Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was seriously contemplating that device. For $180 / taxes that's $200
Now, I have the space for a gym, and mine was $650 with 300 pounds of weights.

If you don't have the space.
It's pretty attractive. Worse you can do is hate it, return for a *refund.
(*Fulfilled by Amazon)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They are announcing this in KS right now and our school district in CO is contemplating it. Now that scares the **** out of me more than anything.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One thing to keep in mind (to everyone saying the death rate numbers could be much lower) - a lot of our data come from Chinese and Italian populations, etc.

Pre-existing condition a seem to be a risk factor, not just age. 70% of the US is overweight and 40% is obese. The death rate in such a population could be MUCH higher than what has been reported in healthier populations.

But, yeah, you are healthy so it is fear mongering. Very few people are going to die. But what would you do if you were out shopping with your overweight mother or your gf with an autoimmune disease right now and someone coughed right in her direction? Would you tell your mother or gf, "Eg, no big deal. It will be fine...everyone is just fear mongering." Or would you flip your shiz?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd also say that something that is not being mentioned is that the areas hardest hit with fatalities are also some of the areas with the highest concentration of smokers. This is a respiratory illness so doesn't seem like much of a surprise.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
One thing to keep in mind (to everyone saying the death rate numbers could be much lower) - a lot of our data come from Chinese and Italian populations, etc.

Pre-existing condition a seem to be a risk factor, not just age. 70% of the US is overweight and 40% is obese. The death rate in such a population could be MUCH higher than what has been reported in healthier populations.

But, yeah, you are healthy so it is fear mongering. Very few people are going to die. But what would you do if you were out shopping with your overweight mother or your gf with an autoimmune disease right now and someone coughed right in her direction? Would you tell your mother or gf, "Eg, no big deal. It will be fine...everyone is just fear mongering." Or would you flip your shiz?
a lot of weather fluctuations going on here in Indiana, still chance to catch the 'regular' flu...is death more likely for a youngster who has the flu and catches coronavirus?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
if you want to get your eyes opened.. watch Dr Centino lay out the real deal on corona19 ... you will sleep better after you watch him dispel all the myths.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
a lot of weather fluctuations going on here in Indiana, still chance to catch the 'regular' flu...is death more likely for a youngster who has the flu and catches coronavirus?
youngsters are unaffected by corona

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
if you want to get your eyes opened.. watch Dr Centino lay out the real deal on corona19 ... you will sleep better after you watch him dispel all the myths.

This guy?

Last edited:
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Thank you! It’s like people don’t understand that even if they don’t get deathly ill, other people can, including people they love. But either way, you shouldn’t want to infect anyone, even if you don’t know them. Plus, hypothetically, anyone can have an undiagnosed medical condition that would make catching the virus more dangerous for them. Unlikely, sure, but possible.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

This guy?
yes that guy.. your link is a joke right? why would you post that? did you even read the link you posted? you trying to discredit him?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was seriously contemplating that device. For $180 / taxes that's $200
Now, I have the space for a gym, and mine was $650 with 300 pounds of weights.

If you don't have the space.
It's pretty attractive. Worse you can do is hate it, return for a *refund.
(*Fulfilled by Amazon)
One of the best things I ever bought was a folding incline bench and spinlock dumbbells.

I got the bench for like $120, but it’s $180 now. Then dumbbell handles were $35, and plates were NMT $1/lb, so $190 (for 100lb DBs; they weigh ~5lbs each unloaded). Then like $40 for a weight tree, and then another $35 for a curl bar, and it comes out to a little under $500.

The good thing is that, when folded, the whole setup takes up no space at all.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yes that guy.. your link is a joke right? why would you post that? did you even read the link you posted? you trying to discredit him?

