Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Got a pull-up bar adjustable Db set and heavy resistance band. My suggestion is multiple workouts and lots of pushups / pull-ups /lunges and body weight squats

Volume is everything when you don’t have much

tubzy

tubzy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
NJ gyms shut down as well. They all closed at 8pm today and will shut down for at least next 2-3 weeks. RIP

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am ready to go back country soon, the people are just really worrying me

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My gym hasn’t shut yet but who knows I’m just ready to leave honestly .

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So how much lbs of lean muscle y’all lost today? Probably lost between 2 to 15 lbs of lean tissue personally since the gym shutdowns. The end is near. After serious calculations I’ll be negative 5 lbs within 2 weeks. Just casually in bed right now reminiscing the good times were I was buff

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So how much lbs of lean muscle y’all lost today? Probably lost between 2 to 15 lbs of lean tissue personally since the gym shutdowns. The end is near. After serious calculations I’ll be negative 5 lbs within 2 weeks. Just casually in bed right now reminiscing the good times were I was buff
I’m losing gains from the cortisol increase from hearing about gyms closing worldwide

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All gyms in my county shutdown at 12.01am Tuesday

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s offically happened... all gyms in my area are closed

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There better be massive deals on supplements soon or else nobody will be buying. At least not me. Not in these times. Not with gyms being closed. Supplements are no longer a priority, at least not to me.
I wouldn't underestimate the value of having tubs of protein powder when everyone else is starving due to lockdown and lack of food stores open.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah, I lost my gym yesterday...they decided at like 4pm that they were closing at 8pm (normally 11) and not opening again until April 1st (at the earliest)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Geez, my updates suck and I just checked in and there are 6 more pages...so far behind. So much has changed in 10 days.

I've gone from, "Eh, no big deal" to wiping my hands with hand wipes everywhere I go and keeping where I go to a minimum. I have told my GF that she is not allowed to go to any stores right now (she has a life-threatening auto-immune disease) and that if we need something I will go - but even that has me worried as I could carry something back unknowingly. Not that there is much reason to go to a store either, all the TP and paper towels, meat, etc. are gone. It's ridiculous.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
View attachment 192209 this does look pretty bad
it is pretty bad bro but remember that is only showing confirmed positive cases. There are many many more unconfirmed cases where people recovered (many where symptoms were so mild they never knew they had it).

the actual fatality rate is lower, clearly the vast majority of deaths will be recorded as we will always find out what caused the death.
In the uk they aren’t testing people with symptoms who aren’t in hospital (I.e only the more serious cases get recorded in these stats)

it’s still a ducking big issue, just not quite as bad as that data shows

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mine closed down today.

Planning a lot of HIIT, getting the bike out on the trails more, and working in prison style workouts. Who knows, I could be as shredded as I have ever been by the end of this. Keeping up the calories along the way. I'm taking this time to view it as an experiment.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Mine won’t close but Uk gov have said that anyone with symptoms has to household isolate for 14 days (I.e me and the missus have to stay in for 14 days if either of us gets symptoms).

already told her she’s gonna be required to help me work glutes daily 😉 see what gains I get out of 30 seconds, high rep work.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
load up your guns.. i'm hearing of local banks capping withdrawls to 500.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My guess are most gyms close for a month. When they do open again, I expect less people there. I think a lot of people are going to give up from working out. Then I would expect an even bigger surge than normal, Jan 1 2021 as they come back. That's just my take lol

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Say what? That would be insanity.
second person I heard it from doesn't know the first person that told me as far as im aware.. not that, that means its true but its got me wondering.. put your heads on swivels fellow patriots.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
PNC bank always had a max daily withdrawal of $500 by ATM machine. See if that is the bank they are referencing.... if so, then normal.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

We're with Wells Fargo.
It also has a limit on sending cash to people, but that is dependent on the recipient's bank account.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh, I didn't realize we were talking about ATMs, this is pretty standard. I thought this was limiting the withdrawal from the tellers.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Over 10 days one could take out $5,000 cash from an ATM.
What's the big deal?

