Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Curious if anyone is using a DHA powder, or other direct DHA supplement...

* I put it in this section because this is where most of the high-quality conversation happens about various compounds....
But also because this supplement could potentially be of great benefit to those using Anabolics.

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Maybe not exactly what you mean as you said direct DHA, but I've been taking some form of omega-3 supplement for like 15-20 years daily. Right now getting 300 mg of E-DHA (Ethyl ester DHA) daily from my current omega-3 supplement. DHA should be good for the brain, eyesight and for the heart.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Maybe not exactly what you mean as you said direct DHA, but I've been taking some form of omega-3 supplement for like 15-20 years daily. Right now getting 300 mg of E-DHA (Ethyl ester DHA) daily from my current omega-3 supplement. DHA should be good for the brain, eyesight and for the heart.
Thanks brother.
I take Omegas, but I saw this supplement, and it sounded interesting.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yup, my omega-3 supplement has 500mg dha.

it's a staple.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I bought 8oz of fake crabmeat aka alaskan pollock for 2.49 this week. Bought a ton of it, no cooking, just eat it or warm it up. I'll add quinoa/rice and dip it in some wasabi and pickled ginger.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I bought 8oz of fake crabmeat aka alaskan pollock for 2.49 this week. Bought a ton of it, no cooking, just eat it or warm it up. I'll add quinoa/rice and dip it in some wasabi and pickled ginger.
Well, that's uhh .... Cool.

:)

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm gonna scrap the fake crabmeat and go with salmon oil caps. Eating fake crabmeat is getting old now lol.
I can eat a little of it.
But it gets old for me quick.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Heck, I might try it with some wasabi...

Alan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been taking Biotest Flameout for quite some time, which is more DHA focused vs EPA (2,200mg DHA, 880mg EPA per serving).

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been taking Biotest Flameout for quite some time, which is more DHA focused vs EPA (2,200mg DHA, 880mg EPA per serving).
I know things like this are harder to pinpoint, but do you have anything to report?
I'm leaning towards using it

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What's the obsession with fake crab? I'll get some and try it with my honey mustard salmon sauce if you guys really want me to.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What's the obsession with fake crab? I'll get some and try it with my honey mustard salmon sauce if you guys really want me to.
Dang thought you had one. I always loved that junk when I was little but it’s more potato starch than pollack usually. Like very low protein.

Cobranipple

Cobranipple

Awards
Yessir! 900mg of DHA derived from Algae, along with something like 100mg from krill oil and 620mg from ethyl ester fish oil.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see many people here taking Fish oil/omega 3 supplements. Don’t you worry about oxidation level of these supplements and the totox score.

Almost none of the companies give any information about the oxidation level of their product. But I saw some studies suggesting majority of them are highly oxidized and rather detrimental than beneficial to health. What do you think?

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I see many people here taking Fish oil/omega 3 supplements. Don’t you worry about oxidation level of these supplements and the totox score.

Almost none of the companies give any information about the oxidation level of their product. But I saw some studies suggesting majority of them are highly oxidized and rather detrimental than beneficial to health. What do you think?
I remember reading about this years ago, but at the time I got the impression, that it's about the lenght of time the capsules sit on a storage and store shelf and the oxidation happens through time. I saw some people say, that if you get those bad fishoil burps after taking a omega supp, thats a sign of some oxidation being happened. But that's just something some people posted on a forum, I don't know more about it. With some omegas I have gotten those bad burps, but most of the time I don't get them.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some people say to check freshness of fish-oil we can break open one and if it taste like fish it’s oxidized. But don’t matter what brand every time I open a cap it taste somewhat fishy (dont taste or smell bad but fish like taste) Don’t it mean all of them are bad or good Im not sure.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Some people say to check freshness of fish-oil we can break open one and if it taste like fish it’s oxidized. But don’t matter what brand every time I open a cap it taste somewhat fishy (dont taste or smell bad but fish like taste) Don’t it mean all of them are bad or good Im not sure.
Because it’s FISH oil. It should taste a little fishy.

Olive oil tastes a little like olives. Mac oil tastes very much like macadamia nuts. Coconut oil…you get it.

No I’m not worried. But if you are, just eat some baked salmon several nights a week and call it good.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sardines a few times a week and call it a day.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cobranipple

Cobranipple

Awards
Ethyl-ester fish oil products are supposedly prone to oxidation and the easiest way to beat that is to just buy krill oil.
•More bioavailable
•Has the same Omega 3s
•Contains phospholipids that fish oil does not
•Contains astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant
My particular brand that I buy is Kori but Walmart brand is likely just as good.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's the easiest way to make pollock more expensive than it otherwise would be, which leads to fewer funds available for junk food thus more cutz long-term brah. PM any further nutrition inquiries.