Amount of Test/Tren to maintain& build muscle while on a short fast?

DianabolFiend447

DianabolFiend447

Awards
Was wondering if anyone had personal experience with running high dose test/tren or other compounds while fasting to cut for a competition.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Was wondering if anyone had personal experience with running high dose test/tren or other compounds while fasting to cut for a competition.
ive run test and tren on a cut (I don’t compete and haven’t gone anywhere near stage lean but you can see on my logs ive got fairly lean)

400:400 made it almost impossible to lose muscle. If you keep enough protein in the mix you can run a very aggressive deficit on tren in my opinion.

just finished running 600:600 - obvious fat loss but strength is pretty much as high as ever despite being 8kgs lighter

DianabolFiend447

DianabolFiend447

Awards
ive run test and tren on a cut (I don’t compete and haven’t gone anywhere near stage lean but you can see on my logs ive got fairly lean)

400:400 made it almost impossible to lose muscle. If you keep enough protein in the mix you can run a very aggressive deficit on tren in my opinion.

just finished running 600:600 - obvious fat loss but strength is pretty much as high as ever despite being 8kgs lighter
What if I’m at roughly 15% trying to get to 10% faster, how much protein would I need to supplement at minimum for the 2 weeks i fast.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I wouldn’t do an extended fast on gear. They help your muscles suck up nutrients, you could go hypo. That said, any amount of gear will slow down muscle loss, if you’re dead set on fasting, you’ll probably have to feel it out. I doubt many guys have tried this, but individual response will vary enormously with something like this.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I wouldn’t do an extended fast on gear. They help your muscles suck up nutrients, you could go hypo. That said, any amount of gear will slow down muscle loss, if you’re dead set on fasting, you’ll probably have to feel it out. I doubt many guys have tried this, but individual response will vary enormously with something like this.
I recall HGP doing fasting on gear but I think @MrKleen73 has some experience too

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What if I’m at roughly 15% trying to get to 10% faster, how much protein would I need to supplement at minimum for the 2 weeks i fast.
it’s not an exact science but one thing that is worth noting, you can only lose body fat at a certain rate (your body can only process it so quickly), i.e there is a rate limiting factor.

so whilst gear will enable you to maximise the rate of fat loss and minimise muscle losses there is still a limit (others competitors would just fast for 3 weeks to get stage ready instead of doing the 12-16 week cuts).

imo you still want to be consuming at least 1g protein per LB body weight

DianabolFiend447

DianabolFiend447

Awards
it’s not an exact science but one thing that is worth noting, you can only lose body fat at a certain rate (your body can only process it so quickly), i.e there is a rate limiting factor.

so whilst gear will enable you to maximise the rate of fat loss and minimise muscle losses there is still a limit (others competitors would just fast for 3 weeks to get stage ready instead of doing the 12-16 week cuts).

imo you still want to be consuming at least 1g protein per LB body weight
I’m mostly just trying to expedite the slow and steady loss of fat I’ve been doing, although I know its going to be a long road until April, I just wanted to cut a couple more % quicker so I can eat in a lower surplus.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I recall HGP doing fasting on gear but I think @MrKleen73 has some experience too
Yes Sir, probably not a problem for anyone who has already been fasting, or even on a keto diet. If your body is efficient at fat metabolism and readily uses fat for energy there really isn't any issue with going hypo. Well I should say I and many others have not had the issue. Typically people who are inefficient at using fats / ketones tend to get blood sugar issues but not someone with a flexible metabolism who can efficiently use both sources of substrate for energy.

I definitely would not want to try it while already being someone who eats all day and typically has carbs all day. That would be a recipe for low blood sugar. So really it depends on the prep, or persons current ability to use fat for energy.

That being said we are talking about intermittent fasting, IE intra day fasting or ADF. If you are getting into much deeper levels of fasting I don't have a lot of experience with it. I would still assume that without training it would not be a problem like during a week long fast. Of course you should not be doing anything but walking during an extended fast, so even then ketones should still be able to take care of those needs once fat adapted without blood sugar issues. Now if training in the middle of an extended fast, I have no clue other than to say I think that would be counter productive to almost any fitness goal. The effort would require quick energy source which would more than likely break down muscle tissue, and then no nutrients to restore it the protein catabolism would likely get out of hand quickly even on tren.