Anyone take Nicotinamide Ribose?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Data is very strong and anecdotal reviews are impressive. I’m going to try this product morning and night as NAD pathways are based on circadian rhythms.

TRU NIAGEN - Vitamin B3 | Advanced NAD+ Booster | Nicotinamide Riboside NR | Increases Energy & Promotes Anti Aging - 250mg per Serving

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IMF8D26/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_9roDBbDJYWGM6

Also, this is a great podcast from a scientist that studies this supplement:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ben-greenfield-fitness-diet-fat-loss-and-performance/id283908977?mt=2&i=1000417483512

I would love to hear your experiences!

-Thor

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I personally would not waste my money. I plan on going right to the source using NAD lozenge 125 mgs from the actually compounding pharmacy who controls the NAD for medicinal usages. I plan on giving these a try in next month.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I personally would not waste my money. I plan on going right to the source using NAD lozenge 125 mgs from the actually compounding pharmacy who controls the NAD for medicinal usages. I plan on giving these a try in next month.
I was hopeful you would comment as I know you’re a fan of NAD. Sublingual good bioavailability? NR pathway is very well established to raise NAD and is cheap and easy. Can you explain the advantages of NAD lozenge? How much will lozenges cost? Please keep me udated! Will you test NAD levels?

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
tried niagen and NMN, didn't see any difference in energy levels

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What dose? What is your age?
Bought both on amazon at 250mg and 31 years old, I think it only works if you are super frail like in your 70's and haven't worked out in years.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The OTC work when there is a need for it...

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
We are lacking in hard evidence to support oral supplementation of Nicotinamide Riboside or Nicotinamide Mononucleotide for a sustained increase in NAD+ levels.

I would increase my vitamin B12 and drink more water. A dehydrated person is going to have less energy. There are many supplements on the market today that will increase mitochondrial repair and biogenesis. Mitochondria are responsible for keeping up intracellular energy. You want them to function well and you want many of them.

Theres so much I could write here. Im over the very minor amount of information provided by Dr. David Sinclair. This goes for anyone else associated with Chromadex or Basis.

B vitamin supplementation is the way to go. These two compounds are derivatives of b3 but, so is pantethin. I wouldnt load up on niacin either.

If you want to spend your money on supplements, at least spend it on substances with a plethora of clinical data to back them up.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
We are lacking in hard evidence to support oral supplementation of Nicotinamide Riboside or Nicotinamide Mononucleotide for a sustained increase in NAD+ levels.

I would increase my vitamin B12 and drink more water. A dehydrated person is going to have less energy. There are many supplements on the market today that will increase mitochondrial repair and biogenesis. Mitochondria are responsible for keeping up intracellular energy. You want them to function well and you want many of them.

Theres so much I could write here. Im over the very minor amount of information provided by Dr. David Sinclair. This goes for anyone else associated with Chromadex or Basis.

B vitamin supplementation is the way to go. These two compounds are derivatives of b3 but, so is pantethin. I wouldnt load up on niacin either.

If you want to spend your money on supplements, at least spend it on substances with a plethora of clinical data to back them up.
I am in the field with experts such as Dr Mettiere from Springfield Missouri. I am now starting to work with reseachers and clinicians in regards to new studies from Dr Navaux in regards to advancements in the cell danger response. We are currently finding ways to modulate CDR1,2,3 with emphasis of the impact of NRF2 on multiple systems

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I am in the field with experts such as Dr Mettiere from Springfield Missouri. I am now starting to work with reseachers and clinicians in regards to new studies from Dr Navaux in regards to advancements in the cell danger response. We are currently finding ways to modulate CDR1,2,3 with emphasis of the impact of NRF2 on multiple systems
Please keep us updated on the progress. Ive spent a lot of time at Longecity and reading whats been published by the National Institutes of Health. At this point I would still only consider an I.V
NAD+ booster. Ive been following other promising substances besides rapamycin and Metformin. Such as Dasatanib, beta lapashone, Fox04-DRI, and many others.

Theres a lot of promising research which looks to be taking a while to reach the clinical trial stage. I know Chromadex is seeking FDA approval for a prescription NR. I for one seriously hope they get slapped down.

The American pharmaceutical industry is resembling mobsters more and more with each passing day. The scandals and price increases in brand and generic drugs these last few years are atrotious. This is one of the main reasons for ridiculous increases in health insurance premiums the last 10 to 12 years.

Once something clears the FDA, we have to deal with all the marketing and pricing aspects. Anything marketed as a geroprotector or antidegenerative medication may be prohibitively expensive.

Right now we can cut out sugars, drink water, avoid excessive sun exposure, move to a Mediterranean diet. Take substances which activate Sirt 1. Eliminate alchohol and tobacco products. Work out and hold down body fat. Supplement to lower cortisol and much more. C60 may turn out to be the next big super antioxidant.

Personally, I believe Dr. Alan Green is on the right track. Rapamycintherapy.com is a great website that breaks down the benefits of metformin, rapamycin, ARBs, and aspirin.

John Mitteldorf and whoever runs Selfhacked are also two excellent resources. They remain on the cutting edge of anti aging science.

I stand by what I said in regards to both oral NR and NMN. There are too many unknowns. Is it effective and if so how much? What are the side effects? What is the bioavailability? These are only a few examples but, you get the picture.

I would tell someone who needs more energy to look into b-12 and some of the amino acids which are cheaply available.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve seen stem cells do amazing things. Exosomes look promising also

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Stemcells have there place and time in healing. There are only a few places I would go for stem cells. US Stemcells Florida or panama.
I would be cautious of mill house clinics, if you have chronic illness localized is fine. If you have a hidden infection stemcells can make it worse. I have cases where people have spent 25k and got worse. I am cleaning up a lot of those messes now.