Daily injections with same syringe? (Still swapping needle tips)

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I’m doing daily L carnitine injections. Am I able to reuse my 3ML syringes a few times as long as I’m still using new needle tips? Or should I swap them every time.

Going through a syringe every day seems kinda crazy to me

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m doing daily L carnitine injections. Am I able to reuse my 3ML syringes a few times as long as I’m still using new needle tips? Or should I swap them every time.

I order mine in sets ....
Barells, pins, and pads.

The last time, they sent me a good many extra pins (and I have plenty of pads).
... I could've opted to reuse barells, and not have to order for quite a while, but I opted to reorder the sets, instead.

That was My choice.
(y):)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Any money you save over time on some cheap plastic barrels will be blown out of your wallet (& then some) the moment you need to go to the doctor just once for antibiotics from an infection - nevermind your time & risking an actual complication.

Syringes are cheap. Gear is replaceable. You only get one body forever, so pay what it costs to prioritize that.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Any money you save over time on some cheap plastic barrels will be blown out of your wallet (& then some) the moment you need to go to the doctor just once for antibiotics from an infection - nevermind your time & risking an actual complication.

Syringes are cheap. Gear is replaceable. You only get one body forever, so pay what it costs to prioritize that.
We get free health care over here in Canada haha!

All jokes aside you’re right I’ll probably
Just stack up on syringes. 30 barrels cost me about $20 Canadian over here. So we are taking about $20 a month for syringes just to run LCAR full time plus about $90 every 20 days for the compound

That’s about $130 give or take a month for injectable LCAR at 500mg/ml including barrels / tips

Hoping it’s good enough for it to be worth it

1 week of antibiotics (in the case that does happen) costs me $2 out of pocket. Doctor appointments are free

I know it sounds crazy to gamble like that and it probably is.

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Just stack up on syringes. 30 barrels cost me about $20 Canadian over here. So we are taking about $20 a month for syringes just to run LCAR full time plus about $90 every 20 days for the compound

That’s about $130 give or take a month for injectable LCAR at 500mg/ml including barrels / tips

1 week of antibiotics (in the case that does happen) costs me $2 out of pocket. Doctor appointments are free

Can you order syringes from anywhere, or are they controlled in Canada?

NattyBeast

NattyBeast

Awards
  • Established

20$ for 30 syringes? How expensive is it up there. Here in Greece, barrels cost around 8-10 cents each with a needle, and extra needles are 5 cents. With 20 euros I can have enough syringes to run 2 3 cycles a year plus trt, and probably save some for next year

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Can you order syringes from anywhere, or are they controlled in Canada?
Controlled. Unless I go to a safe injection clinic for heroin addicts but they’re a bit dicey and only give in smaller quantities. I don’t want to go often lol

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
20$ for 30 syringes? How expensive is it up there. Here in Greece, barrels cost around 8-10 cents each with a needle, and extra needles are 5 cents. With 20 euros I can have enough syringes to run 2 3 cycles a year plus trt, and probably save some for next year
Not us! If any other Canadians have better options please lmk

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I would just buy a 100 pack of 28g 1/2in slin pins. I draw and inject with them and chuck it. Its like $25 usd, not sure up yiur way

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
idk... if u loaded a 3 ml syringe and inject 1 ml followed by a needle swap then repeated it seems fairly safe. going through all the normal safety procedures otherwise of course.

surely when they used to make preloaded items, they didn't expect everyone to shoot the entire thing at a time. some people are prescribed different amounts than what comes in something like sus 250 for example.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
idk... if u loaded a 3 ml syringe and inject 1 ml followed by a needle swap then repeated it seems fairly safe. going through all the normal safety procedures otherwise of course.

surely when they used to make preloaded items, they didn't expect everyone to shoot the entire thing at a time. some people are prescribed different amounts than what comes in something like sus 250 for example.
Ive done that a few times. I never knew if it was a good idea or not. But I never had any problems with it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Not bad.

I’ve never drawn and pinned with the same needle tip before. I have SubQ but not IM
I do 90% of my shots IM with slin pins, glutes i normally use a 1in or 1.5. But delts, pecs, outter thighs i all do slin pins

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How much carnitine are you taking that you need more than 500mg/day?

