Awards
Is there anyway to reverse any hair loss from anabolics

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm going to post you my answer I have copied and paste for just such an occasion:

I recommend checking out https://www.hairlosstalk.com/

They have lots of good articles, a forum, feedback from member son various methods of what hair loss treatments work and what don't.

My hairline is starting to recede and I've been using a product called PURA D’OR Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo. It has lots of great ingredients that inhibit DHT production at the scalp, including saw palmetto, Pygem, Nettle extract, and they also include Nizoral (Ketoconazole) which has been shown to block DHT at the receptor site in the scalp. There is also biotin in it of course, which is another supplement you should be taking for hair loss (although the studies are scant).

They also make a very good conditioner called PURA D'OR Hair Thinning Therapy Conditioner. It has an ingredient in it called Copper Tripeptide-1 which has been shown to reduce hair loss and possibility even regrow it. Some people use it on their own, and some people combine it with minoxidil.

I use both the shampoo and conditioner daily. I combine the shampoo with another shampoo called Everclean. It has some Salicylic acid in it. This helps force the old skin to peel off and regenerate new skin, helping the follicles stay clean and free of debris. Dr. Lee who used to run minoxidil.com (before they f#$king FDA shut him down) sold a formula very similar to this. It was Nizoral and Salicyclic acid as a shampoo.

You can also look into applying azelaic acid nightly before bed. I see Amazon has a few products with azelaic acid in them, but they're a bit pricey, and I think hairlosstalk sells some cheaper. Here's one I found called NutraViv Hair Growth Serum. It contains: Purified water, alcohol, glycerin, azelaic acid, black cohosh, pantothenic acid, Japanese green tea extract, aloe, licorice extract, seabuckthorn berry and seed oil, grapefruit seed extract, and niacin.

You can also buy some topical spironolactone from Hairlosstalk. It's a greasy formula and it stinks, so I really don't like using it. Good ole Dr. Lee used to make it into a liquid that was much more easy to apply.

Finally, I take NOW Supplements, Prostate Health, Clinical Strength. It has tons of ingredients to help with hair loss including saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica), Pumpkin Seed Oil and lots of other good stuff which will work internally to help slow hair loss.

Btw, if you want to check out Dr. Lee's old page, it's still the wayback machine and has some very good articles.

Hair Loss Myths
Some Journal Reports involving the various hair loss ingredients

Beyond that, the only rx drugs that can regrow hair are Rogaine/Minoxidil, which you have to apply daily for the rest of your life as well as Propecia (finasteride). However, I recently came across this thread entitled Ask somebody who's life is ruined by Propecia anything... so take that into consideration before deciding to take that.

I've been using PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy. They take your blood and put it through a centrifuge and try and get the growth factors in the blood to cause the hair to regrow. It's probably the closest thing to stem cell therapy you can do now.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Damn @Challenger11 , you goin hard wit it.

First step to saving your hairline is probably to drop that sd for a bit.

jus sayin

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
so let’s get this straight......your 23, you’ve run one cycle in your life and that was 8 weeks of SD solo (apparently), you had no pct planned, seemingly no idea of suppression and what that means, it would appear zero research was done before you started and now your saying all your hair has fallen out.

I mean **** me, the government just found their next ‘don’t do roids poster boy’ me thinks 🙄

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm going to post you my answer I have copied and paste for just such an occasion:

I recommend checking out https://www.hairlosstalk.com/

They have lots of good articles, a forum, feedback from member son various methods of what hair loss treatments work and what don't.

My hairline is starting to recede and I've been using a product called PURA D’OR Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo. It has lots of great ingredients that inhibit DHT production at the scalp, including saw palmetto, Pygem, Nettle extract, and they also include Nizoral (Ketoconazole) which has been shown to block DHT at the receptor site in the scalp. There is also biotin in it of course, which is another supplement you should be taking for hair loss (although the studies are scant).

They also make a very good conditioner called PURA D'OR Hair Thinning Therapy Conditioner. It has an ingredient in it called Copper Tripeptide-1 which has been shown to reduce hair loss and possibility even regrow it. Some people use it on their own, and some people combine it with minoxidil.

I use both the shampoo and conditioner daily. I combine the shampoo with another shampoo called Everclean. It has some Salicylic acid in it. This helps force the old skin to peel off and regenerate new skin, helping the follicles stay clean and free of debris. Dr. Lee who used to run minoxidil.com (before they f#$king FDA shut him down) sold a formula very similar to this. It was Nizoral and Salicyclic acid as a shampoo.

You can also look into applying azelaic acid nightly before bed. I see Amazon has a few products with azelaic acid in them, but they're a bit pricey, and I think hairlosstalk sells some cheaper. Here's one I found called NutraViv Hair Growth Serum. It contains: Purified water, alcohol, glycerin, azelaic acid, black cohosh, pantothenic acid, Japanese green tea extract, aloe, licorice extract, seabuckthorn berry and seed oil, grapefruit seed extract, and niacin.

You can also buy some topical spironolactone from Hairlosstalk. It's a greasy formula and it stinks, so I really don't like using it. Good ole Dr. Lee used to make it into a liquid that was much more easy to apply.

Finally, I take NOW Supplements, Prostate Health, Clinical Strength. It has tons of ingredients to help with hair loss including saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, Stinging Nettle (Urtica dioica), Pumpkin Seed Oil and lots of other good stuff which will work internally to help slow hair loss.

Btw, if you want to check out Dr. Lee's old page, it's still the wayback machine and has some very good articles.

Hair Loss Myths
Some Journal Reports involving the various hair loss ingredients

Beyond that, the only rx drugs that can regrow hair are Rogaine/Minoxidil, which you have to apply daily for the rest of your life as well as Propecia (finasteride). However, I recently came across this thread entitled Ask somebody who's life is ruined by Propecia anything... so take that into consideration before deciding to take that.

I've been using PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy. They take your blood and put it through a centrifuge and try and get the growth factors in the blood to cause the hair to regrow. It's probably the closest thing to stem cell therapy you can do now.
Yo I bought the Pur Ador dandruff shampoo (the blue bottle, not the gold thinning formula) and it’s seriously the best shampoo I have ever used, by a long shot.

I know it’s not the anti-thinning you love, but I just wanted to say thanks for the recommend because it’s a terrific brand.

I also rotate washing with that and Nizoral.

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hairlossfromsteroids.com used to have a lot of good info

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not that it would help during a cycle but for some of us that mast and tren has pre-aged our hairline would RU-58841 be something to look into?

Heybros1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Fin and minox work sometimes. A good face and hair will beat muscles everytime remember that.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yo I bought the Pur Ador dandruff shampoo (the blue bottle, not the gold thinning formula) and it’s seriously the best shampoo I have ever used, by a long shot.

I know it’s not the anti-thinning you love, but I just wanted to say thanks for the recommend because it’s a terrific brand.

I also rotate washing with that and Nizoral.
I'm glad you like it. I like it too, both the shampoo & conditioner. I use Nizoral everytime I shower.

Not that it would help during a cycle but for some of us that mast and tren has pre-aged our hairline would RU-58841 be something to look into?
It's prohibitively expensive. Try looking at some of the DHT blocker compounds listed above.

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
post a pic of your chrome dome

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You could always go to Turkey and get a hair transplant.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What about peppermint oil? I remember reading a study on how it supposedly is as effective as minoxidil as a vasodilator and therefore helps hair growth.

@StarScream66 what s your input on that?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
What about peppermint oil? I remember reading a study on how it supposedly is as effective as minoxidil as a vasodilator and therefore helps hair growth.

@StarScream66 what s your input on that?
Ah, I see what happened now. I didn't paste the links.

Never heard that. AFAIK, there is only one thing that will actually regrow hair: minoxidil and maybe finasteride.

I'm in the process of starting a company that I plan to sell topical spironolactone in a liquid form that men can apply to their scalps. Spironolactone is an anti-androgen, so locally, it would completely bind to the androgen receptors in the scalp and prevent androgens from attaching to them, preventing any further hair loss. I'd also like to do a topical finasteride, but it's very expensive stuff, so it might be too cost prohibitive for most people.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Never heard that. AFAIK, there is only one thing that will actually regrow hair: minoxidil and maybe finasteride.

I'm in the process of starting a company that I plan to sell topical spironolactone in a liquid form that men can apply to their scalps. Spironolactone is an anti-androgen, so locally, it would completely bind to the androgen receptors in the scalp and prevent androgens from attaching to them, preventing any further hair loss. I'd also like to do a topical finasteride, but it's very expensive stuff, so it might be too cost prohibitive for most people.
Topical finasteride still does go systemic afaik.

There are some horror stories that it mutates your androgen receptors, dont really know what to make of them, but long lasting sides people continue to experience post usage cant be explained by mere lack of 5 alpha reduction of testosterone, especially after fin is long gone from their system.

I am currently using 2% ketoconazole shampoo religiously, and am willing to try and use minoxidil, IF i dont get cardiovascular sides from it.

I dont want to touch finasteride.

to be clear, i am not thinning visibly, just that i have naturally pretty high hairline and temples, and they seem to have recessed a little bit in the last few years, hence trying to repair the damage hahahah

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I can’t believe we don’t have a legit, simple cure for this shitt yet. 10 years ago they said we’d have one by now...

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
While we're on the ketoconazole talk... I've been using 2% ketoconazole for about 5 years for seborrheic dermatitis (or at least that's what the dermatologist thinks it is) and recently switched to going back and forth from that to Neutrogena t-gel (coal tar) and it seems like the t-gel is doing fine with my scalp by itself, maybe better actually.

But then recently found out about the hair loss use for keto and now I'm afraid to stop using it! Anybody who's used it for an extended period of time and then quit notice any thinning afterwards?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

There are some horror stories that it mutates your androgen receptors, dont really know what to make of them, but long lasting sides people continue to experience post usage cant be explained by mere lack of 5 alpha reduction of testosterone, especially after fin is long gone from their system.

I am currently using 2% ketoconazole shampoo religiously, and am willing to try and use minoxidil, IF i dont get cardiovascular sides from it.

to be clear, i am not thinning visibly, just that i have naturally pretty high hairline and temples, and they seem to have recessed a little bit in the last few years, hence trying to repair the damage hahahah
I would NEVER touch Finasteride.
And I'd never recommend it to anyone.

It's just not worth the risks

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Everything applied topically goes systematic in some way, but the amount you'd be adding your scalp would be small enough and localized enough that it wouldn't go systematic in a big way.

and am willing to try and use minoxidil, IF i dont get cardiovascular sides from it.
I've never heard of cardio sides from minoxidil.

[/QUOTE]
While we're on the ketoconazole talk... I've been using 2% ketoconazole for about 5 years for seborrheic dermatitis (or at least that's what the dermatologist thinks it is) and recently switched to going back and forth from that to Neutrogena t-gel (coal tar) and it seems like the t-gel is doing fine with my scalp by itself, maybe better actually.

But then recently found out about the hair loss use for keto and now I'm afraid to stop using it! Anybody who's used it for an extended period of time and then quit notice any thinning afterwards?
That's kind of funny because I have that exact same skin condition and I've been using Neutrogen T-Gel too. But, I use it along with Everclean shampoo, which is a really good shampoo for seborrheic dermatitis as it has pine tar oil, tea tree oil, salicylic acid, and a bunch of other plant based ingredients that help keep the flakes away and kill the bacterial yeast on the scalp.

But, I alternate between than and Nizoral 2% and PURA D’OR Anti-Hair Thinning Shampoo combined.

My dermatologist said Nizoral really isn't that great of a med for seborrheic dermatitis, so I also have to apply glucocorticosteroids to my beard and scalp too.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Never had issues with propecia
That's good!
Not everyone does.

But a good number of people do.
Some of the sides are REALLY Bad.
And sometimes they can last for years, After discontinuing.

😟😳😥

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Has anyone used finasteride from a research company?

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have seen people talking about topical and it never says at some sites I have looked at.

Heybros1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Millions of men around the world take finesteride daily to help combat hairloss. The vast majority get no noticeable negative side effects. Lots of men actually get higher libido while on it do to the test increase you get from it. There is a small risk that it will negatively affect you but the risk is small and in almost every case reversible once the medication is stopped.

Its a great drug that has gotten a bad reputation based on a very small amount of unlucky individuals based on how many its helped which is a shame.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@StarScream66
What are the glucocorticoids you use? Sorry i know its off topic but my gf has seb derm really bad and if anyones got any advice about managing it and reducing itching i would be so grateful, her Dr is useless

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I dont know what's going with this today

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Regarding spironolactone I haven’t find any study (in exception of one old small study with 6 patients) showing there would be no systemic absorption. Regarding topical finasteride there are studies showing the system absorption of 1mg topical or p.o dose is almost similar. So it’s not a good option neither for those who want to avoid systemic effect.

Also the issue with spironolactone is it’s solubility. to make liquid spironolactone you need to make it in an alcohol solution and this is what make it stink. The solution is to make it in a lotion/ cream, this way it would be less stinky but more messy.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Regarding spironolactone I haven’t find any study (in exception of one old small study with 6 patients) showing there would be no systemic absorption. Regarding topical finasteride there are studies showing the system absorption of 1mg topical or p.o dose is almost similar. So it’s not a good option neither for those who want to avoid systemic effect.

