sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah pictures or whatever. Just curious what people collect. And I enjoy keeping them pristine for nostalgia lol
I can understand that. For some things that aren't expensive, and I do this for my daughter too, I'd try to get two of things - one to keep in its original packaging and then one to open.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can understand that. For some things that aren't expensive, and I do this for my daughter too, I'd try to get two of things - one to keep in its original packaging and then one to open.
I did that with my two daughters favorite stuffed animals so that they can give it to their kids when they have them lol. But the Pokémon cards are all mine lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Good thread idea. This has the potential to be fun.

I like seeing what other people collect too and always find it cool if I see things that I didn't know were out there.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I did that with my two daughters favorite stuffed animals so that they can give it to their kids when they have them lol. But the Pokémon cards are all mine lol
I've started a small collection of swords and edged weapons. I'll try to take a pic this weekend but I gotta do some overdue cleaning and organizing.

I tried to collect pokemon cards and maintain a deck. I'm jealous. I'd love to tear into some of those packs and see what 3d foil cards are in there!

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've started a small collection of swords and edged weapons. I'll try to take a pic this weekend but I gotta do some overdue cleaning and organizing.
Same on the cleaning. I have a cold steel katana that I love with all my heart.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Same on the cleaning. I have a cold steel katana that I love with all my heart.
Those bastards have taken a few of my hard earned duckets as well. God bless 'em.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nothing wrong with that haha. I collect all sorts of things that I think are cool or neat to me; a lot of which I doubt many other people would be into, but I like them.

And for my daughter, she has high functioning Autism. I adopted her when she was 13 and in her past, she'd had things that she'd liked or gotten attached to that had gotten damaged or thrown away even though people may have known that she was attached to them, so she had a tendency not to open some things I think out of fear of them getting damaged and then being scared they'd get thrown away. So my way of helping her with not having to worry about that was getting her 2 of a lot of things - that way she could have one to keep and one to open. And things she wound up really attached to, sometimes I'd get more if I could so we'd have backups.

Over the years, she's come to know that I don't throw anything away that's important to her. I'm very respectful of her liking or becoming attached to whatever she likes and makes her happy. We have our own area to put especially sentimental things and it may look like a collection of randomness, silly stuff, or junk to some people; but its important to us and I think its super cool.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nothing wrong with that haha. I collect all sorts of things that I think are cool or neat to me; a lot of which I doubt many other people would be into, but I like them.

And for my daughter, she has high functioning Autism. I adopted her when she was 13 and in her past, she'd had things that she'd liked or gotten attached to that had gotten damaged or thrown away even though people may have known that she was attached to them, so she had a tendency not to open some things I think out of fear of them getting damaged and then being scared they'd get thrown away. So my way of helping her with not having to worry about that was getting her 2 of a lot of things - that way she could have one to keep and one to open. And things she wound up really attached to, sometimes I'd get more if I could so we'd have backups.

Over the years, she's come to know that I don't throw anything away that's important to her. I'm very respectful of her liking or becoming attached to whatever she likes and makes her happy. We have our own area to put especially sentimental things and it may look like a collection of randomness, silly stuff, or junk to some people; but its important to us and I think its super cool.
That’s what it’s all about man. 🥳

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I also collect silver and usually add a few ounces every now and then. Got a few of the special edition John wick coins in 1oz silver too! Couldn’t afford the gold one at the time

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm with you all on the needing to clean and organize. My house got so disorganized after my accident from stuff having to be moved around bc of the wheelchair and then not being able to step over stuff and not being able to clean; that's what I've been spending my last few weekends doing myself. At one point, my living room looked like a really wild combination of skeletons for Halloween combined with a massive amount of stuffed animals haha.

I collect so many different things, most of which people probably wouldn't expect - bc I'm pretty much a big kid at heart.

Some things that come to mind right off hand are:

Taz stuff - pretty much anything related to Taz, especially the older stuff.

Rubber Ducks - pretty much any of them, but especially cool and unique ones and vintage ones. I have everything from funny miniature ducks to plant vases that look like rubber ducks to rubber duck decorative towels and 12 inch rubber ducks as decorations in my bathroom.

Coca Cola polar bear stuff - I don't have as much of this as the other stuff.

Boston Scally hats - I like that brand but also just that style in general so I have other brands too.

Funny t-shirts - I like to make people laugh and smile in day to day life so I love funny shirts and things like that. Brand doesn't matter, but I own a ton of Tee turtle funny shirts, as they have a good selection.

