Any Deer hunters?

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just curious to how many deer hunters we have here..

Took down a 200lb 8pt last weekend,,,and getting this bad boy processed:D this will play a huge role in my cutting diet:D

any good recipes?

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am a big time Deer hunter. Still waiting to get my Buck this year. :)

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah , Ohio... Some monsters up there:D..when did the season start ?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Took down a 200lb 8pt last weekend,,,and getting this bad boy processed:D this will play a huge role in my cutting diet:D

any good recipes?
You cant beat the backstrap wrapped in bacon W/ jalapenos & cream cheese..

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anybody want to send me some venison, I wont be mad, thats for sure. I love eating it, just cant hunt it!!!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I cant kill anything....My dad used to take me hunting when I was younger. He shot and gutted a dear in front of me, and well, Its not for me. Ill eat it. just cant kill it!!! I know Im a wuss!!!

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I cant kill anything....My dad used to take me hunting when I was younger. He shot and gutted a dear in front of me, and well, Its not for me. Ill eat it. just cant kill it!!! I know Im a wuss!!!
Just pretend its coming right for you!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha, funny story. I don't hunt either. Just not enough time. That, & my father in law spends all season in Natchez, MS. He provides his daughter w/ PLENTY of meat all year. Our freezer stays stocked up.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
I like to hunt, but I'm more of a blue rock kind of guy.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn late start for Rifle.. I really wanna get into bow hunting!
Here in Kansas, rifle season doesn't start till Nov. 30th. Will be heading out to in-laws in western Ks. this Friday night to hunt all week next week. Was out there last weekend and saw a few nice bucks and a LOT of does so it might be another bountiful season this year.

I really enjoy bowhunting but I can't do it from a treestand! I like to be able to stalk or move if need be to get the shot. Besides that, I don't like being in a tree where there is no protection from the cold wind that always seems to blow! LOL!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha! I know a guy that loves to hunt but everytime it comes to cleaning the deer, he has to go empty himself a few times throughout the whole ordeal! He says its the smell that gets him more than anything.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL...ok so its not just me. I actually havnt been close to a kill in a very long time. Who knows maybe my boys dropped and Id be able to do it as an adult..lol

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

any good recipes?
200lb field-dressed? Big bodied deer! Congrats!
Recipes:
Jerky (my own recipe I made in my teens)
2Tbsp crushed red pepper
2 Tbsp coarse ground black pepper
3 1/2 Tbsp salt
2 c. Worcestershire sauce
3 c. Soy sauce
4 oz. Liquid Hickory
4 oz. Liquid Mesquite
If using ground meat --
3 1/2 oz. ( 2 sm boxes) Surejell
Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Add in meat strips and let set for 6-8 hrs. For ground, mix into 20-25 lbs of meat thoroughly- no waiting needed.

I use the same on my steaks but add 1/4 c. Jack Daniels and 1Tbsp. Minced garlic. I also only use 1/4-1/2 the measurements above. I like to microwave the marinade for about a minute on high before I add the steaks. Lets the flavors mix and mingle. Lol! I tenderize the steaks in the marinade with forks and let set for 30-45 minutes then throw them on the grill.

Btw, my wife says I should charge for this! Lol!