dumplin716
Member
I take a statin for high cholesterol. Keeps my cholesterol in the 150ish range. Cholesterol pushing 300 without it. I take it that I could not take Andromass due to the "drug interaction" warning? Just checking. Thanks in advance.
How does that change the drug interaction?
Don't listen to that advice op
I think he is referring to controlling high cholesterol levels through diet as opposed to a statin.
theres a linear increase of risk for CVD with increased LDL
There's nothing I can say to sway you from thinking statins are a good idea or that total cholesterol is a valid predictor of future CV events. To me, it would be in his bets interest to fix his diet (high fat, high protein, low carb) than to spend his money on a drug that has not been shown to lower the rate of CVD. Like I said, though, there's not a lot of money to be made by either doctors or pharmaceutical companies if people were given good information regarding nutrition and exercise.
There's nothing I can say to sway you from thinking statins are a good idea or that total cholesterol is a valid predictor of future CV events. To me, it would be in his bets interest to fix his diet (high fat, high protein, low carb) than to spend his money on a drug that has not been shown to lower the rate of CVD. Like I said, though, there's not a lot of money to be made by either doctors or pharmaceutical companies if people were given good information regarding nutrition and exercise.
Are you basically saying Statins are useless? That they do not reduce CVD or CVD deaths? Because if so I must strongly disagree with you as a JAMA meta analysis as shown among many other singular trials.
Invalid Link Removed
you need building blocks for atheroclerosis to develop
your response is simple and complex at the same time. Yes lifestyle changes would be beneficial and may deter medications but compliance is the main issue. For instance, I just walked by the hospital 10 min ago, what did I see? A patient hooked up to a IV drip smoking a cig. I can guarantee you 100% that she was advised not to smoke. Did she listen, hell no. If you spend any amount of time in a clinic, you would understand this issue. We do advise lifestyle changes during appointment. A lot of times, patients can't afford treatment, so we offer what advice we can.
sometimes your daily activities make it complicated for you to make lifestyle changes. I go to school 8 hours a day, do lab work after, go to the library after, by the time I get home, it's about midnight or later. I know the importance of exercise and diet. Do I practice it, not really cause I'm so dam busy. My blood pressure is rising cause of stress. Non-drug therapy would be to eliminate stress. Can I eliminate it, hell no. I'm surrounded it.
Noncompliance is even riddled thru-out bodybuilding forums, even though forums consists of a skewed population. If this is a skewed population, how do you think the mean population will perform. And to take it even further, what about the people at the opposite end of the spectrum.
Not all doctors all are greedy pocket pinchers. You're not looking at the whole story.
One could probably think the same way about supplement companies. Why not just adjust diet and exercise to lose that extra 1-2% of body fat instead of using fat loss supplements. Why don't reps advise not to use their supps, instead focus more on tweaking diet and exercise and use that money towards buying a proper meal.
No, and don't try to straw man this.
Are you saying that there's a lot of hypocrisy in the medical community? Wow!! That's really groundbreaking. It's another reason that it is difficult to take many of them seriously. Very few of them are educated in exercise and nutrition, which should always be the first course of action. Hell, it's only a recent development that they even advocate resistance training.
I hate the "pill for every ill" position of the American medical community. Restore balance to the body and it will correct itself, but, as I said, that's not a very profitable endeavor. It really doesn't help that the diets advocated by doctors and the USDA are high carb, which often leads to insulin resistance and hyperlipidmeia.
No, and don't try to straw man this.
Not to mention that there isn't strong evidence linking high cholesterol to CVD.
Which I posted the antithesis to. Yet get a smart ass remark instead of clarification.To me, it would be in his bets interest to fix his diet (high fat, high protein, low carb) than to spend his money on a drug that has not been shown to lower the rate of CVD.
Clarify then, don't be a **** about it for ****s sake.
You said
But yet the lowering of cholesterol reduces the rate of CVD. If you just have nothing to back you up, say so, it is your opinion, otherwise don't start off as a jack ass when I ask you a question and provide a meta analysis to back up my position.
Then you say:
Which I posted the antithesis to. Yet get a smart ass remark instead of clarification.
No, and don't try to straw man this.
Are you saying that there's a lot of hypocrisy in the medical community? Wow!! That's really groundbreaking. It's another reason that it is difficult to take many of them seriously. Very few of them are educated in exercise and nutrition, which should always be the first course of action. Hell, it's only a recent development that they even advocate resistance training.
I hate the "pill for every ill" position of the American medical community. Restore balance to the body and it will correct itself, but, as I said, that's not a very profitable endeavor. It really doesn't help that the diets advocated by doctors and the USDA are high carb, which often leads to insulin resistance and hyperlipidmeia.
I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you because you have shown time and again that you are extremely stubborn and will not budge from your position. It's also a tad ironic that you can me a jackass you go on a tirade.
Funny you post that since there is not mention of any dietary interventions, which will not only be cheaper, but also is just as efficacious and has no side effects. Instead of attacking just the hypercholestemia, you can attack the other dangers such as Metabolic Syndrome. Again, quit being a shill of the drug companies and learn how to eat properly. you'll not only extend your life, but increase the quality of your life.