Funny note on the rubber ducks is that I drive a Jeep so anyone that drives a Jeep or is familiar with ducking Jeeps can probably imagine how excited I was in 2020 when that became a thing. For people that have no idea what I'm talking about lol, in 2020 during Covid someone put a rubber duck on someone's Jeep and that person did it to another and it wound up becoming a huge thing where a lot of Jeep owners buy rubber ducks, usually miniature ones, and put them on other Jeeps that they like. Some people even order them in bulk and make little cards or notes they attach to them with positive messages or pictures of their own Jeeps. It's pretty cool.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I also collect silver and usually add a few ounces every now and then. Got a few of the special edition John wick coins in 1oz silver too! Couldn’t afford the gold one at the time
That's pretty cool, I didn't know a John Wick coin existed.

Now you have me curious and I'm going to have to go see if I can find one.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ohh i want that john wick coin too .. would be a nice xmas gift for my brother .. gonna look it up.

huge fan of the series.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm with you all on the needing to clean and organize. My house got so disorganized after my accident from stuff having to be moved around bc of the wheelchair and then not being able to step over stuff and not being able to clean; that's what I've been spending my last few weekends doing myself. At one point, my living room looked like a really wild combination of skeletons for Halloween combined with a massive amount of stuffed animals haha.

I collect so many different things, most of which people probably wouldn't expect - bc I'm pretty much a big kid at heart.

Some things that come to mind right off hand are:

Taz stuff - pretty much anything related to Taz, especially the older stuff.

Rubber Ducks - pretty much any of them, but especially cool and unique ones and vintage ones. I have everything from funny miniature ducks to plant vases that look like rubber ducks to rubber duck decorative towels and 12 inch rubber ducks as decorations in my bathroom.

Coca Cola polar bear stuff - I don't have as much of this as the other stuff.

Boston Scally hats - I like that brand but also just that style in general so I have other brands too.

Funny t-shirts - I like to make people laugh and smile in day to day life so I love funny shirts and things like that. Brand doesn't matter, but I own a ton of Tee turtle funny shirts, as they have a good selection.

Funny note on the rubber ducks is that I drive a Jeep so anyone that drives a Jeep or is familiar with ducking Jeeps can probably imagine how excited I was in 2020 when that became a thing. For people that have no idea what I'm talking about lol, in 2020 during Covid someone put a rubber duck on someone's Jeep and that person did it to another and it wound up becoming a huge thing where a lot of Jeep owners buy rubber ducks, usually miniature ones, and put them on other Jeeps that they like. Some people even order them in bulk and make little cards or notes they attach to them with positive messages or pictures of their own Jeeps. It's pretty cool.
Taz like the looney toons guy? I go to six flags constantly and they have a bunch to taz stuff.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Collect sports cards ( mainly just rookies )
some good ones i have .. vince carter, kobe ( not the expensive one ), david robinson, emmit smith.

Now i like to collect things that are graded and hopefully in a decade or 2 .. would be worth $ .. these 2 are my latest purchases.

Gabe Davis signed helmet ..came with psa authentication

Chevy chase signed card .. authentic mint condition
Huge national lampoon fan ..so had to get it once i saw it.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here’s the link to the John wick coin in silver John wick
thanks for sharing .. legit stuff for gold ? like real stuff .. and the price changes often due to gold going up and down ?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah APMEX is a well known trusted site. There is an additional mark up for these because they are John wick tho
thats always good to hear.

the link you posted for the coin, that one doesnt come with case does it ? or do all coins do ?

if it doesn't think ill go with this instead for few dollars more.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Baseball cards and similar stuff. I'm at work so I can't post it now but I've got baseball signed by the Yankees from the 1940s and 50s, my dad's got baseball cards that he gave me that go all the way back to ty Cobb's era. I've got Ken Griffey and Frank Thomas entire collections from their rookie year until sometime in the late 90s. I've got a Nolan Ryan rookie card, Don mattingly rookie card, I actually had a Michael Jordan baseball rookie card I don't know if it's worth anything I got it somewhere and I thought I had a Michael Jordan basketball rookie card but it turned out to be a fake.

Send for some weird reason my mother collects skeleton keys, probably got a box of 500 skeleton keys at the house. She also likes to collect has dispensers the only reason I'm mentioning all these things is because they're all going to be mine so apparently these are things I'll be collecting too LOL.

