ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT! Let's get chiseled with ALRI HumaPro! *sponsored*

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
[video=youtube;KHkyebnNrKk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHkyebnNrKk[/video]

Video Cliff Notes--
Another big thanks to VaughnTrue for giving this experiment the go ahead!

I'm cutting hard for the next 3 weeks. Going to use HumaPro for the next 3-4 weeks to replace up to 150 grams of my normal daily protein intake of 200-220 grams. HumaPro is said to be used much more efficiently by the body and has only .02 kcal per gram compared to protein's 4 kcal per gram. Going by this, I should be saving up to 600 kcal a day with no change in recovery!

I'll be using it mostly on weekdays when my eating schedule is more set in stone.

According to the claims, 5g HumaPro=25g whey.

I'm carb-cycling but macro intake averages out to 35C/40P/25F. I'll still be taking in solid food throughout the day. This supplement is just to replace my protein needs.

I weighed 203.9lbs at the gym this morning.

HumaPro mixes great and tastes even better! Fresh Cut Pineapple tastes just like that!

Here goes nothing!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Before--
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1463245449.648050.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1463245473.830792.jpg
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1463245484.600121.jpg

Macros for yesterday. Had 3 scoops of HP and still little low on protein. This may be a couple days of learning curve...
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1463245554.903366.jpg

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Plenty of pics already. Liking the detail so far

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a bit more to eat last night than I planned. I didn't quite blow things out of the water. But my willpower fell by the wayside in the presence of cheese fries and a bloomin' onion

Today is another day, though. My initial plan was to not use HP on the weekends. But I've found out that I have TWO freaking birthday get togethers next Saturday. I may use HP throughout the day to offset those cals a bit.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good stuff man. In to see how this turns out.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Great detail so far man!!! I have heard great things about the Pineapple flavor and I am glad that you like it!!!!

In for the fun times yo!!!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great detail so far man!!! I have heard great things about the Pineapple flavor and I am glad that you like it!!!!

In for the fun times yo!!!
The Fresh Cut Pineapple is very good. It really tastes like pineapple juice and even in a quart of water, the taste doesn't get very diluted. I have to keep from chugging the bottle!

Weighed in more than expected this morning. But, it was leg day so I used those extra carbs to push through! Instead of my normal half scoop of whey or half can of tuna pre-workout I had a 1/2 scoop of HP pre and a full scoop post. I think after my workout tomorrow I'm going to blend up a banana with the scoop of HP and maybe some coconut oil. D***, after thinking about that taste combination maybe I'll have itfor lunch today!!!!

WarmUp
Stationary Bike--14 minutes for 5.25 miles and 205 cals burned (a2m)

KB Glute raise--1x16x12lb,15lb

Leg ext--115 asc (had to stop and take a couple of breathers on the 8 and 10 rep sets)

SuperSets
Trap deads/Planks--3x3x315,2x3x335,345,335,1x3x31 5,1x12x225/36 secs (30 secs rest between SuperSets)
Front squats/Mtn climbers--3x8x145, 1x8x/36 steps
Glute Bridge/Scissor Kicks--3x10x185/16 kicks

DB lunges--2x12x35lbs

Arc Trainer--26 minutes for 600 cals (a2m)
Finisher
Leg Ext--10x130,120,110,90 (Dropset)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome start man, im in to follow from now on!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Macros for my first full day
b127ec08-58a5-4e1e-a76b-b1a66ab8f0e6.png

125g of the protein intake was 5 scoops of HP. I think I took my fats and carbs a bit too low, though. I'm very impressed with how little DOMS I felt this morning. But overall I just felt kind of "blah." Ended up aggravating an old shoulder impingement too, so it made for a lightweight workout. Still got a good burn in my chest on the pec deck, but I think with the combination of the shoulder tweak and general "blah" I'm going to move my planned de-load up by a few days. I'm going to bump my carbs and fats up a bit and take things lighter the rest of the week.

