Anyone have any positive experience with mushroom extracts?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I once bought the mushroom sampler pack from nootropics depot which included the following powders: lion's mane, red reishi, maitake, cordyceps, black hoof, chaga, poria, turkey tail and white jelly. Because they were all small sample sizes, I mixed them all up and then took 1/8 teaspoon and mixed in my coffee. And to be honest, I didn't see or feel any difference. I guess I took too low a dose or something. Still anyone have any good experience with mushrooms?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very interested in this. Ive been looking at some of Four Sigmatic products, they have a 10 Mushroom Blend that kinda has it all. But would love to hear what kind of experience others have had.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Big fan of Mushrooms.

PeakO2 at 2-4g is great for my performance, recovery, and I feel I don't get sick as often.

Individually Cordyceps is great for endurance, Reishi for immunity, and Lions Mane for mental benefits. Keep in mind they all seem to work on a "broad" range of things, but some are known for one thing a bit more than others.

Finally, I wouldn't trust all Mushrooms out there. I'd probably opt to pay more for a trusted brand than whatever you find cheapest, the cultivation and growth of mushrooms seems to be something that can effect the benefits and be easily skimped on.

For examples I think Nootropics Depot is a great choice for individual types, PeakO2 is awesome for a blend that has actual data showing efficacy, and Genius Mushrooms is a solid 3-mushroom blend that covers the major ones at a decent, well rounded approach.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I may try Genius or Peak02. I've used LOTS of cordyceps, and if you want the performance benefits, Millennium's blows the others away (but they don't offer other mushrooms).

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I mix Lions Mane at about 2,000+ mg with caffeine and feel pretty good. But I have ADHD and anxiety so I tend to notice effects others might since my CNS is kind of open to influence. Nothing life changing, but I find it makes studying easier especially since the caffeine for energy tends to make studying harder. Kind of balances it out.

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is what I use sometimes and it’s really nice but the Cordy is under dosed so I add some to it.
IMG_3572.JPG