GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If so wondering which form .. anything but oxide, i would be interested in feedback.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use Magnesium Creatine Chelate around my workouts and some in a multi.

During the summer and if training volume is really high I do keep a tub Swanson Dimagnesium Malate in case I feel I need more.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

During the summer and if training volume is really high I do keep a tub Swanson Dimagnesium Malate in case I feel I need more.

researched quite a bit today .. and yeah seems like malate is great for building muscle .. and orotate will provide a pre workout energy

i will look into malate & glycinate seems to be the best abosorption

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Do you ever experience gastrointestinal issues from using that amount?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you ever experience gastrointestinal issues from using that amount?
Currently getting 160mg from the MCC on workout days and only 100mg from current Multi.

When I add extra its usually only 200mg (half a scoop of the Swanson powder).

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take Super Magnesium from a Swedish brand called Great Earth every day before bed.
(I translated this from Swedish so there might be some wording errors lol)

Super Magnesium 375 mg is designed with Great Earth's Portamins mineral transport system for optimal absorption of minerals in the gastrointestinal tract. Portamins consists of easily soluble and easily absorbable mineral forms such as citrate, gluconate, ascorbate, malate, succinate and amino acid chelates. Amino acids help transport the minerals into the cells.

Super Magnesium 375 mg in tablet form also contains turmeric extract, vitamin B6 and black pepper extract BioPerine.

Magnesium (oxide, bisglycinate, citrate, gluconate, ascorbate, succinate, malate) - 375 mg
Turmeric extract (of which curcuminoids 10 mg) - 10.5 mg
Black pepper extract (Bioperine®) (of which piperine 4.75 mg) - 5 mg
Vitamin B6 - 1.5 mg

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I use magnesium glycinate powder. About 800mg worth of Mag before bed. No stomach discomfort. No Charley horses.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use magnesium glycinate powder. About 800mg worth of Mag before bed. No stomach discomfort. No Charley horses.
Do you take 800 mg of magnesium glycinate or are you calculating that you take 800 mg of magnesium? 800 mg of magnesium glycinate will only be a little over 100 mg of magnesium.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Awesome thanks fellas .. ima introduce glycinate to start with .. these cramps from lack of mag are painful and heard that knocks it off pretty good.

possibly might introduce malate and threonate( neuro benefits)

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you take 800 mg of magnesium glycinate or are you calculating that you take 800 mg of magnesium? 800 mg of magnesium glycinate will only be a little over 100 mg of magnesium.
800 magnesium from the mag glycinate combo

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1,600mg of Swanson's tri-blend, to help with my idiopathic constipation.

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is what I use. 400mg elemental magnesium pre-bed. Not only is the magnesium good pre-bed, but so is the Glycine.
You need 3-5g of Glycine for sleep benefits though.

I use Magnesium Taurate. Plenty of benefits from Taurine, 2 birds one stone.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You're getting about that much glycine if using 400 mg of the now foods brand magnesium biglycinate tablets (also sourced from Albion and they don't also use magnesium lycinate like the doctors best brand).

Last edited:

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like trace mineral drops because you are getting a slew of different trace minerals including more mag. Otherwise just keep eating the dark green veggies, raw cocoa, nuts etc.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lol...I like to add Epsom salt to bath water.

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're getting about that much glycine if using 400 mg of the now foods brand magnesium biglycinate tablets (also sourced from Albion and they don't also use magnesium lycinate like the doctors best brand).
Didnt know it contained that much glycine. Gonna give it a try once im done with Mag T.

determination

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take a couple of grams of magnesium glycinate every night before I go to bed. No digestive issues and it I usually get a solid night of sleep.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

You get close to that. 400mg elemental Magnesium is from 4000mg Glycinate Lysinate. Certainly not perfect, but getting a good amount.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
800 magnesium from the mag glycinate combo
Holy smokes, that’s a lot of magnesium. What brand are you using? I use 4 caps of Pure Encapsulations Mag Glycinate which provides 480mg elemental magnesium.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I did for a while. I stopped for a while as I didn’t feel any different.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I did for a while. I stopped for a while as I didn’t feel any different.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Holy smokes, that’s a lot of magnesium. What brand are you using? I use 4 caps of Pure Encapsulations Mag Glycinate which provides 480mg elemental magnesium.
Nutricost powder

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Curious if anyone has had this side effect because I can not find anyone that has a similar experience. Every time I take magnesium, glycinate, l threonate, sucrosomial, whatever it may be I get a pretty significant headache. If I take before bed I wake the next day with a pounding migraine I can’t get rid of. Anyone have a similar experience or any idea why? Sorry to hijack the thread here

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Curious if anyone has had this side effect because I can not find anyone that has a similar experience. Every time I take magnesium, glycinate, l threonate, sucrosomial, whatever it may be I get a pretty significant headache. If I take before bed I wake the next day with a pounding migraine I can’t get rid of. Anyone have a similar experience or any idea why? Sorry to hijack the thread here
Nope.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I've experienced that. I just assumed it was due to a large drop in blood pressure, or increased blood flow to the brain (especially if using magnesium l-threonate or sucrosomial magnesium), but I'm not really sure. I've found taking more moderate doses and with a small snack eliminates the problem.

PhoenixGamer

Awards
Transdermal application of Magnesium is the best way. It's what makes epsom salt soaks so effective. I do not recommend Epsom salt though as it is Magnesium Sulfate. I recommend topical Magnesium Chloride. Designs for Health or Life-Flo Magnesium Gel are excellent brands.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I get most of my magnesium in supplemental from from Magnesium Creatine Chelate.

I have tried a few different types like Threonate but never seemed to see any difference with them like some people say they do.