I also think I'm borderline-addicted to Fresh Cut Pineapple in a quart of water. DELICIOUS! Had 1/2 scoop pre and full scoop post this morning and I'm already looking forward to another scoop at lunch! I tried the banana, HP, and cashew milk smoothie after my workout but it was too thin and I didn't put in enough liquid to really offset the pineapple. I still think it sounds like a great idea for a smoothie! I just need to play around with the recipe...

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1463666643.995374.jpg

Yesterday's macros with 4 scoops of HP replacing 100g of protein. Since upping my carbs I've felt better and after replacing large amounts of meat and whey with HP, my muscles are feeling pretty good(except for this shoulder)!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Glad to see everything is going well for you man!!!!! Glad you're feeling good (except for the shoulders)

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad to see everything is going well for you man!!!!! Glad you're feeling good (except for the shoulders)
LOL. It's feeling better. I just don't know when I'll be able to do dips again :(

I know I'm not quite a week into this and I haven't been doing the full 6 scoops. But this really could be a game-changer! I don't think I'm going to weigh until next week. But I've been staying well under calories this week and haven't felt anything ill except for those first couple days when I probably cut too drastically :nono2:

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Came off the deload with a killer leg day. Short but intense. I didn't weigh in this morning as I'm pretty sure I'm holding onto a good bit of water from eating too much on Saturday. But as I stated in someone else's log, I'm definitely more vascular right now than I was before starting HumaPro. Started off the day with a 1/2 scoop pre and 1/2 scoop intra along with 1 scoop post. Going to shoot for 5-6 scoops a day this week to test recovery.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Right on man!!!! Keep it up!!!!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had 5 scoops of HP yesterday for 600 replacement calories.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1464114653.380750.jpg

My legs are sore today but I do believe they're not as sore as they would be had I only had 96g of protein (221 total - 125 from HP)!

I'm about halfway through the tub. Still really enjoying the Fresh Cut Pineapple taste and using it in different applications (mixed into cottage cheese, kefir, vanilla protein). A 1/2 scoop is a bit strong in a cup of kefir. But 1/2 scoop in the other two mediums are dang tasty!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Scaled hasn't moved since starting the log. But I swear I'm looking better. My recovery doesn't seem to have dipped at all either. I love the pineapple flavor but wanted to try something different...
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1464183874.549984.jpg

My fiance grew up on an apple farm so I'm looking forward to getting her feedback on this flavor. I think it tastes just like apple juice! Another great job with flavoring. I'm looking forward to mixing a 1/2 scoop with some hot water and spices for a real mulled cider protein experience!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Taste of the the Apple Cider HP with 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon is on point! Weighed in at 200.7 this morn so I think Humapro is doing it's job! Killed back today and had 1/2 scoop pre with 1 scoop post. I'm interested to see how the muscles feel tomorrow.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recomp and recovery is still going much better than I expected with HumaPro! I still haven't made it to 6 scoops a day yet. Most days 4-5. A couple of days only 3. With the extra tub I bought, I'm going to go ahead and run this log the full 30 days before pics. But HumaPro has already become a staple! My fiancee' is also a fan of the Apple Cider, so orders of it will be doubled up!

Last weeek I preformed lighter full body workouts in prep for the obstacle course this past weekend. Back to 30 Days Out starting today...

6/6
WarmUp
1 Arm KB Swings/Ab Roller--10 reps per minute each. 12 rounds, 35lb KB

(Took some longer rests today. 30-45 secs. I was feeling a bit more winded than usual)
Strive leg press (end)--10x4x590
Front squats/Spider-Man--4x8x155/34 reps
Flute bridge/lower leg raise--5x6x225/8 reps (PR!)
Romanian Deads/Calf Raise--3x10x155/35lbs
Glute raise--3x10x20,10,0 (No rests)
Leg Ext Finisher--15x110,100,90,70 (No rests)

Arc Trainer--10 minutes for 200kcals burned (a2m)

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Recomp and recovery is still going much better than I expected with HumaPro! I still haven't made it to 6 scoops a day yet. Most days 4-5. A couple of days only 3. With the extra tub I bought, I'm going to go ahead and run this log the full 30 days before pics. But HumaPro has already become a staple! My fiancee' is also a fan of the Apple Cider, so orders of it will be doubled up!

