Anyone ever have costochondritis?

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Have had pain in right rib. Is definitely in the rib and will feel pain directly same place in the back. Has anyone ever experienced this and what did you do. Thanks.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have had pain in right rib. Is definitely in the rib and will feel pain directly same place in the back. Has anyone ever experienced this and what did you do. Thanks.
I've never had it (that I'm aware of).

If you have any, I'd try Helios.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
are you sure you know what the issue is? like this could be anything with no context. worst case your rib cage is collapsing on your heart/lungs otherwise it sounds like you might have a pulmonary contusion (bruised lung)

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nothing to do with lungs. Collapsed lung I would be in ER

U

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have had this happen years ago. It’s basically a small tear in the cartilage between your ribs and floating ribs. It’s a sharp, agonizing pain and dull ache that randomly come and go. It’s awful and takes a long time to go away like all soft tissue injuries.

My coworkers encouraged me to go to a Dr as it was an unidentifiable chest pain, and I’m glad that I did. I had never heard of this before, so I was relieved that it was a soft tissue issue and nothing cardiac.

I remembered a few weeks earlier, my much larger and stronger cousin snuck up behind me and ripped me into a half-nelson. I was not expecting it at all, made me feel like a frail old man, lol.

You should definitely get an official diagnosis to rule out anything more serious. As far as treatment, I’d try topical anti inflammatories, CBD or something like BPC157.

U

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah, I forgot about the pain occurring in the exact same spot in the front and the back of the rib cage until I reread your post. It’s an odd feeling as I think it only tears in the front.

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Did you use bpc 157 orally or injectable?

New guy

New guy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've had this and it came back a few times, my doctor told me to take anti-inflammatory supplements and heat pack the area to improve blood flow and promote healing. All three times I took low dose aspirin and fish oil until gone and only acetaminophen for the first few days and it has solved the issue within a few weeks but there may be better options out there. Hopefully that's all it is and you get back to normal soon.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have had it from getting overzealous with bench press. I think it was partially due to my bench at the house being tilted to one side. It takes a lot of time to heal. I used PEMF, an ICES unit, and red light therapy, and it still took weeks to fully heal.

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have had it from getting overzealous with bench press. I think it was partially due to my bench at the house being tilted to one side. It takes a lot of time to heal. I used PEMF, an ICES unit, and red light therapy, and it still took weeks to fully heal.
Yea for some reason I think it military press that did it.