Anabolic Pump FAQ

AM07

Awards
  • Established
It could very well be either. If you are sensitive to the action of insulin already, than the insulin-reactive pathways AP is mitigating will not see immediate benefit; similarly, if you have been insensitive to the action of insulin, AP may take some time to affect the above mentioned kinases.

How long have you been using the product?
Today is Day 13. Dosing at 3 caps/day. Missed a couple dosages, but it shouldn't make a big difference. I dosed two this morning at once. Will also be dosing two more at once later this evening.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to mulletsoldier for the references, however having read Berberine : by Ray Sahelian, M.D., health benefits , I am not convinced that I should use this product.I am currently following the recommendations L REA has made in his book " Building the perfect beast -naturally" with regard to optimising insulin response and I see no reason to change.

Last edited:
Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks to mulletsoldier for the references, however having read Berberine : by Ray Sahelian, M.D., health benefits , I am not convinced that I should use this product.I am currently following the recommendations L REA has made in his book " Building the perfect beast -naturally" with regard to optimising insulin response and I see no reason to change.
Anabolic Pump is constituted by both Phellodendron, as well as Tannic and Corosolic Acid; the true 'star', so to speak, in this respect is Tannic Acid.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
It's all about the tannins.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And Ray Shelian sells naturopathic products at improper standardization. That page, cora, was advertising.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Please dont get me started on tannic acid which is basic ingredient in the chemical staining of wood. The tannic acid or tannin is already present in woods like oak, walnut, and mahogany. Tannic acid can be applied to woods low in tannin so chemical stains that require tannin content will react.

the information taken from Wikipedia

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Please dont get me started on tannic acid which is basic ingredient in the chemical staining of wood. The tannic acid or tannin is already present in woods like oak, walnut, and mahogany. Tannic acid can be applied to woods low in tannin so chemical stains that require tannin content will react.

the information taken from Wikipedia
lol, You need to expand on your research. Dr.Ray Shelian and Wikipedia are are not necessarily 'worthy' research. If you spent more time you would have found these:

Antidiabetes and Anti-obesity Activity of Lagerstroemia speciosa

Guy Klein

Tannins comprise a large and diverse class of polyphenolic compounds (31,32). Our search for the active components in the tannin fraction of BE was made much easier after we discovered that commercially available tannic acid (TA) shows similar glucose transport stimulatory activity to BE (29). The main components of TA are gallotannins, a subclass of the tannins usually consisting of a glucose core connected to a variable number of galloyl groups via ester bonds (Fig. 5).

TA is known to exhibit various health-beneficial activities (33–36). As a constituent of red wine, it has been shown to effectively reduce blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes patients (37) and the production of endothelin-1 (38), a key protein factor intimately involved in the development of cardiovascular disease (38). In our study, TA was found to be much more potent and efficacious than the ellagitannin Lagerstroemin (29). Therefore, TA was chosen as the focus of our research for isolating active compounds from the tannin fraction of BE. Components of TA were separated by HPLC, and active fractions were identified with a glucose uptake assay in 3T3-L1 adipocytes (29). The study led to the discovery of penta-O-galloyl-D-glucopyranose (PGG) as the most effective compound in TA (Fig. 5, 39). Both anomers of PGG occur in nature (40). The α-anomer was found to be slightly more active than the β-form in its glucose transport stimulatory activity (39).

.....From the known studies, we conclude that tannin molecules are responsible for the insulin-like glucose transport stimulatory activity of the banaba extract. Gallotannins such as PGG appear to be more potent and efficacious than ellagitanins such as Lagerstroemin in IR binding, IR activation and glucose transport induction.
In this same study, they conclude that Corosolic Acid mediated Glucose uptake is stimulated via indirect, non-insulin dependent pathways; such as the activation of Insulin-reactive protein cascades.

Natural anti-diabetic compound 1,2,3,4,6-penta-O-galloyl-d-glucopyranose binds to insulin receptor and activates insulin-mediated glucose transport signaling pathwaystar, open

Yunsheng Lia

Abstract

Insulin mimetics from natural sources are potential therapeutics that can act alone or supplement insulin and other anti-diabetic drugs in the prevention and treatment of diabetes. We recently reported the insulin-like glucose transport stimulatory activity of tannic acid (TA) in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. In this study, we find that chemically synthesized 1,2,3,4,6-penta-O-galloyl-β-d-glucopyranose (β-PGG), one of the components of TA, as well as its natural anomer greek small letter alpha-PGG possess activity. Mechanistic studies in adipocytes with greek small letter alpha-PGG, the more potent of the two anomers, reveal that inhibitors that block the insulin-mediated glucose transport, including one that inhibits the insulin receptor (IR), also completely abolish the glucose transport activated by greek small letter alpha-PGG. In addition, greek small letter alpha-PGG induces phosphorylation of the IR and Akt, activates PI 3-kinase, and stimulates membrane translocation of GLUT 4. Receptor binding studies indicate that greek small letter alpha-PGG binds to the IR and affects the binding between insulin and IR by reducing the maximum binding of insulin to IR without significantly altering the binding affinity of insulin to IR. Western blotting analysis of the products of a cross-linking reaction suggests that greek small letter alpha-PGG may bind to IR at a site located on the greek small letter alpha-subunit of the receptor. Animal studies demonstrate that PGG reduces blood glucose levels and improves glucose tolerance in diabetic and obese animals. Our results suggest that PGG may serve as a model for the development of new types of anti-diabetic and anti-metabolic syndrome therapeutics.
There is no need for the abrasive attitude, especially in respects to your lack of research.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tannins comprise a very wide variety of polyphenol compounds in plant matter.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Ray Sahelian is a person who uses his credentials to get paid by outside companies to tailor a writeup to suit that companies claims based on the company's product profile and the competitor's products. All in all, he's one that gets used to skew information; He's a pawn.

Another thing about Wikipedia... while it may be a somewhat useful compilation of facts and tidbits, don't take everything it says verbatim. And as far as tannic acid being part of a wood staining ingredient profile, uhhh... SO WHAT? It has no safety issues whatsoever. It's a potent phytochemical and polyphenol.

If you're so hefty with Wikipedia, look up sodium benzoate. As many know, it's a common preservative found in almost ALL canned and jarred products. When combined with vitamin C, it has been shown to form a compound called benzene. Benzene is a well known carcinogen.

Tannic acid has NO safety issues documented to this day.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Dammit Mullet you beat me. You beat me by 5 minutes

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry. It is quite easy to characterize a product, or in the specific case compound, with a sweeping generalization based on one of its applications; however, it is more important to know why it can be used in that respect. TA is used in wood staining treatments as an innate polyphenol-reactor, so to speak - causing a reaction with the Tannins already present within the wood.

It is found in a wide variety of plant-matter, including red wine, and has a myriad of health benefits.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
It infortunate I picked the two websites i did to illustrate other uses of the two ingredients because they now have come in for criticism and take the attention away from my original message.

I apologise if i came across too heavy , but the research seems to be directed to preventing type 2 diabetes, reducing blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes and obese patients.

So why would a healthy individual need this product ?As you can see I am still not convinced.The common denominator in any research always seems to be focused on either animals , or on people who would benefit from the ingredient the most because of some defect in their make up.

If you wish to come back on this please do , but this is as far as i go.Thanks for your time.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
It infortunate I picked the two websites i did to illustrate other uses of the two ingredients because they now have come in for criticism and take the attention away from my original message.

I apologise if i came across too heavy , but the research seems to be directed to preventing type 2 diabetes, reducing blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes and obese patients.

So why would a healthy individual need this product ?As you can see I am still not convinced.The common denominator in any research always seems to be focused on either animals , or on people who would benefit from the ingredient the most because of some defect in their make up.

If you wish to come back on this please do , but this is as far as i go.Thanks for your time.
Apology accepted.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Individuals use this product because it directs carbohydrates to muscle cells and away from fat cells allowing them to gain muscle and lose fat. Also they get insane pumps and good energy.

ajensen11

Awards
I have only used this product for one day and have already noticed the difference, on the first meal alone. No bloat and was actually still hungry, which is really odd since I even increased my carbs by 12g(40g to 52g on that meal). This is an amazing product, just pissed I only bought 2 during the sale.