Like Smont said, use slinpins with a larger gauge needle. I prefer 28g for my carnitine, and I can get a 1/2” to hit muscle in every site but glutes.

Also, you’re overpaying for L-Carn. Might be time to consider brewing it yourself if you can’t find a better maker.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How much carnitine are you taking that you need more than 500mg/day?

Like Smont said, use slinpins with a larger gauge needle. I prefer 28g for my carnitine, and I can get a 1/2” to hit muscle in every site but glutes.

Also, you’re overpaying for L-Carn. Might be time to consider brewing it yourself if you can’t find a better maker.
Hes taking 250-500 i think. But he has the 3cc barrels on hand and there expensive his way, but the needles arent too pricy so he was thinking He would reuse the barrel multiple days in a row with just new needles on top.

At least that's the way that I was understanding it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
By the way, i think that is doable. You could do it how rippy said too. Load 3cc, take 1cc and I would wipe the needle with rubbing alcohol and cap it. (Not reuse it).

Then the next do i would swap a new tip and pin 1cc. Wipe the needle with rubbing alcohol and cap it.

Day 3 put on a new tip and repeat. But by the third day I'd probably chuck the barrel.

I'd still rather just use slin pins

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
By the way, i think that is doable. You could do it how rippy said too. Load 3cc, take 1cc and I would wipe the needle with rubbing alcohol and cap it. (Not reuse it).

Then the next do i would swap a new tip and pin 1cc. Wipe the needle with rubbing alcohol and cap it.

Day 3 put on a new tip and repeat. But by the third day I'd probably chuck the barrel.

I'd still rather just use slin pins
Do you just do L Carn injections on training days? Or even on rest days?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
We've had this conversation like four times🤣

Ive tried every way, ive probably used 10 bottles in the last 2 years.

Every day works best.
More is better up to about 2000mg a day but tje difference between 1200 and 2000 is miniscule and 500 works fine so i do 5x week on training days. 4-5 days is probably the minium.

The less often you use it the more pointless it is.

But- 200mg a day 4-5x week still has some benifits. And the more you use, the more benefits you get up until that wall of diminishing returns wherever that may be for you.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
We've had this conversation like four times

Ive tried every way, ive probably used 10 bottles in the last 2 years.

Every day works best.
More is better up to about 2000mg a day but tje difference between 1200 and 2000 is miniscule and 500 works fine so i do 5x week on training days. 4-5 days is probably the minium.

The less often you use it the more pointless it is.

But- 200mg a day 4-5x week still has some benifits. And the more you use, the more benefits you get up until that wall of diminishing returns wherever that may be for you.
If ur saying every day is best than why do u just do 5x a week on training days? I think that’s what I’m confused about haha

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Its far from "free" and it seems like a ****-show. My wife types medical records for a Thunder-Bay hospital.
"Illegals first" seems to be their motto in Libturd Canada...
Well yeah definitely not free. It’s washed out in the taxes we are obligated to pay anyway. I’m just saying I’m not out of pocket the same way I am with syringes

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If ur saying every day is best than why do u just do 5x a week on training days? I think that’s what I’m confused about haha
A thousand milligrams of testosterone works better for me than my trt 150mg.

Should I take a thousand milligrams of testosterone everyday?

Maybe a thousand milligrams a week all year round.

Or do you think maybe it makes more sense for you to use what you need to use, when you need to use it....

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Also theres a convience factor.

My hormone levels are nice and even When I split my injections up into a smaller injection every single day of the week to get my trt dose in. What's sticking a needle in your ass 7-14x a week gets old fast. So sometimes i take bigger doses more frequently.

This all just seems like sooooo much worry and confusion for something thats so simple to use.

Safty profile..... I'd feel a hundred percent confident in the safety of injecting it into my children. Don't take that out of context, I'm not injecting anything into my children lol.

L-carn. Needs to be pinned somewhere between 4-7 days a week To get the benefits that our "cohort' (stealing big pauls favorite word lol,) is looking for.

Approx 200-2000mg a day.

To speed up its action take it with a small amount of simple carbs, or a small amount of insulin, or some eaas.

Take it pre workout If that's the way it's best suited for you to use it.

Take the dose that's best suited for what you wanna do.

Do the frequency that's best suited to your goals and your convenience.

It's just an amino acid, It's like 99.9% fool proof