Androgel comparison to Test Cyp

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys!

I've been on 200mg/wk of test cyp for years as medically prescribed TRT.

I just got my hands on a box of 30 Androgel (1%) packets (intended to be used as one packet per day).

My question is if I go off the test cyp for 30 days and try the Androgel packets daily instead, am I getting an equivalent or lower dosage of test throughout the month?

Thanks in advance.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey guys!

I've been on 200mg/wk of test cyp for years as medically prescribed TRT.

I just got my hands on a box of 30 Androgel (1%) packets (intended to be used as one packet per day).

My question is if I go off the test cyp for 30 days and try the Androgel packets daily instead, am I getting an equivalent or lower dosage of test throughout the month?

Thanks in advance.
Why would you even consider that? Injections are much better than topicals.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
200mg Test Cyp is around 140mg test base.
The estimation for Tgel absorption seems to be around 10% and each androgel dose has 50mg of test if I remember correctly. So you might need up to 4 doses of Tgel. But nobody knows how you will react to the gel. If you want to swith to gel then start with the suggested daily dose of 50/100mg and test after few weeks.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
1% is a piss in the bucket
Women have more testosterone then in the pack lol

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Either way, it’s a given, test injections are much better than gels. Why someone would want to skip injections and go to gels makes no logical sense to me. If someone was going to use it to blast with, so be it but you’d still be better off with injections.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
200mg Test Cyp is around 140mg test base.
The estimation for Tgel absorption seems to be around 10% and each androgel dose has 50mg of test if I remember correctly. So you might need up to 4 doses of Tgel. But nobody knows how you will react to the gel. If you want to swith to gel then start with the suggested daily dose of 50/100mg and test after few weeks.
dmso is a game changer...also if using androgel put some on balls, it was pretty effective for me using dmso and putting a dab on balls. I was getting it for a $20 monthly co-pay back then, test cyp is much, much cheaper AND more effective tbh.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Imagine you have the task of painting a huge beautiful picture, you have all the brushes and colors of paint to get it done perfectly right in front of you... and you pick up a box of crayons instead.
It’s not paint, or brushes, or really what you need for the task, but technically it’ll still work.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
waste (x% of total amt), cost and royal pita of daily rubbing (seriously - we've all done the dermacrine and OL topicals I bet, how f'n annoying after ~2 weeks), not to mention effectiveness - would keep me away.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
waste (x% of total amt), cost and royal pita of daily rubbing (seriously - we've all done the dermacrine and OL topicals I bet, how f'n annoying after ~2 weeks), not to mention effectiveness - would keep me away.
glad you are only speaking for yourself, right?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It works for some but most guys on this forum that started with gels went to injections and had better results. I’m included in that. It’s just not as effective as injecting.

DaeshDontSurf

DaeshDontSurf

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
probably i speak for some former topical users, and probably not others. iconic formulations - topical company? but compared to pill every day or needle 1, 2x week or even eod - no way can say topicals more convenient. maybe equal to everyday injection. still waste - paying for more product to get lesser amount through skin. take dhea - have to be fool to pay for topical when cheap sublingual tab elevate levels to top of range. topical "supplements" just end run around fda, since not consumed - treated as cosmetics i think. oh well, do research and make choice, not like everyone not have google, lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
probably i speak for some former topical users, and probably not others. iconic formulations - topical company? but compared to pill every day or needle 1, 2x week or even eod - no way can say topicals more convenient. maybe equal to everyday injection. still waste - paying for more product to get lesser amount through skin. take dhea - have to be fool to pay for topical when cheap sublingual tab elevate levels to top of range. topical "supplements" just end run around fda, since not consumed - treated as cosmetics i think. oh well, do research and make choice, not like everyone not have google, lol
you might be surprised to hear that many are fans of topicals...if you are not that's ok too, you can't please everyone.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It works for some but most guys on this forum that started with gels went to injections and had better results. I’m included in that. It’s just not as effective as injecting.
I am also in that group...been injecting for little over 10 years.
honestly if the cost weren't so high the everyday application was nice for the year or so I was on androgel, it kept things on an even keel. but it is very cost prohibitive.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
honestly if the cost weren't so high the everyday application was nice for the year or so I was on androgel, it kept things on an even keel. but it is very cost prohibitive.
I absolutely hated androgel, but again, some like them and some don’t.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gels also require good absorbtion through the skin. I didn't absorb them very well, even on two packs per day.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

SwoleCoxxx

Awards
dmso is a game changer...also if using androgel put some on balls, it was pretty effective for me using dmso and putting a dab on balls. I was getting it for a $20 monthly co-pay back then, test cyp is much, much cheaper AND more effective tbh.
Y o I'm thinking about doing that, how does using DMSO help it? Do you use it everyday?