It’s a letter from the FDA.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just purchased about 3000 dollars worth of gym equipment lol..all gyms closed including my community gym. This sucks!! Like above post I’ve always wanted my own gym anyway

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bought a bench w/ barbell and total of 100 pounds was on sale for 140
Those plate load Db’s
Heavy resistance band
Pull up bar

My gym isn’t closed yet but want to be prepared
Yes be prepared. I was in denial and now all the gyms here are closed. I’m pissed but I’ll make do. Time to get creative

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah. I was joking. // No, I wasn't. It sounds like an advertisement, and I don't trust his pick and choose numbers. I learned nothing I can trust from this stem cell and VPN ad.

(As my wife leans in for a kiss goodnight.. I yell 6 feet! 6 feet!)

You guys need to unwind a bit.

Last edited:
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
While the number of people infected with mild symptoms and not being counted at all could be huge... we are still facing BIG numbers of people who get sick and are already being tracked in the current numbers. Which still continue to rise nationally and globally at an alarming rate.

And of the total number who got sick and either recovered or died, a significant percent thus far have died (9% !).View attachment 192226
Where did you get this info? Seems counter to everything I’m reading.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Where did you get this info? Seems counter to everything I’m reading.
Those numbers only reflect those who have died, or KNOWN cases that have ALREADY been cured. So, they are skewed.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The virus itself is all propaganda and bs lol. No more dangerous than Ebola or the swine flu. What you have to worry about is the people panicking and being controlled, possibly put into a police state type situation from quarantine . That’s scary

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just went to order some more plates and the prices have gone way up.
People are price gauging weight plates because they know the gyms have closed.
I bought 45lb plates for $42.00 each 3 weeks ago, and now a pair is $170.00

Damn. First toilet paper, now iron.

Edit: Goodnight everyone. Be well. Be safe.

Last edited:
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The virus itself is all propaganda and bs lol. No more dangerous than Ebola or the swine flu. What you have to worry about is the people panicking and being controlled, possibly put into a police state type situation from quarantine . That’s scary
Given the case fatality rate of ebola is ~50% it doesnt make me feel any better that it’s “no more dangerous” than that. Im unsure how you can say a virus that has been responsible for at least 8k deaths worldwide in the last couple of months is all “bs”? What’s really scary is that there are ignorant people out there thinking this is “all propaganda and bs” when there are intubated patients all over the world on the brink of death from of it.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just went to order some more plates and the prices have gone way up.
People are price gauging weight plates because they know the gyms have closed.
I bought 45lb plates for $42.00 each 3 weeks ago, and now a pair is $170.00

Damn. First toilet paper, now iron.

Edit: Goodnight everyone. Be well. Be safe.
Standard or Olympic plates? On Walmart’s site, I see:

25lb Standard Plate for $19.27

45lb Olympic Plate for $55.89

35lb Olympic Plate for $26.24

Not sure about shipping time or local availability though.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Given the case fatality rate of ebola is ~50% it doesnt make me feel any better that it’s “no more dangerous” than that. Im unsure how you can say a virus that has been responsible for at least 8k deaths worldwide in the last couple of months is all “bs”? What’s really scary is that there are ignorant people out there thinking this is “all propaganda and bs” when there are intubated patients all over the world on the brink of death from of it.
You'll never be safe from viruses , the constantly adapt and mutate to vaccinations

tubzy

tubzy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
What are you guys planning to support gains as best as possible in the mean time? I was thinking of Ignit3 and BMP. Ignite to keep fat off and BMP to hold onto muscle.

For immune system, I'm eating loads of mushrooms and smoothies with loads of greens w/ ginger and lastly molecular hydrogen.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I believe 5g or just any g, in general is cancer causing, though lol

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What are you guys planning to support gains as best as possible in the mean time? I was thinking of Ignit3 and BMP. Ignite to keep fat off and BMP to hold onto muscle.

