Anabolic Pump FAQ

n87

Awards
  • Established
I also have a quick question, just wanted to make sure.
There is no creatine in AP or P-slin, is there?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also have a quick question, just wanted to make sure.
There is no creatine in AP or P-slin, is there?
Nope! Only USPowders DominATP and USPLabs Jack3d contain creatine.

n87

Awards
  • Established
Ok, thanks!

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
I thought I would ask in here instead of making a new thread. I was hoping you might be able to shed some light on the ideal dosing for me. I have to work around my work schedule. Below is my current schedule. I am dosing before and after my workout. Would you suggest moving my AP meal to Meal 3, for the 6-8 hr half-life? I am dosing it this way to have the AP+carbs before my workout. Thanks for the help.

Meal 1: 7:00am AP

Meal 2: 11:am

Meal 3: 2:00pm

Meal 4: 5:00pm AP

Workout 6:30pm-8:30pm (time varies in which I start my workout)

Meal 5: 7:45-8:30pm AP

Meal 6: 11:00pm

Jedo

Awards
As soon as I'm done my workout, I consume about 50grams of whey isolate. Then about 30-45 minutes later once I get home I have a nice whole-food meal with lots of complex carbs.
So my question is when should I take this dose of AP? Should I take it before my shake as soon as I'm done my workout? Or after the shake and right before my carb meal? I remember reading something about taking AP after insulin has already been released makes it useless. So would the insulin from the whey "waste" my dose of AP if I did it after?

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You should really make an effort to get some carbs in you immediately after your workout. Your body increases GLUT4 naturally when you workout. GLUT4 are the "doorways" to the muscle cell. Take AP before breakfast, before your pre-workout meal and before another meal other than pre-bed and post-workout. AP increases GLUT4 and working out increases GLUT4 so taking AP post-workout is kind of a waste.

shinivan

Awards
  • Established
You should really make an effort to get some carbs in you immediately after your workout. Your body increases GLUT4 naturally when you workout. GLUT4 are the "doorways" to the muscle cell. Take AP before breakfast, before your pre-workout meal and before another meal other than pre-bed and post-workout. AP increases GLUT4 and working out increases GLUT4 so taking AP post-workout is kind of a waste.
yo dex, if you dont mind me asking, why wouldn't you have ap for your las meal before bed??? wouldnt you be able to add about 30g carbs to that meal without worrying about those carbs being detrimental to your physique??

On a second question, i wanted to ask you, i have a carb up about 2 times a week where, as opposed to having a cheat meal, i have my diet and only add 100g extra carbs spread evenly throughout the day. and in this particular carb ups i do have carbs IN ALL 6 MEALS
So i been using ap for 5 of those meals with the exception of the post workout meal as i did know about the post-workout response to nutrients in relation to glut4 stimulation in muscle cells as you mentioned above.
So the question is, is it fine to have as much as 5 doses in these days or do you find anything bad on my particular protocol??? is it too much ap or will it loose effectiveness??

If it helps at all, i dont use ap other days in the week with the exception of breakfast. so in other words, im usning 1 ap cap per day and 2 of those days i use 5 caps.
Any thoughts???

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yo dex, if you dont mind me asking, why wouldn't you have ap for your las meal before bed??? wouldnt you be able to add about 30g carbs to that meal without worrying about those carbs being detrimental to your physique??
You could take Anabolic Pump before your last meal of the day. What Dex tried to point out was that, to minimize the risk of carbohydrate spill-over, it would be prudent to take your most carbohydrate-rich meals before the last meal of the day. If you choose to consume 30gr carbohydrates in your last meal of the day, however, you certainly could take an Anabolic Pump before that meal.

On a second question, i wanted to ask you, i have a carb up about 2 times a week where, as opposed to having a cheat meal, i have my diet and only add 100g extra carbs spread evenly throughout the day. and in this particular carb ups i do have carbs IN ALL 6 MEALS
So i been using ap for 5 of those meals with the exception of the post workout meal as i did know about the post-workout response to nutrients in relation to glut4 stimulation in muscle cells as you mentioned above.
So the question is, is it fine to have as much as 5 doses in these days or do you find anything bad on my particular protocol??? is it too much ap or will it loose effectiveness??

