Any tips for not being knackered all the time?

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Any tips for not being so tired all the time? I cant be the only one working out 6 days a week

Ive tried ZMA which leaves me sluggish next day
I take magnesium every night anyway.

Im trying various t-boosters for get up and go, take creatine daily for energy release, couple of strong coffees in the morning dont do anything. IVe got carbs on hand as and when for workout eergy, bcaas and protein I eat/drink through the day with some carbs for energy so i dont go low-carb sluggish. IVe tried ginseng, multi vits b vits, liver cleansers, probiotics, sleep nose strips for apnia, i just feel sooo tired.

What do you do/take to keep from falling asleep at your desk?

ZLB70

ZLB70

Awards
Are you eating enough? Also I’ve read people have pretty good results for sleep from using mouth tape. Might be worth a try

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
try red light therapy in your room as you sleep and also 4hz beats really helps me sleep too...

Reactions: oli

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear ya, I get up early and train. I work for myself so I try to be done around 2 when my morning caffeine burns off. My soon to be ex wife always tells my kids I'm a bumb because I fall asleep during the day.
Gotta love self being self employed.

Make sure the sleep you get is good.

blynch1

blynch1

Awards
  • Established
Best thing I’ve done to date for being constantly exhausted was going to the Dr, which through blood work showed my T was pretty damn low for my age after doing a few runs with PH’s. Got thrown on TRT and started my first dose this week and feeling way better honestly; be it placebo or not.

Have you ran any cycles in the past? How’s your T levels? I’ve tried numerous natty T boosters with no luck. My ass could fall asleep standing up on DMZ lol

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I’d be the first to tell you to look into all sorts of avenues before supplements (altering training, diet, sleep patterns, etc) and we could maybe go over that to try and find something that can help, but from a supplement standpoint SNS Anabolic XT basically does helps this for me. It definitely does so many other things in terms of workout performance and body comp, but it always seems to boost my “vitality” and I just feel more energized in general with use.

Otherwise things like finding the right balance of carbs and fats in your caloric boundaries can help (I personally do a bit better on higher carb ratio compared to fats or I also get more “tired”).

I hear ya, I get up early and train. I work for myself so I try to be done around 2 when my morning caffeine burns off. My soon to be ex wife always tells my kids I'm a bumb because I fall asleep during the day.
Gotta love self being self employed.

Make sure the sleep you get is good.
Same man (not the bum part sorry about that but the sleep part and schedule). I usually work a pretty split day and I try to plan a small nap around 1-2 before I have to work again.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
6 days a week may just be too much for you. You could try cutting back to 3 or 4 days a week and see how that goes.

Otherwise, I’d try to focus on sleep.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I second the thought of exhausting all avenues before drugs.

I was a mess about ten years ago, was supposed to use cpap. Lost the weight, got my reflux under control, started training early morning, run, and cleaned up my sleep habits.

No cpap and now I'm in the best shape sleep like a baby. That is about the time dr put me on trt also. I was falling asleep at traffic lights.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I second the thought of exhausting all avenues before drugs.

I was a mess about ten years ago, was supposed to use cpap. Lost the weight, got my reflux under control, started training early morning, run, and cleaned up my sleep habits.

No cpap and now I'm in the best shape sleep like a baby. That is about the time dr put me on trt also. I was falling asleep at traffic lights.
Same here. I also fell asleep in the drive through with the server yelling at me trying to had me my food. I also woke up once on a single lane hiway going the wrong direction with a granite wall on one side and a large fast moving river on the other going about 60 MPH, THANK GOD I woke up in time to avoid what would have been a lethal accident for all involved.

OP get checked for apnea, I have an RT degree and no nasal strip is going to treat legit sleep apnea.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can relate. I have really been prioritizing sleep the past year. I'm fortunate enough that I can workout at lunch. So I cut off my caffeine by noon. I start the morning with 100-200 mg caffeine then my PWO a few hours later. If I have light work in the morning, I try to forgo the morning caffeine. I got a Fitbit last year and found out I was getting next no deep sleep. I now take an extended release melatonin pill every other day. No caffeine after noon and the melatonin has really helped me get the restorative sleep I need. Let it be known that I'm completely wiped by 9 pm. Best of luck bro.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
If your getting enough food, water and sleep, then it sounds like your training too much or too intense "all the time"? Do you change up intensity, exercises etc.. or are you always pushing for more weight, reps, cardio time whatever?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Any tips for not being so tired all the time? I cant be the only one working out 6 days a week

Im trying various t-boosters for get up and go, take creatine daily for energy release, couple of strong coffees in the morning dont do anything. IVe got carbs on hand as and when for workout eergy, bcaas and protein I eat/drink through the day with some carbs for energy so i dont go low-carb sluggish. IVe tried ginseng, multi vits b vits, liver cleansers, probiotics, sleep nose strips for apnia, i just feel sooo tired.