Don't be Debbie-Downers... if you need anything, just ask your Uncle Justhere4comm

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
The gym actually shut down in my apartment building too. It's the end of the world (*for anyone at week 6-1/2 of great LGD/epiandro run)

May test this bank cash story myself tomorrow....

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I know everybody is out here saying it’s 4% and much more dangerous and etc but I’m really curious(legitimate question) could the numbers be off with probably thousands of people who got the virus, didn’t report in and just recovered? If all these ppl were added to the addition the death ratio surely would be even lower no?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is how I feel right now for you guys.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
Holy fork, i really think the US government is trying to kill an ant with a bazooka

This is the War of Economics virus.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey, here's some positives to this...

I expect to be getting a $1,000 stimulus check at some point from the government. So just think of the possibilities when it comes to supplement buying. I also expect many deals on supplements - This has already begun.

At least for me, this will give me a nice much needed long break from stims. Working out at home, I just don't feel the need for a pre-workout.

Let's hope by May, this is all over with. Just in time for the nicer weather.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know everybody is out here saying it’s 4% and much more dangerous and etc but I’m really curious(legitimate question) could the numbers be off with probably thousands of people who got the virus, didn’t report in and just recovered? If all these ppl were added to the addition the death ratio surely would be even lower no?
No dude. We could have a projection of 2,000,000 dead in the USA.

Sure people can get it and recover, but they are not immune from getting it again, and spreading it.
That's another issue altogether. The second time is worse. You're losing lung capacity. This **** is scary.
4% can be a low number too. Very low. I've seen video of a woman in her late 30's that looked bad.

I've had pneumonia twice in my life and this is worse.
You don't close a country; et facilities; bars; restaurants; etc... because of Flu like numbers.
The fact is, this is worse than the Spanish Flu of 1918.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Great point, Brother. For sure.
Also, the recovery rate is probably (actually) wayy higher than it seems now, because of all of the people who didn't have symptoms and recovered (as you said). ... And also, they consider "recovered" as testing negative for the virus, which takes time. The "recovered" figure is obviously lagging way behind what the recovered percentage is in reality.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
While the number of people infected with mild symptoms and not being counted at all could be huge... we are still facing BIG numbers of people who get sick and are already being tracked in the current numbers. Which still continue to rise nationally and globally at an alarming rate.

And of the total number who got sick and either recovered or died, a significant percent thus far have died (9% !).

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
While the number of people infected with mild symptoms and not being counted at all could be huge... we are still facing BIG numbers of people who get sick and are already being tracked in the current numbers. Which still continue to rise nationally and globally at an alarming rate.

And of the total number who got sick and either recovered or died, a significant percent thus far have died (9% !).View attachment 192226
Ye, this number would be around 2% if u cut out ppl with 70yo+

DrChicken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
No dude. We could have a projection of 2,000,000 dead in the USA.

Sure people can get it and recover, but they are not immune from getting it again, and spreading it.
That's another issue altogether. The second time is worse. You're losing lung capacity. This **** is scary.
4% can be a low number too. Very low. I've seen video of a woman in her late 30's that looked bad.

I've had pneumonia twice in my life and this is worse.
You don't close a country; et facilities; bars; restaurants; etc... because of Flu like numbers.
The fact is, this is worse than the Spanish Flu of 1918.
I’m sorry but that’s fear mongering.

And that’s not how the immune system works, once you create antibodies to a specific virus / bacteria your body will retain the capability to produce that antibody at a much quicker rate.

Each time you get sick with the same agent it gets less intense not more intense.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

And that’s not how the immune system works, once you create antibodies to a specific virus / bacteria your body will retain the capability to produce that antibody at a much quicker rate.

Each time you get sick with the same agent it gets less intense not more intense.
whilst I concur with this, in reality no one really knows as it’s so new.

there seems to be very few reported cases of people contracting it twice in China (I’ve heard of one). Given they’ve had 80k plus you’d think there would be a few more by now but bottom line is there are lots of unknowns.

im very sure this isn’t short term though, 6 months plus of serious disruption. Every developed country is tanking its economy. You don’t do that lightly. The people who should have access to the best info are clearly scared shitless......enough for me to take note anyway

tubzy

tubzy

Awards
  • First Up Vote

And of the total number who got sick and either recovered or died, a significant percent thus far have died (9% !).View attachment 192226
There are also cases now where people fully recover and the virus gets reactivated again. Just like how any other virus can reappear when immune system is compromised.

