American Pure Whey Protein... personal experience with terrible results

rnm

Awards
First time poster, long time reader. Usually hang out at LB under same username, but based on my experiences, I'm getting the word out to keep anyone else from getting hosed by this company. For starters, Google "American Pure Whey" and follow the 5th link or so down. It's on the reddit website. (I can't post links until I have 50 posts).

It's making its way around the interwebs, to twitter even. Many bros have been screwed, thinking they were getting cheap protein, when in actuality they were getting cheap who-knows-what-but-it-ain't-protein! Company even appears to have falsified their COA lab tests.

I bought from one of their reps (quite possibly the owner or one of them) on Ebay, and am fighting like a maddog to get my money back. Even shipped the product back to the address on their shipping label to get a refund, which they agreed to do. THEY REFUSED THE SHIPMENT, and now it's on its way back to me! I already spent $56 for the 10 lb bag, and another $20 to ship it back to them. Now they tell me to ship it to a different address than on their shipping label.

I have all documentation of these interactions available thru the ebay message system, so I'm not full of crap. Don't believe me, we can work something out to help you see the light.

STAY AWAY from APW! Unless you like to take powders which you have no idea their ingredients... then its cool.

CPennington

CPennington

Awards
I'd say they are banking their name off MGN American Iso, could be some confusion for new ppl

rnm

Awards
Hopefully the more the word spreads, the fewer people will get swindled. It's been hitting twitter even since last week. Exposure is what's needed to take these guys down, or get them to improve their product... preferably the former, as even their customer service is terrible. Good product still doesn't make up for that, imo.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I'd say they are banking their name off MGN American Iso, could be some confusion for new ppl
American Pure Whey has been around quite a while, so I doubt they are copying anyone else to try and make confusion.

I can also say they have always has the rep for being pretty crappy. I've been lifting almost 20 years and can't recall a good thing said.

tim_1890

Awards
I did not read all the negatives comments, about American Pure Whey and ordered from their web site. What a nightmare!!!
I ordered 20 pounds of whey on 17 May 2012. I waited and never received it (6 days later) on 23 May, so I contacted FEDEX and gave them the FEDEX tracking number that was given to me by American Whey protein (Google check-out via-email) and FEDEX told me there was no package under that tracking number. Fed-x told me I should contact American Pure Whey Protein CO to ask them about the whey shipment. Well, American Pure Whey does not answer any phone calls (I left messages too) when you call their number listed on the American Pure Whey site. I was sent an email by John Hawk (American Pure Whey REP.) 25 May 2012. He told me, I sent the whey out on 24 May 2012, read our shipping policies; we have a 2-6 business days to ship the product. There was no, "I AM SORRY I DID NOT RETURN YOUR PHONE CALLS," HE COULD CARE LESS AND WAS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!! So I went to the American Pure Whey web site to read shipping policies. That just proves John Hawk lies, he can't even tell the truth about his shipping policies to customers.

It says:

Shipping policy
Orders of "in stock" items are normally shipped within two-three days. Our normal shipping is FEDEX Ground or U.S.P.S. We ship from California/North Carolina, so east coast orders arrive the fastest. Air shipping is available at actual cost. Please note that containers may be black, blue or white in color based on availability. We offer free shipping (when offered) only within the CONTINENTAL USA

American pure whey did not ship my whey in 2 or 3 days!!!
So I call me bank and explained everything and was given a full-refund, cancelled my credit card. My bank put a claim against American Pure Whey/Google. TRUST ME, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! Plus several people have done independent test on American Pure whey and it was showing about 12% protein in it. The whole company is a bunch of liars and their product does not meet protein % per gram of protein (as listed on their label).

American Pure Whey is a terrible company, and that’s a fact!!! I am warning everyone so they do not deal with the headaches I was given from American Pure Whey. I'm just glad I did not get their product, since it got terrible reviews. PLUS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXSISTENT!!!
When you call American Pure Whey's number listed of their web site, it is an answering machine and it does not even say you have contacted AMERICAN PURE WHEY when you hear their answering machine pick-up (you wonder if you been scammed???). Their "out of date" website looks like a "FAKE" web site selling products.
I called FEDEX and told them I will refuse any shipment from American Pure Whey.

Tim

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
Theres a sucker born every minute, its a shame though but thats why you should review things before you buy them. I bet it has unsafe amounts of heavy metals in it too along with a lack of protein lol.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just checked out the website. When I see prices that cheap for pure isolate I have to question myself about the company and/or product.

texasfinest2

texasfinest2

Awards
Theres a sucker born every minute, its a shame though but thats why you should review things before you buy them. I bet it has unsafe amounts of heavy metals in it too along with a lack of protein lol.
Exactly

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
Weird, Ive had no problems with their product or their customer service...

tim_1890

Awards
Texasfinest2 Would you say: Steroids are for suckers too, right? LOL

Steroids for men—cause shrinking of the testicles, reduced sperm count, infertility, baldness, development of breasts, increased risk for prostate cancer.

texasfinest2

texasfinest2

Awards
Texasfinest2 Would you say: Steroids are for suckers too, right? LOL

Steroids for men--cause shrinking of the testicles, reduced sperm count, infertility, baldness, development of breasts, increased risk for prostate cancer.
What are you insinuating?

CPennington

CPennington

Awards
Well those are understood risks that come with taking steroids, heavy metals and a lack of protein as previously stated obviously isn't expected with protein powder

tim_1890

Awards
Just asking if you think steroids are for suckers? Just asking a question.... Because many people take steroids, but I think they are for suckers. Just my opinion...

take care

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Great thread to warn people, I was debating using them as well, but in still confused to why this user attacked Texas right here...
Just asking if you think steroids are for suckers? Just asking a question.... Because many people take steroids, but I think they are for suckers. Just my opinion...

take care
Maybe a rep from that company caught wind and went after the biggest guys first?