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ive been a fan of topicals myself, simply because I live with people i wouldnt want opening my fridge and finding vials, and ive found that topicals dont lose any stability above 65 degrees. Pretty sure i saw someone that was running a topical test cyp and said it works wonderfully. I didnt even know there was such a thing.

As for dmso, it's fine to use every day, just rotate spots and keep it covered with a non-stick bandage if at all possible. It smells like garlic and lingers in fabrics. Supposedly its also good for joint inflammation too but Idk. You can pick it up and pretty much any farm/vet store for next to nothing.

SwoleCoxxx

Awards
Ive been a fan of topicals myself, simply because I live with people i wouldnt want opening my fridge and finding vials, and ive found that topicals dont lose any stability above 65 degrees. Pretty sure i saw someone that was running a topical test cyp and said it works wonderfully. I didnt even know there was such a thing.

As for dmso, it's fine to use every day, just rotate spots and keep it covered with a non-stick bandage if at all possible. It smells like garlic and lingers in fabrics. Supposedly its also good for joint inflammation too but Idk. You can pick it up and pretty much any farm/vet store for next to nothing.
Cool, I have some pharma grade dmso so I wouldn't smell like garlic. So when you used them combined (Assuming) how quick did it raise your t levels?

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cool, I have some pharma grade dmso so I wouldn't smell like garlic. So when you used them combined (Assuming) how quick did it raise your t levels?
I think I got bloods done every 2 weeks(??) But the first test afterward should do something... I could be wrong but I'm sure thats pretty much the case with anything

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

lol...that is a bonus of dmso, vets use it on ligaments of horses for inflamation...I use dmso with iconic formulations products [dermacrine/sustain] sometimes.

I started dabbling with trandermals back when mike ran 1fast400, he used to carry top notch bulks...my favorite was mixing up a batch of formestane/6oxo, fantastic combo.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Dude unless you live in a sauna there’s not need to store injectable test in the fridge.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Dude unless you live in a sauna there’s not need to store injectable test in the fridge.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
lol...that is a bonus of dmso, vets use it on ligaments of horses for inflamation...I use dmso with iconic formulations products [dermacrine/sustain] sometimes.

I started dabbling with trandermals back when mike ran 1fast400, he used to carry top notch bulks...my favorite was mixing up a batch of formestane/6oxo, fantastic combo.
Boy do I miss those days. Shopping at 1Fast400, Nutraplanet and the others was a blast - the stuff we could buy back then and for next to nothing ... and then the Government stepped in to protect us. The bastards.

thebigt = when you use DMSO, do you use it prior to applying the other TD product, or do you mix DMSO with the TD product and apply together?

I've done both - now I have a roll on DMSO (looks like a roll on deodorant) that apply apply first, wait 30 seconds, then apply the other TD.

After it dries, I apply a moisturizer (tests show it increases absorption by approx 13%)

Thoughts?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Boy do I miss those days. Shopping at 1Fast400, Nutraplanet and the others was a blast - the stuff we could buy back then and for next to nothing ... and then the Government stepped in to protect us. The bastards.

thebigt = when you use DMSO, do you use it prior to applying the other TD product, or do you mix DMSO with the TD product and apply together?

I've done both - now I have a roll on DMSO (looks like a roll on deodorant) that apply apply first, wait 30 seconds, then apply the other TD.

After it dries, I apply a moisturizer (tests show it increases absorption by approx 13%)

Thoughts?
sounds like you have it right...dmso 1st then transdermal....I never used to use a moisturizer back in the day, but at least once a day I apply after transdermal dries...

The Stig

Awards
What dose of androgel? I tried 5mg / day recently and it was good at first, but at the 3 week mark, shut me down and made me feel like hell.