Any1 noticed any side effects from Ashwagandha ksm-66?

Zariph

Awards
Hello

I ordered some KSM-66 since I see a lot of ppl really enjoy it. Now some guys I know have experienced bad side effects with this. Also they said that it impacts thyroid in a negative way? Is this true?

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What type of side effects have they experienced? I'm on it almost almost every day of the year at 600mg. Never had any issues

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What type of side effects have they experienced? I'm on it almost almost every day day at 600mg. Never had any issues
Curious also...been using it 5-6 days a week for maybe the last 9 months and never noticed any side effects

Zariph

Awards
the sides they experienced was

anxiety(i know its supposed to help with this)
Dizzinez and numbness in hands etc
cant remember them all but thats a few...

I have never used ksm66 but looking forward to it, so hopefully i wont experience these sides

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's one of the safest supplements you can take and offers a great amount of benefits. The side effects listed are like me saying that I ate carrots and now I drive faster. Highly unlikely to be related, but noted because someone mentioned it.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm surprised that people are saying it caused anxiety. It *should* cause a decrease in anxiety, cortisol, and stress.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm surprised that people are saying it caused anxiety. It *should* cause a decrease in anxiety, cortisol, and stress.
Yeah this is exactly what I have noticed from taking it ( Less stress, lower anxiety, temper has been way dialed back) but want to say that everyone really is different and different things affect people in different ways. I think there will always be outliers

ws65

ws65

Awards
  • Established
Taking 600-800mg a day for over a year...no sides at all.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
Zero sides here, and I'm generally prone to sides on a lot of stuff. Love KSM66

Zariph

Awards
Thx for all the replies! As a first time user , how would you dose it?

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I'm a first time user - been on it a few days since starting PES Tru Multi, which has 600mg per serving. I take it all with my dinner, around 8-8:30 p.m. I've been noticing better sleep

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Best supp when dieting, keeps anxiety down, and your not as cranky. Helps me sleep through the night so I don't sleep walk to the pantry and eating a whole jar of peanut butter :)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
im on CEL mtest @695mg/daily and no side effects

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Best supp when dieting, keeps anxiety down, and your not as cranky. Helps me sleep through the night so I don't sleep walk to the pantry and eating a whole jar of peanut butter :)
thats a horrible side effect lol

DCx

Awards
I'm like the only one thats experienced this. Ive tried it 2-3 times, with breaks in between to see if the results would repeat.

The first few weeks of beginning ashwagandha this is what I get:
But MASSIVE mood swings, depression, feeling of worthlessness, etc. It screwed with me.

Benefits: none whatsoever. Didn't help me with sleep, didn't lower anxiety, nothing.

-Damon

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hello

I ordered some KSM-66 since I see a lot of ppl really enjoy it. Now some guys I know have experienced bad side effects with this. Also they said that it impacts thyroid in a negative way? Is this true?
You should not worry about sides at all.
There are some people experiencing drowsiness while on Ashwagandha.
1.for some , Ashwagandha may be very sedative
2.their Cortistol is "low" and Ashwagandha could make it worse.

If you experience drowsiness and very fatigued thru the day after 1-2 weeks on , then you should stop using it

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm like the only one thats experienced this. Ive tried it 2-3 times, with breaks in between to see if the results would repeat.

But MASSIVE mood swings, depression, feeling of worthlessness, etc. It screwed with me.

Benefits: none whatsoever. Didn't help me with sleep, didn't lower anxiety, nothing.

-Damon
What was your dose ?

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
so ashwaganda should be taken at night?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You should not be suprised at all.
Ashwagandha is potent at reducing cortisol and people with "lower range Cortisol" should definitely avoid cortisol decreasing compounds. Having High and Low cortisol levels will give almost same symptoms such as anxiety, irritability, mood swings, memory issues, insomnia ++

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I never really got anything out of it. Even at higher dosages

Zariph

Awards

-Damon
This is also what I heard some ppl saying. Thx for tuning in

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When never tried ksm.-66 how would you dose it?
I personaly would just take one dose in the morning or in the evening. It depends on how you respond to it. If you get sedative effect from it , it may be better to dose it in the evening

Zariph

Awards
I personaly would just take one dose in the morning or in the evening. It depends on how you respond to it. If you get sedative effect from it , it may be better to dose it in the evening
okay so maybe start just 300mg in the evening? Will I get any benifits with such a small dose?

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Def. very sedative for me...I notice it almost within 20 min of taking it, no way it's placebo. No other sides like what I've seen in this thread like massive mood swings, etc.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Def. very sedative for me...I notice it almost within 20 min of taking it, no way it's placebo. No other sides like what I've seen in this thread like massive mood swings, etc.
Couple of my friends had same sedatihe effect.

danielmoo

danielmoo

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking 600mg (split doses) every day for quite some time. Can't recall any noticeable side effects so far.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
anyone get any acid reflux or stomach issues??

started using ashawaghanda a week ago feel like it will help with coritsol levels

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
anyone get any acid reflux or stomach issues??

started using ashawaghanda a week ago feel like it will help with coritsol levels
I personally never had but I then again I pretty much have an iron stomach so not the best judge lol

BIOdynamik

Awards
How can ashwagandha affect thyroid in a negative way?
It is hard to understand how adaptogens work but we know that they are really effective at balancing hormones
(whether your hormone levels are high or low).
So the good part is ashwagandha can help anyone with both hypo and hyper thyroid issues.
You can find online some studies done on mice regarding this. I remember reading it last year.

Jessterlx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I've noticed that when I take KSM-66 at night I feel lethargic when trying to wake up in the morning. Not a good thing when you lift before work. I'm going to try one capsule in the morning and see if the waking lethargy goes away. I'll update in about a week.

Update: Taking it in the morning made me lethargic during the day also (I should have known). Maybe taking half of one capsule at night will allow for a good night's sleep without lethargy upon waking. Just what every lifter needs. I think KSM-66 deserves more self testing because I did not notice anything from regular Ashwaghanda.

Last edited:
toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I've noticed that when I take KSM-66 at night I feel lethargic when trying to wake up in the morning. Not a good thing when you lift before work. I'm going to try one capsule in the morning and see if the waking lethargy goes away. I'll update in about a week.
Same here, made me lethargic and killed any motivation to do stuff. I stopped taking it and was back to normal within a day. KSM-66 is just not for me.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well, this will be fun to talk about. Everytime i try Ashwagandha i get the same side effect. My balls start aching, in particular my left nut. The first time I thought something serious was going on, so I stopped all supps to see if they were the cause. After a couple of days it was back to normal.

Then i added one and one back in, and BAM with Ashwagandha it came right back. It aches and gets extremely sensitive, so if i wear a tight pair of jeans, forget about it. And if the missus wants to go down town, well you can imagine. So yeah, no more Ashwagandha for me!

I have tried several times to re-introduce it but the results are the same each time. I have no explanation, but the obvious thing seems to be stop taking it!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good thread .. i don’t get these sides from it instead the opposite but can see affecting others

Good news is that y’all have figured out .. it took me a while to find out about forskolin

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Yeah a side effect is being able to speak to people way easier lol

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
ksm66 calms (it does not cause anxiety).
It motivates me and stop my minding from running on - so I can focus.
I use it primary for anxiety and adrenal support.
I have used it for months straight and never noticed anything else.