On the downside, I think I was on the sh!tter 6 times yesterday with the damn runs. Is there any way to offset this? Use more carbs maybe, which I am planning on upping anyways (from 40 to 60-70 from oatmeal)? Of course, this could just be a coincidence and maybe the runs and AP are not correlated.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
On the downside, I think I was on the sh!tter 6 times yesterday with the damn runs. Is there any way to offset this? Use more carbs maybe, which I am planning on upping anyways (from 40 to 60-70 from oatmeal)? Of course, this could just be a coincidence and maybe the runs and AP are not correlated.

"Cleansing" effect should taper down and subside with continued use. AP stimulates peristalsis in the intestines and also functions as an anti microbial. These two in conjunction can sometimes cause a change in bowel movement frequency and consistency. I experience the same thing when I first start an AP cycle but after the first week only the first dose of the day has me faithfully in the loo twenty minutes after dosing. :)

ajensen11

Awards
AP stimulates peristalsis in the intestines and also functions as an anti microbial.
If AP is an antimicrobial, then would this negate the effects of Gut Health, and actually kill the bacteria?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
As a drug, berberine has showed some activity against fungal infections, candida, yeast, parasites, and bacterial/viral infections. Don't think it has the negative effects of healthy flora like your typical antibiiotic such as the 'cillins.

ajensen11

Awards
As a drug, berberine has showed some activity against fungal infections, candida, yeast, parasites, and bacterial/viral infections. Don't think it has the negative effects of healthy flora like your typical antibiiotic such as the 'cillins.
Isnt berberine the main ingredient in Nutraplanet's bulk yellow gold? Though I dont feel anything from that product, even going up to ~1.2g/serving.

Any chance AP is going to go back on sale for $35 any time soon? I really need to stock up, though I just did get 2 more at $38 for the current sale.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
If I feel nothing from the AP, do you think it's useless to even try P-Slin?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not useless. I find many who respond poorly to AP do quite well with P-Slin.

tg31

Awards
I have few question:

1. As i read AP manual from Mulletsoldier, my body categorized as Carbohydrate Non-Responsive and should take AP 3 times daily. what is the best time to take it? I workout at 4.30 PM.

2. When I just wake up, i drink protein shake. can i take AP with my shake 30 minutes before eat my breakfast? or should i take AP before i have my protein shake.
my breakfast are 80 grams oatmeal, 1 banana, and 1 glass juice of vegetable.

3. Can I stack AP with 3AD anabolic xtreme?

Thanks.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have few question:

1. As i read AP manual from Mulletsoldier, my body categorized as Carbohydrate Non-Responsive and should take AP 3 times daily. what is the best time to take it? I workout at 4.30 PM.

2. When I just wake up, i drink protein shake. can i take AP with my shake 30 minutes before eat my breakfast? or should i take AP before i have my protein shake.
my breakfast are 80 grams oatmeal, 1 banana, and 1 glass juice of vegetable.

3. Can I stack AP with 3AD anabolic xtreme?

Thanks.
1. Take it before breakfast, before pre-workout meal, before post-workout meal

2. I would say take before your breakfast. But don't take your AP right with your shake.

3. Yes

Any more questions? Private message me. Thanks!

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
I am expecting some AP in the next few days and would like just a little advice:

I usually work till about 4pm then go home and have a pre workout meal. Then 1.5 hours later i take 3 PowerFULL, and will be taking (its in the same order as the AP) Green Mag as well. 30 mins after this i'll do my workout.

Towards the end of, and after, my workout i'll start drinking Dymatize Mega Gainer (89g's of Carbs, Maltodextrin). About 1 hour later i'll have my dinner/post workout meal, Chicken and wholewheat pasta.

By now it'll be about 8.30-9pm and i'll goto sleep at around 11pm (having a protien shake before last thing before i do). So basically theres a period of 5-6 hours when i constantly digesting. How would i dose the AP during this time?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I am expecting some AP in the next few days and would like just a little advice:

I usually work till about 4pm then go home and have a pre workout meal. Then 1.5 hours later i take 3 PowerFULL, and will be taking (its in the same order as the AP) Green Mag as well. 30 mins after this i'll do my workout.

Towards the end of, and after, my workout i'll start drinking Dymatize Mega Gainer (89g's of Carbs, Maltodextrin). About 1 hour later i'll have my dinner/post workout meal, Chicken and wholewheat pasta.

