Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No, you didn't tell me about that. That's awesome haha.

We love to go looking at decorations and to haunted houses. Have you seen the huge 12 foot skeletons that people get from Home Depot that have been so popular for the last couple years? They're super hard to get bc they stay sold out and when they do a release on them, they'll put a few hundred online unannounced and will sell out in minutes. We were lucky enough to get a couple of them and had 2 - 12 foot skeletons outside the office for Halloween haha.
Yeah those are awesome. Some woman in Texas tried to steal one in broad daylight from someone’s yard & they got it on cam footage - it did NOT fit in her SUV!

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah those are awesome. Some woman in Texas tried to steal one in broad daylight from someone’s yard & they got it on cam footage - it did NOT fit in her SUV!
Poor lady just wanted to add to her collection but no…damn cameras and cops got in the way

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh for the fun of it, I also have a small coin collection with a coin from Ancient Rome. I sometimes find it cool to hold and think about who else may have once held it. Probably used at some brothel lmao 🤣

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Oh for the fun of it, I also have a small coin collection with a coin from Ancient Rome. I sometimes find it cool to hold and think about who else may have once held it. Probably used at some brothel lmao 🤣
A ancient Roman coin could be worth a **** load of money, I would stop handling it and get it appraised. My cousin has one worth 15k

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
A ancient Roman coin could be worth a **** load of money, I would stop handling it and get it appraised. My cousin has one worth 15k
“Some of them”. This one isn’t because it’s very common and of not the best quality

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Lots of them sell for $1000-10,000 but there's also lots that are only worth $50-100

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah, so many people have stolen them or tried to steal them that an article warning people of it was on the news a couple weeks prior to Halloween. I'm not sure why that woman would even think it would fit in her SUV lol; its longer than a truck, no less an SUV. The only way that would have even been remotely possible would have been if she took it completely apart and disassembled the metal frame underneath.

It's sad the way people are now days - so many people will steal anything that they can pick up and if they can't steal it, they'll destroy it just for spite.

The skeletons are super cool. The pics online of what some people do with them is hilarious. Some people have even set up social media pages for them. My daughter wants me to do that, set up pages for them and dress them up for different holidays and use them for fundraisers and stuff like that.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, so many people have stolen them or tried to steal them that an article warning people of it was on the news a couple weeks prior to Halloween. I'm not sure why that woman would even think it would fit in her SUV lol; its longer than a truck, no less an SUV. The only way that would have even been remotely possible would have been if she took it completely apart and disassembled the metal frame underneath.

It's sad the way people are now days - so many people will steal anything that they can pick up and if they can't steal it, they'll destroy it just for spite.

The skeletons are super cool. The pics online of what some people do with them is hilarious. Some people have even set up social media pages for them. My daughter wants me to do that, set up pages for them and dress them up for different holidays and use them for fundraisers and stuff like that.
You should. People follow stuff like crazy! Me and my daughter have a page where we literally post the same thing every single day lol 😂. It’s a cartoon. But… look at the analytics on accounts reached lol 😝 224802

I’m a hashtag wizard yo!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
^^^ Ha, I'm considering it. I think it would be pretty cool, I just need to get better at social media to begin with.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
IMG_0504.JPG

Should have used a corvette apparently.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
View attachment 224810

Should have used a corvette apparently.
In that picture, he most likely put together the upper body and left the lower body off. We have an upstairs patio area at the office and we put one partially together like that and had him waving at people driving by. We had to leave the legs off bc he was too tall to fit up there and still see his face if we didn't.

I saw a funny pic of a person that had one tied to the top of a mini cooper.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In that picture, he most likely put together the upper body and left the lower body off. We have an upstairs patio area at the office and we put one partially together like that and had him waving at people driving by. We had to leave the legs off bc he was too tall to fit up there and still see his face if we didn't.

I saw a funny pic of a person that had one tied to the top of a mini cooper.
My girlfriend just saw that guy one night. We weren’t able to check it out. We thought it was pretty funny though!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My girlfriend just saw that guy one night. We weren’t able to check it out. We thought it was pretty funny though!
It is, I love stuff like that. I like making people laugh and smile.

We've got Santa hats for them for Christmas and will be putting them out. Right now, they're hanging out in the warehouse like guards and one of them has a rubber duck poll float hanging over his arm that I had put on him Halloween night :)

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I realized I didn’t even post my collection yet.

Here’s my containers for the Hot Wheels. I have a few!

IMG_0501.JPG

Here’s my Lamborghini collection, so you can see how they fit. Each container is double sided.

IMG_0503.JPG

And most of my Ferraris. They didn’t all fit into one side.

IMG_0502.JPG

And yes, I keep them separated by manufacturer! I’m kind of a car guy.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

View attachment 224823

Here’s my Lamborghini collection, so you can see how they fit. Each container is double sided.

View attachment 224824

View attachment 224825

That’s a sweet collection but my OCD hates the container having the middle not divided

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

View attachment 224823

View attachment 224824

View attachment 224825

oh wow thats pretty awesome .. my son has about 75 of hot wheels one .. who knows how many have been lost lol

but not collectibles .. like from target you get liek $15 for 15.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
oh wow thats pretty awesome .. my son has about 75 of hot wheels one .. who knows how many have been lost lol

but not collectibles .. like from target you get liek $15 for 15.
Oh mine are mostly cheap ones. I had a bunch as a kid and when I grew up I started getting the ones I wanted. Turned into a collection. I do have a few nice ones, I’m not sure what to do with them though. They’re in a drawer still in the packaging.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I did some work for a guy who had a collection of maybe 500 model cars.
I spent maybe 20 minutes looking at them, and talking with him about them .... But I could've spent hours.
:)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I did some work for a guy who had a collection of maybe 500 model cars.
I spent maybe 20 minutes looking at them, and talking with him about them .... But I could've spent hours.
:)
I've seen some cool big collections like that and its super cool.

There was a guy that lived here locally before he passed away that had a massive amount of model airplanes. It was so many that when he passed, he'd left them to a museum.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'd meant to post this already but have been spread so thin I can't think straight.

On the first page of this thread, I had mentioned how I like funny shirts and @SSJ4GOD had mentioned John Wick coins and several people were talking about them; so I had taken a picture of one of my shirts that I thought would fit in perfectly with the conversation :)

John Wick Shirt.jpg

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I used to collect comics. I've always collected things my whole life though. Most things I collect don't tend to be for monetary value or resale later, but for enjoyment.

Currently I am getting back into books and graphic novels I have missed out on in the last 5-10 years while also getting back into physical copies of movies and shows so that I can always have them (and I tend to back them up on my own personal drives as well).

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I used to collect comics. I've always collected things my whole life though. Most things I collect don't tend to be for monetary value or resale later, but for enjoyment.

Currently I am getting back into books and graphic novels I have missed out on in the last 5-10 years while also getting back into physical copies of movies and shows so that I can always have them (and I tend to back them up on my own personal drives as well).
That's cool and I can relate to that - the things that I collect are just things that I like that I'd never want to part with anyway; its never been a monetary value thing to me, I just like the things I do for personal enjoyment.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Buncha nerds in here! LOL, count me as one.
When I was little, I collected Pokémon cards, beanie babies, and Spawn action figures. I always liked swords and had a few as a pre-teen; something alluring about a big sculpted blade or beautiful knife.

I still think Spawn is really cool, but I don’t collect anything now.
All of that stuff is back in terms of collections. Pokemon cards are worth a lot now in some cases, there's been a seeming resurgence in interest. That was a little after my time, but my younger brother was into that and beanie babies.

I had a small Spawn collection. Will have to post up in here once I dig them out of the box they've been sitting in for the past decade or two.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Buncha nerds in here! LOL, count me as one. All of that stuff is back in terms of collections. Pokemon cards are worth a lot now in some cases, there's been a seeming resurgence in interest. That was a little after my time, but my younger brother was into that and beanie babies.

I had a small Spawn collection. Will have to post up in here once I dig them out of the box they've been sitting in for the past decade or two.
Yeah! Spawn was sweet!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When I was little, I collected Pokémon cards, beanie babies, and Spawn action figures. I always liked swords and had a few as a pre-teen; something alluring about a big sculpted blade or beautiful knife.

I still think Spawn is really cool, but I don’t collect anything now.
The age difference between us is few in years, but great in cultural differences. My best friend is 10 years younger than me, just turned 30. I grew up on NES, SNES, Magic cards (then Starwars Cards, the knock off game but was good), and xBox barely by the time I was graduating high school. Pokemon by the time I was through was a "little kid" thing and I'm shocked now at how many of my coworkers are total pokemon experts because it was their child hood, a mere few years after mine... lol

I mean these kids grew up on MTV yet have no idea what a music video is 😂

My silver coins came thru.

View attachment 225697
about 20 years ago I did collect Indiana Jones original toys and Simpsons toys, all the NIB stuff. these days baseball hats and silver bullion is about it!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The age difference between us is few in years, but great in cultural differences. My best friend is 10 years younger than me, just turned 30. I grew up on NES, SNES, Magic cards (then Starwars Cards, the knock off game but was good), and xBox barely by the time I was graduating high school. Pokemon by the time I was through was a "little kid" thing and I'm shocked now at how many of my coworkers are total pokemon experts because it was their child hood, a mere few years after mine... lol

I mean these kids grew up on MTV yet have no idea what a music video is

about 20 years ago I did collect Indiana Jones original toys and Simpsons toys, all the NIB stuff. these days baseball hats and silver bullion is about it!
Idk, SNES & Magic cards were part of it all for me too, and actual music videos on MTV.

1990 was really quite a generational intersection.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Idk, SNES & Magic cards were part of it all for me too, and actual music videos on MTV.

1990 was really quite a generational intersection.
Plenty of music on mtv through about 2003 though. In my opinion clear difference between pre and post 1998 kids

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah but I was 16 in 1998 watching "brand spankin' new" on MTV at 3am lol.
My buddy Sean who wasn't born until 1991 of course wasn't hitting his prime for a while so it sorta cracks me up how different his and my childhoods were being only 10 years apart

my wife and I are apart of a social club where we live and 80% of them are retired. To be honest, my childhood is more similar to people who are 30 years older than me than 10 years younger!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You need a note to help you find your note!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lmao

and then make a mental note of the note that you wrote down to look at the previous note.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
lmao

and then make a mental note of the note that you wrote down to look at the previous note.
I keep an organized to do list for work stuff and then sticky notes usually for personal stuff. My work related list is around 12 pages long at this point so a lot of the personal stuff just never gets gotten to. I'd been meaning to buy those coins since I first read about them in this thread.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I keep an organized to do list for work stuff and then sticky notes usually for personal stuff. My work related list is around 12 pages long at this point so a lot of the personal stuff just never gets gotten to. I'd been meaning to buy those coins since I first read about them in this thread.
If you would like to buy some coins I have some small copper ones I will sell you. $5.00 will get you 50 of them !

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you would like to buy some coins I have some small copper ones I will sell you. $5.00 will get you 50 of them !
Ha. If you're talking wheat pennies, you have a deal :)

My daughter likes old coins and I'd been wanting to get her some of them. My Grandad gave me a lot of them when I was a kid.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ha. If you're talking wheat pennies, you have a deal :)

My daughter likes old coins and I'd been wanting to get her some of them. My Grandad gave me a lot of them when I was a kid.
No these aren't those old worn out pennies, these are Brand New !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It might seem weird to you guys but I like to collect tickets :LOL: Also, I like to collect/download songs in my pc. To keep them forever with me.
I used to collect a lot of Speeding Tickets!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
APMEX
wanted to pick up couple of 1oz gold coins (currently $94)
they made a min of $500 purchase .. but seems like its a temp thing due to high demand.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Recent nostalgia has had me wanting my old airwalk shoes and a Teddy Ruxpin doll lol. My buddy posted this the other day and now I really want one lol. There is a guy on youtube that threw some metal in a Teddy Ruxpin, cracked me up.

APMEX
wanted to pick up couple of 1oz gold coins (currently $94)
they made a min of $500 purchase .. but seems like its a temp thing due to high demand.
you sure about that? or are they only partially gold? cause gold is sitting around $2k right now right?
I have some small amounts of gold, and a bracelet I found in the street in Tacoma that nobody claimed but aside from that I stock piled a lot of silver 1oz coins for a while when it was running around $15-23 per coin. I should probably start doing that again. I used to figure I could get a few beers at a bar, or throw another silver coin in the safe!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Recent nostalgia has had me wanting my old airwalk shoes and a Teddy Ruxpin doll lol. My buddy posted this the other day and now I really want one lol. There is a guy on youtube that threw some metal in a Teddy Ruxpin, cracked me up.

View attachment 231374

you sure about that? or are they only partially gold? cause gold is sitting around $2k right now right?
I have some small amounts of gold, and a bracelet I found in the street in Tacoma that nobody claimed but aside from that I stock piled a lot of silver 1oz coins for a while when it was running around $15-23 per coin. I should probably start doing that again. I used to figure I could get a few beers at a bar, or throw another silver coin in the safe!
yup gold or silver doesn't matter .. min of $500+ orders only right now

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yup gold or silver doesn't matter .. min of $500+ orders only right now

View attachment 231375
ahh grams, not ounces. those are super small!! But I have thought about picking up 1gram chunks as well just to diversify my pirate chest lol they do cost a bit more than the random silver bullion tho which is why I haven't.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
ahh grams, not ounces. those are super small!! But I have thought about picking up 1gram chunks as well just to diversify my pirate chest lol they do cost a bit more than the random silver bullion tho which is why I haven't.
When I bought my first gram of gold I laughed when I got it. So small.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When I bought my first gram of gold I laughed when I got it. So small.
yeah I mean a silver bullion coin is like... a large 50 cent piece or something, and a gram of gold is 1/28th of that!