Any sides or danger with taking Nolva long-term?

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doctor prescribed Nolvadex for 6 months to help deal with some gyno.
-Any long-term sides I should be worried about from taking it for this long? Don't want it to mess up my hormones or libido. Normally the most I'd ever use nolva is 5-6 weeks during a pct.

Quick background:
Dealing with a lump in my left nipple. Been reoccurring on and off for the past couple years. The usual remedy is nolva/asin for about a month, then I discontinue. Bloodwork is all normal range. My last anabolic cycle was 2018. Lump is small but solid. I think it may be there permanently.

Last edited:
Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t heard of such a long Nolvadex treatment other than for breast cancer patients. What dosage have you been prescribed?

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Other than lowering your Igf levels in blood, it shouldn't have any negative sides. Also, it MIGHT possibly raise your test levels for a bit

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t heard of such a long Nolvadex treatment other than for breast cancer patients. What dosage have you been prescribed?
He told me to start with 10mg/day for the first few weeks. If no improvement to increase to 20.

I'm over 2 weeks in so far. The flaring went down some, but the lump remains. I think it's permanent seeing as I've had it on and off for about 2 years now.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
He told me to start with 10mg/day for the first few weeks. If no improvement to increase to 20.

I'm over 2 weeks in so far. The flaring went down some, but the lump remains. I think it's permanent seeing as I've had it on and off for about 2 years now.
Gyno will take months to resolve if it’s going to. A lot of guys never run the appropriate Serms consistently or long enough to see results. I myself am guilty of taking something a week or two and going meh it doesn’t work. Give it time my friend. If no noticeable reduction in 3 months I would personally stop but obviously consult your doc

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gyno will take months to resolve if it’s going to. A lot of guys never run the appropriate Serms consistently or long enough to see results. I myself am guilty of taking something a week or two and going meh it doesn’t work. Give it time my friend. If no noticeable reduction in 3 months I would personally stop but obviously consult your doc
Yea. I just know that no one takes nolva for more than 6 weeks at a time, so I'm a bit worried about 6 months and messing up my hormones.

If this doesn't work, my and the doctor discussed gyno removal surgery.

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Doctors prescribe Nolva even for a year to treat gyno, so I guess it's fairly safe.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is normal. However ask your doctor if he can prescribe Raloxifene. It's better for gyno and has less sides.