Unanswered Anyone see this study? Thoughts?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
0 information about their dietary protocol for any of the individuals in this study.
For all, we know the group taking CLA could be eating more than the Placebo group = Greater Gains
The workout program was so vague.. They worked out 3 days a week. What does that entail?

You can also find countless CLA Studies that show how ineffective it is on obese people even upward to a 6g dose (Study used 5g)

For example

Therefore, the clinical evidence appears to be insufficient and not unanimous regarding the effects on body fat reduction and major side effects have already been described.

Thus CLA does not reduce body weight in healthy exercising humans of normal body weight.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
0 information about their dietary protocol for any of the individuals in this study.
For all, we know the group taking CLA could be eating more than the Placebo group = Greater Gains
The workout program was so vague.. They worked out 3 days a week. What does that entail?

You can also find countless CLA Studies that show how ineffective it is on obese people even upward to a 6g dose (Study used 5g)

For example

Therefore, the clinical evidence appears to be insufficient and not unanimous regarding the effects on body fat reduction and major side effects have already been described.

Thus CLA does not reduce body weight in healthy exercising humans of normal body weight.
Pretty much my point. Just curious if anyone thinks that one study changes perception. CLA is not well liked. Just find odd a company would post something like that. Especially when the study is off in information.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
cla still being pimped? amazing. what solution ^ said. it work great in rodents though, lol. as to company promoting it - because most people not even know what pubmed is and see 700%!!!! - and being june, there new crop of 18 year olds with summer job money, lol. do not buy cla is my advice - but you can eat a little less, and walk a little more - for free (actually kind of make money by eating less, hahahaha).

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
cla still being pimped? amazing. what solution ^ said. it work great in rodents though, lol. as to company promoting it - because most people not even know what pubmed is and see 700%!!!! - and being june, there new crop of 18 year olds with summer job money, lol. do not buy cla is my advice - but you can eat a little less, and walk a little more - for free (actually kind of make money by eating less, hahahaha).
Agreed. CLA is rampant on social media. Dr Oz pimps that stuff all the time. Found interesting they are trying to push it as a muscle builder now.

Thought interesting and good for debate. Only reason I put out there. Not sure of the brand posting it.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What I know is that CLA is even bad for you. I can find the video if anyone wonders

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
People argue so much back and forth about CLA and get so caught up in being right that I think most lose sight of a simple fact with CLA and that's that it appears to be an ingredient that works really well for some people and not at all for others (as with many natural ingredients).

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you know who performed the study?

Tbf I think that given the size of the study it’s unlikely that the difference in the body composition changes, which was big, between the groups was down to one just happening to have a better diet on average.

I think the main thing to keep in mind is that CLA has been shown to be quite unreliable as the results people get differ a lot. Of course that’s not a good thing but epi and laxo, two things which are generally considered to just work, are like that too.

If you can spare the p, it’s worth a shot. CLA’s pretty inexpensive. Like try it for two/three months and see if it works for you.

Last edited:
Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you know who performed the study?

Tbf I think that given the size of the study it’s unlikely that the difference in the body composition changes, which was big, between the groups was down to one happening just having a better diet on average.

I think that main thing to keep in mind is that CLA has been shown to be quite unreliable as the results people get differ a lot. Of course that’s not a good thing but epi and laxo, two things which are generally considered to just work, are like that too.

If you can spare the p, it’s worth a shot. CLA’s pretty inexpensive. Like try it for two/three months and see if it works for you.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16531905

Pinkoski C, Chilibeck PD, Candow DG, Esliger D, Ewaschuk JB, Facci M, Farthing JP, Zello GA.
College of Kinesiology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada.