Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
May 25, 2017
Push Power

Not looking forward to tomorrow's training. I have PD tomorrow, after that, a 70 minute drive for a 10 minute interview, and then a 70 minute drive to the gym. Nothing is going to engage me, I know I am going to feel fatigued. Whenever I am not active, I feel tired.

Training

Flat Bench Press 70% of 1RM (161 pounds)

3x165x5

Military Press

150x2
145x2,2,2,2,2

Close Grip Floor Press

145x7,6,6

Incline Bench Press

155x7,7,6

Seated Hammerstrength Shoulder Press

180x7,6,6

Weighted Dips

55x6,6,6

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 3,200
Carbs - 382g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 77g
  • Sat. - 23g
  • Poly. - 8g
  • Mono. - 16g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
May 26, 2017
Pull Hypertrophy

I am going to go lighter on pulldowns starting next week.

Training

Lat Pulldowns

115x6,6,6,6,6,6,6

Close Grip Seated Cable Row

115x6,6,6,7

Close Grip Pulldown (neutral grip)

110x11,10,10

Semi Wide Pulldown (neutral grip)

100x12,11,11

T Bar Row (Overhand grip)

70x11,10,10

Reverse Pec Deck

90x12,12,11,11

Nutrition

High Carb

Cals - 3,450
Carbs - 456g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 68g
  • Sat. - 23g
  • Poly. - 7g
  • Mono. - 10g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
May 27, 2017
Lower Power

Last day of the deload. I may not do any intensity increasing techniques the day prior to the max session. I will see how I feel on those days. My gym is closing at 2 on Monday. I think I am going to go Monday, deadlift max day, fasted. I would like to beat the crowd. I am curious to see how this is going to go. I don't know if I should try to hit the same numbers, since I was on cycle for my last attempts, or just go 5 pound over. I know my lifts are greater than they were pre cycle, but my strength since being off has leveled off.

On hip thrusts today, I did not use my belt and my core felt nice and tight.

Training

Back Squat 3x5 @ 70% of 1RM (241 lbs)

3x245x5

Pause Squats

6x235x2

Hip Thrust

290x6,6,6

Lying Leg Curls

120x7,6,6

Leg Extensions

130x8,8,8

Standing Calf Machine

215x8,7,6,6,6

Seated Calf Raise

115x8,7,7,7,6

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,950
Carbs - 313g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 83g
  • Sat. - 19g
  • Poly. - 26g
  • Mono. - 19g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
May 28, 2017
Push Hypertrophy

Weight - 158.4

I'm starting to think all these drops sets I am doing is counter productive and increasing cortisol or negatively impacting me in some way.

Training

Incline DB Press/Flat DB Press

Incline - 65x12,12
Flat - 65x11+3 (rest pause), 12

Plate Loaded Shoulder Press

145x12,12,12,12

Tricep Extension Machine

75x12,10,10

Pec Deck

120x12,11,10

Seated Machine Side Raise

95x12,11,10

Cable Rope Pressdown

22.5x15,12,11

Nutrition

High Carb Day

Cals - 3,450
Carbs - 456g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 69g
  • Sat. - 18g
  • Poly. - 8g
  • Mono. - 13g

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, id only do drop sets once a week for a specific muscle/movement.

They accumulate A LOT of fatigue IMO.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, id only do drop sets once a week for a specific muscle/movement.

They accumulate A LOT of fatigue IMO.
I do them after almost every movement. I am going to stop this. Today, I just did a single dropset after the rear pec deck and that was all. Going forward, I am going to do a dropset after my final exercise per muscle group, or a multi dropset once per week on a specific muscle group for growth.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
May 29, 2017
Pull Power

Happy Memorial Day.

I did not hit the number I wanted to today. For my top set, it was a little slow off the ground. I had it above my knees, but my whole body was shaking, I would needed to hitch it to get it, so I dropped it. I rested and tried again, it barely came off the ground.

I think I sabotaged my attempt today. One, I did not take my deload seriously last week. I cut back the volume a touch, but probably not enough since I did not drop the weight of anything. Second, I used a pre workout today and I was beyond jittery. The jitters went away when I started backing down. I have used it before, but I went with 1.3 scoops and I think it was too much yohimbine for me. However, the biggest culprit was my form. If I stepped outside myself, I think I had my butt pushed too far back and had my back more flat than vertical. On my work up sets, I was hitting my knees on the way up which makes me think that was the case. I don't think I was getting enough leg drive; the sets felt heavier than normal off the ground. On my back down sets, my form felt spot on. Since I missed my attempt, I did more back down sets.

Taking everything into consideration, I am not disappointed. I think I could have stuck it out and got it, but I did not fall flat on my face, which I was feeling like on the work up sets.

Programming note, I am going to drop most, almost all, of the dropsets I do. There is not need for a higher frequency training program. Additionally,
at lease for the summer, I am going to go back to the original template. After the 9x1 week, instead of going back to the 5x5 and going through the routine again, I am going to deload after that 9x1 and then go for the max. This means I will go for a max every 7 weeks versus 13. This means a deload every 6 weeks versus every 12th week. I am also going to go back to not lifting too much over my prescribed percentage, which I got away from once I was on cycle.

Training

Deadlift Max Attempt

135x5
225x3
315x1
360x1
390x1
420x1
450x0 (slight fail)
450x0 (epic fail)
425x1
405x1
375x2
345x4
315x7

Weighted Pullups

5x5,5,5,5,5

Seated Overhand Cable Row

105x7,7,7

Wide Neutral Grip Seated Cable Row

115x7,6,6

Close Grip Neutral Grip Pulldowns

140x7,6,6

Reverse Pec Deck

115x8,7,7,7

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,950
Carbs - 313g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 251g
Fat - 83g
  • Sat. - 19g
  • Poly. - 26g
  • Mono. - 20g

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
had the same issue myself today as far as pre workout is concerned...impressive log...sucks about the failed attempts...impressive drop sets, most would have called it a day out of frustration.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
had the same issue myself today as far as pre workout is concerned...impressive log...sucks about the failed attempts...impressive drop sets, most would have called it a day out of frustration.
Thanks man. I think the pre workout hit harder since I was training fasted also.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
May 30, 2017
Legs Hypertrophy

I had to use a different leg press today, that is the reason for the big drop in weight. I am going to stick to this one since most people do not use it.
For some reason, it is more difficult, hence the reason people don't use it. The angle is more vertical versus the other, easier one, you press at a 45 degree angle or so. Also, I decided to give the split squats a change. I balanced myself with one hand and held a dumbbell in the other instead of holding a dumbbell in each hand. This really allowed me to focus on the muscle versus balancing.

In non lifting news, I had a senior accuse me of tampering with his final grade. He failed my class. He couldn't comprehend that a earning a C in the class, and then a 19 out of 100 on his final exam is the reason why he failed. I then showed him his exam and he accused me of switching it another student's.

Training.

Leg Press

410x12
360x12,12,12,12

DB Front Foot Elevated Split Squat

20x15,12,12

Leg Extensions

110x15,12,11,11

Seated Hamstring Curl

90x12,11,11

Seated Calf

80x12,11,11,10,10

Standing Calf Raises

170x12,12,11,11,11

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 3,200
Carbs - 382g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 77g
  • Sat. - 22g
  • Poly. - 10g
  • Mono. - 19g

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Haha that's ridiculous about that kid... like, what motivation would any teacher have to fail a student? They don't seem to understand that that reflects badly on them as a teacher as well... idiots

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha that's ridiculous about that kid... like, what motivation would any teacher have to fail a student? They don't seem to understand that that reflects badly on them as a teacher as well... idiots
When I first had this kid last year, I thought it was me. But after speaking with other teachers that had him in the past and had him when I did, he is lost. He has basically learned helplessness. He comes from a low income family that gets governmental aid so he expects everyone to do everything for him. He can do average work, but he needs to be babied. I refuse to baby an 18 year old about the graduate high school and all of the teachers this year have done the same. Its sad to see how some kids can learn helplessness from their family instead of wanting to better themselves.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 1, 2017
Push Power

Today's training was all over the place, I don't know how to feel about it. First, I went for the new one rep max on bench. I think my set up was not the best, but I do not think that prevented me from hitting the weight. I went for 235, I got it off the chest, but hit a sticky point a few inches off my chest. I was pleasantly surprised I was able to press it off the chest initially and hold it before my spotter helped. me. I noticed he laid off some after the sticky point, so that was a positive as well. I did a lot of back down sets as you can see. I don't know if that affected my training or not.

Here is why I'm conflicted about today. OHP called for a 5x5. Last 5x5 I hit 125 for all sets.I hit 130 for the first, then dropped to 125 for the last 4. I may have done 5 sets with 125, I think I forgot to write one set down and did a 6th by mistake, but I'm not 100% sure. Regardless, there was an improvement there. My floor press went down by 1 total rep, incline bench was down 2 total reps from last week, seated shoulder pressed stayed the same and so did weighted dips with a slight increase in bodyweight from last week. As you can see, some progress, but some regression. I do think it was mainly due to all the back down sets.

I am going to make two changes to my heavy push days beginning next week. One, I am going to switch around OHP and floor presses. I think going heavier on the floor presses will help with my bench. I am also going to swap out the seated hammer strength shoulder press with seated barbell shoulder press, or dumbbell.

I also did not do any intensity techniques, which is a surprise. I have some bottles of HMB-CA coming my way. I think I will increase volume when I use those since it increases recovery.

Non lifting news, I picked up The Last of Us Remastered before work today, I'm so stoked to crack it open!

Training

Flat Bench Press Max Attempt

45x8
95x5
135x3
160x1
185x1
215x1
235x0
225x1
215x1
205x2
195x3
185x4
175x5
165x6

Military Press

130x5
125x5,5,5,5

Close Grip Floor Press

145x6,6,6

Incline Bench Press

155x6,6,5+2 (rest Pause)

180x7,6,6

Weighted Dips

55x6,6,6

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 3,200
Carbs - 382g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 249g
Fat - 76g
  • Sat. - 21g
  • Poly. - 9g
  • Mono. - 18g

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
When I first had this kid last year, I thought it was me. But after speaking with other teachers that had him in the past and had him when I did, he is lost. He has basically learned helplessness. He comes from a low income family that gets governmental aid so he expects everyone to do everything for him. He can do average work, but he needs to be babied. I refuse to baby an 18 year old about the graduate high school and all of the teachers this year have done the same. Its sad to see how some kids can learn helplessness from their family instead of wanting to better themselves.
Unfortunately I see this a a plague of modern society. The current culture just breeds dependency and helplessness. Tough love and learning by failing are and should always be an important part of development. The lessons you learned the best and in the least amount of time were always the ones that you learned the hardest. You don't forget those and you learn more than you would otherwise

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately I see this a a plague of modern society. The current culture just breeds dependency and helplessness. Tough love and learning by failing are and should always be an important part of development. The lessons you learned the best and in the least amount of time were always the ones that you learned the hardest. You don't forget those and you learn more than you would otherwise
It's so funny you brought that up. I had some extra time with one of my classes yesterday, so I had them watch a Ted Talk on grit. The main point was one does not need to be book smart or naturally gifted at something to be good at it. If one wants to do something or be good at something, they need to grind and show grit. The speaker also noted that this will mean we will fail, but that is what helps us build grit an an outer shell that breeds character and work ethic. Also, like you mentioned, sometimes the best way to learn is by failing so we know how to fix those mistakes.

I gave a personal story about someone in my family failing, and falling flat on their face before they invoked change and a student shared a story as well. I think a lot of them got the point.

That is the one thing I hate about teaching; schools do not want kids to fail. I am not saying I am going to go out of my way to fail a kid, but what I am saying is we hold their hands all the way until they graduate as seniors. Some of these kids would benefit from getting one or two F's in a class. I think that would be a reality check for them. I always tell them, once they leave and go to college, no one is going to care if they fail or not. They are not going to have a teacher holding their hand through the process. Believe it or not, my current school as asked teachers to change grades of students that have failed for the semester and bump them up to a D. I, and others, refuse to. I find it morally and ethically wrong. When we refused. administration went into our gradebooks and changed the grades. As a society, we are making these kids too soft and whenever they face real adversity, they are not going to be able to handle it.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 2, 2017
Pull Hypertrophy

Going lighter on pulldowns felt so much better. I made sure I was pulling to my mid chest, prior, I have only been pulling right under my chin. I felt like I got more activation in my lats.

I am curious to see how tomorrow is going to go, given the past two max attempts this week. Right now, I am not feeling confident, but I will try to change that for tomorrow. Additionally, I am not going to train fasted like I always do on Saturday. I am not doing this because I think I will hit a PR.
I am doing this because the school year is going to end soon and I will go to the gym earlier in the day. I will not backload carbs like I normally would. I have not squatted after a meal in a LONG time. I will have something light so I don't feel too full.

Training

Lat Pulldowns

90x12,12,12,12,12

110x12,12,12

110x11,11,11

Hoist Roc It Mid Row (neutral grip)

110x10,10,10

70x12,11,11

Reverse Pec Deck

95x10,10,10,10

Nutrition

High Carb

Cals - 3,450
Carbs - 456g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 72g
  • Sat. - 21g
  • Poly. - 12g
  • Mono. - 15g

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's so funny you brought that up. I had some extra time with one of my classes yesterday, so I had them watch a Ted Talk on grit. The main point was one does not need to be book smart or naturally gifted at something to be good at it. If one wants to do something or be good at something, they need to grind and show grit. The speaker also noted that this will mean we will fail, but that is what helps us build grit an an outer shell that breeds character and work ethic. Also, like you mentioned, sometimes the best way to learn is by failing so we know how to fix those mistakes.

I gave a personal story about someone in my family failing, and falling flat on their face before they invoked change and a student shared a story as well. I think a lot of them got the point.

That is the one thing I hate about teaching; schools do not want kids to fail. I am not saying I am going to go out of my way to fail a kid, but what I am saying is we hold their hands all the way until they graduate as seniors. Some of these kids would benefit from getting one or two F's in a class. I think that would be a reality check for them. I always tell them, once they leave and go to college, no one is going to care if they fail or not. They are not going to have a teacher holding their hand through the process. Believe it or not, my current school as asked teachers to change grades of students that have failed for the semester and bump them up to a D. I, and others, refuse to. I find it morally and ethically wrong. When we refused. administration went into our gradebooks and changed the grades. As a society, we are making these kids too soft and whenever they face real adversity, they are not going to be able to handle it.
That's such an unfortunate thing to hear about your school. I'm a firm believer in being able to and learning from failure. I teach t when I teach classes as well. Failure is simply discovering one way NOT to solve a problem or improve. There's always going to be billions of ways not to do something and only a few to, so you're bound to mess up a few times. Make mistakes, learn lessons, grow, move forward.

If I ever have kids I swear they won't be babied like that and will fall on their face now and again, within reason of course. It's healthy.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 3, 2017
Lower Power

Today went pretty well. My pre workout meal was light enough where I did not feel it negatively impacted me squatting. I will keep this meal as is,
or similar, when eating before squatting now. I hit 350 today. It was shaky, but I got it. Next time I attempt a max, I am going to try it again, to see if I can get the depth that I want. I was told my depth was fine, parallel, but I like to go below that. Everything else went nicely too.

I also noticed I felt looser than I normally do on my heavy leg day. My lower back didn't feel as tight. I think this was due to not going to the gym within 45 minutes of waking up.

I am expecting my weight to be a little higher than normal tomorrow. Normally, my meals start out large and then get smaller when I train fasted. My two largest meals are pre bed tonight.

Training

Back Squat Max Attempt

45x5
135x3
185x1
225x1
275x1
320x1
350x1
320x1
300x2
280x4
260x5
240x6

Pause Squats

5x220x5

Hip Thrust

290x7,6,6

Lying Leg Curls

120x8,7,6

Leg Extensions

190x8,7,6

Standing Calf Machine

215x8,8,8,7,7

Seated Calf Raise

115x8,8,8,7,7

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,950
Carbs - 313g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 81g
  • Sat. - 22g
  • Poly. - 23g
  • Mono. - 15g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 4, 2017
Push Hypertrophy

Weight - 158.4

My scale did a weird thing this morning where it went to 158.4, to 159.2 back to 158.4. I placed it in a few different areas in the bathroom and got 158.4 which is the same as last week. Despite no gain, I am not going to increase cals this week and see how things go. I am introducing Clear Muscle, starting today, so I am going to add a little more volume since HMB-Ca works best for over reaching.

I tweaked my left delt today. Not sure sure. After db presses, the machine I use for my shoulder press was being used. I decided to go with a seated db press instead. It felt great. But once I finished my four sets, the machine was free and I did four sets there as well (not part of the added volume, just me being dumb and thinking I need to keep everything the same). I think all the pressing was just a little much for the delts. I also went lighter with the pec deck and had a pause at the top of the contraction.

Training

Incline - 70x10, 65x10,10
Flat - 65x10,10

Seated DB Shoulder Press

35x10,10,10,10

Tricep Rope Pressdown

24x15,12,11

Pec Deck

105x10,10,10

95x12,11,10

Triceps Machine Extension

75x12,10,10,10

Nutrition

High Carb Day

Cals - 3,450
Carbs - 456g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 251g
Fat - 74g
  • Sat. - 21g
  • Poly. - 11g
  • Mono. - 18g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 5, 2017
Pull Power

First, I did not regress with my deadlifts from the last 5x5. I purposely did not go above 355. Like I mentioned last week, I am going to stick with my weights/percentages. The only time I will go higher is if the weight ends in an 6 or more (think of basic rounding up). Yesterday my legs were so beat up, they felt good today until I went for the two heavy sets. I really wanted to hit 7 reps on that last set, but I was really feeling it in my hamstrings. I really need to focus on my forum on the 5x5 and even 6x4 days. I need to get my hips low on every rep, not the first few. I think I do this because I try to fly through the sets and the weight is lighter. I need to work on this.

Usually I go stim free on my 5x5 week, for the heavy days. I brought a stim pre workout to work with me, I was trying to give myself a reason to use stims on these days. Since I will deload more often, that was my excuse. I went with my stim free though and had a small piece of dark chocolate with it. I felt better than I normally do stim free. I don't know if it was placebo, but that small piece of chocolate seemed to do the trick.

Last 5x5 4/17/17

315x5
330x5
345x5
360x5
360x5
Training

Deadlift 5x5 @ 70% - 80% of 1RM (312 - 352 lbs)

315x5
330x5
345x5
355x5
355x6

Weighted Pullups

7.5x5,5,5

105x7,7,7

115x7,7,7

140x7,7,6

Reverse Pec Deck

120x6,6,6,6

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,950
Carbs - 313g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 83g
  • Sat. - 25g
  • Poly. - 14g
  • Mono. - 18g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 6, 2017
Legs Hypertrophy

My legs are TOAST. Last full day of classes tomorrow.

Training.

Leg Press

370x10,10,10,10,10,11

25x12,12,11

Leg Extensions

110x15,13,12,12

Seated Hamstring Curl

95x11,10,10

Seated Calf

80x12,11,11,11,11

Standing Calf Raises

175x12,12,11,10,10

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 3,200
Carbs - 382g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 251g
Fat - 77g
  • Sat. - 22g
  • Poly. - 11g
  • Mono. - 20g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 8, 2017
Push Power

Small improvements from last week. I did switch the order of floor presses with military press. I think I am going to switch around some of my exercises on my push days.

Last 5x5 - 4/20/17

165x5
175x5
185x5
190x5
190x5
Training

Flat Bench Press 5x5 @ 70-80% of 1RM (161 - 184 pounds)

165x5
175x5
185x5
185x5
185x6

Close Grip Floor Press

155x5,5,5

Military Press

115x6,6,6

Incline Bench Press

155x7,6,6

80x8,7,7 (weight in plates per one side)

Weighted Dips

55x7,6,6

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 3,200
Carbs - 382g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 78g
  • Sat. - 26g
  • Poly. - 9g
  • Mono. - 16g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 9, 2017
Pull Hypertrophy

Today felt pretty easy. I did not mention yesterday, but I felt that touch of tightness in my left shoulder while training again. I had this happen before, it went away with some time. I looked it up online, I think it is a slight impingement. I came to that conclusion because when I put my arm behind my back this morning, I felt the tightness. It went away as the day went on. I don't think it is anything serious, probably just overuse of the shoulder.

I am going to go lighter on my dumbbell pressing on my pushing hypertrophy days. Not because of this, but I want to isolate my chest more. My push hypertrophy days feel very taxing and form gets a little compromised compared to hypertrophy leg and pull days where the weight does not compromise my form, but provides me with a good session.

Training

Lat Pulldowns

92.5x10,10,10,10,10,10

112.5x10,10,10

110x12
112.5x10,10

110x11,11,10

72.5x11,10,10

Reverse Pec Deck

95x12,11,10,10

Nutrition

High Carb

Cals - 3,450
Carbs - 456g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 71g
  • Sat. - 21g
  • Poly. - 10g
  • Mono. - 13g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 10, 2017
Lower Power

Very happy with the session today.

Last 5x5 4/22/17

245x5
260x5
280x5
280x5
280x6
Training

Back Squat 5x5 @ 70%-80% of 1RM (245 - 280 lbs)

245x5
260x5
280x5
280x5
280x6

Pause Squats

3x225x5

Hip Thrust

290x8,7,6

Lying Leg Curls

125x7,6,6

Leg Extensions

195x7,6,6

Standing Calf Machine

220x7,7,6,6,6

Seated Calf Raise

120x8,8,7,6,6

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,950
Carbs - 313g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 251g
Fat - 85g
  • Sat. - 29g
  • Poly. - 19g
  • Mono. - 15g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 11, 2017
Push Hypertrophy

Weight - 159.2

Weight is up a little this week. Tuesday is the last day of school, I think I will walk to the gym days I do not work my second job.

I stayed with the same weight, for chest exercises, from the last time the day called for 8 reps. The reps felt very solid and controlled. Half way through my workout, I figured close grip bench press would be better on hypertrophy days AFTER I did weighted dips. I am going to post the close grip bench press. I will be able to go heavier on it next week since I won't be fatigued from the dips.

I felt the tightness in my shoulder again. I do not think it is an impingement. I think it is more or less a strain. I did some tests to see if it might be an impingement, but did not feel discomfort. I can lay on my shoulder, reach overhead, reach behind with no pain, and my shoulder mobility is not compromised. Instead, I only feel the tightness when my shoulder is bearing weight, but only off to the side (think of a side lateral raise). I initially felt the tightness flare up when I was doing my shoulder warmup routine, which is comprised of band pull aparts. I think what made it flare up was going to absolute failure on the chest presses with the dumbbell last week. My left side was shaky.

I went lighter on the lateral raise machine, but I held the weight at the top with a slow negative.

Training

Incline - 70x8,8,8
Flat - 70x8,8,8

Seated DB Shoulder Press

40x8,8,8,9

Close Grip Bench Press

95x12,11,11

Pec Deck

105x11,10,10

75x12,11,10

75x12,11,11

Nutrition

High Carb Day

Cals - 3,450
Carbs - 456g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 70g
  • Sat. - 22g
  • Poly. - 9g
  • Mono. - 10g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 12, 2017
Pull Power

Today is official the anniversary of year two since I started this log!

Training went very well today. I moved more weight than my previous 6x4 by 380 pounds and I am .8 pounds lighter. I stayed in my weight range, versus last time I went 5 pounds over and then had to reduce the weight by 10 pounds. The total weight moved was a wash, but then I was able to go for a 5th rep on the last set, which put the weight over from last time. In retrospect, I should have stopped; that 5th rep was a grinder. Everything else went great too. No shoulder pain when doing my warm ups with the band.

I may have some news on the work front in the next few weeks, so keep an eye on that. Also regarding work, I am teaching psychology next year!
I have never taught it before, but I am excited.

Last 6x4 4/24/17

335x4
350x4
365x4
380x4
385x4
375x4
Training

Deadlift 6x4 @ 75% - 85% of 1RM (334 - 378 lbs)

335x4
350x4
365x4
380x4
380x4
380x5

Weighted Pullups

10x3,3,3,3,4

105x7,7,8

115x7,6,7

140x7,7,7

Reverse Pec Deck

115x8,7,6,6

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,950
Carbs - 313g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 81g
  • Sat. - 26g
  • Poly. - 15g
  • Mono. - 18g

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
congrats on 2 years! you've now consistently logged longer than half the people even stay active on here ha.

thats cool about teaching psych... one of my favorite topics because its always so unique. never really heard of that being taught as a class before college tho. really fun.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
congrats on 2 years! you've now consistently logged longer than half the people even stay active on here ha.

thats cool about teaching psych... one of my favorite topics because its always so unique. never really heard of that being taught as a class before college tho. really fun.
Really? A lot of schools teach it now. I know when I was in high school, about 10-12 years ago, that was not taught nor was Sociology, which I also teach. The social science classes are elective based, but very popular among kids today.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 13, 2017
Legs Hypertrophy

Ended up waking to the gym today. I was regretting that post workout when it was just over 90 degrees.

I have a small tweak where my hamstring and glute meet in my right leg. I noticed this last week after straining on the last set of deads. It was feeling better, but I thin straining for that 5th rep yesterday did it in again. I only feel it when my hamstring is stretched, otherwise I do not even notice it.

Training.

Leg Press

540x8,8,8,8,8,8,9

35x8,10,10

Leg Extensions

115x15,
120x12,12,12

Seated Hamstring Curl

100x11,10,10

Seated Calf

85x12,11,11,10,10

Standing Calf Raises

180x12,11,10,10,10

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 3,200
Carbs - 382g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 78g
  • Sat. - 23g
  • Poly. - 19g
  • Mono. - 15g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 15, 2017
Push Power

Shoulder was a bit achy during the session today. I think it is a rotator cuff strain. Again, I don't think it is anything major since I only get the tightness when training and from what I have read, anything serious I would have discomfort doing daily activities. It might just be tendonitis too. I am going to see if I can get a referral to an Ortho for next week. Although, he or she might just tell me to rest it. I am thinking during my deload in three weeks, I will decrease weight AND volume for the pushing days.

Training today went well. Some small increases or no change from last week.I did notice my left side, the one with the achy shoulder, was a touch weaker than the right side.

Last 5x5 - 4/27/17

175x4
185x4
195x4
3x200x4
Training

Flat Bench Press 6x4 @ 75-85% of 1RM (173 - 196 pounds)

175x4
185x4
4x195x4

Close Grip Floor Press

165x3,3,3,3,3

Military Press

105x7,6,6

Incline Bench Press

155x7,6,6

85x7,7,7 (does not include weight of the bar)

Weighted Dips

55x7,6,6

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 3,200
Carbs - 382g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 77g
  • Sat. - 23g
  • Poly. - 14g
  • Mono. - 21g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 16, 2017
Pull Hypertrophy

Second consecutive pull hypertrophy day where the weights felt light.

I noticed the tightness in my left shoulder again, only when doing my warm ups with the band (pulling the band apart and going over my head to the front and back of my body). It went away after a few rotations. No soreness when training though. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, just to meet with a GP, which I will get a referral. I need one before an Ortho will see me.

Training

Lat Pulldowns

95x8,8,8,8,8,8,9

115x8,8,9

112.5x11,10,10

110x12,11,11

72.5x12,11,10

Reverse Pec Deck

95x12,11,11,10

Nutrition

High Carb

Cals - 3,450
Carbs - 456g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 72g
  • Sat. - 25g
  • Poly. - 10g
  • Mono. - 11g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 17, 2017
Lower Power

Killed it today and with even less caffeine than I would normally use on these days. I do not consume a lot of caffeine/stims in general, but I am trying to go even less during summer break.

Last 6x4 4/29/17

260x4
275x4
285x4
295x4
295x4
295x4
Training

Back Squat 6x4 @ 75%-85% of 1RM (263 - 298 lbs)

265x4
280x4
290x4
300x4
300x4
290x4

Pause Squats

3x235x3
2x230x3

Hip Thrust

290x8,7,6

Lying Leg Curls

125x7,6,6

Leg Extensions

195x7,7,6

Standing Calf Machine

220x8,7,6,6,6

Seated Calf Raise

125x8,7,6,6,6

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,950
Carbs - 313g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 84g
  • Sat. - 24g
  • Poly. - 23g
  • Mono. - 17g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 18, 2017
Push Hypertrophy

Weight - 160.8

I'm surprised my weight is up 1.6 pounds. Maybe last week was low for some reason, who knows. I'm surprised because I walked to the gym the majority of the week. I am not going to lower calories. I may during my deload in 4 weeks if weight continues to climb. I have already decided I am going to cut starting the first or second week of January. I will be able to get in one more cycle before then, go through PCT and then cut with 11-Ketotestosterone after proper time off. It will bring me to the second week of January I believe.

My shoulder today didn't feel too bad. During the chest presses, I felt a little tenderness, but not like last week or even Thursday. I did not feel it during seated shoulder presses and I was able to do more reps than I initial thought. The only time I really felt the shoulder discomfort, and it was not all that intense, was during side lateral raises. Not a surprise, especially if it is a muscular injury, since it is the side delt moving the weight.

After I completed the set, I made a decision that starting next Sunday, I am not going to do any direct side delt work until my max attempt. That will give my side delt 5 weeks before I directly touch it again. Since it is slowly getting better, while working that muscle directly, I am thinking a good month off should do the trick. If it feels better prior, I could do some very light work, but I am not touching side raises for the next two weeks minimum.

I am also going to see my chiro tomorrow, hopefully he can write a referral to an Ortho, if not, I do have an appointment with a GP to get a referral.
Going to the Ortho may be a waste of time, they might just say rest it.

Training

Incline - 75x6,6,6,6
Flat - 75x6,6,6

Seated DB Shoulder Press

45x6,6,6,8

Close Grip Bench Press

115x11,10,10

Pec Deck

105x12,11,10

75x13,12,11

75x13,12,10

Nutrition

High Carb Day

Cals - 3,450
Carbs - 456g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 67g
  • Sat. - 25g
  • Poly. - 8g
  • Mono. - 13g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 19, 2017
Pull Power

My lord today was hard. My legs were sore, but I didn't realize how sore until I got to the heavier sets. I was able to move more weight compared to the last 7x3, despite not going heavier in weight. Everything else was smooth.

I went to my chiro today for an adjustment and we talked about my shoulder. He put it through some movements and even showed me where I would have pain if it was a rotator cuff issue. In the end, he thinks it is just a side delt strain. I have my appointment next week with my GP for the referral, but I may cancel. He stated the Ortho will more than likely tell me to rest it, give me some anti-inflammatories or muscle relaxers to mask the discomfort, which I don't want to do. I don't want to give myself a false sense that it is fine and do something worse.

Last 7x3 5/1/17

355x3
370x3
385x3
400x3
400x3
400x3
400x3
Training

Deadlift 7x3 @ 80% - 90% of 1RM (356 - 401 lbs)

360x3
375x3
390x3
400x3
400x3
400x3
400x3

Weighted Pullups

20x2,2,2,2,2,2

105x8,7,7

115x8,7,7

140x8,7,7

Reverse Pec Deck

120x7,7,6,6

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,950
Carbs - 313g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 251g
Fat - 83g
  • Sat. - 21g
  • Poly. - 21g
  • Mono. - 16g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 20, 2017
Legs Hypertrophy

Training felt pretty good today. I had to use the Cybex Squat Press, instead of the regular sled leg press. I actually liked this more. I feel like it mimicked a squat, I was able to go deeper without my lower back coming off the pad. I got more of a total leg pump, versus a quad dominant pump since I was able to increase my range of motion versus a traditional leg press.I was modest with the weight since I had no clue where to start. The weight was light, I only rested 60 seconds between sets, 90 seconds for the last two, and my reps were slow and controlled. I am going to progress off this weight for this machine versus going heavier and go with the slow negatives. It cannot be loaded with as much weight as a sled,
so the slow negatives will be a good thing. Additionally, I slightly increased the height of the aerobic box for the split squats.

Training.

Cybex Squat Press

550x6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6

40x10,10,10

Leg Extensions

120x15,13,12,12

Seated Hamstring Curl

100x13,12,12

Seated Calf

90x11,10,10,10,10

Standing Calf Raises

180x12,12,11,10,10

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 3,200
Carbs - 382g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 78g
  • Sat. - 22g
  • Poly. - 19g
  • Mono. - 16g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 22, 2017
Push Power

I felt pretty good about the session today. My bench wasn't nearly as good as my last 7x3, but I did not have nearly as much shoulder discomfort during the session today. The only time I felt the tightness was during the first set of military press. During bench, my left side felt weak and I got a sensation I have been getting in that shoulder, but the sensation was not with the tightness. The sensation I get is it almost feels like I have icy hot cream on my shoulder. I don't know if it is my shoulder that is effecting my bench so much. I know on the last set, I felt like I needed to push off with my left foot more on the last set because the left shoulder felt weaker.

I don't think my bench is getting weaker because I am; everything else is going up. I think it is the weakness/lack of stabilization in the shoulder. Again, I am not going to do any direct side delt work on Sunday's and when I do my deload in 3 weeks, I may skip the two push days that week. We'll see how it goes. Again, some discomfort, but it seems like it is going away slowly. I may look into BPC 157.

On a side note, I beat The Last of Us. What an epic game.

Last 7x3 - 5/4/17

185x3
195x3
205x3
210x3
3x205x3
Training

Flat Bench Press 7x3 @ 80-90% of 1RM (184 - 207 pounds)

185x3
195x3
205x3
4x200x3

Close Grip Floor Press

170x2,2,2,2,2,2

Military Press

105x8,7,7

Incline Bench Press

155x7,7,6

90x6,6,6 (does not include weight of the bar)

Weighted Dips

55x7,6,6

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 3,200
Carbs - 382g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 77g
  • Sat. - 26g
  • Poly. - 17g
  • Mono. - 12g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 23, 2017
Pull Hypertrophy

Another great pull hypertrophy workout. I noticed how on this and my leg hypertrophy days, I almost exclusively use machines. I may incorporate this into my hypertrophy push days starting on Sunday. I have also noticed my libido is up too. I ordered three vials of BPC 157, I can't wait for it to come in. Hopefully it will be the best $70 I've ever spent.

Training

Lat Pulldowns

97.5x6,6,6,6,6,6,6,8

117.5x6,6,7

112.5x12,11,10

115x11,10,10

75x11,10,10

Reverse Pec Deck

100x12,11,10,10

Nutrition

High Carb

Cals - 3,450
Carbs - 456g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 251g
Fat - 71g
  • Sat. - 25g
  • Poly. - 12g
  • Mono. - 12g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AntM Reviews Gaspari Nutrition Precision Protein

I won two sample packets of one of the new flavors, Cinnamon Cereal Crunch, on another forum, and I thought I would share my thoughts here on BB.com as well. I do not have pictures, they were just sample packets. Also, I had this right after my workout, at the gym, and did not want to take a picture of this in the gym. That would have been awkward. And no, I am not one of those that thinks they need protein RIGHT after lifting, but since I am done with work for the summer, I have been walking to and from the gym. After training, I stretch and do some mobility work, then walk home, so it is about 45 give or take before I can eat. I bring a scoop of protein with my to drink right after lifting and prior to stretching and walking back home.

Mixability

Almost perfect. No foaming, but I did let it sit for a few minutes. I had a few clumps that stuck to the side, but no biggie. I think that was because I only used six ounces of water. I used so little because this is Hydrolyzed Whey Protein and is usually thin, but it mixed quite thick to my surprise. I enjoyed that since I like thicker protein shakes.

Macros/Profile

Excellent, as you can see. Low in fat and carbs and high in protein. 25 grams is on the higher end of the scale. Anyone can utilize this no matter their diet or goal.

Taste

I'm not going to lie, when I was selected to try this, versus the blueberry, I was disappointed. I wanted to try the blueberry because my initial thought was this would be just like every other cinnamon based protein powder out there. I have enjoyed almost all that I have had, but I did not think this would stand out in any way and the name was more marketing than anything else.

I was beyond surprised. I first sniffed the powder and got a flashback of my childhood. I could not put my finger on it though. I sniffed if a few more times and then finally poured the powder in the shaker. I was trying to think of what this reminded me, I was still at a loss. I was then sipping on it and it hit me, see the picture below.

I did not get a cereal taste, for example, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but rather a richer and more creamy cinnamon flavor that was almost an exact replica of Cinnamon Teddy Grahams. Not only was the taste perfect, but it legitimately brought me back to a place in my childhood when I would sit at the lunch table in elementary school with my friends, eating these out of a snack bag.

Bottom Line

If you like cinnamon, and I put it on everything, you need to buy this. This is easily the best cinnamon based protein powder I have tried. It has dethroned PES, albeit Snickerdoodle, as my favorite cinnamon based protein powder. It is more than just a cinnamon. It has just enough sweetness to it, is thick enough, and the macros are great. You will get a semi sweet, almost creamy, sugary taste of cinnamon, but not the spiciness associated with cinnamon. This is a homerun. If this was a whey/casein blend, this would always be in my stash. I like to leave ratings based off my personal beliefs, however, knocking off one point for it not being a blend would be unfair, especially since the general public could care less. Bravo, Gaspari. 10/10

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 24, 2017
Lower Power

Good, but not so good workout today. I was able to lift 5 more pounds, total, than the previous 7x3, but form was a little compromised. Once I got to 315, and the sets after, I was leaning too far forward. I think my upper back was not staying tight. I was able to stay tight on the first two reps, but lost it on the third rep. When this happens, I need to train smart and just focus on form versus the weight.

I also did not do pause squats. Instead, I made a makeshift box for box squats. I have not done these in 13 or 14 months, when my gym changed locations. The old gym had legitimate boxes, but they got rid of them when the gym moved. I made a box out of those aerobic squares and box. I could have used a flat bench, but I was right at parallel or slightly above. My makeshift box was below parallel.

I had to go 30 pounds lighter as opposed to the pause squats. I think this was because even though I was pausing, I would do a small bounce to get the weight up. I could not do that with the box squats. I did not rock then forth on the box, I sat on it for a few seconds, then squatted up. I think this was a true pause and which is why I had to go lighter.

Last 7x3 5/6/17

275x3
295x3
310x3
310x3
310x3
310x3
310x3
Training

Back Squat 7x3 @ 80%-90% of 1RM (280 - 315 lbs)

280x3
295x3
310x3
315x3
315x3
305x3
305x3

Pause Box Squats

6x210x2

Hip Thrust

295x6,6,6

Lying Leg Curls

125x7,6,6

Leg Extensions

195x7,7,6

Standing Calf Machine

220x8,8,7,6,6

Seated Calf Raise

125x8,8,7,6,6

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,950
Carbs - 313g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 80g
  • Sat. - 21g
  • Poly. - 19g
  • Mono. - 19g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 25, 2017
Push Hypertrophy

Weight - 160.8

Weight is unchanged, but my scale acted funny. I need to recalibrate it. I will do that prior to next week's weigh in.

Today was the best push hypertrophy day I have had in a very long time. I some exercises. The first major thing I changed was I stuck with incline for the first exercise, instead of doing half incline and half flat. I also used the smith machine. I probably could have gone heavier and got the reps,
but my tempo was on point. This was the first push day in a long time which I felt the specific muscle groups working. For example, even on the smith machine press, I felt my chest working and not so much my triceps or delts.

Speaking of delts, my left delt did not feel too bad today! I felt a small amount of tightness during incline smith bench, but that was it. I didn't feel it during seated dumbbell press, close grip bench, or even during the pec deck machine. I normally feel the tightness when the weight stack is just lifted. When I did feel it during the incline press, it was a lot more centralized, more dull, and I did not get that icy hot sensation after. Lastly, the tightness went right away post workout versus lingering for the rest of the day.

I did try one set, lighter weight, on the seated side machine raise, and it didn't feel bad, but I went against it and decided to do front raises instead.
Overall, I think following what I have been doing, with the BPC, when it comes in, I will be ready to rock and roll after my deload.

Training

Incline Smith Machine Bench

90x12,12,12,12 (weight is just the total amount in plates, not the bar)

Seated DB Shoulder Press

35x12,12,12,11 (+4 rest pasue sets after a 30 second rest)

Close Grip Bench Press

115x11,11,10

Pec Deck

105x12,11,10

Cable Front Raises with Rope

19x11,10,10

Straight Bar Cable Tricep Pushdown

39x12,11,11

Nutrition

High Carb Day

Cals - 3,450
Carbs - 456g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 251g
Fat - 71g
  • Sat. - 24g
  • Poly. - 19g
  • Mono. - 10g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 26, 2017
Pull Power

Just like last week, deadlifting was difficult this week. I wonder if walking to the gym pre workout on this day is the cause. I am thinking that since my post last week also mentioned deadlifting being difficult. Any who, if you just look at the numbers compared to my last 8x2, this wee looks less impressive, but I actually moved five more pounds in all.

I'm hoping my legs aren't shot for tomorrow. I know I felt my glutes and hamstrings firing today.

Last 8x2 5/8/17

380x2
395x2
410x2
425x2
425x2
425x2
415x2
415x2
Training

Deadlift 8x2 @ 85% - 95% of 1RM (376 - 423 lbs)

380x2
395x2
410x2
425x2
425x2
420x2
420x2
420x2

Weighted Pullups

7.5x5,5,5
5x5,5

107.5x6,6,6

120x6,6,6

142.5x6,6,6

Reverse Pec Deck

120x8,6,6,6

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,950
Carbs - 313g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 82g
  • Sat. - 22g
  • Poly. - 20g
  • Mono. - 15g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 27, 2017
Legs Hypertrophy

Training.

Cybex Squat Press

410x12,12,12,12,12

20x15,12,12

Leg Extensions

125x11,11,10,10

Seated Hamstring Curl

105x11,10,10

Seated Calf

90x12,12,11,10,10

Standing Calf Raises

180x12,12,12,11,10

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 3,200
Carbs - 382g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 74g
  • Sat. - 27g
  • Poly. - 14g
  • Mono. - 11g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 29, 2017
Push Power

This week was so much better than last week. My shoulder felt stable and pretty good. It was sore after some of the movements, but like Sunday,
the soreness did not linger long post workout. I was able to hit my numbers and then some. I even hit one set heavier than expected on bench and I did nine sets versus eight since I was feeling good. I did not feel my left side dip during benching, with the exception of a small dip on the last, extra, set. During military press, I noticed my arms were even, versus last week, my left side, the bum shoulder side, was lagging behind a little. All lifts increased or stayed the same, but on the lifts that stayed the same, they felt smoother.

I am hoping this BPC comes in the mail tomorrow, Saturday at the very latest.

Last 8x2 - 5/11/17

195x2
210x2
220x1
210x2
210x2
210x2
210x2
210x2
210x2
Training

Flat Bench Press 8x2 @ 85-95% of 1RM (196 - 219 pounds)

215x2
8x210x2

Close Grip Floor Press

155x5,5,5,5,5

Military Press

110x6,6,6

Incline Bench Press

155x7,7,6

Seated Barbell Shoulder Press

95x6,6,6

Weighted Dips

55x7,6,6

Nutrition

Moderate Carb

Cals - 3,200
Carbs - 382g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 75g
  • Sat. - 28g
  • Poly. - 13g
  • Mono. - 11g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
June 30, 2017
Pull Hypertrophy

Good session today.

Couple of things worth noting. First, if you look at my calories for today, I am lower than normal. I got on my scale today, normally I weight myself every Sunday, just to check things out. Weight was up a little, but that was expected since it has not been a full week and I weigh myself after low carb days. Anyway, I decided I am going to cut back my calories by 300 each day, in the form of carbs. This will be a reduction of 75 grams of carbs.

I am not complaining about the steady weight gain, but it is mind boggling. I am consuming the same amount of calories I was during the end of the school year, when weight was barley increasing. I am more active throughout the days; I am walking at least double the amount than during a school day, so one would think weight would not be going up. I don't know why the increase in activity has led to more weight gain. What's odd too is my hunger has been through the roof the past week. I should still be in a surplus, just a smaller one.

Second not, my BPC-157 vials came in. I gave myself my first injection this afternoon, right into the left shoulder. I am curious to see how well and how quickly this works. From some reading I have done, people with torn muscles noticed healing in 14 days or so. Since this is perhaps just a strain, or tendinitis, I am thinking I should see some positive results by the time my max attempts come around. I am only going with a modest 250 mcg per day dose, which is what is suggested. I could dose higher, but doubt I will see quicker results.

Training

Lat Pulldowns

92.5x12,12,12,12,12

112.5x12,12,10 (+4 rest pause reps)

115x10,10,10

75xx12,11,10

T Bar Row (Underhand grip)

50x11,10,10

Reverse Pec Deck

100x12,11,11,10

Nutrition

High Carb

Cals - 3,150
Carbs - 381g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 251g
Fat - 75g
  • Sat. - 23g
  • Poly. - 21g
  • Mono. - 10g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AntM Reviews Gaspari Nutrition Precision Protein

Gaspari was nice enough to send me two samples of the Blueberry Muffin, after I reviewed the Cinnamon Cereal Crunch.