Either way Texas is a good honest guy so I don't know why this had to happen bro.

texasfinest2

texasfinest2

Awards
Great thread to warn people, I was debating using them as well, but in still confused to why this user attacked Texas right here...

Maybe a rep from that company caught wind and went after the biggest guys first?

Either way Texas is a good honest guy so I don't know why this had to happen bro.
I chalk it up to the game! I am was just thinking this is the wrong thread for those kinds of accusations /questions! Lol

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
I wouldn't think so based on his posts. Why would he bash the company he is rep for?
he didn't say anything about the company, but he went after Texas and accused him randomly of using steriods. Seemed like he went after him out of frustration.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did not read all the negatives comments, about America Pure Whey and ordered from their web site. What a nightmare!!!
I ordered 20 pounds of whey on 17 May 2012. I waited and never received it (6 days later) on 23 May, so I contacted FEDEX and gave them the FEDEX tracking number that was given to me by American Whey protein (Google check-out via-email) and FEDEX told me there was no package under that tracking number. Fed-x told me I should contact American Pure Whey Protein CO to ask them about the whey shipment. Well, American Pure Whey does not answer any phone calls (I left messages too) when you call their number listed on the American Pure Whey site. I was sent an email by John Hawk (American Pure Whey REP.) 25 May 2012. He told me, I sent the whey out on 24 May 2012, read our shipping policies; we have a 2-6 business days to ship the product. There was no, "I AM SORRY I DID NOT RETURN YOUR PHONE CALLS," HE COULD CARE LESS AND WAS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!! So I went to the American Pure Whey web site to read shipping policies. That just proves John Hawk lies, he can't even tell the truth about his shipping policies to customers.

It says:

Shipping policy
Orders of "in stock" items are normally shipped within two-three days. Our normal shipping is FEDEX Ground or U.S.P.S. We ship from California/North Carolina, so east coast orders arrive the fastest. Air shipping is available at actual cost. Please note that containers may be black, blue or white in color based on availability. We offer free shipping (when offered) only within the CONTINENTAL USA

So I call me bank and explained everything and was given a full-refund, cancelled my credit card. My bank put a claim against American Pure Whey/Google. TRUST ME, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! Plus several people have done independent test on American Pure whey and it was showing about 12% protein in it. The whole company is a bunch of liars and their product does not meet protein % per gram of protein (as listed on their label).

American Pure Whey is a terrible company, and that’s a fact!!! I am warning everyone so they do not deal with the headaches I was given from American Pure Whey. I'm just glad I did not get their product, since it got terrible reviews. PLUS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXSISTENT!!!
When you call American Pure Whey's number listed of their web site, it is an answering machine and it does not even say you have contacted AMERICAN PURE WHEY when you hear their answering machine pick-up (you wonder if you been scammed???). Their "out of date" website looks like a "FAKE" web site selling products.
I called FEDEX and told them I will refuse any shipment from American Pure Whey.

Tim
he didn't say anything about the company, but he went after Texas and accused him randomly of using steriods. Seemed like he went after him out of frustration.

Yes it seems he has a lot to say about the company. I'm not sure why he said that to Texas and it was un-called for but clearly he is not affiliated with American Pure Whey.

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yes it seems he has a lot to say about the company. I'm not sure why he said that to Texas and it was un-called for but clearly he is not affiliated with American Pure Whey.
thanks for the correction. still very odd reaction towards someone who agreed with him..

CPennington

CPennington

Awards
Same confusion here, I just tried to jump in and defend Texas

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
i negged him lol. cuz i was the one who made the comment in the first place. texas just agreed with me.

edit: he was prbly just pissed to be one of the suckers LOL

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hope there protein is legit, I've been using them for about a year. I can't tell the difference in there protein and others that I use but I don't know that I could. I have in the past had shipping problems with them but it always worked out in the end.

TxBigBoy92

Awards
I did not read all the negatives comments, about America Pure Whey and ordered from their web site. What a nightmare!!!

It says:

Shipping policy

Tim
DAMN BRO, im in the same boat as you... i ordered 20lbs of ISO on May 18th, 2012, money was charged the same day, and package was "SHIPPED" on the 21st.. Delivery Estimate was May 24th....
it is now May 26, and no sign of my damn package...
FEDEX hasnt even changed the status from "INITIATED".....
i called FEDEX and they also told me they havent recieved the package if not it would have atleast said "PICKED UP".....
I tried calling APW but "Jhon Hawk" doesnt answer and he wont return my calls or emails...
WTF can i do... you think my bank account will reimburse my money..? **** man im pissed...
i have ordered from them twice and both transactions were great... til this one...

tim_1890

Awards
T-Bone is right and others are completely wrong about me being a Rep.

tim_1890

Awards
Do exactly like I did. I did not lose anything, just wasted about 15 minutes of my time with 2 phones (refused package with tracking number from FEDEX and called my bank. If you ordered with a bank Visa card you are protected.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
My friend was scammed by them. I almost gave into them and purchased about 2-3 years ago. Happy I did not!!!

TxBigBoy92

Awards
Do exactly like I did. I did not lose anything, just wasted about 15 minutes of my time with 2 phones (refused package with tracking number from FEDEX and called my bank. If you ordered with a bank Visa card you are protected.

TIM, can you help me get my money back...?
what exactly did you do/say to fedex and your bank?
cuz im just tired of waiting for this damn package and i am doubting the quality now since all this problems came up...
i would really appreciate the help..
i tried Pm'ing you, but i dont have enough posts...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FloydB Supplements 7
Jawbreaker24 Supplements 16
DWeaver Supplements 14
jherman08 Supplements 13
CTDeuce Supplement Logs 13