Anyone worried if Corona virus keeps spreading the gyms will shut down?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I guess this is happening where I'm at. Meanwhile, both my gyms are remaining open

New Orleans is one of four cities chosen for a pilot program by the federal government.
Yeah they started that in Denver a few days ago as well. Sounds kinda hectic with wait times

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Local gyns here are talking about only allowing every other machine to be used, to force larger spacing between users.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We want this. At work we have one of these and it's ridiculous. It starts as salt water and it's transformed into a cleaning fluid with this light activation that changes its chemical makeup. Not human toxic like bleach. Not available in the US. (Figures)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
CT just shut school down until the 31, it can go further than that. Restaurants and bars may get shut down as well. That will be determined later in the week.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One local gym I go to was closed today for cleaning. Reopening tomorrow with normal hours. Gyms I go to plan to stay open for now. I just hope government doesn’t get involved and forces them to close. It’s always a possibility

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My wife has asthma and is healthcare worker.
Her boss is an idiot and I'm being kind here.

They gave her two masks to use; and when she used one of them she got strange looks from the nursing staff.
I hate, they have this attitude, and it's none of their business! She needs to take care of her patients, and herself.

We need testing here so we know the correct trend, but here is a good example.
Yes, anyone with asthma should certainly be very cautious. There was a 20 something year old girl on the local news today stating that it was hard for her to breath, and she has no history of lung disease. Cases in my state quadrupled in 24 hrs, yet my hospital is still all negatives- that will change any day. I also attended a meeting today at work (every four hr requirement to discuss status and placement of hospital COVID rule outs) and was informed about two people in the nearby area that significantly and dangerously breached the rules of their self quarantine within 24 hrs. People simply can’t be trusted..

That graphic you posted of testing results in S. Korea is quite telling...nice find!

sounds like joining the military...no beards and they give you what they used to call a burr haircut. I went into military 1977, everyone had long hair back then-the amount of hair on the floor was crazy, lol.
That’s what I think about quite often through this, and at the time it felt like a was shaving off part of my identity and freedom. As healthcare workers, we are fighting a war- it’s just viral rather than physical, and we are right at the forefront because someone has to do it. While I think veterans are worthy of all the glory, recognition, and benefits they deserve, I think healthcare workers at the hands-on patient care level aren’t given any reciprocation or recognition for putting ourselves at great risk. If we are lucky, they will give us a free lunch in the cafeteria when the dust settles, and then do everything they can to keep us from getting yearly raises.

If things get real bad (not unlikely for RT), all relevant personnel will be mandated to show up to work extensive hours unless physically proven unfit to do so- and/or are quarantined themselves. They will send hospital security or involve local police to remove me from my house if I don’t respond to being called in during a state of emergency. We are already stretched to our limit and additional hours have already been asked of us within the past two days. Today I worked 14 hrs instead of 12.5. All hospital staff has already been exhausted by this.

Last edited:
R

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
And gyms, movie theaters, restaraunts, and bars are now closed in Wa state... Fuk

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All restaurants and bars in NYC closed down for 8 weeks.

B

benjamfzb

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is it. Canada has shut down all franchise gyms. ****.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
FUK Jay Inslee!!! I just joined a new gyn on Saturday and got an email this morning that the faggot govn of my state who is a total train wreck BTW.. is shutting down gyms across the state. FFS> such BS
good thing I got a set of power blocks to 90lbs and nice adjustable bench.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
FUK Jay Inslee!!! I just joined a new gyn on Saturday and got an email this morning that the faggot govn of my state who is a total train wreck BTW.. is shutting down gyms across the state. FFS> such BS
good thing I got a set of power blocks to 90lbs and nice adjustable bench.
Where you live @xR1pp3Rx

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anybody wearing a mask in their gym.
Unless somebody used it with a face shield that offers eye protection, it’s not worth the effort and increases risk of infection. The general public constantly adjusts their masks with their hands- exposing their nose/mouth/eyes while contaminating the mask itself. People need to save masks for those who have been fitted for them and know how to use them effectively. This is part of the reason healthcare workers don’t have adequate supplies to protect themselves -which then impacts everyone that much more.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
mans sre about to do in Spain. I own a gym in the uk, we fully expect we will be told to close within the next month or two.
???? Expect to close within a month or two?? I’d fuxking hope this fucking mess is over with in a month or two wtf.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wouldn’t be complaining about minor sacrifices/inconveniences that keep yourself and others healthy. I realize we are all passionate about going to the gym, but consider yourselves lucky and look at it as being your small contribution in slowing the spread.