Oh and lots of old '80s and '90s action figures still in their packaging never opened

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mine did not come with a case
thnks. . just ordered 2 with cases

gonna keep an eye on marvel comics one, would be a nice gift a kid too

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sports cards, comic books, and some CCGs.

I have a large old school magic the gathering collection. There's one box of those cards in my safe, last time I checked the values it was worth over $10k.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don't know jack **** about dungeons & dragons but my son is 14 and plays with a d&d club or something like that. If anyone's got collections of that stuff post some pictures or DM me I'd like to show them to him. I'm reaching out on a limb here because I don't even really know anything about the game I'm assuming there's cards and stuff like magic LOL

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Baseball cards and similar stuff. I'm at work so I can't post it now but I've got baseball signed by the Yankees from the 1940s and 50s, my dad's got baseball cards that he gave me that go all the way back to ty Cobb's era. I've got Ken Griffey and Frank Thomas entire collections from their rookie year until sometime in the late 90s. I've got a Nolan Ryan rookie card, Don mattingly rookie card, I actually had a Michael Jordan baseball rookie card I don't know if it's worth anything I got it somewhere and I thought I had a Michael Jordan basketball rookie card but it turned out to be a fake.

Send for some weird reason my mother collects skeleton keys, probably got a box of 500 skeleton keys at the house. She also likes to collect has dispensers the only reason I'm mentioning all these things is because they're all going to be mine so apparently these are things I'll be collecting too LOL.

Oh and lots of old '80s and '90s action figures still in their packaging never opened
That's cool, I used to collect baseball cards.

That's awesome about the skeleton keys - my daughter loves those and I buy them for her anytime I see them at like an estate sale or yard sale or things like that.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Taz like the looney toons guy? I go to six flags constantly and they have a bunch to taz stuff.
Yes, Taz as in looney toons haha.

I've always loved Taz stuff ever since I was a kid myself.

I haven't been to six flags in forever but I love amusement parks.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That's cool, I used to collect baseball cards.

That's awesome about the skeleton keys - my daughter loves those and I buy them for her anytime I see them at like an estate sale or yard sale or things like that.
Il send you a couple skeleton keys when I send you the Disney Christmas sweatshirt. Remind me about the skeleton keys though or I'll forget

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes, Taz as in looney toons haha.

I've always loved Taz stuff ever since I was a kid myself.

I haven't been to six flags in forever but I love amusement parks.
I go like almost every week (season pass holder and I get food included lol). $80 a month for my family of 4 to go any day they are open and we get 2 meals, a snack, and unlimited drinks every visit

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't know jack **** about dungeons & dragons but my son is 14 and plays with a d&d club or something like that. If anyone's got collections of that stuff post some pictures or DM me I'd like to show them to him. I'm reaching out on a limb here because I don't even really know anything about the game I'm assuming there's cards and stuff like magic LOL
Man I haven’t played Dungeons & Dragons since pre-COVID; my group died off (figuratively) during that lol. I was 12 when I first got into it.

The cards you see from Magic the Gathering are visually themed a lot like D&D (owned by the same company), but D&D is a tabletop game where the group is essentially telling a story over time: one person is the game master & narrates the world, and everyone else play heroes that get to decide what they do in the world & respond to situations. The sword & sorcery combat has rules & is usually expressed with little figurines on the table and you roll dice to see if things succeed or fail, but the game is heavily played out in your imagination.

I had a huge collection of little figurines I gave away a decade ago, but I wish I still had them now!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When I was little, I collected Pokémon cards, beanie babies, and Spawn action figures. I always liked swords and had a few as a pre-teen; something alluring about a big sculpted blade or beautiful knife.

I still think Spawn is really cool, but I don’t collect anything now.

Dick-Hertz

Dick-Hertz

Awards
For decades I collected vintage iron-game items. Barbells, dumbbells, books, Mags, etc.
A few years ago I decided to downsize and sell-off a ton of it. I don't want my family dealing with it if anything happens to me.

An example is attached (small sample) I had a house and gym full.

Attachments

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff!
I love Chevy Chase in caddyshack, best movie ever. Thank you very little!

Hyde I was listening to Joe Rogan the other day and he said they are canceling magic the gathering due to racism. After looking into it, I guess some spells or weapons only work on certain skin colors. I don't play the game but I used to play mmorpg that are of that genre, love that ****.

