any nurses or nursing students?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
we have a few apps we have to have. i have most on my phone but i was wondering if any of you use an iTouch or some other device other than your phone during clinical. The reason im asking is because it seems like it would be a hassle to carry your phone and your iTouch on you at the same time.....any advice is appreciated.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
we have a few apps we have to have. i have most on my phone but i was wondering if any of you use an iTouch or some other device other than your phone during clinical. The reason im asking is because it seems like it would be a hassle to carry your phone and your iTouch on you at the same time.....any advice is appreciated.
List the apps?
There's a book I forget that nurses use, I want a girl I know to have it.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
im not asking about that.

im asking if i should have a device that would be my nursing device.....but i have to have my cell phone in clinicals so would it be a pain to carry both at once during clinicals

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

im asking if i should have a device that would be my nursing device.....but i have to have my cell phone in clinicals so would it be a pain to carry both at once during clinicals
I know... :lol:
I was asking what the name of that book is...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yes

Most hospitals and schools look down upon the students using their phone, even though it is for nursing. They much rather prefer an ipad type device to be used, some wont let you use your phone at all.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes

Most hospitals and schools look down upon the students using their phone, even though it is for nursing. They much rather prefer an ipad type device to be used, some wont let you use your phone at all.
we are allowed to have our phones because we text or call our teachers in clinical when we need them. so ill be able to have my phone on me. i just dont wnt it to be a hassle carrying both on me, but i dont want the apps to slow down my cell phone if i put them on there. im leaning towards just getting the itouch.

i would get the ipad, but we cant carry bags into clinicals. well we can, but we put them all in one spot near the nursing station area. we have to have something on hand to look up certain things medications...etc so they have to be able to fit in our pockets

aaron, it isnt a book im putting on my phone. its 4 nursing apps.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is a difference between having your phone in your pocket with you and walking down the call using your phone looking up something.

I work in a hospital and no cell phones are allowed to be used in patient care centers (on nursing floors) regardless of what you are using it for and this applies to students as well. The hospital views it as "unprofessional" since it looks like your texting. Netbooks, ipads and other elcetronic devices are allowed but no cell phones. I have worked at other hospitals that have this same policy as well. When your in the view of the public, perception is more important than reality. It doesnt matter "what" your doing (looking up info) it matters what it "looks" like your doing (texting/personal use).

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh for sure, i understand that....but at my school, we are allowed to use either. they say either smart phone or itouch is acceptable, i just dont know if it would be a hassle to carry both on you at once.

kmcart

Awards
I would just stick with your phone, my wife used nursing central throughout her clinicals and liked it