buy, wal-mart, target for a 360?

think i am gonna go to walmart since it is open 24 hours. gonna pack my meals and get my workout in at the sports section!!!! ha

RUS

Awards
Ohh snap.....Target sells those??

My good friend works there......i might get one (but its only 10%)

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
You must be kidding?????????????? {That's crazy}

anyone gonna camp out at best-buy, wal-mart, target for a 360?

think i am gonna go to walmart since it is open 24 hours. gonna pack my meals and get my workout in at the sports section!!!! ha

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
So, who just couldn't wait and ponied up yesterday?

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I dont know why people are so out to hate on Microsoft. For how big of an endeavor creating an OS that can run well on the myriad of different PC configurations is they do a pretty good job.

I work in IT as well, and while I have my gripes I think XP Pro is a nice OS, and it definitely keeps improving with each release.

BV

Apple mac os x beats all other operating systems, simple as that. Seems so many "big" things that are always supposed to be on windows os are already on mac os before theirs come out.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
i hate bill gates, hes so FIJCKING ritch, and Fin cheep, never gets enough, like hes going to spent all that money.
Right. GOD FORBID people make money from the businesses they have built. GOD FORBID people and companies reap the benefits of their hard work.

Let's also remember that what you pay for the 360 does not go directly into Bill's pocket. Microsoft is a corporation with many other stockholders.

Considering that Bill Gates is worth $47 billion, $1bil is not that impressive...that would be like me donating about $20.
A billion dollars is a billion dollars no matter who donates it. It is a huge amount of money.

Besides any money donated is a tax write-off
Write off or not, it's still a billion dollars out of his pocket.

keninishna

Awards
I don't think 400$ is a bad deal considering the crazy specs of the 360. I think it costs MS a shitload more to produce every unit and they are definitely losing money with every unit sold. They make their money with xbox live and selling the video games at what 60$ a pop? I got one this morning but ima wait till it gets hacked and get the games for free. This way microsoft can actually help pay for my video game funds. :dance:

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok i didnt bother to read the entire thread before this so if it was already mentioned/said im sorry.

Microsoft is a reliable company in my opinion and compared to the PS1 and PS2 the XBOX seemed to be the better in this catagory and that is versions.

Every system, car, microwave that is ever released has bugs that need to be worked out newer better versions released and an all around fine tuned system isnt available for a couple of years. something to keep in mind before you shell out 400 bucks for a first version platform when a year from now youll get it half price and more reliable. JMO.

other then that im very excited with the specs and demos ive seen and think that to do any better there gonna have to implant the damn thing in my head.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
haha i ended up getting one ;).. damn thing is pretty badass. you should see this **** when its hooked up to an HDTV and surround sound!!!!!

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
people camped out at the circuit city since 7 oclock monday night. what do you guys think are the chances of getting one before christmas? my cousin wants one and i have no clue. i would bet that you might be able to find a 400 dollar one someplace....maybe not

Lake mount, what games did u get.

i got brothers in arms 2, i was thinking about madden but i already have it on ps2.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
i got perfect dark.. graphics weren't supposed to be as good with it but the color is great, its more of an arcade style, multiplayer is amazing, and the gameplay is awesome.. overall love the 360 so far.. just wait til they start coming out with the real graphical monsters.. this is nothing compared to what is coming

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
Well, my lady friend that work at best buy, purchase a XBOX 360 for me. She called me today and told me she have the game waiting for me at her home. She even picked up a couple of games.

All she wants me to do is attend her family Thanksgiving dinner with her. I guess I can do that, since she cough that much money up.

I'm going to take the XBOX 360 over my relative house on Friday, so we all can play around with it.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have 10 of them. Giving them out for Xmas gifts.

50joe

Awards
  • Established
Man you guys with them already are definately making me jealous. I've decided it will be best for me to wait for a price drop:sad: oh well.

Dare2disturB

Banned
Awards
lakemountd, why dont i see u on the roster at fsu? I go to fsu thats y i looked...u still go here?

Puerto Rico

Awards
can u give me a deal for the x box & game cube, if u gona ever sell them

Puerto Rico

Awards
I have a xbox, gamecube, and ps2.. and I haven't used any of them in 1.5 years...

between work, training, eating, and sleeping... (and time with Sweetthing).

There is just no time for games.
will u sell the xbox & game cube

Unclemikejones

Awards
i will but i am waiting till halo 3 is out, plus im gonna give microsoft time to work the bugs.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
i got perfect dark.. graphics weren't supposed to be as good with it but the color is great, its more of an arcade style, multiplayer is amazing, and the gameplay is awesome.. overall love the 360 so far.. just wait til they start coming out with the real graphical monsters.. this is nothing compared to what is coming
Seriously. I read some reviews say that the 360 is just 'OK' - but they dont realize the horsepower that's in that unit. You can't even build a PC to those specs yet without spending well over $1000. I dont think game developers have had the time to really take advantage of this kind of technology. When they do, its going to be sick!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I checked out the specs for the PS3. Gotta say, I'm much more impressed. I'll definately wait for its release to even decide on what do buy. www.ign.com is a good place to go if you're interested.

SVTMuscle

SVTMuscle

Awards
i def wont be getting Xbox 360, but i think im gonna get that new Eye Toy Kinetic game or whatever its called for PS2, looks kinda fun, its an aerobic workout while playing a game...cool in my book :clap2:

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i def wont be getting Xbox 360, but i think im gonna get that new Eye Toy Kinetic game or whatever its called for PS2, looks kinda fun, its an aerobic workout while playing a game...cool in my book :clap2:
Yeah I'm gonna get that for my wife on PS2...

I got 2 xbox 360s (one is on ebay) and got Madden and Need for speed most wanted... NFSMW is fucking AMAZING and madded is awesome graphics wise, but overall the game fucking blows, can't even create a player... i might go get call of duty 2 tonight...

I'm waiting for jan 1st when college hoops 2k6 comes out... it's going to be amazing...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I'm gonna get that for my wife on PS2...
LOL, does your wife know this?

You- "Hey honey, I got you this really cool playstation game that you can work out to. And..."
Your wife- "So what are you saying? That I'm fat and need to work out more?"
You- "No honey, I just thought..."
Your wife- "You thought wrong you son of a bitch!" as she slams the bedroom door behind her. Now YOU have to apologize because you tried to help your wife get more into working out. What a selfish bastard you are.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hear that PS3 will be $500-$600 at release.

Me? I'll be waiting until they get some of the more heinous bugs out of the machine before picking one up. I waited somethign like 8 months before getting my XBox, so waiting at least as long for 360 seems reasonable.

Unfortunately though, because PS3 will be selling for so much more, Microsoft will likely not lower the price of 360 next year.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Heh, I just bought a PS2 after 2 years without one. I also picked up GTA: San Andreas (the banned version). I figure I'll be off to school for 3 months coming up next March, so why the hell not.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

You- "Hey honey, I got you this really cool playstation game that you can work out to. And..."
Your wife- "You thought wrong you son of a bitch!" as she slams the bedroom door behind her. Now YOU have to apologize because you tried to help your wife get more into working out. What a selfish bastard you are.
:toofunny:

yeah she knows actually - she actually is the one who brought it up! said some chic she works with was talking about it and that it "sounded cool"... besides, she'd know better than to think i was saying she's fat.. she's like 5'8" 120 lbs... :woohoo:

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established

hahaha reminds me of my girl, every time i pay her a compliment like hey your backs getting more toned shes like you think i was fat and turns away, although ive told her countless times i like her just the way she is.... go figure:wtf: