Any nootropic that I can use long term for social phobia

stlre

Awards
I have a form of social phobia that is really f@#$'ing my life up. It is really hurting me financially and relationship wise.

I don't really have anxiety about anything other then the symptoms of the disorder itself. My self esteem seems to be in the basement and nearly impossible to bring up.........no matter what I do. My main symptom is the articulation of my speech. I start slurring and mispernouncing words that I have been saying my entire life.

I went through a 6yr span on SSRI's and I had the best years of my life. All the above symptoms left and I did more in those 6yrs then most do in 12.

Year 5 I started to loose my hair and freaked out. I quit the SSRI's and my hair grew back. I tried them again after 1.5yrs off and hair started falling out like crazy, so I stopped again.

I need something that will help me "long term" while I work through my issues. Any advice would be great!

Thanks

marksdiman123

Awards
Try meditation/stretching. 10 minutes a day for a few weeks can actually change the structure of your brain. Do timed deep breathing sessions at doasone.com
I honestly thought it was stupid at first until I started doing it for a while and it helps many aspects of your life.
Also green tea is good, as well as a beer or 2 a night to chill after a hard day.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the meditation/stretching advice. However, if this is not enough, you might want to look into something like phenibut - it can be used situationally and really helps with social anxiety, etc. I would suggest using a low dose, around 250mg. Primaphorce has a good product. Be careful though, because it can be addictive and can cause issues when taken either in large amounts or with alcohol, or for more than 5 days in a row without 2-3 days off. I use this product a lot, and it really helps. Just be careful with it, and I would suggest trying the meditation thing first.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
I agree with the meditation/stretching advice. However, if this is not enough, you might want to look into something like phenibut - it can be used situationally and really helps with social anxiety, etc. I would suggest using a low dose, around 250mg. Primaphorce has a good product. Be careful though, because it can be addictive and can cause issues when taken either in large amounts or with alcohol, or for more than 5 days in a row without 2-3 days off. I use this product a lot, and it really helps. Just be careful with it, and I would suggest trying the meditation thing first.
I know someone that takes Phenibut nightly to sleep and he doses 3 to 4 times the normal dose. What kind of issues are you talking about?? Haven't found much about it online....

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Issues when taking very large doses can vary, some have reported feeling amazing followed by a terrible hangover (similar to an alcohol hangover) and as far as withdrawal symptoms, there are plenty of anecdotal reports. https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=vDZ&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=phenibut+withdrawal+side+effects&revid=1775673818&sa=X&ei=O7RmUKqPHZSu8QSn9YHgCg&ved=0CJgBENUCKAY&biw=1280&bih=667
Thanks, didn't make myself fully clear- I see the withdrawal symtons listed but ppl talk about it being dangerous or deadly and that is the part i'm referring too.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Deadly.. I doubt it. Unless they take twenty grams and go for a cruise. The only possible danger I can speculate would be from dependence, leading to the said withdrawal symptoms. I can think of threads that people had no issues at all coming off long periods of high doses also. Definitely one of the 'different for everyone' type of supps.