Any advice on keeping my libido up during my VAR cycle.

babbyrattles

Awards
Hey all, im about to start my 8 week var cycle... I have prior experience with orals only, 1-AD, SD, and M-1T. Have made great mass gains off each however every time i try to cut cals and get my BF down to 10% i tend to lose a lot of my hard earned muscle and the strength goes out the window.. I have done many blood test and my lipids and test are in range and i have experienced no sides from previous cycles except for loss of libido.. Which is normal.

My cycle is as follows:

Anavar 40-50mg ED Weeks 1-8
Tribulus 5-8g ED Weeks 1-12
Avena Sativa 2-4g ED Weeks 1-12
Clomid 50mg ED Weeks 9-11

My goal here is to keep or even add a little LBM while i cut cals and diet down.

My question is with the tribulus and Avena Sativa.. How bad do u think my libido will be affected and i know adding some test in there will do the trick but im simply looking to diet down, stay hard and vascular at this point.. As far as TEST, or any other supplement, what else could i implement that would better than what i have now to keep my libido somewhat strong while on cycle..

Thanks guys...

ps. i was considering proviron but feel im prone to MPB (male patter baldness) so have decided to not have that in my cycle.

I PCT in hand, clomid and nolva.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
IMO you're better off just using 100mg of prop eod and dropping the var

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You might look into picking up a bottle of methoxy-TST and throwing it in the mix. Seems to be good libido support while on other anabolics.

Either that or just kick in a little test prop and glenihan said.

Other then that the rest of the test boosters will likely have no effect at keeping your libido up while on. IMHO.

Mr.50

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
I really dont understand these var only cycles. So expensive for minimal gains (at least comared to comparable value of something like test or tren). Just go with test and forego the Var.

babbyrattles

Awards
I understand that VAR is not gona give me the gains that i will get of test, but i dont think you understand my purpose.. Im not looking for huge gains.. If i was to gain 5lbs of LBM in an 8 week period, drop my body fat 3-4%, and harden up and look vasuclar i have accomplished my goal and at the same time im paying for something that is not as harsh on my liver and lipids as well.

Anyone else have any advice, i already have the VAR so im sticking to the cylce mentioned above, just looking for some last minute advice on what i can do to keep my libido up.

thanks again

Rocky82

Awards
  • Established
I understand that VAR is not gona give me the gains that i will get of test, but i dont think you understand my purpose.. Im not looking for huge gains.. If i was to gain 5lbs of LBM in an 8 week period, drop my body fat 3-4%, and harden up and look vasuclar i have accomplished my goal and at the same time im paying for something that is not as harsh on my liver and lipids as well.

Anyone else have any advice, i already have the VAR so im sticking to the cylce mentioned above, just looking for some last minute advice on what i can do to keep my libido up.

thanks again
for just libido purposes, you can add 100-200 mg/week test enanthate. wont bloat you at that dose.

SecretOfSteel

Awards
your var dose is way too high - start at 20 and if its low, go to 30, if that's still too low, go up etc . . . . 20-30 seems to produce the best results in most people, anymore is usually a waste

you don't need all that other crap in there - var will barely shut you down and there is no need for PCT as it does not aromatize - that's why they give it to kids and women

also, why clomid over say nolvadex or arimadex? clomid is about 1/3 as powerful as nolva at restimulating the HPTA, and I can't see a need to prevent gyno on this cycle (either way, nolva is better at preventing gyno)

arimidex is hands down the best either way . . .

as far as the original question, 125mg of test/week should keep your libido normal - this is a baseline test level for most people and since you're not shutting down as much on the var it should provide a good extra kick, you might enjoy 250mg/week - you won't get as much bloat, you'll have the benefits of extra test. 500mg/week is when you start to see sides.
That said, you probably don't need to worry about libido at all when on anavar.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
umm .. there ABSOLUTELY is a need for PCT with var .. bobo posted a study showing how it shutsdown the HPTA

KD1

Awards
  • Established
Ive run Var alone and it increased my libido. But Ive never run it or any oral for 8 weeks.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
When Rebound Reloaded comes out, you might look into that.

This stuff is the best libdio increasing supp I've tried!!

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Might want to try Powerfull, or Triple Threat. Seem like good libido supplements.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
SOS - what's with recommending A-dex for PCT???

There's alot of debate as to wheather or not to use AI's for PCT, but most seem to think steroidal AI's (like Rebound) are OK but a regular AI (like Arimidex) aren't.

I would not use Arimidex for PCT.

Prometheus

Awards
Babyrattles - Take 3 - 5g/day L-Arginine to support your libido during this time, taking 100mg of the herb Xanthoparmila if you can find it with also helps. You might also want to throw in some Muira Puima and some Maca.

At the least VAR will reduce your HPTA output by 50% possibly all the way depending on your unique biochemistry. I prefer the use of Tribulus PCT as a natural LH (Luteinizing hormone) booster for PCT rather than during cycle. Although hands down nothing beats clomid - depends how much you love your 'naturals'.

IMO Glenihans point is right about using Test Prop on Var alone the gains to HPTA shutdown ratio simply isn't economical. If you are looking for small consistant gains without post cycle loss and fast HPTA recovery then you might want to consider a 4 - 6 week 100 EOD Prop cycle with the Var (personally I would do 5 weeks frontloading 200 on days 1 and 2 or alternativly 500 sustanon/test enan/test cyp) If you are concerned about the pain, take a 100/2ml (such as Testolic) variety rather than a 100mg/1ml shot (such as BritishDragon). This has a a lower benzyl alcohol content so much less burn. Hair loss: take propecia or (topical) dutasteride. 400mg/day of DIM (diindolymethane) to reduce oestrogen conversion via aromatase.