Meanwhile, ALL of us in my hospital were just placed on level 2 triage. This means we are all on stand-by for level 3 triage which would then require us to go in to work ASAP. I can’t do anything until further notice.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel bad for whoevers been torturing themselves for a competition in the coming few weeks.

Shopping for basement gym gear atm.
I have/had a powerlifting meet scheduled May 2nd. I'm going to bail on it, I think. Not worth the headache of training for it with my kids out of school until mid-April. It is what it is.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn’t be complaining about minor sacrifices/inconveniences that keep yourself and others healthy. I realize we are all passionate about going to the gym, but consider yourselves lucky and look at it as being your small contribution in slowing the spread.

Meanwhile, ALL of us in my hospital were just placed on level 2 triage. This means we are all on stand-by for level 3 triage which would then require us to go in to work ASAP. I can’t do anything until further notice.
Agreed

B

benjamfzb

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have/had a powerlifting meet scheduled May 2nd. I'm going to bail on it, I think. Not worth the headache of training for it with my kids out of school until mid-April. It is what it is.
I just found out the gym in my gfs town is open. But that her 4 kids and severely mentally ill mother are at her house. No thanks lol.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
???? Expect to close within a month or two?? I’d fuxking hope this fucking mess is over with in a month or two wtf.
lol, you kidding bro? This **** ain’t even got started yet.

China is still in lockdown (most places) and the outbreak started there in Dec. There is no vaccine and won’t be for at least 6 month but more likely a year. This will be going on for 6 months plus.

how much disruption and how long things have to close for etc is up in the air but I don’t think anyone with any common sense is suggesting that there won’t be some disruption to life for months to come.

locking **** down doesn’t get rid of the virus, just slows the spread. As soon as you release the lockdown it will spread quicker again.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My state just said gatherings of over 50 people should not be held so not sure if that includes gyms

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Feeling better about ending my blast early yesterday. Guess it’s time to get jailhouse strong in the coming weeks/months....
It’s all uphill from here.
Funny you mention that I just began my new routine and it's designed like a fighter's camp but almost all the exercises are also jailhouse style burpees navyseals pushups dips etc. You can stay plenty strong on them

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
hit hard by assholes who like to play GOD.
How so...what exactly are you referring to? Flattening the curve is absolutely necessary through extreme as well as smaller scale measures, as we simply don’t have the ability to care for such an influx of patients all at once. Surely you have heard this, and we are already strapped in the medical field even though it just began here.

Alternatively, should we not try to limit the spread and numbers of deaths and just say “Sorry, we no longer have resources available for you or your family member that is struggling to breathe. Just stay home, let it run its course and hope for the best.”

I am genuinely curious as to what you think should or should not have been done already. Or what you think is deemed appropriate moving forward at this point?

Last edited:
xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
listen... if you havnt figured me out yet, my neck is several shades darker than pink. I aint biting on what you are selling. the current world wide numbers don't lie. this has a mortality rate of LESS than 1% !!!

tin foil hat time... literally every democratic run state is infected and more or less under martial law with out the military openly walking the streets. I think this is a test run to something bigger. not sure what. but I myself refuse to feed the panic. I will buy Hillary Clinton books to wipe my ass if I have to. feel me? 🤷‍♂️

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
He's absolutely right about flattening the curve.
My wife; brother-in-law, and his wife are in healthcare for years and they say the same thing.

This is no conspiracy, as it's a reality of a pandemic.
If you don't flatten the curve, it could stress resources too much too fast, and others in emergent care need will die.

And here I thought we were keeping politics out of this thread. I guess it only applies to certain people.
Feel me?