I like old golf clubs, putters.
Old scotty Cameron putters.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
When I was little, I collected Pokémon cards, beanie babies, and Spawn action figures. I always liked swords and had a few as a pre-teen; something alluring about a big sculpted blade or beautiful knife.

I still think Spawn is really cool, but I don’t collect anything now.
I still got some of those small action figures, I also used to collect Pokemon cards in middle school and I had full of them but I gave them all away to my nieces and nephews when I was around 20, no clue if they still have them or not

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Il send you a couple skeleton keys when I send you the Disney Christmas sweatshirt. Remind me about the skeleton keys though or I'll forget
Thank you. She'd love that.

For Halloween, we got a big 7 foot skeleton in the house and found this huge set of plastic Halloween skeleton keys so we bought them and he's holding them - a huge skeleton holding a huge set of skeleton keys haha.

That would actually be another thing to add that we collect - unique and funny Halloween decorations. Her and I both love Halloween so we go all out for it. If I ever have free time again, I have some really cool stuff that I want to make too.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

For Halloween, we got a big 7 foot skeleton in the house and found this huge set of plastic Halloween skeleton keys so we bought them and he's holding them - a huge skeleton holding a huge set of skeleton keys haha.

That would actually be another thing to add that we collect - unique and funny Halloween decorations. Her and I both love Halloween so we go all out for it. If I ever have free time again, I have some really cool stuff that I want to make too.
I recently did some work for a guy (a family) that has a 25-30 foot skeleton.
He has enough Halloween stuff to totally fill a one car garage.
.... I'd say he "collects" Halloween stuff .... Even though he uses it

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hyde I was listening to Joe Rogan the other day and he said they are canceling magic the gathering due to racism. After looking into it, I guess some spells or weapons only work on certain skin colors. I don't play the game but I used to play mmorpg that are of that genre, love that ****.
The game is literally based around 5 colors ideologically (blue, red, green, white, black).

If some people don’t have real problems to offend them, they’ll find a way to manufacture them because their first world privileged lives are too soft

9 is good man, I would say probably more than average
That’s what she said!

Did I tell you about my toddler’s obsession with Halloween decorations? For the month prior to Halloween, we would have to take walks around the neighborhood to stop and stand in front of people’s houses just to stare at decorations. He would get mad if we tried to go to the park and scream “Spooky!!!” begging to go back to decorated houses

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Did I tell you about my toddler’s obsession with Halloween decorations? For the month prior to Halloween, we would have to take walks around the neighborhood to stop and stand in front of people’s houses just to stare at decorations. He would get mad if we tried to go to the park and scream “Spooky!!!” begging to go back to decorated houses
No, you didn't tell me about that. That's awesome haha.

We love to go looking at decorations and to haunted houses. Have you seen the huge 12 foot skeletons that people get from Home Depot that have been so popular for the last couple years? They're super hard to get bc they stay sold out and when they do a release on them, they'll put a few hundred online unannounced and will sell out in minutes. We were lucky enough to get a couple of them and had 2 - 12 foot skeletons outside the office for Halloween haha.

SSJ4GOD

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
this is my favorite pack. Note that it only contains 2 cards. If you know you know….if you don’t, look at eBay lol 😂. I actually might have to sell off my collection soon. Truck needs new tires all around and some other stuff. Life happens lol

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Man I haven’t played Dungeons & Dragons since pre-COVID; my group died off (figuratively) during that lol. I was 12 when I first got into it.

The cards you see from Magic the Gathering are visually themed a lot like D&D (owned by the same company), but D&D is a tabletop game where the group is essentially telling a story over time: one person is the game master & narrates the world, and everyone else play heroes that get to decide what they do in the world & respond to situations. The sword & sorcery combat has rules & is usually expressed with little figurines on the table and you roll dice to see if things succeed or fail, but the game is heavily played out in your imagination.

I had a huge collection of little figurines I gave away a decade ago, but I wish I still had them now!
I have a huge collection of D&D books, in addition to other tabletop RPGs, but unfortunately they are all at my brother's house (where we used to play pre-covid).

We still play, but we just moved the game to an online tabletop simulator and do voice chat over discord. It's actually more convenient that way. My wife plays w us and has since before we got married.

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
We actually have our weekly game night tonight, starts in about 90 minutes. I'm still doing leg day, trying to get this done in time to shower and eat before we have to log on.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We actually have our weekly game night tonight, starts in about 90 minutes. I'm still doing leg day, trying to get this done in time to shower and eat before we have to log on.
Sounds like something the DM would do