Last weeek I preformed lighter full body workouts in prep for the obstacle course this past weekend. Back to 30 Days Out starting today...

6/6
WarmUp
1 Arm KB Swings/Ab Roller--10 reps per minute each. 12 rounds, 35lb KB

(Took some longer rests today. 30-45 secs. I was feeling a bit more winded than usual)
Strive leg press (end)--10x4x590
Front squats/Spider-Man--4x8x155/34 reps
Flute bridge/lower leg raise--5x6x225/8 reps (PR!)
Romanian Deads/Calf Raise--3x10x155/35lbs
Glute raise--3x10x20,10,0 (No rests)
Leg Ext Finisher--15x110,100,90,70 (No rests)

Arc Trainer--10 minutes for 200kcals burned (a2m)
6 scoops a day is intense haha. I typically do 2 scoops a day. 1 scoop in the AM with my mesomorph (I use pineapple for both, so they mesh well). and then 1 scoop in the evening in place of beer.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
6 Scoops does sound like a lot!! The most I have ever done was 3 but then again I wasn't replacing anything in my meals. I was just taking in the extra humapro

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Semi-rest day today. With that in mind, I'm going to try EMPIREMIND 's fasting protocol. I've got 6 scoops divided amongst 1.5 gallons of water that I'm going to sip and drink on all day before eating tonight after my weekly run. Interested to see out this goes. Will post up effects tomorrow!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Semi-rest day today. With that in mind, I'm going to try EMPIREMIND 's fasting protocol. I've got 6 scoops divided amongst 1.5 gallons of water that I'm going to sip and drink on all day before eating tonight after my weekly run. Interested to see out this goes. Will post up effects tomorrow!
Sounds good. Definitely should be good. When i do it i dont consume anything other than coffee for the entire day. At night i drink the humapro. I might also have a meal before bed depending on what im training the next day.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
NICEEEEEEEE!!!! Hope it goes well

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1466425192.953661.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1466425202.201935.jpg

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I'm going to go ahead and close this out. I've burned through my initial tub of Fresh Cut Pineapple with another due to be delivered tomorrow and I still have around 1/4 of my apple tub. The fact is, Humapro is now a staple of mine. I don't think I can give a product any higher praise than that!

Recovery never diminished while substituting HumaPro for whey or whole food protein. Strength and performance never diminished either! It mixes incredibly well. It tastes great and refreshing. It has no caloric value while still providing the body with nitrogen! I've used it as a primary source of protein (between 3-6 scoops) 5 days a week for the past month and I think the proof is in the pics!
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1466425309.127005.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1466425323.429143.jpg

If I had to list one negative, the only one I can think of is this: after a couple of hours mixed in a bottle, HumaPro gets a most funky aroma. It's very similar to a shaker cup with whey that hasn't been washed in a couple days. The only way I've found the aroma doesn't happen is to leave the bottle or jug in the fridge. But this smell just let's me know that HumaPro is much more than just EAAs. Obviously I'm going to keep buying it!

I can't thank enough VaughnTrue, ManimalPatB, and the rest of the Hi-Tech team for introducing me to HumaPro and honestly, for introducing me to Hi-Tech, period! I had always heard Hi-Tech's name spoken with some stank on it. But from the products I've used from their lines over the past year-year and a half (APS, ALRI, iForce, Hi-Tech), their products flat out work!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Excellent work brother!!! Glad that we could help you become a believer in Humapro!!!!

Thank you for the great log!!!!!