If it helps at all, i dont use ap other days in the week with the exception of breakfast. so in other words, im usning 1 ap cap per day and 2 of those days i use 5 caps.
Any thoughts???
Personally, I think an extra three capsules of Anabolic Pump should be enough for an extra 100gr carbohydrates. Generally, therefore, I would not recommend taking five to six capsules of Anabolic Pump daily. Yet, a large part of the answer to the question(s) you posed depends on how you have responded to those five capsules you took on your carb-refeed days. In particular, considering that you take five capsules only two days per week, and one capsule on the other days, sort of like pulsing Anabolic Pump, your current protocol should be fine, if you think you have responded well to it. If you feel lethargic on those five-AP days (probably due to carbohydrate-related energy deficits), you may reduce your Anabolic Pump intake via trial and error until you reach a maximum amount that works for you. The recommendation here may not be precise, but this is because your lifestyle and physiological status might make all the difference versus a different user, and consequently calls for some experimentation.

shinivan

Awards
  • Established
You could take Anabolic Pump before your last meal of the day. What Dex tried to point out was that, to minimize the risk of carbohydrate spill-over, it would be prudent to take your most carbohydrate-rich meals before the last meal of the day. If you choose to consume 30gr carbohydrates in your last meal of the day, however, you certainly could take an Anabolic Pump before that meal.

Personally, I think an extra three capsules of Anabolic Pump should be enough for an extra 100gr carbohydrates. Generally, therefore, I would not recommend taking five to six capsules of Anabolic Pump daily. Yet, a large part of the answer to the question(s) you posed depends on how you have responded to those five capsules you took on your carb-refeed days. In particular, considering that you take five capsules only two days per week, and one capsule on the other days, sort of like pulsing Anabolic Pump, your current protocol should be fine, if you think you have responded well to it. If you feel lethargic on those five-AP days (probably due to carbohydrate-related energy deficits), you may reduce your Anabolic Pump intake via trial and error until you reach a maximum amount that works for you. The recommendation here may not be precise, but this is because your lifestyle and physiological status might make all the difference versus a different user, and consequently calls for some experimentation.
Thanks for the reply, first off. To be completely honest, ive found this protocol very beneficial. In fact, ive found slight muscle gains while still leaning out and diet has stayed the same. I just didn't mention this because i didn't want the peps here in am to think i was just "trying to kiss ass"
In fact, the first time i tried ap a long time ago i thought it was bunk, but somehow i was brought back to the product and after reading the ap manual manuscript i tried waiting 30 min protocol and its been almost magical, ive found ap DOES WORK. I mean, ive tried this diet fashion but, although fat loss was progressing, i was feeling bloated and lethargic at times due to the recharge from the carbs after acuple carb meals in the carb load days.
But after doing the proper wait time for my body type, it almost seem as carbs are literally injected into the muscles. Fact is , i feel very energetic on those carb days to the point that i been doing two a days instead of working the two muscles at once since i have so much energy.
Trust me , i freaking bought 3 ap/slin stacks when nutra was having that special some time ago, I just hope the goods dont stop , hehe.

I have a dream, though, maybe one day you guys will make a product that encapsules fat from a meal , that would make :burger:burgers and fries:burger: THE anabolic meal haha.

:cheers:

MrPurdue2010

Awards
9am-BREAKFAST so 1AP caps at 8:45 right?
12PM LUNCH 11:45 am caps right?
3PM MEAL
5PM-Protien Shake
6PM Workout
8 PM Dinner 7:45 1 AP Cap right?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
9am-BREAKFAST so 1AP caps at 8:45 right?
12PM LUNCH 11:45 am caps right?
3PM MEAL
5PM-Protien Shake
6PM Workout
8 PM Dinner 7:45 1 AP Cap right?
You certainly could use your Anabolic Pump this way. I assume those post-Anabolic Pump meals also contain 30-60gr (complex) carbohydrates.

An alternative approach would be to take an Anabolic Pump pre-breakfast; another pre pre-workout meal (your protein shake with some carbohydrates), and the third Anabolic Pump with your dinner.

ravens81

ravens81

Awards
AP Question????

I'm 28 5'10 175 lbs. I was 230 lbs back in Dec. I cut a ton of weight, I know it was a very unhealthy diet but it worked for the most part. I hit the gym 5 days a week do about a 30-45 mins of weight traing and then do almost an hour of cardio 4 days a week. I have one of those scales that tell you how much body fat you have. It says I'm at 19% which I think is close to accurate cause when I started I was at 30% and I still have a pouch of belly fat. I started taking AP stacked with Jack3d about 3 weeks ago to get some lean muscle back from my cut. Also, I started taking protein shakes(which I now realize I should have been taking through my cut), 1 in morning, 2nd postworkout...I did the three AP pills a day for 2 weeks. MEAL 1-oatmeal w/banana. MEAL 2-Salad w/chicken and a bunch of beans and peas. MEAL 3-Lentil soup. Doing this I stopped losing weight so cut out MEAL 3 and eat a little cottage cheese before bed. IS TAKING AP ONLY TWICE A DAY WITH AT LEAST 40gr of carbs STILL GOING TO HELP ME OR AM I WASTING TIME WITH AP ONLY TWICE A DAY? Keep in mind my first priority is getting rid of my gut ASAP then building lean muscle 2nd. THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO READ AND RESPOND!!!

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Question...

I'm doing my best to gain weight in any shape for fashion (muscle or fat) but i'm having trouble. I'm pretty much eatting as much as i can, i'm still getting better at improving calorie intake. Should i take AP with my meals, or just my pre-workout meal or is it going against my goals?

I'm under the assumption AP will still help me gain lean muscle, so i've been taking it before my meals, all which contain high carbs.

Any insight would be great, thanks.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 28 5'10 175 lbs. I was 230 lbs back in Dec. I cut a ton of weight, I know it was a very unhealthy diet but it worked for the most part.

Congrats on the success thus far! Very impressive!

I hit the gym 5 days a week do about a 30-45 mins of weight traing and then do almost an hour of cardio 4 days a week. I have one of those scales that tell you how much body fat you have. It says I'm at 19% which I think is close to accurate cause when I started I was at 30% and I still have a pouch of belly fat.

These scales are great for tracking changes, but do not rely on them 'too much' to show overall change. Use the mirror, progress pictures, etc.

I started taking AP stacked with Jack3d about 3 weeks ago to get some lean muscle back from my cut.

Great choice! Jack3d with the ultimate pre-training punch, stacked with Anabolic-Pump to assure that the nutrients you feed your body are actually making it to muscle cells (to feed growth and recovery) rather than back into your fat cells!

Also, I started taking protein shakes(which I now realize I should have been taking through my cut), 1 in morning, 2nd postworkout...

Protein shakes are 'good', but whole-food lean protein is best!

I did the three AP pills a day for 2 weeks.

I hope you arrived there slowly. Most should dose 1-2 for the first 7-10 days, finally arriving at 3/day after this time frame.

MEAL 1-oatmeal w/banana.
MEAL 2-Salad w/chicken and a bunch of beans and peas.
MEAL 3-Lentil soup. Doing this I stopped losing weight so cut out MEAL 3 and eat a little cottage cheese before bed.

So, at this point you are only eating 3 meals per day?

IS TAKING AP ONLY TWICE A DAY WITH AT LEAST 40gr of carbs STILL GOING TO HELP ME OR AM I WASTING TIME WITH AP ONLY TWICE A DAY?

This product is very individual to your diet. If you only eat ~40g/carbs twice per day, then twice per day AP dosing is fine! I see no issues with twice/day dosing if youre only eating three times/day.

Keep in mind my first priority is getting rid of my gut ASAP then building lean muscle 2nd. THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO READ AND RESPOND!!!
See bolded responses.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Question...

I'm doing my best to gain weight in any shape for fashion (muscle or fat) but i'm having trouble. I'm pretty much eatting as much as i can, i'm still getting better at improving calorie intake. Should i take AP with my meals, or just my pre-workout meal or is it going against my goals?

I'm under the assumption AP will still help me gain lean muscle, so i've been taking it before my meals, all which contain high carbs.

Any insight would be great, thanks.
Nice bike!

AP is a must have in a high-calorie diet. This is a KILLER plan my friend.

I actually recommend this to every individual that is having issues gaining weight. This is the main point here - You can take in as many calories as you want, this really is not the issue. The issue is the amount of calories (proteins, fats and carbohydrate) that your body can utilize.

With Anabolic-Pump, in combination with a weight-gainer powder (for example), your body can store and utilize MUCH more of the nutrients you take in. Rather than normal 'going in one end, out the other' effect, you will see a positive glycogen feeding (MGU - Muscular Glucose Uptake).

This will become apparent when you FINALLY being to put on muscular size and FINALLY being to utilize these nutrients you have been shoveling in your mouth.

This increase in MGU alone helps counteract a 'short' gastrointestinal tract and a leading thyroid; common components of the ectomorphic somatotypes.

Additionally - With Anabolic-Pump, you may see a slight increase in the urge to consume carbohydrate. Poor hunger (high carbohydrate tolerance) is ofter the 'Achilles heel' of the ectomorph.

If you are not familiar with the term ectomorph - Ectomorphic individuals are typically 'built' for endurance type exercise. Typically will naturally have thin builds with skinny limbs.

I typically recommend an average of 25% protein, 55% carbohydrate and 20% fat in the diets of ectomorphic individuals, as a starting point of course.

Add Anabolic-Pump 20 minutes prior to up to 3 meals per day.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Thanks my friend, i'm glad buying AP wasn't a mistake!

I eat atleast 4 major meals with atleast 75 carbs a day, taking 4 AP a day won't hurt me will it?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks my friend, i'm glad buying AP wasn't a mistake!

I eat atleast 4 major meals with atleast 75 carbs a day, taking 4 AP a day won't hurt me will it?
Not as long as you reach that 4th one slowly... Start with 1-2 per day, slowly add the 3rd, then the 4th. No need to hurry it. Keep in mind, 1 AP works for hours...

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Not as long as you reach that 4th one slowly... Start with 1-2 per day, slowly add the 3rd, then the 4th. No need to hurry it. Keep in mind, 1 AP works for hours...
ok, so my post workout meal is my last meal of the day containing carbs because i workout so late, so assuming 1 ap lasts hours, would it be more beneficial for me on workout days to take 1ap 15min before Breakfast (60g carbs), 1ap 15 min before Lunch(40g carbs), and 1ap 15 min pre workout(60g carbs)... i eat my pre about an hour before hand, takes about an hour to workout then do card for about 20 mins so that would put me at about 2 hours 45 mins after the last ap dosing would it still be in effect by the time i drink my post shake, or should i just do as suggested on the bottle? i get most my carbs at breakfast pre and post though with 60g each of those meals.. but its whichever way i get the most bang with it, i was just going to take it 3 times with the largest carb meals but if it lasts a while im thinking i may be able to stretch it out and get the effects throughout the day and benefit from it for almost every carb containing meal..

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Okay... scenario... I am on a Keto diet and carb up on the weekends. During the week, I train at night (8-9pm). Before training, I will usually hit up some stims, 1.5g 1-Carboxy, some creatine and about 400mg R-ALA for creatine transport. Despite being on a Keto diet (carb depleted) during the week, my body responds well to the R-ALA and the rest of the concoction I throw down prior to training. Here is the big question: I have 2 bottles on AP on the way and I was wondering if AP could be implemented in place of the R-ALA. Am I likely to go hypo doing this? My carb intake is next to none during the week. The R-ALA doesnt cause hypo in my current protocol.

Anyway, my experiment is to swap out my current pre/wo protocol with: 1 AP, 2 scoops ASGT, and 10 Hemavol tabs... I am looking forward to the potential results of this stack. I've made some good progress with my recomp so far but looking to kick it up a notch... then I have a Hdrol/Androhard cycle planned for late summer

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay... scenario... I am on a Keto diet and carb up on the weekends. During the week, I train at night (8-9pm). Before training, I will usually hit up some stims, 1.5g 1-Carboxy, some creatine and about 400mg R-ALA for creatine transport. Despite being on a Keto diet (carb depleted) during the week, my body responds well to the R-ALA and the rest of the concoction I throw down prior to training. Here is the big question: I have 2 bottles on AP on the way and I was wondering if AP could be implemented in place of the R-ALA. Am I likely to go hypo doing this? My carb intake is next to none during the week. The R-ALA doesnt cause hypo in my current protocol.

Anyway, my experiment is to swap out my current pre/wo protocol with: 1 AP, 2 scoops ASGT, and 10 Hemavol tabs... I am looking forward to the potential results of this stack. I've made some good progress with my recomp so far but looking to kick it up a notch... then I have a Hdrol/Androhard cycle planned for late summer
You should be fine with the 1 Anabolic Pump/2 Andraulic State GT/10 Hemavol stack. The Andraulic State GT alone delivers over 20g carbohydrates, so you should not go hypo. Let us know how it goes!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
anabolic pump is an awesome product and a great concept. ive noticed a change in bowel texture and i attribute it to the aforemention intestinal contraction increase. if i wanted to avoid this, would p-slin be the alternative, or does it contain the same agent?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
anabolic pump is an awesome product and a great concept. ive noticed a change in bowel texture and i attribute it to the aforemention intestinal contraction increase. if i wanted to avoid this, would p-slin be the alternative, or does it contain the same agent?
P-Slin does not contain the same compound. Yet, the possible Anabolic Pump (side) effect you alluded to ceases when the cleansing is completed. It should be a brief phenomenon.

Layddually

Awards
I have a question I'm sure some one has already asked. I eat constantly all day. So there is never a time I have an empty stomach. So should I just try to time the best I can even if I just ate some thing small but eating big in about 15-30 min?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a question I'm sure some one has already asked. I eat constantly all day. So there is never a time I have an empty stomach. So should I just try to time the best I can even if I just ate some thing small but eating big in about 15-30 min?
Dose prior to your largest intake of carbohydrate.