Anyone try prolozonetherapy?

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
I suffer from lumbar facet syndrome and have tried everything: building core strength, PT, nerve ablation, cortisone. I have scoliosis and my issue is structural. I went to a place today who felt that stem cells would be a good option but I dont have $2800 since insurance wont cover it. They seem to scoff at prolotherapy (prolozone) but Ive heard from others it can be very effective at joint reconstruction, etc. Im going to give it a shot as it isnt very expensive and very low risk. Anyone on here ever try it with success?

Chinnmusic

Chinnmusic

Awards
I had a co worker try it for her knees that were bothering her pretty bad on the regular and it did wonders for her but she even said it works a little different on everybody and results can vary. On the other hand it did amazing things for her and she said it was worth every penny

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see it always that way:

If it may help you and is not that risky, do it. No matter if its considered by some as quackery, without a scientific base.
Goal is getting better.
Holistic is what medicine should be.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
After my first treatment of prolozonetherapy on my back and like the doctor predicted started wearing off after 4 days. But it was such incredible relief, waking up without pain was such a difference for my body. After the 2nd round of shots this coming week this is where there is long lasting (years) relief. With anything naturopathic you have to stay open minded but this stuff is so reasonably priced and sure as heck beats expensive platelet or stem cell therapy. If this works great and only costs around $70 per treatment I may use this for other areas of my body such as my shoulder.

Mark Mothersbough

Awards
I tried it for biceps tendon tendinitis and bursitis, it did not help me, I got a cortisone injection next which did help.

lunchbeast

Awards
After my first treatment of prolozonetherapy on my back and like the doctor predicted started wearing off after 4 days. But it was such incredible relief, waking up without pain was such a difference for my body. After the 2nd round of shots this coming week this is where there is long lasting (years) relief. With anything naturopathic you have to stay open minded but this stuff is so reasonably priced and sure as heck beats expensive platelet or stem cell therapy. If this works great and only costs around $70 per treatment I may use this for other areas of my body such as my shoulder.
Just curious - where are you finding this for $70/treatment? I've had several procedures done (it works pretty well for me) in the Phoenix area, but each was considerably more than $70.

lunchbeast

Awards
I suffer from lumbar facet syndrome and have tried everything: building core strength, PT, nerve ablation, cortisone. I have scoliosis and my issue is structural. I went to a place today who felt that stem cells would be a good option but I dont have $2800 since insurance wont cover it. They seem to scoff at prolotherapy (prolozone) but Ive heard from others it can be very effective at joint reconstruction, etc. Im going to give it a shot as it isnt very expensive and very low risk. Anyone on here ever try it with success?
I had multiple procedures done on both knees and both shoulders. It worked great, but I'm dealing with major arthritis and other issues from years of sports abuse, and they didn't get me quite back to where I wanted to be...which was being able to run for miles on end, throw down in the dojo, and move big iron like I used to. I might have simply lacked the patience to wait long enough to let them do their thing - there is at least some anecdotal and radiography evidenced that prolozone does promote cartilage regeneraton, but it's reasonable that that kind of healing takes time and I decided to bite the bullet and pop for stem cells and PRP in shoulders and knees. Honestly, the verdict is still out on whether that's going to turn out to be more effective than the prolozone, but it was definitely way more expensive.

The immediate pain relief you see in the youtube videos (there are dozens by now if not hundreds - look up testimonials for Dr Robert Rowen on youtube) is real. How long it lasts, and the number of procedures you might need, depends on the extent of your injury, general health, and what you're expecting to resume. For somebody who just wants to remain mobile, go up and down stairs, play golf, etc, I would recommend prolozone without hesitation, and I would strongly encourage anybody faced with joint replacement to try prolozone first. It's (compared to joint replacement) cheap, almost totally painless, and virtually risk free. Only down side is (like stem cells) it's not covered by insurance, so the expense is out of your own pocket.

If you want to do more research, hit up youtube for Doctors Frank Schallenberger and Robert Rowen - they were the early promoters of this when I researched it and they're the ones that convinced me to try it. If you just search on prolozone, you can see a lot of recent activity. It's used for all kinds of stuff - I just focused on joint pain for my research.

A word of caution - this is natureopathic medicine, and like chiropractic medicine, it has it's share of quacks. I was fortunate to find a good chiropractor when I became desperate enough to try one, so I know the science is sound and the treatments are beneficial if you have a good one. Same with prolozone.

My final comment is this. If the stem cell/PRP treatments turn out to not be as effective as I hope, I will resume prolozone. I think that's a pretty good testament.

lunchbeast

lunchbeast

Awards
I see it always that way:

If it may help you and is not that risky, do it. No matter if its considered by some as quackery, without a scientific base.
Goal is getting better.
Holistic is what medicine should be.
Actually, the science is surprisingly sound. It just doesn't get promoted because there's no way for big pharma to make any money off of it, and there are a lot of orthopedic surgeons that would be out of business if all their patients knew how effective it was at healing injury and reducing pain...eliminating joint replacement necessity in many cases.

hardtoget

Awards
  • Established
Lunchbeast I'm curious if you had PRP/stem cell treatments for your arthritis. I found prolozonetherapy effective but sadly the results weren't very long lasting for me and I went to get a second opinion. I'm now working with a performance rehabilitation clinic in town that has accurately diagnosed my problem as bone on bone arthritis in my L5-S1 joint (facet & SI). Physical therapy and taking a muscle relaxer before bed has greatly reduced my symptoms however next year (~Jan-Feb '20) I plan to go through either PRP or mesenchymal stem cell treatment using adipose tissue. From what I've read more stem cells are found in adipose issue than in bone marrow and my doctor swears by it. Like you said before insurance won't cover it so I'm already looking into a HSA or FSA plan for next year's insurance plan to cover it pre-taxed. I'm curious if I get directly thrown into stem cell or try PRP at first. PRP hasn't been found to be a good long term fix for back osteoarthritis but many say you get 4-5 months pain free. I know of someone 3 years pain free from stem cell treatments so I definitely know the stuff works. I look forward to the day where the FDA finally gets behind stem cell treatments and understands cortisone is just a band aid treatment.