Anyone squat to burnout

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
In my gym I never see anyone squat and get pinned... but like me... haha I mean i go hard after the weight and sometimes i get pinned under the rack... but no one else does... The guys like benching weight they cant do but wont squat heavy to save their lives. Am i the only one who doesnt mind getting pinned under the weight... I mean, gotta get them legs big.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
How about doing weight you can lift and not permanently damaging your joints.

bkoguy07

bkoguy07

Awards
  • Established
I mean its not heavy i normally get to 9-10 reps. And if I do miss it, i drop in weight, guess you guys dont have the same outlook.

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
I work to failure on squats fairly often. I never compromise form and I always wait for a particular squat rack because the safety pins are perfect for my parallel squat and box squat.

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
Try the 20 rep squat routine. I'll guarantee that at some point you will get stuck, pinned, reach failure, whatever you want to call it!

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
Try the 20 rep squat routine. I'll guarantee that at some point you will get stuck, pinned, reach failure, whatever you want to call it!
I love the Squats and Milk routine. If you eat enough you'll explode in weight.

Ether

Awards
I have observe the exact same thing, everyone benches to failure but they don't squat to save their butt. For a variation on squats I will start at the bottom instead of at the top of the movement or I will pause letting the bar rest just for a second on the pins at the bottom of the movement. I get stuck under at the bottom quite often having to dump the weight on the safety pins and yes I do use proper form and go below parallel I am just a sadist and squat til it hurts.

biggfly

biggfly

Awards
  • Established
Why do 20 reps of anything?? 20 reps of a compound exercise is silly and a non-efficient way of working out. Strength/Power=4-6 reps Hypertrophy=8-12 reps. 20 reps mean you need to add more weight.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why do 20 reps of anything?? 20 reps of a compound exercise is silly and a non-efficient way of working out. Strength/Power=4-6 reps Hypertrophy=8-12 reps. 20 reps mean you need to add more weight.
There is a ton of info on the 20 rep squat . . . do a google search
http://www.ironworkout.com/20_rep_squat.htm

Supposed to be great for gaining mass and strength

MoTiV

Awards
  • Established
You've never done the Squats and Milk program then. It's a mass program and if you follow the routine you'll pack on weight like you won't believe. Personally, I put on 30 lbs in 6 weeks but I was eating 2 lbs of steak every squat day and I only squated 2x a week compared to the programs usual 3x a week.

AllMaxBrian

Awards
I like doing heavy squats normally, but if I'm going to go to "burnout" I'll do it on a Smith Machine.

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
If 20 reps is good then surely 40 reps would lead to greatness. Especially if you own a cow.

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
The thighs are a unique muscle group in how you can work them. There are many effective ways for training. For instance, you can only train smaller muscle groups so many ways yet there are so many ways to train the thighs. Squats are good pie all around. High reps, low reps, heavy; can all lead to great development.

Also depends on what you're going for. Not everyone wants oak trees for legs. I like having proportionate thighs that are muscular and defined. But my balls don't like it when my thighs get too big.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
more likr fade in and out when u hit rep 15+ and then vomit and shake and feel like u just had a near death expriance
if u dont squat and dont ever feel like this dont ever expect to grow and put up sum real weight