For immune system, I'm eating loads of mushrooms and smoothies with loads of greens w/ ginger and lastly molecular hydrogen.
For muscle and immune, FD2.0, Ultra Ecdy and keto, and for fat loss, DCP and keto. And megadosing Vitamin C and keeping my blood levels of Vitamin D at ~70. If I could tolerate BMP, I’d be using that too but it wakes me up at 4am.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You'll never be safe from viruses , the constantly adapt and mutate to vaccinations
so many things wrong with this. 1) even if you were remotely correct in this statement (which you arent), so that means its no big deal? That means its complete propaganda and bs? 2) You know measles, mumps, rubella, varicella are all diseases caused by viruses, right? Youre also aware that they are all vaccine preventable diseases?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
so many things wrong with this. 1) even if you were remotely correct in this statement (which you arent), so that means its no big deal? That means its complete propaganda and bs? 2) You know measles, mumps, rubella, varicella are all diseases caused by viruses, right? Youre also aware that they are all vaccine preventable diseases?
People still get those viruses , to this day, lol. Not as many cases before modern medicine. You can prevent certain viruses , yes, but you still get different strains of viruses. And it's horrible when people contract a virus , yes, but swine flu killed more people than the corona at this point . Why wasn;t the swine flu hyped like the corona? I think we should keep seriousness in any disease, but this seems like something more with an ulterior motive behind it. I never got a flu shot and I will admit , the only flu I had was swine , but I lived in the worse place for contracting disease at the time, NY , lol and I've never had another case of the flu in my life and survived the swine flu.

Before antibiotics , it was deadly. Now we have antibiotics but people still get bacterial infections.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Has anyone heard of these tards that are saying that the 5g network speed is what's causing the virus lol
Yeah man!
Somebody I know is so wrapped up in conspiracy theories.... She actually claimed "Everything is going to go dark in 70 hours!!"
She has 27 hours until I remind her of that nonsense.
... But I already proved one of her conspiracy theories false (I PROVED it for her. Showed her the facts. Her resppnse: That's your opinion. ... LOL).
Consp Theories are some kind of weird addiction. No matter how many you prove false ... They'll never acknowledge it. They'll just move right on to the next one.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah man!
Somebody I know is so wrapped up in conspiracy theories.... She actually claimed "Everything is going to go dark in 70 hours!!"
She has 27 hours until I remind her of that nonsense.
... But I already proved one of her conspiracy theories false (I PROVED it for her. Showed her the facts. Her resppnse: That's your opinion. ... LOL).
Consp Theories are some kind of weird addiction. No matter how many you prove false ... They'll never acknowledge it. They'll just move right on to the next one.
I do think there is truth in some but they will create stupid ones to hide the actual true ones

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Referencing my prior post with death rates (*of settled cases), the numbers co
me from the worldometer Web site posting real time data. Great web site for global and individual country data.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For example: (I’m going to regret starting this) the alien conspiracy is to hide the actual truth that aliens are demons/fallen angels from the Bible in order to hide biblical truths

Rip

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
People still get those viruses , to this day, lol. Not as many cases before modern medicine. You can prevent certain viruses , yes, but you still get different strains of viruses. And it's horrible when people contract a virus , yes, but swine flu killed more people than the corona at this point . Why wasn;t the swine flu hyped like the corona? I think we should keep seriousness in any disease, but this seems like something more with an ulterior motive behind it. I never got a flu shot and I will admit , the only flu I had was swine , but I lived in the worse place for contracting disease at the time, NY , lol and I've never had another case of the flu in my life and survived the swine flu.

Before antibiotics , it was deadly. Now we have antibiotics but people still get bacterial infections.
People who aren’t vaccinated against them get those diseases, yes. But again, the key words in my post were “vaccine preventable”. Perhaps H1N1, Swine Flu, claiming 12.5k lives in the US and >250 k worldwide has to do with why we are acting the way we are about this outbreak. The world has come a long way in 11 years. Also, H1N1 is now a constant in the quadrivalent flu vaccine and has been since the 2010 flu season.

It doesn’t really matter if you havent gotten the flu or not...im unsure of what point youre trying to prove with that anecdotal account.