Last edited:
xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I understand the immune response and how it identifies the second time with regard to viruses.

No it isn't. (Fear mongering)
“The immune response to Covid-19 is not yet understood,” the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) explains. “Patients with MERS-CoV infection are unlikely to be reinfected shortly after they recover, but it is not yet known whether similar immune protection will be observed for patients with Covid-19.”

It may just be like any other coronavirus as it relates to the immune response. They don't know.
I do know anecdotal stories told by my wife about reinfection, but that could also be attributed to not being cleared really of the virus. They are not sure.

The 2,000,000 number was not based on reinfection.

It does similar serious damage to your lungs just like pneumonia does. Once you have gotten pneumonia, you can get it again much more easily, and that I do know from experience. That's not to say this is a direct comparative. I am concerned with the lung damage.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

most elderly people won't get a second chance to produce antibodies.

not all children are healthy, a good number of them suffer from severe illness.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
most elderly people won't get a second chance to produce antibodies.

not all children are healthy, a good number of them suffer from severe illness.
Nor cancer patients, transplant patients, etc. A colleague of mine said his wife’s cousin who is 35 with diabetes contracted it, went into a coma and had a stroke. Pretty sure there are a few people in the West that have diabetes.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I understand the immune response and how it identifies the second time with regard to viruses.

No it isn't. (Fear mongering)
“The immune response to Covid-19 is not yet understood,” the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) explains. “Patients with MERS-CoV infection are unlikely to be reinfected shortly after they recover, but it is not yet known whether similar immune protection will be observed for patients with Covid-19.”

It may just be like any other coronavirus as it relates to the immune response. They don't know.
I do know anecdotal stories told by my wife about reinfection, but that could also be attributed to not being cleared really of the virus. They are not sure.

The 2,000,000 number was not based on reinfection.

It does similar serious damage to your lungs just like pneumonia does. Once you have gotten pneumonia, you can get it again much more easily, and that I do know from experience. That's not to say this is a direct comparative. I am concerned with the lung damage.
Yes this train if thought is the reason buying 1000 rolls of toilet paper. It will pass by summer, there will be deaths and the numbers you see will be skewed.

This has been part of “the man’s” plan for awhile. Don’t believe everything you hear on the news folks

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nor cancer patients, transplant patients, etc. A colleague of mine said his wife’s cousin who is 35 with diabetes contracted it, went into a coma and had a stroke. Pretty sure there are a few people in the West that have diabetes.
Jeez, man. Sorry to hear that. :(

My idiot father-in-law is reckless with his health. Diabetic and just had a valve job on his heart.
He'll still misbehave and is going to kill himself regardless of Covid-19
My other worry here is his wife. She's not in the best health and older.

This is the kind of reckless selfishness that is a preponderance in this country. He's just one fat headed example.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And let me clarify my last statement. There are thousands of patients who are beating cancer but have weakened immune system. Likewise, thousands of transplant patients who are otherwise healthy aside from the immunosuppressants they take (for life) to stop rejection. I can get behind “the good of the many outweigh the good of the few” but if the good of the few is their lives and the “good” of the many is some inconvenience then what does that tell us about ourselves?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Jeez, man. Sorry to hear that. :(

My idiot father-in-law is reckless with his health. Diabetic and just had a valve job on his heart.
He'll still misbehave and is going to kill himself regardless of Covid-19
My other worry here is his wife. She's not in the best health and older.

This is the kind of reckless selfishness that is a preponderance in this country. He's just one fat headed example.

I had an Uncle who had heart disease running rampant on his side of the family. He had a multiple bypass surgery. Later, some of us "men" went camping. He cooked bacon and sausage, and with the (inch of) grease left in the pan, he made himself some "toast". SMH.

My Grandfather smoked for decades, and my Grandmother did not. She later developed COPD.

I don't believe this is the end of the world (by far).
I believe proper perspective is key.
This isn't the end of the world, or the common cold. And I believe to suggest that it is either of these, is to do a disservice to those around us.

Last edited: