• RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not that SNS is a cosmetic company but I'm surprised at the lack of discussion on anti-aging skin products.

Bodybuilders are always so concerned on how their body looks, but nobody should want to be looking old and wrinkly.

@sns877you ever get request for cosmetics directed towards bodybuilders?

Also: Anti-Aging means to me; anything that keeps me feeling yourhfull healthy and helps prevent age related diseases/decline. I want to move a feel good as long as I'm here. I'm not to hopeful for anything that will possibly add years to my life. Especially considering all the uncontrollable variables that can affect my existence. I want to feel good now.

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
Donotage.com is where I get my Spermidine. I would love a cheaper version. Another formula that I would rank worth looking at is from Novos Labs. Its come in powder form, which is why I don't use it. I drink protein powder, creatine, etc. and don't need another drink to add to the mix.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Donotage.com is where I get my Spermidine. I would love a cheaper version. Another formula that I would rank worth looking at is from Novos Labs. Its come in powder form, which is why I don't use it. I drink protein powder, creatine, etc. and don't need another drink to add to the mix.
Thank you for the input. If we do a Spermidine, it'll definitely be less expensive than that.

I looked at their powder, I can see why they did a powder (bc it would require so many capsules), but I'm overall not a fan of the formula. It isn't terrible, but I think it could be a lot better, especially for the price.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not that SNS is a cosmetic company but I'm surprised at the lack of discussion on anti-aging skin products.

Bodybuilders are always so concerned on how their body looks, but nobody should want to be looking old and wrinkly.

@sns877you ever get request for cosmetics directed towards bodybuilders?

Also: Anti-Aging means to me; anything that keeps me feeling yourhfull healthy and helps prevent age related diseases/decline. I want to move a feel good as long as I'm here. I'm not to hopeful for anything that will possibly add years to my life. Especially considering all the uncontrollable variables that can affect my existence. I want to feel good now.
Thank you. I really appreciate the input and you explaining what it means to you; and I think that is what it means to a lot of people - in the sense of improving quality of life in the here and now and as we age. As you said, there are so many variables that its impossible to know if something can actually increase lifespan bc something else can always kill you even if one thing is working to possibly contribute to extending it.

Cosmetics is a completely different market with different legalities and its such a saturated market. I'd be open to unique ideas and things that would be feasible for us to do; but overall, its a tough market to be competitive in.

Drakee

Drakee

Awards
  • Established
Spermidine is good anti-aging but I'm not a fan, its pro-depressive due to nr2b potentiation & concomitant ampa/kainate blockade.
Used sparingly to induce autophagy wouldnt be bad, but not daily use.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Spermidine is good anti-aging but I'm not a fan, its pro-depressive due to nr2b potentiation & concomitant ampa/kainate blockade.
Used sparingly to induce autophagy wouldnt be bad, but not daily use.
Spermidine is an interesting one because most people do use it daily and the dosage range varies from 1 mg. to 10 mg. or more.

In considering using it in a multi-ingredient formula, one could make an argument that its best used separately, but if we exclude it from the formula product, a lot of people would consider it to look incomplete without it.

One of those danged if you do, danged if you don't type of things.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm sure they can !!
I've had a formula idea for the anti-aging line based around muscle preservation ever since I started thinking about doing a line up products for the anti-aging/longevity market.

I think that holding onto muscle and strength is one of the most overlooked aspects of aging - a lot of people don't think about it until its too late.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For Spermidine especially, the dosage range is all over the place, anywhere from 1 mg. per day to 20 mg. per day it seems
I don’t think anyone would complain about the highest dose possible of Spermadine. People love it!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don’t think anyone would complain about the highest dose possible of Spermadine. People love it!
I'm thinking about doing 10 mg. capsules.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm thinking about doing 10 mg. capsules.
I was actually referring to “something else,” but that sounds very nice. I’m sure my body could use some!

Sorry, I’m in rare form. Which really means I’m at my baseline.

Definitely interested in this as single ingredient product, or multi ingredient!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you for the interest.

Here is a thread I'd started awhile ago asking people what they'd like in a multi-vitamin if you or anyone is interested:

I think the reasons why a lot of companies use the more basic forms in a multi-vitamin are:
- Price - to keep the price down
- Capsule/tablet considerations - the more advanced forms have smaller yields, meaning more mg. included to give the desired dose, which then can lead to more capsules/tablets per day.
- Consume awareness - less than 2% of the general population knows about the different types of vitamins and minerals but the other 98% are more concerned with the above factors.

For basic multi-vitamins, I like and trust the NOW Foods brand. But I actually don't know of a good one available with the more advanced forms that I actually like and would trust; that's part of what really led to my desire to want to offer one.
Vitalea ftw for a multi

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm starting PQQ today. Any chance you'll be doing a cat's claw/AC-11 product?
We've only ever been asked a couple of times.

I had reached out to the company that has the patent on the AC-11 type and to say that they were one of the most unfriendly branded ingredient companies I've ever talked with would be me being polite. Plus, their yearly 'requirements' are ridiculous; I'm not sure if that's something they actually stick to, but if so, I can see why more brands don't use them and why many that did stopped using them.

I had been considering it despite the way they are, but I'll be totally honest and say that when I really got into reading the real studies on it, I wasn't nearly as impressed as I was at first glance at it.

There's a possibility that we may include it in the anti-aging/longevity products, but I think there's going to be a lot of ingredients in them that I like better.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interesting, look forward to seeing what you put out in this arena.

A

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've had a formula idea for the anti-aging line based around muscle preservation ever since I started thinking about doing a line up products for the anti-aging/longevity market.

I think that holding onto muscle and strength is one of the most overlooked aspects of aging - a lot of people don't think about it until its too late.
I am with you on that 1000%%%%. Dr Gabriel Lyon mention that muscle should be consider the biggest organ of the body. Than again with Anabolic Effect with shilajit and korean mistletoe this is an aswome start to prevent muscle loss due to aging.

Last edited:
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

I think this a cool idea, because some ingredients that may reduce, for example, sarcopenia, may not translate well for us who aren’t experiencing age-related muscle loss.

Interesting stat: “Muscle mass decreases approximately 3–8% per decade after the age of 30 and this rate of decline is even higher after the age of 60”

Falco1098

Falco1098

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Spermidine is an interesting one because most people do use it daily and the dosage range varies from 1 mg. to 10 mg. or more.

In considering using it in a multi-ingredient formula, one could make an argument that its best used separately, but if we exclude it from the formula product, a lot of people would consider it to look incomplete without it.

One of those danged if you do, danged if you don't type of things.
Exaclty. And i think everything in the anti aging formula would definitely benefit form a break in usage. So use for 3 months then take 3 months off. Or use EOD. Or if it is strong enough just 1x per week.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am with you on that 1000%%%%. Dr Gabriel Lyon mention that muscle should be consider the biggest organ of the body. Than again with Anabolic Effect with shilajit and korean mistletoe this is an aswome start to prevent muscle loss due to aging.
I agree. I think a lot of people overlook how good Anabolic Effect could be at helping prevent muscle loss with aging.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Exaclty. And i think everything in the anti aging formula would definitely benefit form a break in usage. So use for 3 months then take 3 months off. Or use EOD. Or if it is strong enough just 1x per week.
The plan as it stands now is to do one overall very super comprehensive product and then 3 to 4 different formulation products for people that would rather address one specific aspect of it than have an overall one.

Note: The muscle retention product will be separate regardless and not be in the overall one that will address senescence, autophagy, mitochondria, etc. because it would take too many capsules and some people may not want or care about that aspect (even though they should)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 Do you think this anti aging product will be released in 2023?
I would like to hope so, but there are a lot of variables in that - launching an anti-aging/longevity sub-brand is a passion of mine and something I really want to do, but right now all available cashflow is going back into increase existing inventory levels and coming out with several new products that are priorities under the existing brands.

So yes, I want to - but we have to be smart about how we allocate cashflow and funds to do it. Most of the companies in the longevity/anti-aging space that aren't scam type companies are companies that are basically marketing companies and have huge equity and cashflow behind them.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What do you think of it?
I remember it used to be marketed as the new ‘fountain of youth’
I think it 'works'. I think it reduces cortisol, aids recovery, and probably boosts gh. Sleep was great, and if you took it for very extended periods it's probably amazing for anti-aging. It has some strong effects on cholesterol from what I've read, as well. It was good enough tht I ran it several times.

