Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Holy smokes. Somehow I got behind in this thread and I’m only on page 20 out of 33. But, this post I wanted to bring up. We’re 2 weeks in and no sign of working together yet! 😂
not only no but fuk no... we are way past that. our founding fathers would have been shooting by now.
we are living in a soft civil war currently. if nothing else this thread shines a light on it quite well.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
not only no but fuk no... we are way past that. our founding fathers would have been shooting by now.
we are living in a soft civil war currently. if nothing else this thread shines a light on it quite well.
What? Who would the Founding Fathers be shooting now, and why? How does anything ITT “shine a light on it quite well?” Do you actually read the things you type before you send them out for us to have the misfortune of reading them?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What? Who would the Founding Fathers be shooting now, and why? How does anything ITT “shine a light on it quite well?” Do you actually read the things you type before you send them out for us to have the misfortune of reading them?
only words for now but the hate is real...my dislike for Obama was nothing compared to democrats hatred of trump--i'm not sure how far they will go to take trump down.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
only words for now but the hate is real...my dislike for Obama was nothing compared to democrats hatred of trump--i'm not sure how far they will go to take trump down.
Oh, I 100% see the hate towards him; I’ve legit heard a ton of people claim they want to see the economy tank, or the country fail, so it hurts Trump and/or means he doesn’t get re-elected.

Shouldn’t you want the president to lead the country well, even if you don’t like them? Wishing for the country to fail because you don’t like the president is akin to wanting the plane you are on to crash because you hate the pilot. Man, do you not realize that you are also on the plane and will do down with it?

But I don’t see how that’d mean that the Founding Fathers would be “shooting people” like the other guy said.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this legit?

“CHILE COUNTS THOSE WHO DIED OF CORONAVIRUS AS RECOVERED BECAUSE THEY'RE 'NO LONGER CONTAGIOUS,' HEALTH MINISTER SAYS”

“We have 898 patients who are no longer contagious, who are not a source of contagion for others and we include them as recovered. These are the people who have completed 14 days of diagnosis or who unfortunately have passed away,"

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I 100% see the hate towards him; I’ve legit heard a ton of people claim they want to see the economy tank, or the country fail, so it hurts Trump and/or means he doesn’t get re-elected.

Shouldn’t you want the president to lead the country well, even if you don’t like them? Wishing for the country to fail because you don’t like the president is akin to wanting the plane you are on to crash because you hate the pilot. Man, do you not realize that you are also on the plane and will do down with it?

But I don’t see how that’d mean that the Founding Fathers would be “shooting people” like the other guy said.
definition of hate-intense hostility and aversion....the hate for trump is real.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes it is the same guy.
So he’s also married to Fran Drescher.

And is it just me, or is it weird how they say Dr. and PhD in the title to play up his authority, but he is not a medical doctor. Doesn’t mean he’s not smart, but still...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes it is the same guy.
So he’s also married to Fran Drescher.

And is it just me, or is it weird how they say Dr. and PhD in the title to play up his authority, but he is not a medical doctor. Doesn’t mean he’s not smart, but still...

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
and so the next move has been made. the "western states pact" has been created.

Article 1, Section 10 US Constitution.

this is getting worse than just the tyranny at eye level. PATRIOTS bttr get fukin rdy.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Is this legit?

“CHILE COUNTS THOSE WHO DIED OF CORONAVIRUS AS RECOVERED BECAUSE THEY'RE 'NO LONGER CONTAGIOUS,' HEALTH MINISTER SAYS”

“We have 898 patients who are no longer contagious, who are not a source of contagion for others and we include them as recovered. These are the people who have completed 14 days of diagnosis or who unfortunately have passed away,"

Well, I saw an article claiming they have shown coronavirus can be carried by a corpse and infect others, so they may be suprised if this is true.

I mean, in a way they are right. All of their medical problems are over. Coronavirus even cured their underlying conditions.

*obvious sarcasm*

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
and so the next move has been made. the "western states pact" has been created.

Article 1, Section 10 US Constitution.

this is getting worse than just the tyranny at eye level. PATRIOTS bttr get fukin rdy.
I’m confused here; a few states working together regarding when to reopen is tyranny, but Trump saying he has absolute control and can decide when EVERY state reopens isn’t? Even if you disagree with the state pact, and claim it violates A1S10, surely you also think Trump claiming he can decide when all 50 states have to open up is a massive violation of state rights, no?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you are 20 pounds over the maximum weight for your height, you are obese. If you are over the maximum weight for your height, you are over weight. For a 5'8'' person this is 160 pounds. This is based on statistics and muscle mass does not matter - once you are beyond this weight, risks of disease is increased.
Well, I’m screwed. 212 at 5’9”...😞

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait what lol ? Source for that?