I had a answer at first but then I realized you work a desk job. I work out 5-6 days a week, most days lifting but I do some boxing and grappling too, whole different level of cardio and cns stress on top of construction work and I don't feel like I'm overtraining most of the time, I rarely think k overtraining is the problem unless someone is eating very low calories and not sleeping, (I don't sleep much honestly either).

But working manual labor makes you have to be alert. It's when I have to take long rides or do work from home on the computer that I get tired and honestly I just think sitting around makes people tired. I know I'm probably not capable of working from a desk all day, I'd definitely fall asleep. I actually had to spend about 4 hours at a desk filling out a few tests and respond to a few emails and I was nodding off the whole time.

If you work from home I would suggest just getting up and moving around every so often but I don't have much more to offer. I just know I'm usually more tired on my slow days then when I'm lugging around heavy **** or working on a remodle or something like that. My girlfriend works on the computer from home and she always seems tired and low energy. I think unless you LOVE your desk job, a desk job just becomes mentally draining. I honestly wish I could work a less physical job and do a more work from home but I don't think I'm capable.

Sometimes I gotta do outages at a power plant, on paper it's super easy, you work 10 hrs a day but most of the day (like 6 hours of it) your on standby or sitting at a computer and the hardest part is staying awake

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, lots to consider, different angles

Yep, office job but the days can fly by some days, others not so, i work two jobs in parallel to up my earnings, it can wipe me out - my training has gone to 6 days from 2-3 times a week so its something new, i just find it so easy to procrastinate I have to really force myself to do things else ill not and I wasnt making any progress on just 2-3 days.

T levels, yep 7 nmol last time i had them checked, but docs are so crap here they dont understand the effects and need forT balance, they just slap you on gel and then take you off when your values change or you need to give blood!

I think im eating enough, i must be as im gaining weight not losing, good mix of carbs protein and fats but i may eed to reign in the carbs

I may look into a better routine but im wiped by 9pm daily so bedtime is always plenty of sleep, i do snore so maybe thats a factor too... earplugs are a must else i cant sleep through due to family/road noise

I guess Ill keep an eye on it and my fitness levels as i get used to the new routines, i guess thats quite a factor too.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks, lots to consider, different angles

Yep, office job but the days can fly by some days, others not so, i work two jobs in parallel to up my earnings, it can wipe me out - my training has gone to 6 days from 2-3 times a week so its something new, i just find it so easy to procrastinate I have to really force myself to do things else ill not and I wasnt making any progress on just 2-3 days.

T levels, yep 7 nmol last time i had them checked, but docs are so crap here they dont understand the effects and need forT balance, they just slap you on gel and then take you off when your values change or you need to give blood!

I think im eating enough, i must be as im gaining weight not losing, good mix of carbs protein and fats but i may eed to reign in the carbs

I may look into a better routine but im wiped by 9pm daily so bedtime is always plenty of sleep, i do snore so maybe thats a factor too... earplugs are a must else i cant sleep through due to family/road noise

I guess Ill keep an eye on it and my fitness levels as i get used to the new routines, i guess thats quite a factor too.
If your only training 2-3× a week I highly suggest a full body routine that revolves around a few basic lifts. I have a nice easy to follow 3 day split I can post after work if you remind me

Toff

Awards
  • Established
This is an average workout, going up the weights each level
Different workout per day obv. one rest day

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t think you need more training days.
I think you need more intensity/effort on the days you do lift.

For example, that deadlift scheme…
I’d warmup according to what my working set(s) would be…and do a 3 x 3 or 3 x 5 (with a complete dead stop at the bottom of each rep.) …Or, I’d work up to a one rep max and move on with my seesion.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I'd have to know a hell of a lot more about you before I could even fathom a guess.
Age? How long have you been lifting?
how heavy are those lifts? how much do you weigh?
what climate do you live in ?
Are you getting 8hrs?
What exactly is your nutrition?
What time do you lift vs your work schedule?

I'd recommend starting a full training log here on the forum.

and when you do, share the link here.
I want to know what you are eating and when you are eating it and I want to know if you're doing 15 reps of deadlifts what weight it is compared to what your 1rm is.

desk jobs can be draining. when I need 100% brain capacity I have to get in the zone, shut my office door, turn on music and focus. But poor nutrition (even when we think it's great) can be a hindrance too, IMO.

personally, living in the pacific northwest, I only need half the calories for twice the energy during the summer. during winter, nothing replaces vitamin D.