Last edited:
xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
just cause I feel you doesn't mean I have to agree with the feels. my wifes an RN just to be clear. are you not getting the same info she is? its a farce imo .. you don't have to like my opinion. and that's politics.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
just cause I feel you doesn't mean I have to agree with the feels. my wifes an RN just to be clear. are you not getting the same info she is? its a farce imo .. you don't have to like my opinion. and that's politics.
Your wife thinks it's a hoax and she's an RN?
Is that what you are saying?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
listen... if you havnt figured me out yet, my neck is several shades darker than pink. I aint biting on what you are selling. the current world wide numbers don't lie. this has a mortality rate of LESS than 1% !!!

tin foil hat time... literally every democratic run state is infected and more or less under martial law with out the military openly walking the streets. I think this is a test run to something bigger. not sure what. but I myself refuse to feed the panic. I will buy Hillary Clinton books to wipe my ass if I have to. feel me? 🤷‍♂️
Is it really that bad?? I'm in a democratic state and I'm more worried about an upcoming ruling on our 2a rights than soldiers quarantine

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I guess this is happening where I'm at. Meanwhile, both my gyms are remaining open

New Orleans is one of four cities chosen for a pilot program by the federal government.
Are you in New Orleans? I'm up towards Baton Rouge. I heard there may be some sort of lockdown this week..

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My wife runs the satellite lab of the hospital down here, and she teaches 2nd year med students.
I trust her more than anyone and she's on top of this.

The death rate of Covid-19 is way more than 1% (3.4%)
*According to the WHO.

This isn't about those of us whom are in the 1% or below bracket, it's about the millions over it.
I'm surprised at the shear lack of caring here, and fear mongering which I would call selfishness.
I guess we aren't supposed to care for those immune compromised like my wife then?

The common flu is .02%

Countries are shutting down for good reason. To flatten the curve and give their healthcare system a chance.

Source:

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Well I think your 1% mortality rate is grossly underestimated :LOL:, and it would be much higher if a majority is unable to receive medical care period- do you feel that?

The US has always been a country that prides itself on preventing unnecessary deaths. Honestly, I don’t think that is always the best approach myself, but that is how we operate and that is what a majority of people expect. If that is not what the what the people want, the lifting of all these actions already set in place, and those to come would make my life much easier on a professional level. We would see a huge influx and corresponding number of untreated patient deaths, but it would likely be over much quicker. Do you think I want to be on stand-by for months on end- hell no!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you in New Orleans? I'm up towards Baton Rouge. I heard there may be some sort of lockdown this week..
I live on the Northshore, fortunately. Though my wife works there and that's where my (closed) campus is.

We shall see I suposse.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Champaign, Illinois mayor signed executive order allowing seizure of firearms, ammo, personal property. She’s gonna piss off the wrong skullfukkers.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some people are just stuck in this mindset that this is a hoax, there are always those people. Some people out there even believe the holocaust was a hoax! Such comments are irrelevant, this is all happening whether one chooses to believe it or not. Time to take your head out of the sand!

It’s disrespectful to those people like myself who are directly involved in making exhausting efforts to deliver the resources and care that the people expect.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some people are just stuck in this mindset that this is a hoax, there are always those people. Some people out there even believe the holocaust was a hoax! Such comments are irrelevant, this is all happening whether one chooses to believe it or not. Time to take your head out of the sand!

It’s disrespectful to those people like myself who are directly involved in making exhausting efforts to deliver the resources and care that the people expect.
I personally believe that the numbers are way higher, the simple fact that these “reported” numbers are at least two weeks behind as countless souls walk around asyptomatic for weeks spreading it at an exponential rate.
I also don’t believe that this was a freak accident hailing from “bat soup”. It’s built too perfectly, with far too many facts of coincidence.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I personally believe that the numbers are way higher, the simple fact that these “reported” numbers are at least two weeks behind as countless souls walk around asyptomatic for weeks spreading it at an exponential rate.
I also don’t believe that this was a freak accident hailing from “bat soup”. It’s built too perfectly, with far too many facts of coincidence.
True and true!

As far as the origin of this virus, I do consider that to be questionable and could be a biological hoax with ulterior motives in that sense. It certainly is the perfect virus- on many levels. The presence and reality of the virus itself is certainly not a hoax itself though. :)