Anyone listen to ATC on NPR tonight?

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ATC had a piece on steroids in athletics tonight. It was more about the inability to detect newer things like THG. What really caught my attention though was when they started talking about IGF. They mentioned Dr. Sweeney (see fiddler's post in IGF/GH/Slin forum) and the 20% gain in muscle size the mice injected with his muscle-targeting IGF virii experienced - and that was w/out excercise. They also mentioned that IGF is available online now. I was kind of distraced driving home, so if anyone else remembers more, please post. I also saw a short article mentioning IGF in Wired a couple of months ago. I guess IGF will be on the chopping block next.

Number 5

Awards
They also mentioned that IGF is available online now. I was kind of distraced driving home, so if anyone else remembers more, please post. I also saw a short article mentioning IGF in Wired a couple of months ago. I guess IGF will be on the chopping block next.
IGF is not available in the virus form, but they said it would probably become (illegally) available to rich elite atheletes at some point and that it would be undetectable by conventional means.

here's the audio: http://www.npr.org/features/feature.php?wfId=3844703