Anyone else on dating sites?

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m on okcupid currently and it’s a little frustrating because I’ve been getting likes. Every time I click on their profile I see a nice cute face. Even beautiful. Scroll through the photos and boom. A whale appears. I’m very fit obviously in my photos but for some reason I keep getting messages by women who are quite fat. I mean chubby girls can be fun but I do have my limits

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Nope, I think it's super creepy . It's not hard to meet ladies. There everywhere.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol I felt the same way when I first got on... Its a process bro think of it like harvesting fruit... You sow, water and then harvest and weed out the "bad fruit". It takes time but once you weed through you'll get some decent matches. Biggest advice is personality wins girls on these sites... Looks def help but you reel them in w personality...

For me personally my life is really busy and full so this was nice and convenient way to meet women. I'm seeing a girl I met now using tinder so it does work. Its fun you just have to be patient and understand its a process cultivating relationships. You'll get some good matches you just have to be creative with the hot ones... My girlfriend now calls me silver tongue haha

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol I felt the same way when I first got on... Its a process bro think of it like harvesting fruit... You sow, water and then harvest and weed out the "bad fruit". It takes time but once you weed through you'll get some decent matches. Biggest advice is personality wins girls on these sites... Looks def help but you reel them in w personality...

For me personally my life is really busy and full so this was nice and convenient way to meet women. I'm seeing a girl I met now using tinder so it does work. Its fun you just have to be patient and understand its a process cultivating relationships. You'll get some good matches you just have to be creative with the hot ones... My girlfriend now calls me silver tongue haha
I had good luck with Match.com, but it's not like picking chicks up at club... I met my wife on Match.com, we are pretty happy about to have our 2nd little one.

Write a real profile, you will date a lot of duds, but eventually one will spark.

If you want a real woman and not a one night stand... Skip To f*ck / or Not to f*ck sites like Tinder.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had good luck with Match.com, but it's not like picking chicks up at club... I met my wife on Match.com, we are pretty happy about to have our 2nd little one.

Write a real profile, you will date a lot of duds, but eventually one will spark.

If you want a real woman and not a one night stand... Skip To f*ck / or Not to f*ck sites like Tinder.
Lol tinder women arent just looking for hookups... It was my experience a majority were looking for someone to connect with. That said I just got a divorce and marriage is the last thing im looking for. Lol so it worked great for me.

Hookups are there too tho lol

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol tinder women arent just looking for hookups... It was my experience a majority were looking for someone to connect with. That said I just got a divorce and marriage is the last thing im looking for. Lol so it worked great for me.

Hookups are there too tho lol
True I hear this too, but I mean the premise of Tinder was "hot or not" old site plus a dating/hookup opportunity... Sure it takes little work and maybe people can start with physical attraction, then get lucky and perhaps they have something in common beyond let's bang, lol.

Well I was divorced once at 24, finishing up child support here with that situation... If my current wife was not super cool I would have stayed single too. Men give up too much for marriage and kids with modern divorce and child support system. So many bad mom's using kids as paychecks now. Deadbeat dad syndrome is so overplayed.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I feel like online dating sites are for weirder people. Use Tinder or don't use anything at all. Lol

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope, I think it's super creepy . It's not hard to meet ladies. There everywhere.
True, but depending on your area, you might not find quality close by. If you live around big blue cities, most women there are looking for a hookup, or to "see how things go" while they date like 20 guys at once. Sure, good women exist in these areas, but most of the time they aren't single, or they simply don't use dating sites because of all the pervert guys that message them on there. I think your best bet is to look for foreign women if you're in the US, look for women close by that are studying here or moved here recently. They're the nicest ones on dating sites and a lot of them haven't been infected by the SJW virus. Plus you run into the problem of where to meet them. I don't think it's a good idea to look for a potential wife in a bar. I think "I met my wife on a dating site" is better than "I met my wife while she was doing shots of southern comfort at the bar."

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
True, but depending on your area, you might not find quality close by. If you live around big blue cities, most women there are looking for a hookup, or to "see how things go" while they date like 20 guys at once. Sure, good women exist in these areas, but most of the time they aren't single, or they simply don't use dating sites because of all the pervert guys that message them on there. I think your best bet is to look for foreign women if you're in the US, look for women close by that are studying here or moved here recently. They're the nicest ones on dating sites and a lot of them haven't been infected by the SJW virus. Plus you run into the problem of where to meet them. I don't think it's a good idea to look for a potential wife in a bar. I think "I met my wife on a dating site" is better than "I met my wife while she was doing shots of southern comfort at the bar."
Perhaps Match.com is dated now... Basically look for the ladies 'who viewed my profile' whatever service you use.

This way instead of bombarding every chick... You know she's already looked at your profile and bothered to read your info. You have been pre-selected this way.

I had several good dates and got married this way, she's an eight body wise but a 10 heart and head wise.

Skip the 10s dating every guy with a pocket book on Tinder. But hey for the young misguided hookup generation... I guess Tinder and Bumble are the new Match? I don't know the way they hookup people seems like a recipe for bad things...

Stillbloom

Awards
I see your lack of self-confidence to meet girls. There so many fish on the ocean, don't be afraid to catch one or two and pick the right one for you chubby or sexy as long as you tango together everything will be good.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Met my current girlfriend off Okcupid. Previously had a friends with benefits through there. Various dates from it and other sites, I ghosted most after 1 date.

Remember, it's not like the real world when you are on there. You lose some of the in person techniques and benefits and have to use a different set to either arrange for the possibility of using your real assets or close the deal entirely digitally.

Tip for online dating. Be funny, relaxed. It isn't a job resume when you make your profile. Make it with the intention to get a giggle. And initiate yourself. Sometimes the ladies message you, but lets be honest it mostly comes down to the man.

Also under no circumstances go on a date with a horse girl. There are like 20,000 on each dating site with photos with their horses. Don't. Just don't.