Also the issue with spironolactone is it’s solubility. to make liquid spironolactone you need to make it in an alcohol solution and this is what make it stink. The solution is to make it in a lotion/ cream, this way it would be less stinky but more messy.
Wait, you found two studies showing spiro and fina have no systemic effect so they would be bad choices?

Also, it's not the alcohol that stinks from the spiro, it's the substance itself. I've used it in the cream from hairlosstalk and it still stank.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
@StarScream66
What are the glucocorticoids you use? Sorry i know its off topic but my gf has seb derm really bad and if anyones got any advice about managing it and reducing itching i would be so grateful, her Dr is useless
I use FLUOCINONIDE as a liquid in alcohol solution. It burns like hell, but it really works. Another really really good treatment for seb derm is Neutrogena T-Gel it has coal tar in it and really works well to stop the itching. I mix it along with EverClean which has salicyclic acid, tea tree oil, and a bunch of other ingredients to help stop the itching and moisturize the scalp.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Millions of men around the world take finesteride daily to help combat hairloss. The vast majority get no noticeable negative side effects. Lots of men actually get higher libido while on it do to the test increase you get from it. There is a small risk that it will negatively affect you but the risk is small and in almost every case reversible once the medication is stopped.

Its a great drug that has gotten a bad reputation based on a very small amount of unlucky individuals based on how many its helped which is a shame.
I have personally talked to guys who say that it ruined their lives.

They would disagree with your assessment.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use FLUOCINONIDE as a liquid in alcohol solution. It burns like hell, but it really works. Another really really good treatment for seb derm is Neutrogena T-Gel it has coal tar in it and really works well to stop the itching. I mix it along with EverClean which has salicyclic acid, tea tree oil, and a bunch of other ingredients to help stop the itching and moisturize the scalp.
My seb dermatitis is so minor it actually took me years to realize I actually did have something occasionally worse than dandruff, so this may not be as useful.

But, that Purador Dandruff shampoo (blue bottle) seriously is by far better than any tea tree oil or salicylic acid shampoo, any dandruff shampoo I have used, by a mile. We are going into winter here and my scalp is happier than it’s ever been.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait, you found two studies showing spiro and fina have no systemic effect so they would be bad choices?

Also, it's not the alcohol that stinks from the spiro, it's the substance itself. I've used it in the cream from hairlosstalk and it still stank.
No I said I didn’t find any study to see if spironolactone has a systemic effect or not.

For Finasteride it is clear that it has systemic absorption if applied locally.

And regarding spironolactone smell. I agree that it’s not the alcohol that stink but mixture of spironolctone in alcohol. I maid spironolactone lotion in the past and it was okay and it’s smell was nothing close to spironolactone solution in alcohol.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
No I said I didn’t find any study to see if spironolactone has a systemic effect or not.

For Finasteride it is clear that it has systemic absorption if applied locally.

And regarding spironolactone smell. I agree that it’s not the alcohol that stink but mixture of spironolctone in alcohol. I maid spironolactone lotion in the past and it was okay and it’s smell was nothing close to spironolactone solution in alcohol.
Well, my experience was different. But I was thinking I could find a carry other than alcohol, like some type of oil just to test to see if it would A) suspend in the oil B) not smell as bad in the oil C) add some type of scent to the oil, like a cologne smell to try and disguise the smell

Also, did it tell the dosage at which finasteride become systematic when applied locally?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, my experience was different. But I was thinking I could find a carry other than alcohol, like some type of oil just to test to see if it would A) suspend in the oil B) not smell as bad in the oil C) add some type of scent to the oil, like a cologne smell to try and disguise the smell

Also, did it tell the dosage at which finasteride become systematic when applied locally?
If you find any solvant I would be interested to know. I know it s soluble in some oils to different extend. But would be interested to see it’s solubility in PEG and PG. couldn’t find any data on that.

For Finasteride I’ll try to find the study and post. If I remember correctly 1mg topical has almost the same systemic distribution than oral. And 100-200mcg had same scalp dht reduction but only 25% systemic DHT reduction.

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yeah this happened to me. I started taking rogaine which didn't work all that great so I got on Finasteride. Finasteride works by blocking DHT. Finasteride looks like it's working, I break up the 1 mg in half. So far haven't experienced bad side effects, it's been several months now.

Remember that it BLOCKS DHT. DHT is what makes you a man and although everyone's different, young people need DHT. Without it you'd be a woman, or something close to. As you get older, your dick loses DHT receptors so it doesn't matter as much.

Also, steroids don't necessarily make you lose hair. It might speed up the process.