Andrew's on going video review(s) with Advanced Muscle Science

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, long story short Royd the Noyd got in touch with me and propositioned me to do some video reviews / workout vids with Advanced Muscle Science.

Needless to say, I was overly enthused to work with AMS as they have a bunch of solid products I have been itching to get my hands on. Well, they delivered and now this thread with contain all of my video reviews and workout videos for AMS. Enjoy and I'll kick it off with a little intro for all youz folks dat cant do no readdin.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice hook up! Will be following, your video logs are entertaining for sure, good pick by Royd the Noyd!

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Hit some powerlifting movements today as I get back into the swing of things here at home after being sick and out of the gym for close to a week.

Took 2 scoops of pump fixx preworkout . . . definitely a much better taste with about 4 oz of water / scoop. Pretty good workout considering illness is still upon me.

Started off with flat bench. The bar had different grooves on it (closer than usual) and when I started off with 225 I sort of messed up my shoulder a little bit. Repositioned my hands and things got better. Kept it in the 3-4 rep range with 235 and then down to 225 for a total of 5 sets. Little weaker than last week but I blame that on the new gym and sickness.

Moved over to deadlifts . . . again stupid hexagon plates messed me up and I was only able to pull 405 instead of the 455 I pulled last week. Not the best in terms of lifts but it happens time to time. I think it was 4 sets of 1 rep (I keep my deadlift reps really low to prevent any low back pain)

Moved over to squats and banged out 8 sets. I have found that hitting squats hard has given me the best leg development and strength Ive ever had. So started off with 225 for 2 reps to get a feel for the bar and rack. Moved up to 315 for 3 reps for 3 sets. Dropped down to 295 for 4 reps and then 3 reps. Dropped down to 275 for 5 reps for 2 sets.

Legs are feeling amazing . . . tomorrow is upper back (trying to get back to my old schedule) and I'll def get some footage and throw together something for you guys.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use to train at 24 hour fitness and couldn't stand those hex plates. Glad I'm at another gym now.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got a chance to watch the video. Good stuff. Pump Fixx is actually carbonated for a reason. ...in layman's terms:

If all that wasn’t enough in terms of muscle buffering, the entire Pump Fixx platform is designed in a base of sodium hydrogen carbonate and potassium hydrogen carbonate. Bicarbonates or hydrogen carbonates have an extensive history of use for buffering and enhancing strenuous workouts. When undergoing intensive training, muscle cells utilize large amounts of energy (ATP) in relatively short periods of time. The problem is ATP production resulting from intense training produces rapid accumulations of lactic acid. If lactic acid is buffered appropriately, performance can degrade quickly and the onset of fatigue can occur. Again, by helping to rid the body of some of these potent by-products of intense training, muscles can work harder and longer before the onset of fatigue.
More technical:

Pump fixx has a conjugate acid base pair. A weak acid and weak base.When you combine a acid to this pair it resists change in ph. This has to do with the common ion effect. Suppose you have HCL..Hydrochloric acid..If you put that in solution it ionizes to chloride ions (CL) and hydrogen ions (H). Acualy it does not form hydrogen ions because hydrogen ions cannot exist in solution. They join a water molecule to form H30 which is a hydronium ion. It is these hydrogen ions or protons that increase the acidity in solution and decrease the PH. Now if you have sodium bicarbonate NACO3 and you put in solution you get NA ions and HCO3 ion. When combined with an hydrochloric acid you get NAHCO3 + HCL----> NACl+H2O+C02.. salt, water, carbon dioxide is the product..And since it is protons/Hydrogen ions that are responsible for the acidity as I mentioned above you can see by this reaction how that was neutralized by this buffering system. Many people believe lactic acid is the reason for acidosis/lactic acidosis from exercise..But it is not the case, lactic acid retards acidosis not causes it..It is an indirect marker of acidosis. If muscles did not produce lactate then acidosis would occur sooner and muscle fatigue would occur sooner. The hydrolisis of ATP increases as exercise intensity increases and it exceeds the transporters and buffering systems ability to remove these hydrogen ions. And as I pointed out earlier it is Hydrogen ions which are what cause an increase in acidity. So pump fixx has included basic buffering agents to control proton build up from the hydrolisis of ATP to ADP and P so you can continuing training with intensity beyond what you would have.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
^^ Good reads. Sort of makes sense after a quick skim, going to have to reread in more detail upon my return from the gym though.

I'll be taking another 2 scoops of pump fixx and maybe even a serving of hypertropx . . . I luvs me some BA

Cutting a gym vid later today . . . keep an eye out ;)

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Word. The carbonates provide the same performance enhancing effect that bashing soda does. Thats probably more familiar to people.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
baking soda? lol

as in soda doping correct? Tried that before noticed something but it just tasted too bad to ever use again. Unfortunate though.

Good for me . . . this actually tastes very good haha!

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Holy shiiiiiit! What a weekend

Went down to strong island to spend new years with the gf. Just finished the edit from thursday.

F'ing gym closed at 4pm today . . . looks like Im doing a double session tomorrow. May have to crack open one of my body mortars for that one. any preference on either of the flavors guys?

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Body mortar taste review (fruit punch)

Video edit coming later today.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really awesome video!

Your a damn solid 170!, height/weight wise ya just don't see to many guys lifting what you do, I'm trying;) Hopefully my next cut down I'll be lifting that much for my grappling tourneys:D

Keep up the great vids! Everyone is gonna be sending you supps to log:006:

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
had a sick shoulder workout today . . . stacked pump fixx and hypertropx preworkout.

Probably the best preworkout stack Ive ever used. Thats saying a lot.

got a pic for you guys after lateral raises. Delts were pumped up!

And while flexing.

resistance1

Awards
You dead brah?

Where's the, "This guys all over the road" video at?

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
took a break for a couple of weeks. Coming up with a pump fixx hypertropx stack review in a few days.

sorry I havent made that yet haha.