Mixability

This mixed better than CCC. Not that I had an issue with CCC, just a few clumps. I also noticed that the BM mixes A LOT thinner than the CCC. I personally like thicker shakes, so that was a tad disappointing, but not surprising.

Macros/Profile

130 cals
25 grams protein
2 grams carbs
2 grams fat

Anyone can use this.

Taste

I first took a big whiff of the powder. It did smell like a blueberry muffin or pancake mix. The blueberry smell was not as distinct, but it was there.

My expectations for the taste were high given my experience with CCC. I had no expectations for that flavor, but it blew my mind. Blueberry muffin was solid. Not as good as CCC, but very good. Whenever I have a muffin, to this day, I remove the top, eat that, and then eat the body/base of the muffin. Imagine how the base/body of a blueberry muffin tastes, that is the exact flavor here. It is the portion of the muffin that is not overly sweet because it doesn't have that sugar coating.

Additionally, I got more of a muffin/"flour" flavor than blueberry. It was good, I just wish there was more blueberries. Think of it as a muffin which you need to search for the blueberries. I would say the ratio is about 70/30 in terms of muffin to blueberry.

Bottom Line

If you are searching for that outside the box flavor and enjoy blueberry muffins, I would say try this. The powder alone is pretty similar to a blueberry muffin, but not the top where all of the extra sugar is. I liked the flavor, but would have enjoyed it more if it was sweeter and if it had more of a blueberry taste to it. This could be really good in oatmeal, pancakes, muffins, etc. To get a real blueberry breakfast item, I would just add a touch of sweetener and I would imagine it would taste like the real deal.

8.5/10

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
July 1, 2017
Lower Power

Very good workout today. I wanted to stick with a heavier weight for all sets. After the first set at 320, I thought I would have a better workout at 315. I think I could have done another set or two at 320, the first set felt shaky, but that was probably just me getting used to it. I was very happy with depth and keeping my upper back tight. When I was doing post workout stretching, I noticed my lower right lat was a tad tight. It is not my lower back, it is the lat. I think I did something to it on the first set of hip thrusts. I felt the movement in my hamstrings and glutes, but my setup felt on. I only feel this tightness when I stretch. But when I am stretching both sides evenly, I do not feel anything. It is only when I exaggerate the stretch on the right side.

I'm not concerned about it, but since I have the BPC on me, I might as well inject it. I haven't injected today, I will do so pre bed, both the shoulder and my lat. It is going to be a pain in the butt to inject that part of my body though.

Last 8x2 5/13/17

295x2
310x2
325x2
5x315x2
Training

Back Squat 8x2 @ 85%-95% of 1RM (298 - 333 lbs)

320x2
8x315x2

Pause Box Squats

5x185x5

Hip Thrust

295x7,6,6

Lying Leg Curls

125x8,6,6

Leg Extensions

195x7,7,7

Standing Calf Machine

220x8,8,7,7,7

Seated Calf Raise

135x7,6,6,6,6

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,650
Carbs - 238g
  • Fiber - 49g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 80g
  • Sat. - 21g
  • Poly. - 19g
  • Mono. - 19g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
July 2, 2017
Push Hypertrophy

Weight - 160.2

Weight is down a little. Remember, I started on Friday with reducing calories. I am going to go with that intake for this week and see where weight is. If it goes down, I will increase a little.

Training was great today. The shoulder felt a tad achy, but I barely noticed it and the discomfort went away almost right after the seated dumbbell pressing. I actually did three light sets on the seated side delt machine, which I have not touched in two weeks now, and I had zero discomfort.

Lower lat feels perfectly fine too. I am going to attempt 430 for all nine singles tomorrow.

Training

Incline Smith Machine Bench

95x10,10,10,10,12 (weight is just the total amount in plates, not the bar)

Seated DB Shoulder Press

40x10,10,10,10

Close Grip Bench Press

115x12,10,10

Flat DB Press

55x11,10,10

Cable Front Raises with Rope

19x12,11,10

Straight Bar Cable Tricep Pushdown

40.5x12,12,11

Nutrition

High Carb Day

Cals - 3,150
Carbs - 381g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 74g
  • Sat. - 23g
  • Poly. - 23g
  • Mono. - 10g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
July 3, 2017
Pull Power

Before I get to the lifting portion, here is the shoulder update. Yes, I know I do not normally give one on pull days, but I was quite surprised. I was doing my shoulder warm up with my band. As I have mentioned, I feel that discomfort when I do up and overs without a lot of slack (gripping the band with my hands close together) so I have been putting my hands further away. When I did them today, I got my hands just as close as I normally would, and a little bit closer, and no discomfort!

I did not hit as heavy of a set as my last 9x1, but if you add up all the weight, you'll see I moved 15 more pounds. I feel like I could have gotten 435 on the last set, but it would have been very difficult. The 430 moved pretty smoothly on all sets.

I am df

Last 9x1 5/15/17

405x1
6x435x1
2x425x1
Training

Deadlift 9x1 @ 90% - 99% of 1RM (401 - 444 lbs)

9x430x1

Weighted Pullups

10x5,5,5

107.5x7,7,6

120x7,7,6

142.5x7,6,6

Reverse Pec Deck

120x7,7,6,6

Nutrition

Low Carb

Cals - 2,650
Carbs - 238g
  • Fiber - 50g
Protein - 250g
Fat - 82g
  • Sat. - 26g
  • Poly. - 13g
  • Mono. - 23g

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
July 4, 2017
Legs Hypertrophy

Happy fourth.

I am going to inject some of that BPC into my hamstring for the next week or so. I mentioned that my right hamstring, where it connects to the glute, was a little achy and it still is.

Odd day at the gym today. I was getting ready for one of my exercises and I heard someone yell fire. I looked up, since it came from the cardio deck above where I was. A guy ran down the steps, still yelling fire. Everyone was just standing around looking. The staff made an announcement to evacuate, no one did though. The guy that initially yelled fire was on the bottom floor, alerting staff members. He grabbed an extinguisher and let it rip. I couldn't see anything, there was any smoke either, but you could definitely get that smell of rubber or plastic burning. It seems like one of the cardio machines started to spark up. We then all evacuated and had to wait 15-20 minutes before going back in.

Training.

Cybex Squat Press

420x10,10,10,10,10,10

25x12,12,12

Leg Extensions

125x12,11,11,10

Seated Hamstring Curl

90x12,11,10

Seated Calf

90x12,12,12,11,11

Standing Calf Raises