By now it'll be about 8.30-9pm and i'll goto sleep at around 11pm (having a protien shake before last thing before i do). So basically theres a period of 5-6 hours when i constantly digesting. How would i dose the AP during this time?
I would take it 15-30 minutes before breakfast, then again 15-30 minutes before your pre-workout meal, then again 15 minutes before your gainer concoction.

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
That would mean taking the final dose DURING my workout. Is that ok?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
That would mean taking the final dose DURING my workout. Is that ok?
Yeah, as a matter of fact, I would take Anabolic Pump after my workout before my cooldown. I would literally take it with water, then jump on the elliptical for 20 minutes, then get off and leisurely prepare my post-workout meal. I'll have some dried fruit, granola (gluten and nut free), and 50-60 grams of goat whey.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, as a matter of fact, I would take Anabolic Pump after my workout before my cooldown. I would literally take it with water, then jump on the elliptical for 20 minutes, then get off and leisurely prepare my post-workout meal. I'll have some dried fruit, granola (gluten and nut free), and 50-60 grams of goat whey.
Perfection.

This will work very well.

Best of luck my friend!

Jmonster

Jmonster

Awards
Would there be any benefits from adding some digestive enzymes into the mix when I take my AP?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would there be any benefits from adding some digestive enzymes into the mix when I take my AP?
In terms of efficacy, not necessarily; however, if you are experiencing gastrointestinal distress, a probiotic complex is my most immediate recommendation. Berberine is an anti-microbial, and at high enough dosage (the clinical trials do not demonstrate this negative effect) it can disturb mucosal membrane in the intestine, and induce a 'purging' effect of the bowels (peristalsis). This is a triggering of smooth contractile tissue, kept in check by the aforementioned mucosal lining.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
im looking into using anabolic pump, however, i love taking iron supplements to juice up those red blood cells for energy. ive heard that tannins either interfere with iron absorption, or help the body from gettin too much iron, depending on your goal; i guess its due to tannins ability to bind to iron. im wondering if the tannins extract in anabolic pump is an extract that is tannins, or an extract from tannins which would somehow override what usually happens when we take iron with tannins

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

I will be starting AP at the weekend but wanted to clarify the timing if working out early in the AM. I get up at 6am and then train at 6:30am after a light breakfast (protein shake with banana). I assume that it would be better to take the AP after the workout and 15 mins prior to the PWO shake? Then take the other 2 AP tabs at lunch (12'ish) and evening meal (5'ish).

Thanks

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
im looking into using anabolic pump, however, i love taking iron supplements to juice up those red blood cells for energy. ive heard that tannins either interfere with iron absorption, or help the body from gettin too much iron, depending on your goal; i guess its due to tannins ability to bind to iron. im wondering if the tannins extract in anabolic pump is an extract that is tannins, or an extract from tannins which would somehow override what usually happens when we take iron with tannins
Tannins are general inhibitors of iron absorption. As an iron supplementer, I presume you are conversant with some of the effects of heme-iron (animal-source) overload (increased free-radical assault, higher risk of type II diabetes, higher risk of colon cancer, and so on). Due to poorer absorption, Non-heme iron (plant) sources appear to carry less risks. In any case, disregarding the fact that Anabolic Pump may support relatively lower insulin secretion (=> more efficient "insulin response"), you may want to consider iron-uptake facilitators such as amino acids, citrate, and ascorbate, to neutralize the possible impact of Anabolic Pump tannins on iron absorption.

moe1980

Awards
do u like oats with AP, or complex carb supp that have 53g of carb from 2 scoops?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
do u like oats with AP, or complex carb supp that have 53g of carb from 2 scoops?
I would rank oats before a carb powder simply due to the nutrition from oats. However, either will work well.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
i see some people go up to 4 AP per day when the bottle says 3 times, and the manual...Would this be ok? All of my meals have carbs anyways...

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i see some people go up to 4 AP per day when the bottle says 3 times, and the manual...Would this be ok? All of my meals have carbs anyways...
If you have 16-18 hour day, this would work.
Try and space the doses out 4-6 hours.

However, I only have ever done 3 per day.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I workout in the evening. Usually around 6:30pm. Would taking AP post workout give me issues with sleeping?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I workout in the evening. Usually around 6:30pm. Would taking AP post workout give me issues with sleeping?
No, but just in case try it on a weekend day to be sure.
It is 100% non-stimulant but because of the increased energy output, it may cause a mild disruption for some. However, I personally have never noticed an issue.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are there any added benefits in taking more then 1AP at a time?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are there any added benefits in taking more then 1AP at a time?
If you arrive at this level incrementally, than yes. Do not start your 'cycle' off with 2 per dose, this will not have any benefit. If you slowly continue to add more carbs to your diet, after some time on Anabolic-Pump, you may add 2 capsules per dose. I have done this in rare occasions.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you arrive at this level incrementally, than yes. Do not start your 'cycle' off with 2 per dose, this will not have any benefit. If you slowly continue to add more carbs to your diet, after some time on Anabolic-Pump, you may add 2 capsules per dose. I have done this in rare occasions.
Okay, I've been on AP for about 4 weeks now, and yesterday the girlfriend was cooking dinner with plenty o' simple carbs and I didn't want to be a **** and say I can't eat those simple carbs honey, so I doubled up the AP on this special occasion.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay, I've been on AP for about 4 weeks now, and yesterday the girlfriend was cooking dinner with plenty o' simple carbs and I didn't want to be a **** and say I can't eat those simple carbs honey, so I doubled up the AP on this special occasion.
haha i 100% understand...
Although Anabolic-Pump will not turn crap to gold, it may polish it a tad...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha i 100% understand...
Although Anabolic-Pump will not turn crap to gold, it may polish it a tad...
I'd be lying if I didn't consider taking a laxative before going over there, but I didn't want any false alarms right after we ate, that would have hurt her feelings about what she made.

A slight buffer is all I was hoping for, I definitely wasn't looking for crap to gold, rusted copper maybe.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd be lying if I didn't consider taking a laxative before going over there, but I didn't want any false alarms right after we ate, that would have hurt her feelings about what she made.

A slight buffer is all I was hoping for, I definitely wasn't looking for crap to gold, rusted copper maybe.
haha I got you buddy... :usa2:

almerrick1

Awards
My question is on the powerfull and prime supps. (since they both have on and off day directions of usage) when it says use 5 days on and 2 days off...do they mean on the off days take the off day recommended dosage or do not take anything at all?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My question is on the powerfull and prime supps. (since they both have on and off day directions of usage) when it says use 5 days on and 2 days off...do they mean on the off days take the off day recommended dosage or do not take anything at all?
On an off day, you should not take them at all.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Currently I am trying to cut and added AP to my routine. I'm looking to see if I need to change anything.

Typically I take Leviathan/DCP upon waking, them AP about 45 minutes later, and then a shake of 1 cup whole grain oats, 52 grams whey, and 5 grams fish oil.

workout is about the same...levi/dcp, then workout, take an AP, wait 15 minutes then follow with a pwo shake of 84 grams dextrose, 10 grams taurine, 10 grams glutamine, 5 grams creatine mono, 52 grams whey.

about 5 in the afternoon I do the same as when I wake up.

Usually about an hour or so after the breakfast and afternoon shakes I eat something Southbeach style.

Any recommendations?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Currently I am trying to cut and added AP to my routine. I'm looking to see if I need to change anything.

Typically I take Leviathan/DCP upon waking, them AP about 45 minutes later, and then a shake of 1 cup whole grain oats, 52 grams whey, and 5 grams fish oil.

workout is about the same...levi/dcp, then workout, take an AP, wait 15 minutes then follow with a pwo shake of 84 grams dextrose, 10 grams taurine, 10 grams glutamine, 5 grams creatine mono, 52 grams whey.

about 5 in the afternoon I do the same as when I wake up.

Usually about an hour or so after the breakfast and afternoon shakes I eat something Southbeach style.

Any recommendations?

In all honesty, this looks great. I personally cannot see a need for change.

ppycrsm

Awards
since after i workout therz already a huge window which will shuttle everything in my muscles.....wouldnt it be better for me to just have a post workout shake with some ala and creatine, so i can harness the anabolic effects of insulin after working out, then take ap during my other meals......im not trying to be smart....i just wanna find the best way of getting big using this stuff...
also...during my meals i take a multi vit containing 50 mg of ala.....will that be a problem??
thanks guys