Do you not look into the credentials of the “experts” who you listen to? Just them saying Dr. and PhD is sufficient, even without looking into what his degrees are in? Honest question.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, I’m screwed. 212 at 5’9”...😞
As muscleupcrohn pointed out, I was wrong - BMI is the way to go and I'm not even really sure why I said 20 pounds.

Anyway, at your weight you have a BMI of 31 (I am in the same boat right now). I consider myself obese at the moment - this lockdown didn't help but I am trying to turn that around now and use it to my advantage. But being over 31 is the point at which health consequences start to occur - the stats don't differentiate between muscle and fat so you may be all muscle and be otherwise healthy, but it is still a risk factor. Plus, not many people (like less than 1%) will hit a BMI of 30 and be less than 15-20% bodyfat without some sort of "assistance".

Do you not look into the credentials of the “experts” who you listen to? Just them saying Dr. and PhD is sufficient, even without looking into what his degrees are in? Honest question.
Well, there are people on here who care an awful lot about the person who is saying something, more than what is actually being said. Shiva is all over the place and the news articles are presenting him as a Dr. from MIT so I get that most people would see that as credible - and to be frank, I don't disagree with all that he says. He just takes it a bit far and goes off the deep end.

Like, yeah, I do believe that profits come into play with pharmaceuticals and research, etc. Yes, I am probably one of the biggest proponents of Vitamin C on this board and recommend it to all the people I know (most of whom think I am crazy) in large doses to support healthy immune response and hopefully prevent complications from Covid. No, I don't think Vitamin C will prevent or cure Covid-19 and that's all we need.

Everyone who has ever had a new, revelutionary idea that turned out to be true, usually had to go against highly credentialed people who thought they were crazy.

Except it’s not true. Isn’t 30+ BMI obese? If 20 over 160 at 5’8” is obese, then why is it (5’8” 180) only a 27.4 BMI? 5’8” 197 is 30.0 BMI.
Yeah, you got me. I was wrong. Oops. You should have asked me if I did the math on that....I obviously hadn't. BMI is the way to go and I am not sure what I was thinking, but I think I was trying to create some shorthand for people who won't calculate BMI.

Maybe he actually meant overweight, not obese.
Nice save! I appreciate your looking out for me. I should have just stuck with BMI. I was just wrong. Won't happen again haha.

OK, it will happen a lot more.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As muscleupcrohn pointed out, I was wrong - BMI is the way to go and I'm not even really sure why I said 20 pounds.

Anyway, at your weight you have a BMI of 31 (I am in the same boat right now). I consider myself obese at the moment - this lockdown didn't help but I am trying to turn that around now and use it to my advantage. But being over 31 is the point at which health consequences start to occur - the stats don't differentiate between muscle and fat so you may be all muscle and be otherwise healthy, but it is still a risk factor. Plus, not many people (like less than 1%) will hit a BMI of 30 and be less than 15-20% bodyfat without some sort of "assistance".

Well, there are people on here who care an awful lot about the person who is saying something, more than what is actually being said. Shiva is all over the place and the news articles are presenting him as a Dr. from MIT so I get that most people would see that as credible - and to be frank, I don't disagree with all that he says. He just takes it a bit far and goes off the deep end.

Like, yeah, I do believe that profits come into play with pharmaceuticals and research, etc. Yes, I am probably one of the biggest proponents of Vitamin C on this board and recommend it to all the people I know (most of whom think I am crazy) in large doses to support healthy immune response and hopefully prevent complications from Covid. No, I don't think Vitamin C will prevent or cure Covid-19 and that's all we need.

Everyone who has ever had a new, revelutionary idea that turned out to be true, usually had to go against highly credentialed people who thought they were crazy.

Yeah, you got me. I was wrong. Oops. You should have asked me if I did the math on that....I obviously hadn't. BMI is the way to go and I am not sure what I was thinking, but I think I was trying to create some shorthand for people who won't calculate BMI.