And that last couple sentences is just a complete facepalm. You dont take antibacterials before you get a bacterial infection so your statement is honestly plain dumb.

Edit: your last statement is like saying “people still get fevers even though we have Tylenol”

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I do think there is truth in some but they will create stupid ones to hide the actual true ones
It isn't them creating stupid ones. It is people BELIEVING stupid ones that is the problem.

Like I said ... I've shown people PROOF that these things are lies... And they look at ME like I'M the crazy one.
... And then promptly move on to the next conspiracy.
It's an addiction man. Separate yourself from it.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Honestly idk what to believe all I’m saying is a virus is a virus and they’ve always been sketchy to me. They’re always there every year too. It’s a non living thing which injects it’s own dna into you. So weird. Bacteria makes sense but viruses being non living don’t make sense

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So yeah I guess it is scary but I don’t think approaching it like this is doing the world justice. More people will die due to other circumstances

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It isn't them creating stupid ones. It is people BELIEVING stupid ones that is the problem.

Like I said ... I've shown people PROOF that these things are lies... And they look at ME like I'M the crazy one.
... And then promptly move on to the next conspiracy.
It's an addiction man. Separate yourself from it.
some of them are dumb and very negative I know . I’m not all into them, but some Of it is true .

edit: I will agree that it can become an addiction and mental masturbation for some

Last edited:

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You know how all men blame everything on estrogen these days? I’m starting my own conspiracy now 😁

HIGH ESTROGEN CAUSES CORONA. YOU NEED LETROZOLE BRO

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote

All im saying is he needs to relax he’s spewing fear in his posts.

YES if you are immunocompromised, old, or diabetic it will be worse.
Also these people shouldn’t be leaving the house. If it was MY mother or MY gf id tell them to sit their ass on the couch while I did my job and got the supplies. I wouldn’t “freak out” at someone coughing..

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I see some people are still trying to pin a mortality rate on this, which still seems quite elusive at this time due to a number of unknown factors influencing numbers. Let’s save trivia facts for when this is behind us. We know it’s viciously contagious and has the capacity to threaten the lives of ourselves or our loved ones. That should be enough..

Anyone happen to catch the news about Germany ordering 10,000 additional ventilors? Many other countries, including the US, are following suit as well. Non-emergent surgeries have or will get postponed around the world so that OR vents and rooms can also be utilized for COVID patients. Meanwhile, Italy is being forced to choose which patients are given a chance to survive via ventilator support based on best predicted outcome. We can only hope our course in the US will be less painful.

Work was much better today than I predicted as we had more help in my department. All disciplines look horribly exhausted by this already though, I guess because we are :)

Anyone that suddenly finds themselves with extra time and wants to make a difference, check your local hospital websites for ways to get involved. Everywhere is in great need already...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In CT, there is talk that schools might be closed for the rest of this school year.

Any thoughts on the product below?

https://www.amazon.com/BodyBoss-Home-Gym-2-0-Collapsible/dp/B074Q15PXP/ref=pd_di_sccai_2/143-1007540-2549332?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B074Q15PXP&pd_rd_r=73186471-ff76-423d-83f8-e6ed43013c31&pd_rd_w=lSbgf&pd_rd_wg=Zp8pp&pf_rd_p=e532f109-986a-4c2d-85fc-16555146f6b4&pf_rd_r=GE1KWRKPQPREVJK9NH2D&refRID=GE1KWRKPQPREVJK9NH2D&th=1

For what it's worth, my immune system is compromised due to a transplant 8 years ago. I would much rather go to work which is closed, to the gym, which I love doing, and live my life instead of being stuck at home. I work with kids and took extra precaution at work, the gym, and in everyday life. Anyone that is more susceptible also has a responsibility to be extra careful.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For example: (I’m going to regret starting this) the alien conspiracy is to hide the actual truth that aliens are demons/fallen angels from the Bible in order to hide biblical truths

Rip
LMFAO