T

THEstudent

Awards
I think it 'works'. I think it reduces cortisol, aids recovery, and probably boosts gh. Sleep was great, and if you took it for very extended periods it's probably amazing for anti-aging. It has some strong effects on cholesterol from what I've read, as well. It was good enough tht I ran it several times.
I agree with most of this. Especially the sleep part. Emeric Delczeg is the main propagator of Humanofort and he really pushes it hard. I still don't understand how it works but it does something. Emeric claims it facilitates and optimizes many processes in the body. It seems similar to Young/Youth Tissue Extract. Emeric says they are similar except the way Humanofort is processed makes it more effective.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Has anybody here used humanofort?
What do you think of it?
I remember it used to be marketed as the new ‘fountain of youth’
I agree with most of this. Especially the sleep part. Emeric Delczeg is the main propagator of Humanofort and he really pushes it hard. I still don't understand how it works but it does something. Emeric claims it facilitates and optimizes many processes in the body. It seems similar to Young/Youth Tissue Extract. Emeric says they are similar except the way Humanofort is processed makes it more effective.
I tried this ingredient years ago and never got anything out of it personally.

I did attempt to be able to offer one though because a few people had requested it, but he is impossible to work with - I mentioned this in the Tell Us What You Want From Us Thread - he will sell the raw materials but he won't allow companies to call it Humanofort - which defeats the entire purpose of using/offering it.

We work with dozens of branded ingredient companies regularly and it was honestly one of the most ridiculous experiences that I've ever run into - there is zero reason to pay an overpriced premium for an ingredient and then not be able to call it by its name, so we passed on this one.

T

THEstudent

Awards
I tried this ingredient years ago and never got anything out of it personally.

I did attempt to be able to offer one though because a few people had requested it, but he is impossible to work with - I mentioned this in the Tell Us What You Want From Us Thread - he will sell the raw materials but he won't allow companies to call it Humanofort - which defeats the entire purpose of using/offering it.

We work with dozens of branded ingredient companies regularly and it was honestly one of the most ridiculous experiences that I've ever run into - there is zero reason to pay an overpriced premium for an ingredient and then not be able to call it by its name, so we passed on this one.
@sns8778 he must have made an exception with one company or he may own part of it because this one I have by NutriSync literally has Humanofort big as day on the front of the bottle and in the supplement facts.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778 he must have made an exception with one company or he may own part of it because this one I have by NutriSync literally has Humanofort big as day on the front of the bottle and in the supplement facts.
That one has been around for years. I pointed out that exact fact about how that brand and another at the time had it on their label, and the excuse I received back, I can't go into without saying anything negative about other parties involved.

I will state though that prior to my conversation with them inquiring about using the ingredient, I had ordered a bottle of that product back in 2018 (the one you have listed) and the bottle I received at the time from Amazon had expired almost a year prior to when I received it.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That one has been around for years. I pointed out that exact fact about how that brand and another at the time had it on their label, and the excuse I received back, I can't go into without saying anything negative about other parties involved.

I will state though that prior to my conversation with them inquiring about using the ingredient, I had ordered a bottle of that product back in 2018 (the one you have listed) and the bottle I received at the time from Amazon had expired almost a year prior to when I received it.
That's not good !!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's not good !!
Yeah, I honestly have nothing good to say about any of my experience as related to Humanofort as an ingredient, a product, or in the absolute ridiculous mess that it was inquiring into using it in a product when some people asked me to. (I was not a fan of the idea even then, but was trying to give people what they wanted).

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
Look into GlyNAC and luteolin as anti aging compounds as well. They both look very promising.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Look into GlyNAC and luteolin as anti aging compounds as well. They both look very promising.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have Luteolin in my tentative formula I have designed.

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. Seems your really doing your homework on this topic. I cant wait to see final formula.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Awesome. Seems your really doing your homework on this topic. I cant wait to see final formula.
Thank you. I've been researching these ingredients for years, really before many of them ever caught on and got more well-known. I'm excited to be able to do these formulas; just having to prioritize getting some existing inventory levels where they need to be first because cash flow wise, doing an anti-aging/longevity sub-brand is going to be a substantial investment most likely.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Malbranque

Malbranque

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I use resveratrol and astragalus root daily. Currently using SNS' Urolithin B for the pomegranate anti aging effects, but literally only started the Urolithin B on Monday. Cycloastragenol and TA65 are amazing but far, far too expensive to run as a staple.
With the cost of living rising rapidly, it's getting to the stage where I have to pick one or two supplements a month. Ick

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
High-Dose Spermidine Supplementation Does Not Increase Spermidine Levels in Blood Plasma and Saliva of Healthy Adults: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Pharmacokinetic and Metabolomic Study

“In 12 healthy volunteers, 15 mg/d of spermidine was administered orally, and blood and saliva samples were taken…(3) Results: Compared with a placebo, spermidine supplementation significantly increased spermine levels in the plasma, but it did not affect spermidine or putrescine levels. No effect on salivary polyamine concentrations was observed. (4) Conclusions: This study’s results suggest that dietary spermidine is presystemically converted into spermine, which then enters systemic circulation. Presumably, the in vitro and clinical effects of spermidine are at least in part attributable to its metabolite, spermine. It is rather unlikely that spermidine supplements with doses d exert any short-term effects.”

BUT…

“Second, it can be postulated that the in vitro and clinical effects of spermidine are not solely due to spermidine itself but may also be attributed to its metabolite, spermine, which is formed in the body prior to or in peripheral tissues”

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
High-Dose Spermidine Supplementation Does Not Increase Spermidine Levels in Blood Plasma and Saliva of Healthy Adults: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Pharmacokinetic and Metabolomic Study

“In 12 healthy volunteers, 15 mg/d of spermidine was administered orally, and blood and saliva samples were taken…(3) Results: Compared with a placebo, spermidine supplementation significantly increased spermine levels in the plasma, but it did not affect spermidine or putrescine levels. No effect on salivary polyamine concentrations was observed. (4) Conclusions: This study’s results suggest that dietary spermidine is presystemically converted into spermine, which then enters systemic circulation. Presumably, the in vitro and clinical effects of spermidine are at least in part attributable to its metabolite, spermine. It is rather unlikely that spermidine supplements with doses d exert any short-term effects.”

BUT…

“Second, it can be postulated that the in vitro and clinical effects of spermidine are not solely due to spermidine itself but may also be attributed to its metabolite, spermine, which is formed in the body prior to or in peripheral tissues”

If I'm not mistaken though, doesn't that contradict a lot of other studies?

When I looked into this awhile back, and I looked into it a lot, it seemed like it was overwhelmingly studied and felt that it does increase both spermidine and spermine levels in the body.

Studies are great, but when there's one outlier study that contradicts the vast majority of others, I have a hard time believing the one over the many AND there are some other factors on some studies that make me question a few things, but I won't go into those right now bc I don't know if it applies to that or not.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If I'm not mistaken though, doesn't that contradict a lot of other studies?

When I looked into this awhile back, and I looked into it a lot, it seemed like it was overwhelmingly studied and felt that it does increase both spermidine and spermine levels in the body.

Studies are great, but when there's one outlier study that contradicts the vast majority of others, I have a hard time believing the one over the many AND there are some other factors on some studies that make me question a few things, but I won't go into those right now bc I don't know if it applies to that or not.
Haven’t read every word in the study yet, but they do state: “Finally, epidemiological studies that have correlated dietary spermidine intake with biological effects are challenged by our results, as such studies have not considered the variability of presystemic spermidine metabolism and dietary spermine intake.”

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Seems like they’re saying while spermidine may not be what’s driving the benefits, it’s metabolite is. But like you said, it appears to contradict other studies

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is all over my head !!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just buy it when it comes out! Dont worry it will be amazing for longevity. I would recommend though with any of these longevity items to go 30d on 30d off. Similar to ashwaganda.

If SNS makes it, I trust it !!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is all over my head !!!
In a nutshell, Spermidine is an anti-aging/longevity ingredient that has some really good studies on it. The one that he posted, the results seem to contradict some of the others, but not in that its saying it doesn't work, its more saying that it may work in a different way than thought.

I love science, I love research, and I love studies - but sometimes there gets to be so many on a particular ingredient that things can contradict or seem to contradict when they're really just trying to present a different viewpoint as in the researchers trying to make theirs stand out.

From a practical application standpoint, I don't trust a lot of the brands that offer this ingredient because its expensive and there are known supply chain issues. We plan to offer it as a single ingredient product and also in a formulation product later on in the year.

The anti-aging/longevity project is something I hope to do later in the year because its going to be an expensive undertaking and I think that its important that we get inventory levels improved on existing products before we try to do it - but when we do, I think it will be awesome and I'm very excited about it.

It will be a sub-brand - meaning that it will have a different labeling and branding, but it won't be like CEL or Muscle Addiction where its a completely separate company. It will be acknowledged as being by SNS, it will just have its own 'branding' - the reason for this is that by doing so, we can list it on the SNS website to our existing customers BUT for people that are interested in anti-aging/longevity and may not be familiar with SNS, they will be able to go to a specific website for this new sub-brand and see website dedicated specifically to this rather than having to go thru 70+ products on the regular website.