Nice save! I appreciate your looking out for me. I should have just stuck with BMI. I was just wrong. Won't happen again haha.

when you say (correctly) that bmi doesn’t differentiate between muscle and fat do you subsequently mean that statistically you have an increased risk factor of disease because of the link between bmi and disease?

as far as I know the correlation is due to the very small percentage of people who have a bmi above 30 due to lean mass. The vast majority it’s due to fat. I don’t believe it’s the bmi that’s the indicator of risk per se, more so that the higher fat levels is causing the problem. However, you can’t state that a fat percentage of xxx is a risk factor to the general population as they can’t calculate it. Bmi they can.

its the same (in reverse) as the true statements about vegans living longer, having better health etc, it’s not the vegan diet that is inherently healthier than a clean, non processed non vegan diet, it’s that vegans are generally more health conscious overall.

with bmi, it’s the case that those with a bmi over 30 are normally just fat rather than heavy because of lean mass. They likely don’t exercise or eat well and therefore have more risk of disease.....

never seen anything to suggest any risk factor from having a higher proportion of lean mass?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m confused here; a few states working together regarding when to reopen is tyranny, but Trump saying he has absolute control and can decide when EVERY state reopens isn’t? Even if you disagree with the state pact, and claim it violates A1S10, surely you also think Trump claiming he can decide when all 50 states have to open up is a massive violation of state rights, no?
kick rocks you fucking puny sand shrimp. I am blocking your dribble so I don't have to see it.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Yeah, I’m between 17-18% right now. Had bodpod test done when I was 21% at 221 and if my math is right, puts me around there. And actually weighed 215 today after last night’s massive cheat meal 😂

Same here. People look at me like I’m crazy when I talk about vitamin C megadosing.

😂

The BMI and muscle to fat ratio not mattering in risk factors is kind of discouraging. I also don’t want to cut too hard right now because that’s not optimal for health either (meaning the process, not the end result). So, when this virus peaks in my area, I’ll still be at a pretty high BMI 🤬

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I'm not doubting that having a substantial amount of mass beyond "normal" may have some negative impacts on health, regardless of if it's muscle or fat, but I have my doubts that there is no distinction in the magnitude of negative impacts of having, say, 20 extra pounds of fat relative to 20 extra pounds of muscle. But maybe you're not claiming that there's no difference in the MAGNITUDE of negative effects, only that any excessive mass carries SOME LEVEL of negative health consequences? I'd have to look it up more, but it seems logical enough that there can be different levels of "bad."

As for Shiva, I only bring it up because the video clearly tried to play him up as an authority by saying "Doctor" AND "PhD." But did they mention that none of his degrees are related to infectious diseases, and he's not a medical doctor? That doesn't mean he's not a very smart dude, of course, but I'm just sick of the media and/or companies acting as if having a PhD in ANY subject makes one an expert/authority on EVERY subject. Have a nootropic formulated by a podiatrist? "PhD formulated!" A PhD in economics talking about the spread of a disease? Man, they're only arguably an expert on the economic impact of said disease, not the actual spread of the disease. That sort of thing. Plus, when you add in his history of controversial/incorrect things, and his lawsuits and legal battles, well, he's hardly the "authority" I'd want to listen to first and foremost. Now, that doesn't mean dismiss everything he says, as valid points are valid REGARDLESS of who says them, not because of it, but they clearly tried to prop him up as an expert/authority, but didn't give the full picture of who he is and what he's done in the past.

Just my $0.02.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Saw there is also have a newer SBMI (smart body mass index) that takes into account age and sex. I like smart. Smart is always better. :)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
layed out.
This is complete and utter drivel. A TON of speculation and mental gymnastics from someone with absolutely no medical expertise or qualifications. Just because 15% of people tested were positive but asymptomatic doesn't mean that 15% of the total/general population has/had the virus and is also asymptomatic, or, more importantly, that they will remain entirely asymptomatic for the duration that they have the virus. Just because they were asymptomatic when they were first diagnosed as positive does NOT mean that they won't develop symptoms after diagnosis, and can't potentially die later from it.

And 0.2% death rate is still nothing to laugh at. If 60% of the population developed the virus, and 0.2% died, that's ~400,000 dead. Yeah, no big deal, right? (edit: also, don't forget that if we did nothing to flatten the curve, and let it run rampant, it would overwhelm our hospitals' capacity to treat it, which would drive the death rate up further) Not to mention when comparing it to the flu, which people love to do, they do all these ad hoc adjustments to the COVID death rate, adjusting it down based on people that are asymptomatic and don't get tested, so don't drive the death rate down; this also applies to the flu, no? Plenty of people get the flu, and never actually get tested, so they don't get counted there either; the same thing applies to the flu as well as COVID, so if COVID's death rate is inflated due to mild cases not being counted, then so is the flu, which means that if you adjust COVID's rate down to say "it's just like the flu," you also have to adjust the flu down too, so not quite as much changes as you think.

Also, the doctor doesn't even know what "orders of magnitude" means, even though he says it like ten times in as many seconds. He said the death rate is reported at ~2%, and it's closer to 0.2%. That's ONE order of magnitude at the most, not "orders of magnitude." So nice hyperbole there...

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
trump is leaving it up to states to decide, brilliant move I think!!!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
trump is leaving it up to states to decide, brilliant move I think!!!
Yes, much better than what he said only a day or two ago that he had complete/total control or whatever.

Say what you will about Trump, but like you said, he is transparent, and says whatever he thinks, even when he shouldn't. And he does seem capable of walking back and not acting on things he says if he finds out they're wrong/stupid/illegal haha.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes, much better than what he said only a day or two ago that he had complete/total control or whatever.

Say what you will about Trump, but like you said, he is transparent, and says whatever he thinks, even when he shouldn't. And he does seem capable of walking back and not acting on things he says if he finds out they're wrong/stupid/illegal haha.
I agree, trump says stuff off the wall--but I usually agree with his actions.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Pelosi vows to swiftly challenge trumps decision to freeze funding for WHO....damn, I am shocked-NOT!!!

the U.S contributes 400-500 million per year...china contributes about 40 million.

maximillia

maximillia

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

The lockdown isn't necessarily what most experts agree on. Watch those videos and see for yourself. I personally no longer think the lockdown was necessary or the right move. It was an overreaction which we will all pay dearly for, for not much gain.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
joe biden--china is our friend

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think if anyone else feels safe without a mask to go out there and shop etc. also know this. Experts. Doctors agree those with no symptoms can transmit it to you.

How many first responders have died from this? Delivery people? Grocery store employees?

Are you that certain?

Also. Those that have gotten better are having Covid reactivate in their systems. As noted by China and South Korea.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
cnn-china news network

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'd like to know more details about this South Korea claim that covid "reactivates". Are they getting sick and hospitalized again, or are they just finding traces of live virus still in blood long after. Big difference. The former would concern me far more than the latter....

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
cnn-china news network
Fake Opioid Xenophobic network... Hey! word games.

joe biden--china is our friend
Donald J. Trump
"One person coming in from China, and we have it under control, it's going to be just fine"

You don't have audio do you?
Is it ok then but not now? Does that not also go for Donald Trump?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hawaii governor considers pay cuts for teachers, nurses and first responders....yes, he's a dimocrat

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'd like to know more details about this South Korea claim that covid "reactivates". Are they getting sick and hospitalized again, or are they just finding traces of live virus still in blood long after. Big difference. The former would concern me far more than the latter....
Here is one source, and it speaks to the chances. They were cleared and then not... it's a serious concern.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hawaii governor considers pay cuts for teachers, nurses and first responders....yes, he's a dimocrat
Fake Opioid Xenophobic network... Hey! word games.

Donald J. Trump
"One person coming in from China, and we have it under control, it's going to be just fine"

View attachment 193136

You don't have audio do you?
Is it ok then but not now? Does that not also go for Donald Trump?
on feb 1, 2020 trump announces china travel ban...democrats call it racist.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on Tuesday called to cut benefits for the unemployed by up to $7/hour."

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

on feb 1, 2020 trump announces china travel ban...democrats call it racist.
There was no travel ban. 40,000 people continued to come in from China, infecting the USA with Covid-19.
He had specific knowledge in DECEMBER warning him of this. I can produce video, and sources but won't.
You don't care about those things as you clearly just post things off the top of your head form FOX news.

There you go.
What you do with it, is relative to the function of n=0

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There was no travel ban. 40,000 people continued to come in from China, infecting the USA with Covid-19.
He had specific knowledge in DECEMBER warning him of this. I can produce video, and sources but won't.
You don't care about those things as you clearly just post things off the top of your head form FOX news.

There you go.
What you do with it, is relative to the function of n=0
why did democrats call it racist...lol.

and there was Pelosi in china town telling everyone it was safe to come there and eat-lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
"Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on Tuesday called to cut benefits for the unemployed by up to $7/hour."
considering those on unemployment are getting a $600 bonus...big whoop.

that is a far cry from cutting pay of nurses and 1st responders!!!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
considering those on unemployment are getting a $600 bonus...big whoop.

that is a far cry from cutting pay of nurses and 1st responders!!!
Cool your jets. I actually read the article from a Hawaiian newspaper not Faux Noise. It will be rejected and cooler heads will find ways to help their micro economy based mostly on tourism from collapsing.

In the mean time. You should feel comforted they are not high on this Covid list.

Adjustments.JPG